Forum: Political Forum - Spirited Political comedy. All serious political and World Event posting is also to be posted in this forum.

Thread: Stop me if you've heard this before: A second White House aide resigns over domestic abuse allegations

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
  1. #1 Stop me if you've heard this before: A second White House aide resigns over domestic abuse allegations 
    RX Wizard
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    bronx, ny
    Posts
    8,774
    This is unbelievable, how many administrations have had even ONE staffer quit beause he's a wife beater, let alone TWO?

    https://www.vox.com/2018/2/9/1699789...domestic-abuse
    A second White House aide resigns over domestic abuse allegations

    Speechwriter David Sorensen is stepping down as the Rob Porter fallout is just beginning.

    By Jen Kirbyjen.kirby@vox.com Feb 9, 2018, 8:35pm EST


    Another Trump administration official is resigning amid accusations of domestic abuse, just days after White House staff secretary Rob Porter stepped down after he faced similar allegations. The Washington Post’s Elise Viebeck reports that David Sorensen, a speechwriter, is resigning. His ex-wife, Jessica Corbett, has accused Sorensen of physical and emotional abuse in their two-and-a-half-year marriage. The couple divorced in September.
    Sorensen denied the allegations to the Post, saying that he was the victim and that he resigned because he didn’t want the allegations to be a “distraction.” The Post was working on the story when he resigned.
    The White House “should be able to focus on continuing President Trump’s historic accomplishments for the American People,” he texted to the Post.
    The Trump administration told the Post it learned of the allegations Thursday night. “We immediately confronted the staffer, he denied the allegations and he resigned today,” White House spokesperson Raj Shah said in a statement to the Post.
    Corbett told the Post that Sorensen had run over her foot with a car, put out a cigarette on her hand, and had thrown her into a wall. The Post reviewed text messages and spoke with people close to Corbett who verified that she had discussed the incidents in her marriage at the time to them.
    Corbett said she did not report the alleged abuse to law enforcement at the time because she feared retaliation, but she did say she told the FBI about the alleged incidents last month as the bureau conducted a background check on him. Sorensen’s job does not require a security clearance.

    Sorensen, 32, formerly served as an adviser to Republican Gov. Paul LePage of Maine, and worked as a Republican politician in the state before that. Corbett also worked in Republican politics.
    A spokeswoman for Le Page told the Post in a statement that the governor and his staff were unaware of any accusations against Sorensen, and the governor “has a zero-tolerance policy regarding domestic abuse.”
    Sorensen went further than deny the incidents. He told the Post that Corbett was abusive toward him. The car incident, he said, happened after he tried to flee after an encounter, and Corbett had injured herself in the process. He told the Post that “this incident is an opportunity to highlight the grossly underreported and unacknowledged issue of female-on-male domestic violence.”
    Sorensen’s departure comes after the White House is still reeling from the fallout of abuse allegations against Rob Porter, the former White House staff secretary. The FBI was reportedly aware of the abuse allegations against Porter, which turned up during a background check for security clearance. It was reported that White House officials also knew of the allegations against Porter before he officially stepped down on Wednesday.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    RX Deplorable
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    20,415
    Stop me if you've heard this before: Ben Carson loses brain surgeon license!

    Progressivism is the bastard child of Marxism
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    RX Local Greenbacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    84,512
    Stop me if you've heard this before: Ben Carson loses brain surgeon license!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    RX Local Greenbacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    84,512
    Obama beats his wife at least once a week.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    RX Deplorable
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    20,415
    I wonder how often Erv the perv beats his wife whenever she withholds his allowance?

    Progressivism is the bastard child of Marxism
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    RX Wizard
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    bronx, ny
    Posts
    8,774
    Lol, feeble comebacks, bitches, especially from Sheriff Jagoff, who will NEVER live down seriously contending that racist pedophile Moore prosecuted KKK murderers, as a teenager, no less. None of your lame ass retorts changes the fact that this Administration has had as many wife beaters get canned in TWO DAYS as, I suspect, all other administrations in the 200 plus year history of the country. Y'all can collectively suck swollen moose cock, bitches.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    RX Local
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Coast
    Posts
    15,074
    Do you think he threatened her with an acid covered dildo?

