Brooklynworm's super bowl philadelphia eagles versus new england patriots

Search
Tokens
PHILADELPHIA (48.0) @ NEW ENGLAND (-4 ½)

Before I get started, let’s review the 2017 – 2018 regular, and playoff season. Against The Spread in 2017, I won 65 % of the entire NFL schedule of games. In the playoffs I went 6-1-1 against the spread, and 7-1-0 straight up. As you know, if you follow my weekly football analysis, I do not feed from outside sources, to formulate my predictions. I attempt to investigate, and explore trends not mentioned by the Media. Last year, my analysis for the Super Bowl was right on. In 2018, I plan to do the same again this Super Bowl. So I suggest you closely follow what I am about to say, before you make any wagers.

During the regular season, teams go through their daily routines, habits, and comfort zones. However, comes Super Bowl, those creature of habit rituals, completely come to a halt. The Super Bowl, is a different animal. It’s a two week lay over, in a foreign city, bombarded with media, and distractions. This Worldwide attention, presents a problem with those players, or teams, in game in their game preparation. There are 26 New England Patriot players returning to the Super Bowl (with back to back appearances), and Philadelphia, only has six players returning. Tom Brady’s appearance alone, with eight Super Bowls, has that edge of experience on the road, and will be ready. Comparing Brady to his counterpart, Nick Foles, was quoted during the week, that he was “entering uncharted waters”. Meaning, with no experience in the biggest game of his life, and he lacks the confidence, to know what to expect. Now let’s go over some trends. New England is 15-0 versus a Super Bowl teams, that they never faced in the regular season. New England in its last 11 games played inside a dome. Is 11-0 (2012 to 2017). Brady is 13 -6 in domes, and the Patriots scored an average of 33 points during that stretch, and allowed on 20 points on defense. Philadelphia, in its last 15 games played in dome stadiums is 6 wins, and 9 losses. The Eagles averaged about 28 points per game on offense, and surrendered 27 points on defense. As for the keys of the game. Philadelphia, luckily caught a Minnesota Viking team, napping, and didn’t show up in the NFC Championship game. The Minnesota tenacious defense that we knew, came out flat, and unprepared. They missed key tackles. And their secondary blew many coverages. You better believe that Bill Belichick, will address his team about this, and will have his troops ready. Patriot experience, and preparation, are the keys to a Patriot victory. Like the saying goes, “been there, done that”. Offensively, Philadelphia has a solid offensive line, and the Pats have no pass rush. Didn’t we hear that all season? The Patriots have no pass rush, however, went 13-3, and are in the Super Bowl. Obviously, the brilliant Bill Belichick, will scheme up a game plan, to take their opponents best players. I expect that TE Ertz, will be a Patriot defensive priority. The other Philadelphia receivers, aren’t as talented as other receivers, which New England has already faced. If the Eagles plan to attack the Pats running the football, they will be met by Defensive lineman Alan Branch. Branch, hasn’t played in weeks, due to an injury. One would expect that he had plenty of time to heal, and will be activated to play. This is a key. Philadelphia has two solid running backs in Ajayi, and Blount. Branch in the lineup, allows the Pats to play the basic seven defenders on the line of scrimmage. However, without Branch, the Pats will be forced to play eight men in the box, to stop the run. Playing 8 men in the box, will only compromise, the New England secondary. If the Pats can make the Eagles, less effective running the football, this will place all the pressure on Nick Foles shoulders. Let me point out how important this is for a Patriot victory. I looked at the last two regular season games, and the playoff game against Atlanta. Foles struggled against Oakland, Dallas, and Atlanta. He had trouble reading defenses, and passing the football. The Minnesota game, was a gift. Minnesota’s huge upset over New Orleans, left them flat, and their entire defense letdown. Foles, and the Eagles may have put numbers in the Championship game, but the results are deceiving. As for the Patriot offense. New England has many gifted weapons, which are not one dimensional. Their receivers, running backs, and Tight Ends can catch, block, and run with the football. Philadelphia, has had trouble in the regular season, covering Tight Ends. Gronkowski should play after he is cleared from concussion protocol, and will present a problem for the Eagle defense. Philadelphia’s front four, are outstanding, and will try to rush Brady with only those four linemen. Brady, will counter with the typical Patriot offense in the first quarter. Brady, will throw shorts passes, and screens, and spread the ball all over the field, with a combination of runs. Belichick, will evaluate the Eagle defensive schemes, and attacks on Brady, and will come out with a game plan, after halftime. This point I am about to make, may appear funny to you. It’s called “intangibles”. For those inexperienced Eagle players that are attending their first Super Bowl, the nerves, and adrenaline are pumping. This will lead to their fatigue by the fourth quarter, and their energy will be spent. Like I mentioned, at least 26 Patriot players have their emotions in check, and know what to expect. On Thursday, the line was New England -4 ½ this is a tough number to call, and I think Vegas called the spread right. The earliest line set in this game was over two weeks ago, indicating that the Patriots should be favorite by -6 points. Of course the betting trend, pounced on that line and played the dog, and brought the number down to 4 ½ . The line at 4 ½ is on the fence, however, like the saying goes…”You have to dance, with the one that brought you “. PREDICTED SCORE: NEW ENGLAND 30 PHILADELPHIA 24. Take New England -4 ½, and play the over the total, 48.0.

