Forum: NFL Football Forum - Sponsored by: WagerWeb - get your 100% bonus here!
Post your picks or discuss anything related to betting NFL football here.

Thread: Super Bowl 52------Brady vs Foles

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RX Senior
    I wonder if Tom Brady had played for the Rams the last few years under Jeff Fisher, if he would be a dud.
    Fisher ran a 1960's Big 10 type offense (run, run, throw on 3rd down), never invested in his OL, had a middle school offense (Gurley even said so), never went for a #1 receiver. He invested everything in D, his draft choices, his free agent signings.
    Foles
    Keenum
    Bradford

All looked like clowns, getting hammered with predictable plays the other teams laughed at.

RX SemiGod
    Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    I wonder if Tom Brady had played for the Rams the last few years under Jeff Fisher, if he would be a dud.
    Fisher ran a 1960's Big 10 type offense (run, run, throw on 3rd down), never invested in his OL, had a middle school offense (Gurley even said so), never went for a #1 receiver. He invested everything in D, his draft choices, his free agent signings.
    Foles
    Keenum
    Bradford

All looked like clowns, getting hammered with predictable plays the other teams laughed at.
    Brady just happened to be in the right "system" with the right owner & with a great coach, hence his success, & of course with help by refs since the tuck rule BS in 2001, the Pats have been getting a ton of calls favoring them past 17 years until last night was so glad to see the refs not debate what a catch was, cuz it could have easily been another Pats/Pitt game from earlier in season.

I think Brady should crawl in a hole with his Victoria Secret model wife & his kids & their hundreds of millions & never look back......just retire you, there's nothing else to accomplish.

But he won't, he always has something to prove, & will be back next season.......good to see the off & def coordinators both gone, I hope Gronk retires too.

Well done TCG. Congratulations.

RX Member
    Kudos tcg!!!

RX SemiGod
    Thanks guys, I'm ready for next season.......NFL schedule comes out a week before NFL Draft, 3rd week.of April.

Have a nice off season pal.. see you in the fall for more fun and making $$$$
    Just Win....
    Placed 13th in 2012 LVH Super Contest

GL Bro and enjoy the break.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal View Post
    Philly guy here. I have the utmost respect for Brady and Belichek. Unlike a lot of fans outside of NE, I really enjoy watching Tom and Co. do what they do. Guy was a 6th rounder and plays with a chip on his shoulder 18 years later still. He is a master of the comeback and rallying the Pats to do amazing things. That's the essence of sport to me. I love it.

With all that said. I bleed Philly green. Always have and always will. The homer in me can see all sorts of angles for Philly to take this thing on Feb 4th. I believe they can and I will probably come close to a heart attack watching the damn game. I have been behind Nick Foles since Wentz went down. I knew he was capable of good things. But I am not depending on it, nor factoring it into the SB. Nick will need to put together at least a half season of consistent good play before he enters into any capping I do. What I am hoping he can accomplish on Feb 4th, is not lose the game with a fumble or a ill advised pass at a critical point in the game. As a homer, and as a believer that he is capable of good things - I lean towards Nick not losing the game. I am certainly not counting on him to win it though. If he does... I will jump thru my roof... but I ain't counting on it.

What I am counting on is the Philly D to keep the game close. If Foles doesn't lose the game and the Philly D keeps the Pats in check - we gotta shot at this thing. Of course when Brady is coming with guns blazing in the 4th I am going to be shitting bricks. I know what the man can do when the game is on the line. Ain't nobody better. But this ain't Brady vs. the Eagles. I think Philly has enough to win the other battles on the field and bring home the first football championship in 58 years.
    I didn't see this before but you hit the nail on the head. Congrats So. Cal.
    I would rather have a grand-daughter working in a cathouse than have a grandson playing for the Yankees. Those that have no respect for the Flag, were never handed a folded one.

RX SemiGod
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pointdog View Post
    Have a nice off season pal.. see you in the fall for more fun and making $$$$
    Thanks bro, have fun this summer & come back to kick some bookies ass. I will watch march madness but won't participate, don't like baskets much. Kentucky derby is fun, I play that every year, & we have world cup soccer June & July which is always fun, so plenty to occupy the sports enthusiast until NFL kick off.

RX SemiGod
    Quote Originally Posted by stock07 View Post
    GL Bro and enjoy the break.
    Thanks man, same to you!

RX Senior
    The Computer Group:

Thanks, and have a great off season!

Your threads are top notch because you promote open discussions about handicapping the games in full, so we look at all aspects, and that helps everybody.

Your particular approach as a handicapper is always sound and filled with valid information.

Sure some cappers on this board have good streaks but I cannot support most of them if they provide no backup, no rationale. And a lot of them post with 15 minutes to kickoff...

Thanks again!

RX SemiGod
    Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    The Computer Group:

Thanks, and have a great off season!

Your threads are top notch because you promote open discussions about handicapping the games in full, so we look at all aspects, and that helps everybody.

Your particular approach as a handicapper is always sound and filled with valid information.

Sure some cappers on this board have good streaks but I cannot support most of them if they provide no backup, no rationale. And a lot of them post with 15 minutes to kickoff...

Thanks again!
    Thanks Serbone, much appreciated!