    Go fk yourself weirdo.
    OMG DuhhhhhFFFFIIIIINNNNNCCCCCHHHHHHH!!!!!!
    YOU ARE A TOTAL LOSER ! ! ! ! LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    RX Wizard
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    bronx, ny
    Posts
    8,774
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    Do you think he threatened her with an acid covered dildo?

    Go fk yourself weirdo.
    STFU, Blubber Belly. Isn't about time for your tranny wife to don the 'ole strap-on to replace what she discarded and drive up your fat ass?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    RX Local
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Coast
    Posts
    15,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Dafinch View Post
    STFU, Blubber Belly. Isn't about time for your tranny wife to don the 'ole strap-on to replace what she discarded and drive up your fat ass?
    Total weirdo. Go abuse your kids or something
    OMG DuhhhhhFFFFIIIIINNNNNCCCCCHHHHHHH!!!!!!
    YOU ARE A TOTAL LOSER ! ! ! ! LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    RX Local Greenbacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    84,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Dafinch View Post
    STFU, Blubber Belly. Isn't about time for your tranny wife to don the 'ole strap-on to replace what she discarded and drive up your fat ass?
    Everyday you talk about strap ons & putting shit up your ass.

    Super duper weirdo

    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #11  
    RX Local Greenbacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    84,512
    You're a sick individual
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #12  
    RX Wizard
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    bronx, ny
    Posts
    8,774
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    Total weirdo. Go abuse your kids or something
    Stop projecting, scumbag. Make sure you don't chuck one of your brats off of your "yacht." ass?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #13  
    RX Wizard
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    bronx, ny
    Posts
    8,774
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbacks View Post
    You're a sick individual
    What's the matter, Mongoloid, your poor little dinosaur brain can only fart out one thought at a time, hence the 2 posts made right together? You got a lotta balls talking about somebody being sick, seeing as how you've got 77,000 brain dead posts in about a decade, many of them simply copying and pasting other people's posts without explanation, fucking moron. But, I see you and other big talking-but-cowardly scumbags(Gas Bag, NFL Turds, Mountain 'o Shit) are crazy enough to engage in a bet on who is president come 1/20/21. Suck cock, gutless whack job.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #14  
    RX Wizard NFLTrends's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    8,737
    AMAZINGLY not 1 post from Dafinch about this one

    ICE chief of staff resigns amid discrimination allegations
    https://www.cnn.com/2012/09/01/us/dh...uit/index.html