my clock is stuck on 420 time to hit this bong
Tokens
Great write, tremendous season , job well done good luck

Tokens
I missed your game write-ups for much of the season Worm but love your talent. I can only imagine how much time it took to cap and write up each game.

I'm starting to look at the Alternative Lines today. There is some huge plus money lines available for NE backers if they want to lay -7.5 -10.5 or -14.5. I know Philly is capable of a backdoor cover against big lines but you could offset this by a prop bet of 'Philly score last' if you want. NE is capable of a blowout against a team that CANNOT be prepared for this game.

For years I have heard interviews with first-time Super Bowl players who later state they were completely unprepared for how nervous they were for the big game (as you said). NE is perhaps the most experienced playoff team and coaching staff in NFL history.

In Tom we trust.

See ya next year.

Thankyou)(&

Tokens
VITUPERATE: That was a wonderful post, and thank you for your kind words. For over 20 years, I have handicapped NFL football. As a follower, you know that I predict, and handicap all NFL games throughout the season, and playoffs. I am a one man operation, and it is difficult at times , to give my full reviews. There isn't enough hours in a day to do so, and I don't like giving out bad information, or bad betting advise. I agree that a team without experience, playing a game of this magnitude, has the potential to be blown out. However, The Patriots Superbowl history, with Belichick and Brady, never really blew anyone they played. Mostly 3 to 4 point differences, either way. I looked up opposing QB's versus the Patriots since 2002. Brady face off against excellent counterparts, with names like Ryan, Wilson, Eli Manning , Mc Nabb... However, back in 2004, they faced Carolina's QB Delhomme, that started the Panther season as a backup, and not in the elite class of QB's. With all that said, Patriots managed to win 32-29. So, bottom line, I will not go as far to say, this game will be a blowout. Good Luck to you, and have a great Super bowl. BROOKLYNWORM.

Tokens
Well done, I always appreciate that you often provide very detailed write ups to justify your selection... those that never do, I have to wonder about them!
GL!

Tokens
Pats all day for me as well buddy... good luck to us...

Handicapper
Tokens
BROOKLYNWORM you have always been a class act, I have been reading you write up for longer then most people have been on this board, and we have lost too many good handy cappers; I'm thankful you are still around.

You didn't say much about Fletcher Cox, I think his performance could be a game changer. I did put down a large bet on the pats to win the SB before the Jax game so I'm Hedging with a teaser Philly + 12 1/2 and over 41.

Tokens
Thank You smartmoneyfollower: I didn't forget about you're guy, Fletcher Cox. I just didn't mention him individually. Here is my quote, from my analysis...."Philadelphia’s front four, are outstanding, and will try to rush Brady with only those four linemen. Brady, will counter with the typical Patriot offense in the first quarter. Brady, will throw shorts passes, and screens, and spread the ball all over the field, with a combination of runs. Belichick, will evaluate the Eagle defensive schemes, and attacks on Brady, and will come out with a game plan, after halftime". Knowing a Belichick team, he knows Fletcher Cox's presence on the field. What he will do is is evaluate Philadelphia's front four, and and strengths by halftime. Belichick , will make adjustments, and make any changes to neutralize the Eagles on the fly. This is what Belichick does, every game that the Pats play. Change game plans in mid stream, and alter his attack with his team's versatility. Why do you think the Pats don't score often in the first quarter?. They feel out their opponent by running a series of plays, like, screens, reverses, etc., to see how the Eagle defense will react, and find their weakness. I do like your wager , and I wish you the best of luck.

