Forum: Boxing, UFC, Mixed Martial Arts Forum - Picks, discussion and fighter analysis. This is TheRx's official fighting and combat forum.

Thread: Most exciting fight of year so far (Rockhold/Romero)...

1. #1 Most exciting fight of year so far (Rockhold/Romero)... 
    RX SemiGod
    What a great matchup. Romero is a muscular beat and great wrestler. Rockhold is an absolute beast on the ground.

Does anybody want to see these guys got to the ground and see war on the ground? I usually prefer to see two fighters bash each other standing, but this should be great.

Maybe Romero gas tank getting down to zero in a later round and then Rockhold putting a nasty choke out on Romero..

Whatcha think?

RX Senior
    Romero catches Rockhold with something on the feet. Rockhold stands tall and leaves his chin out there. Romero is explosive. He will catch him.

Georgia .. 5 billion BBQ places , one good pizza place in the entire state
    I have been watching the line movement of this fight closely, robert whittaker may have laid down the blue print to beat Romero.

RX Local
    I like Rockhold, said that in the other thread in replying to smartmoney about upcoming fights. Got him at +110, now -145.

If Nate is serious about facing Edgar at 222 then I feel like I'd probably like Edgar in that match.

RX SemiGod
    Really excited about this fight.

Don't usually get excited about the ground game, but some fights it's awesome. Really hope they go to the ground for a lot of this.

Thought I saw Rockhold's chin wobble when Branch was coming forward at about 70% pace.... like when Bisping made Rockhold wobble and crumble. But I don't really see Romero hitting Rockhold's dome.

I think we're getting at least 3 rounds in this one so fans should get their money's worth. O/c, usually wrong with UFC, but love the over 1.5 (-230) here easy.

Georgia .. 5 billion BBQ places , one good pizza place in the entire state
    I saw Rockhold dominate Branch and Branch went 3 rounds with Rumble.

RX SemiGod
    True, Rock totally dominated Branch. I'm just referrring to that one 5 second segment in the 1st round (?) where he went on the aggressive and Rock was retreating and he took shots to the jaw... he wobbled, if even momentarily. O/c, Rock kicked his ass. I'm just talking about vulnerability.

With regards to Rumble... I see what you're saying but I've been killed by MMA math (MMA logic) in the past and it just doesn't work out. It's one of the weirdest sports in that regard b/c MMA math is really inconsistent.

RX Local
    Rockhold just gets hit way too much.

Not sure what UFC does now since Romero missed weight.

RX SemiGod
    Ha ha. I was wrong as usual. I mean, I knew the over was good... but I thought Rock would take it. You're right. He just leaves himself open too much.

I think the division is almost like trash now. It's in disarray. Everybody is beating everybody. Like you could just shuffle 1 thru 7 and pretty much anybody is going to win a different night. Also, Rock's cockiness game .... how can he run that game every fight in the future? Guy is getting dropped like a bag of bricks...

Man, tough division.

RX Local
    Even before he got KO'd, he was just backing up in a straight line every single time Romero had a flurry. The Bisping KO was no fluke, even vs Branch he got hit a ton.

Romero likely wasn't close to 100% for this fight and Rockhold still looked like shit.

RX Local
    That fight lacked substance for me.

RX SemiGod
    Man, I really want to see Gastelum against the top guys. I don't think Gastelum would've thought he could beat Rockhold in the past, but I think he's got a good shot. His strikes are pinpoint... and Rock could offer his head up like a baseball.

Think Romero would crush Bisping.... -500 lock type stuff

RX Local
    Whittaker being hurt not that big of a deal since no one really deserves a title shot at this point. Rockhold was the guy but he's looked bad 3 straight fights now.

Let 3-4 of these guys fight each other. Let Weidman/Rockhold rematch and Jacare/Yoel rematch as their 1st fight was good but a 3 rd split decision.

Don't really see Gastelum competing in this division, just too small but I know you are his #1 fan so maybe anything is possible.

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by exploited17 View Post
    Romero catches Rockhold with something on the feet. Rockhold stands tall and leaves his chin out there. Romero is explosive. He will catch him.
    Yep

RX SemiGod
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan1283 View Post
    Whittaker being hurt not that big of a deal since no one really deserves a title shot at this point. Rockhold was the guy but he's looked bad 3 straight fights now.

Let 3-4 of these guys fight each other. Let Weidman/Rockhold rematch and Jacare/Yoel rematch as their 1st fight was good but a 3 rd split decision.

Don't really see Gastelum competing in this division, just too small but I know you are his #1 fan so maybe anything is possible.

I used to think like that about Gastelum, but you have to appreciate reality. I thought he couldn't do it or compete, but he has proved himself.
    I'm not a fanboy, I just appreciate the great work he has done.

He schooled Kennedy in the end, he vaporized Belfort and he killed Bisping. He only lost to That'sMyBoy because of the size difference on the ground.

He deserves to go against a #2 or #3 guy. Only time will tell, but I'm not doubting him. He does a great job and has earned respect for this division.