    The chief of staff to the director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement resigned Saturday amid allegations that she helped create a culture of sexual discrimination against men.
    Suzanne Barr, chief of staff for ICE Director John Morton, voluntarily stepped down last month and had been on paid leave.
    In a letter to Morton, obtained by CNN, Barr called the allegations "unfounded and without any merit" and said she was confident her reputation would be restored.
    "In recent weeks, I have been the focus of unfounded allegations designed to destroy my reputation, but of greater concern however, is the threat these allegations represent to the reputation of this agency and the men and women who proudly serve their country by advancing ICE's mission," she wrote.
    "As such, I feel it is incumbent upon me to take every step necessary to prevent further harm to the agency and to prevent this from further distracting from our critical work."
    ICE spokesman Brian Hale said Morton has received Barr's resignation.
    "We wish her the best of luck in her future endeavors," he said.
    The move comes on the heels of a job discrimination lawsuit filed by the head of the ICE office in New York against the Department of Homeland Security and DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano.
    In the suit, New York ICE chief James Hayes claims he was passed over for promotions in favor of less-qualified women, some of whom used to work for Napolitano when she was governor of Arizona. As part of his lawsuit, Hayes cites behavior by Barr in an attempt to prove an alleged culture of sexual discrimination against men, according to Hayes' lawyer, Morris Fischer of Maryland.
    Hayes said Barr "created a frat house-type atmosphere that is targeted to humiliate and intimidate male employees."
    When the lawsuit was filed, ICE spokesman Hale said the allegations were under review and that Barr had voluntarily placed herself on leave pending the outcome of the investigation.
    That review is ongoing, according to a federal official who spoke on the condition of anonymity.
    "We are obviously very pleased with the agency's first step in rectifying this situation by accepting Ms. Barr's resignation," said Fischer, Hayes' attorney. "Now is the time for the agency to move forward and make restitution to the individuals harmed."
    Rep. Peter King, chairman of the House Committee on Homeland Security, said Barr's resignation "raises the most serious questions about management practices and personnel policies at the Department of Homeland Security."
    The committee will continue a review of the case and the personnel practices of the DHS in general.
    In his lawsuit, Hayes blames Barr for "sexually offensive behavior." In one alleged incident, Hayes said Barr called a male employee at a hotel and screamed at him, using crude language to say she wanted to have sex with him. Hayes also said that Barr moved the office contents of three male employees into a men's bathroom at ICE headquarters in 2009.
    After his client's lawsuit was filed, Fischer said, he was contacted by other federal employees who had heard about Hayes' claim. They provided affidavits to Hayes and his lawyer alleging more sexually charged comments made by Barr, according to Fischer.
    "We've been getting calls and e-mails from all over the country from people who want to come forward with information that may be helpful on this case," the attorney told CNN.
    In an affidavit provided to CNN, another ICE employee describes a 2009 meeting in the office of ICE Director Morton, during which employees were discussing personal plans for Halloween. The male employee says he overheard Barr ask a "senior ICE employee" about the size of his genitals. "You're a sexy mother-(expletive)," she allegedly said.
    Over 17 years, Hayes rose through the ranks from Border Patrol agent to a top position at headquarters in charge of Detention and Removal Operations, overseeing a $2.5 billion budget, his lawsuit states. Hayes claims he was removed from that job because of gender discrimination.
    He is suing to recover $335,000 in moving costs and lost bonuses he says he incurred when he was transferred in 2009 to New York from Washington. His lawyer says other ICE employees have been reimbursed for similar expenses.
    Hayes' lawsuit also claims he faced retaliation after threatening to file an Equal Opportunity Claim against DHS and cites six internal investigations that were all unfounded.
    However, all but one of those investigations against him involving complaints by fellow employees were initially filed before Napolitano took office in 2008.
    In court documents, Hayes said the complaints were reviewed after he began complaining.
    DHS has filed a motion to dismiss the lawsuit and denied allegations of discrimination and retaliation. Its attorneys argued that the "unfounded allegations" made against Barr are "irrelevant" and an "attempt to embarrass or harass senior government officials."
    According to a federal official who defended ICE as an agency of "dedicated law enforcement professionals," Hayes' lawsuit is filled with "false and unsubstantiated" allegations against Barr and other DHS employees.
    The allegations "do not align with the fact that Mr. Hayes has routinely held high-ranking assignments, including his current position as head of ICE's second-largest field office in New York, the official added.
    2014 NFL 51-33-1 62.35%
    2013 NFL 61-34 64.21% Finished 6th place in the LVH Supercontest
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #15  
    RX Local Greenbacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    84,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Dafinch View Post
    This is unbelievable, how many administrations have had even ONE staffer quit beause he's a wife beater, let alone TWO?

    https://www.vox.com/2018/2/9/1699789...domestic-abuse
    A second White House aide resigns over domestic abuse allegations

    Speechwriter David Sorensen is stepping down as the Rob Porter fallout is just beginning.