Tokens
If you are going to wager on the Super Bowl Square game, at you’re office, or at your local drinking hole, here’s some advice.
Here are the most frequent Super Bowl scores from all Super Bowls. The number below isn’t the total score, it’s a final score of one of those 102 teams that participated

The best chance of winning is playing the numbers below. However, although these numbers have the best chance to win, their winning percentage is only 34%.
#7 five times
#10 seven times
#17 five times
#21 seven times
#24 seven times
#31 six times
The rest of the 67 scores all fall below a 30 % chance.

Tokens
thx for info, but the 2 point conversion changes things some.

Tokens
Sandejo

Before I get started, let’s review the 2017 – 2018 regular, and playoff season. Against The Spread in 2017, I won 65 % of the entire NFL schedule of games. In the playoffs I went 6-1-1 against the spread, and 7-1-0 straight up. As you know, if you follow my weekly football analysis, I do not feed from outside sources, to formulate my predictions. I attempt to investigate, and explore trends not mentioned by the Media. Last year, my analysis for the Super Bowl was right on. In 2018, I plan to do the same again this Super Bowl. So I suggest you closely follow what I am about to say, before you make any wagers.

During the regular season, teams go through their daily routines, habits, and comfort zones. However, comes Super Bowl, those creature of habit rituals, completely come to a halt. The Super Bowl, is a different animal. It’s a two week lay over, in a foreign city, bombarded with media, and distractions. This Worldwide attention, presents a problem with those players, or teams, in game in their game preparation. There are 26 New England Patriot players returning to the Super Bowl (with back to back appearances), and Philadelphia, only has six players returning. Tom Brady’s appearance alone, with eight Super Bowls, has that edge of experience on the road, and will be ready. Comparing Brady to his counterpart, Nick Foles, was quoted during the week, that he was “entering uncharted waters”. Meaning, with no experience in the biggest game of his life, and he lacks the confidence, to know what to expect. Now let’s go over some trends. New England is 15-0 versus a Super Bowl teams, that they never faced in the regular season. New England in its last 11 games played inside a dome. Is 11-0 (2012 to 2017). Brady is 13 -6 in domes, and the Patriots scored an average of 33 points during that stretch, and allowed on 20 points on defense. Philadelphia, in its last 15 games played in dome stadiums is 6 wins, and 9 losses. The Eagles averaged about 28 points per game on offense, and surrendered 27 points on defense. As for the keys of the game. Philadelphia, luckily caught a Minnesota Viking team, napping, and didn’t show up in the NFC Championship game. The Minnesota tenacious defense that we knew, came out flat, and unprepared. They missed key tackles. And their secondary blew many coverages. You better believe that Bill Belichick, will address his team about this, and will have his troops ready. Patriot experience, and preparation, are the keys to a Patriot victory. Like the saying goes, “been there, done that”. Offensively, Philadelphia has a solid offensive line, and the Pats have no pass rush. Didn’t we hear that all season? The Patriots have no pass rush, however, went 13-3, and are in the Super Bowl. Obviously, the brilliant Bill Belichick, will scheme up a game plan, to take their opponents best players. I expect that TE Ertz, will be a Patriot defensive priority. The other Philadelphia receivers, aren’t as talented as other receivers, which New England has already faced. If the Eagles plan to attack the Pats running the football, they will be met by Defensive lineman Alan Branch. Branch, hasn’t played in weeks, due to an injury. One would expect that he had plenty of time to heal, and will be activated to play. This is a key. Philadelphia has two solid running backs in Ajayi, and Blount. Branch in the lineup, allows the Pats to play the basic seven defenders on the line of scrimmage. However, without Branch, the Pats will be forced to play eight men in the box, to stop the run. Playing 8 men in the box, will only compromise, the New England secondary. If the Pats can make the Eagles, less effective running the football, this will place all the pressure on Nick Foles shoulders. Let me point out how important this is for a Patriot victory. I looked at the last two regular season games, and the playoff game against Atlanta. Foles struggled against Oakland, Dallas, and Atlanta. He had trouble reading defenses, and passing the football. The Minnesota game, was a gift. Minnesota’s huge upset over New Orleans, left them flat, and their entire defense letdown. Foles, and the Eagles may have put numbers in the Championship game, but the results are deceiving. As for the Patriot offense. New England has many gifted weapons, which are not one dimensional. Their receivers, running backs, and Tight Ends can catch, block, and run with the football. Philadelphia, has had trouble in the regular season, covering Tight Ends. Gronkowski should play after he is cleared from concussion protocol, and will present a problem for the Eagle defense. Philadelphia’s front four, are outstanding, and will try to rush Brady with only those four linemen. Brady, will counter with the typical Patriot offense in the first quarter. Brady, will throw shorts passes, and screens, and spread the ball all over the field, with a combination of runs. Belichick, will evaluate the Eagle defensive schemes, and attacks on Brady, and will come out with a game plan, after halftime. This point I am about to make, may appear funny to you. It’s called “intangibles”. For those inexperienced Eagle players that are attending their first Super Bowl, the nerves, and adrenaline are pumping. This will lead to their fatigue by the fourth quarter, and their energy will be spent. Like I mentioned, at least 26 Patriot players have their emotions in check, and know what to expect. On Thursday, the line was New England -4 ½ this is a tough number to call, and I think Vegas called the spread right. The earliest line set in this game was over two weeks ago, indicating that the Patriots should be favorite by -6 points. Of course the betting trend, pounced on that line and played the dog, and brought the number down to 4 ½ . The line at 4 ½ is on the fence, however, like the saying goes…”You have to dance, with the one that brought you “. PREDICTED SCORE: NEW ENGLAND 30 PHILADELPHIA 24. Take New England -4 ½, and play the over the total, 48.0.
Hi everybody I don't post much but I wanted to point something out. Folks had 352 yards passing on Minnesota right? But I think that's all smoke and mirrors. Because when sandejo lefted the game with his concussion injure he had in the previous game against new orleans. He was struggling the first 2 drive. That's when folks went off. The game against New Orleans Minnesota was pounding Brees in the first 2 quarter. When sandejo sustained his concussion and lefted the game. That's when New Orleans came all the way back. So with that said, I think if sandejo played, Philadelphia wouldn't have won that game that easily. Now Philadelphia has to play against a defense that is fully healthy and create havoc on foles. I don't think he'll be able to figure out New England defensive schemes. Causing him to be confused and stuggle all game. Take New England in maybe a run away.

