Forum: Boxing, UFC, Mixed Martial Arts Forum - Picks, discussion and fighter analysis. This is TheRx's official fighting and combat forum.

Thread: Stipe Miocic vs. Daniel Cormier

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Stipe Miocic vs. Daniel Cormier 
    When you're broke, you Break
    For the UFC heavyweight title ... Official for UFC 226 on July 7th.

The two will also coach Season 27 of the Ultimate Fighter

TUF 27 cast ...

RX Local
    Nice....I said in the other thread I thought it was a possibility after the fights last week, even before Dana mentioned it.

It just made complete sense. No one else in either division for each of them to fight that would draw as well as this.

I think they want DJ/TJ on that card too. So it would be 2 cross-division title fights.

Besides DJ / TJ ... good chance we get Cyborg / Nunes too

IF so this card will be dynamite

Opening #'s

Miocic -185

Cormier +150

RX Senior
    Miocic wins. No doubt. Too much natural size, height, reach and power. DC is a natural middleweight.

DC is undefeated at Heavyweight

Please explain how he is a natural middleweight.

RX Senior
    His height and reach are all that of a middleweight. Huge reach disadvantage. His weight is all fat. Cut out the extra weight which is fat that he doesn't need and he would be a middleweight. He beat old, slow bums with average striking and defense at heavyweight. That is no knock on him. Can't expect someone that size to beat elite heavyweights. You could make the case that if they both were exactly the same size maybe DC is better. MAYBE. But with little difference is skill...the bigger guy gets the win. And it is not like he is smaller and has much better footwork, movement and speed. If that was the case maybe he can find a way to outstrike stipe. It is not. Being the smaller heavyweight is often an advantage because of better cardio.... speed and footwork...in this case he doesn't have the edge there...or at size.....weight....reach.

Lol

You are another reason I don't post over here anymore ... Clown Show

Quote Originally Posted by exploited17 View Post
    Miocic wins. No doubt. Too much natural size, height, reach and power. DC is a natural middleweight.
    DC is the man...takes on all fighters HW and LHW (unlike the scared Jones). DC is a natural HW who fought many times in HW, till he dropped to LHW. Better athlete is DC and power I would same same. Stipe had 4 full rounds of dead weight and could not finish Francis, that tells me something for future fights.
    She acts like everythings normal, while in her mind, she's already gone.

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by New York Knight View Post
    You are another reason I don't post over here anymore ... Clown Show
    You are the clown show. I post reasons and all you got is "clown show" Who needs people like you with no substance to post here anyway. I gave my opinion. You sound like idiot liberals who call people names when they disagree and can't give actual reasons

Don't care what Cormiers weight is. He IS NOT a natural heavyweight . Even he says so. I like him. Pound for pound one of the best. I'm not saying he can't win. He is that good. I just don't see it. Put it this way. If they fought 100 times Miocic wins more than he loses.

RX Local
    Quote Originally Posted by ANOTHERDAY? View Post
    DC is the man...takes on all fighters HW and LHW (unlike the scared Jones). DC is a natural HW who fought many times in HW, till he dropped to LHW. Better athlete is DC and power I would same same. Stipe had 4 full rounds of dead weight and could not finish Francis, that tells me something for future fights.
    DC doesn't have close to the power Stipe does, what are you babbling about?

Stipe has KO victories over some of the best heavyweights in the world, I couldn't even recall DC KOing anyone in the top 10 ever. It just wouldn't happen.

DC's edge in this fight is not standing, he is gonna have to take Stipe down.

Here we go again,a bunch of jibberish. Babble on...

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan1283 View Post

Stipe has KO victories over some of the best heavyweights in the world, I couldn't even recall DC KOing anyone in the top 10 ever. It just wouldn't happen.

Yep yep...

RX Local
    MM are you betting anything tonight.

Jacare has moved from -165 to -110 in the matter of days.

MM are you betting anything tonight.

Jacare has moved from -165 to -110 in the matter of days.
    I’m on Brunson. I think he stays composed,is quick enough to elude Jacare,and catches him coming in for the KO finish. I’m pretty confident in this outcome,but am keeping my wagers on the light side...

He beat fighters who are at their end of the road, so nothing special..
    Hunt, AA, Reem, JDS, and Fab

He beat fighters who are at their end of the road, so nothing special..
    Hunt, AA, Reem, JDS, and Fab
    Funny...He’s older than JDS,and within a few years of the others. Stipe is older for a fighter as well. As always,your substance and reasoning is rather lacking,but carry on though...

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMatt View Post
    Funny...He’s older than JDS,and within a few years of the others. Stipe is older for a fighter as well. As always,your substance and reasoning is rather lacking,but carry on though...
    Those guys I mentioned had their bodies beaten over the years and they have been in many wars. My substance is not lacking my friend

Quote Originally Posted by exploited17 View Post
    You are the clown show. I post reasons and all you got is "clown show" Who needs people like you with no substance to post here anyway. I gave my opinion. You sound like idiot liberals who call people names when they disagree and can't give actual reasons

Don't care what Cormiers weight is. He IS NOT a natural heavyweight . Even he says so. I like him. Pound for pound one of the best. I'm not saying he can't win. He is that good. I just don't see it. Put it this way. If they fought 100 times Miocic wins more than he loses.

You saying DC is a natural middlewight because of his length is all i needed to hear. Absolutely Clueless as always

No substance huh? Try flipping through a few pages down here, I know a lot more about this sport than you ever will.

Keep trying your hardest to fit in down here, its cute ..... and embarrassing

RX Senior
    You saying DC is a natural middlewight because of his length is all i needed to hear. Absolutely Clueless as always

No substance huh? Try flipping through a few pages down here, I know a lot more about this sport than you ever will.

Keep trying your hardest to fit in down here, its cute ..... and embarrassing
    It is about all around size. You are clueless. He said it himself. And I have more martial arts experience that you can even imagine. Have a nice one, bud

RX Wizard
    This will be an interesting fight. How is Stipe on the ground? Never really seen him in action on the ground.

I don't see how DC does any damage to Stipe standing up. If they were not to go on the ground at all, I'd be heavy on Stipe for the win.

I'm usually wrong in MMA, but I'd imagine a DC vs. Ngannou fight would be way more interesting.

Georgia .. 5 billion BBQ places , one good pizza place in the entire state
    Opening #'s

Miocic -185

Cormier +150

It should be Bones Jones Vs Miocic .. that would be the mega fight of all times, Jones beat the shit out of DC twice and Jones has the frame to be fucking true HW. The winner of that fight should fight Cain and then we would know who was the best off all times, There is no one in the top 10 rankings other then Miocic who could beat Jones.