    By Jen Kirbyjen.kirby@vox.com Feb 9, 2018, 8:35pm EST


    Another Trump administration official is resigning amid accusations of domestic abuse, just days after White House staff secretary Rob Porter stepped down after he faced similar allegations. The Washington Post’s Elise Viebeck reports that David Sorensen, a speechwriter, is resigning. His ex-wife, Jessica Corbett, has accused Sorensen of physical and emotional abuse in their two-and-a-half-year marriage. The couple divorced in September.
    Sorensen denied the allegations to the Post, saying that he was the victim and that he resigned because he didn’t want the allegations to be a “distraction.” The Post was working on the story when he resigned.
    The White House “should be able to focus on continuing President Trump’s historic accomplishments for the American People,” he texted to the Post.
    The Trump administration told the Post it learned of the allegations Thursday night. “We immediately confronted the staffer, he denied the allegations and he resigned today,” White House spokesperson Raj Shah said in a statement to the Post.
    Corbett told the Post that Sorensen had run over her foot with a car, put out a cigarette on her hand, and had thrown her into a wall. The Post reviewed text messages and spoke with people close to Corbett who verified that she had discussed the incidents in her marriage at the time to them.
    Corbett said she did not report the alleged abuse to law enforcement at the time because she feared retaliation, but she did say she told the FBI about the alleged incidents last month as the bureau conducted a background check on him. Sorensen’s job does not require a security clearance.

    Sorensen, 32, formerly served as an adviser to Republican Gov. Paul LePage of Maine, and worked as a Republican politician in the state before that. Corbett also worked in Republican politics.
    A spokeswoman for Le Page told the Post in a statement that the governor and his staff were unaware of any accusations against Sorensen, and the governor “has a zero-tolerance policy regarding domestic abuse.”
    Sorensen went further than deny the incidents. He told the Post that Corbett was abusive toward him. The car incident, he said, happened after he tried to flee after an encounter, and Corbett had injured herself in the process. He told the Post that “this incident is an opportunity to highlight the grossly underreported and unacknowledged issue of female-on-male domestic violence.”
    Sorensen’s departure comes after the White House is still reeling from the fallout of abuse allegations against Rob Porter, the former White House staff secretary. The FBI was reportedly aware of the abuse allegations against Porter, which turned up during a background check for security clearance. It was reported that White House officials also knew of the allegations against Porter before he officially stepped down on Wednesday.
    What's the matter, Mongoloid, your poor little dinosaur brain can only fart out one thought at a time, hence the 2 posts made right together? You got a lotta balls talking about somebody being sick, seeing as how you've got 77,000 brain dead posts in about a decade, many of them simply copying and pasting other people's posts without explanation, fucking moron. But, I see you and other big talking-but-cowardly scumbags(Gas Bag, NFL Turds, Mountain 'o Shit) are crazy enough to engage in a bet on who is president come 1/20/21. Suck cock, gutless whack job.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #16  
    RX Local
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Coast
    Posts
    15,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbacks View Post
    What's the matter, Mongoloid, your poor little dinosaur brain can only fart out one thought at a time, hence the 2 posts made right together? You got a lotta balls talking about somebody being sick, seeing as how you've got 77,000 brain dead posts in about a decade, many of them simply copying and pasting other people's posts without explanation, fucking moron. But, I see you and other big talking-but-cowardly scumbags(Gas Bag, NFL Turds, Mountain 'o Shit) are crazy enough to engage in a bet on who is president come 1/20/21. Suck cock, gutless whack job.
    Lol...resident weirdo owned once again.

    Goodnight.

    Go fk yourself weirdo
    OMG DuhhhhhFFFFIIIIINNNNNCCCCCHHHHHHH!!!!!!
    YOU ARE A TOTAL LOSER ! ! ! ! LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #17  
    RX Wizard
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    bronx, ny
    Posts
    8,774
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    Lol...resident weirdo owned once again.

    Goodnight.

    Go fk yourself weirdo
    Right back at ya, big bellied, jelly bellied, needle dick scum.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #18  
    RX Local Greenbacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    84,512
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #19  
    RX Local Greenbacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    84,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    Lol...resident weirdo owned once again.