Tokens
OKolepuka: I read your input, that you added to my thread. Most of the time I frown against anyone adding to my thoughts, with misinformation. However, After reading you're comments, they were sound, and informative as to the Minnesota defense, and the Sandejo concussion.

Tokens
OKolepuka: I read your input, that you added to my thread. Most of the time I frown against anyone adding to my thoughts, with misinformation. However, After reading you're comments, they were sound, and informative as to the Minnesota defense, and the Sandejo concussion.
Thank you sir for your positive reply. I just thought I wanted to add something about Foles. Because no one is bring that part out about why he had such a remarkable day against a stout defense like Minnesota.
i just want to say I always enjoy reading your post every Sunday. Please keep doing what you do.
thank you.

Tokens
Gents, Just seeking clarification here. I know Sendejo played in the Philly game -as he logged 4 tackles-albeit he prolly thought Bill Clinton was still President. I am trying to detemine how many minutes or more precisely-how many defensive snaps-he took in that NFC Conference Championship game. That kind of info is hard to find.

Solid write-up BROOKLYN...though as much as I hate to be on the other side of you I am going 28-24 PHI. (I fully expect them to cover 6 and 7 which I got early with a buy-up to 7 at one book.)

ENJOY THE GAME, FESTIVITIES AND JT 1/2 SHOW...BE SAFE WHEREVER YOU ARE FELLOW DEGENS!!:toast:

Tokens
xfireject: Thank You, and good luck to you. May the best team win.I have known you a while now, and always given me you're approval.

Tokens
Brooklyn...one game defines no 'capper and I just want to come in here one last time for this season and congratulate you for your awesome input on a weeky basis and a stellar season of handicapping!!!

MAJOR PROPS!!:toast:

Tokens
Have a nice off season BW... see you in the fall...well done this past season!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
byen17188
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com