    Goodnight.

    Go fk yourself weirdo
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #20  
    RX Local Greenbacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    84,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Dafinch View Post
    This is unbelievable, how many administrations have had even ONE staffer quit beause he's a wife beater, let alone TWO?

    https://www.vox.com/2018/2/9/1699789...domestic-abuse
    A second White House aide resigns over domestic abuse allegations

    Speechwriter David Sorensen is stepping down as the Rob Porter fallout is just beginning.

    By Jen Kirbyjen.kirby@vox.com Feb 9, 2018, 8:35pm EST


    Another Trump administration official is resigning amid accusations of domestic abuse, just days after White House staff secretary Rob Porter stepped down after he faced similar allegations. The Washington Post’s Elise Viebeck reports that David Sorensen, a speechwriter, is resigning. His ex-wife, Jessica Corbett, has accused Sorensen of physical and emotional abuse in their two-and-a-half-year marriage. The couple divorced in September.
    Sorensen denied the allegations to the Post, saying that he was the victim and that he resigned because he didn’t want the allegations to be a “distraction.” The Post was working on the story when he resigned.
    The White House “should be able to focus on continuing President Trump’s historic accomplishments for the American People,” he texted to the Post.
    The Trump administration told the Post it learned of the allegations Thursday night. “We immediately confronted the staffer, he denied the allegations and he resigned today,” White House spokesperson Raj Shah said in a statement to the Post.
    Corbett told the Post that Sorensen had run over her foot with a car, put out a cigarette on her hand, and had thrown her into a wall. The Post reviewed text messages and spoke with people close to Corbett who verified that she had discussed the incidents in her marriage at the time to them.
    Corbett said she did not report the alleged abuse to law enforcement at the time because she feared retaliation, but she did say she told the FBI about the alleged incidents last month as the bureau conducted a background check on him. Sorensen’s job does not require a security clearance.

    Sorensen, 32, formerly served as an adviser to Republican Gov. Paul LePage of Maine, and worked as a Republican politician in the state before that. Corbett also worked in Republican politics.
    A spokeswoman for Le Page told the Post in a statement that the governor and his staff were unaware of any accusations against Sorensen, and the governor “has a zero-tolerance policy regarding domestic abuse.”
    Sorensen went further than deny the incidents. He told the Post that Corbett was abusive toward him. The car incident, he said, happened after he tried to flee after an encounter, and Corbett had injured herself in the process. He told the Post that “this incident is an opportunity to highlight the grossly underreported and unacknowledged issue of female-on-male domestic violence.”
    Sorensen’s departure comes after the White House is still reeling from the fallout of abuse allegations against Rob Porter, the former White House staff secretary. The FBI was reportedly aware of the abuse allegations against Porter, which turned up during a background check for security clearance. It was reported that White House officials also knew of the allegations against Porter before he officially stepped down on Wednesday.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #21  
    RX Local Greenbacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    84,512
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #22  
    RX Local Greenbacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    84,512
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #23  
    RX Wizard NFLTrends's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    8,737
    "Stop me if you've heard this before: A second White House aide resigns over domestic abuse allegations"

    SECOND is a one time occurrence, so how could someone have heard it before?
    2014 NFL 51-33-1 62.35%
    2013 NFL 61-34 64.21% Finished 6th place in the LVH Supercontest
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #24  
    RX Wizard
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    bronx, ny
    Posts
    8,774
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLTrends View Post
    "Stop me if you've heard this before: A second White House aide resigns over domestic abuse allegations"

    SECOND is a one time occurrence, so how could someone have heard it before?
    You fucking idiot, you made a complete fool of yourself barely 24 hours ago by lying and saying that Daily Kos didn't report something that I immediately showed they DID report, now this. Scaramucci fired preibus, then shortly thereafter, HE was fired, as in one White house aide "resigns" shortly after another did. That too tough for you figure out, you creepy little runt? What happened, no breathless updates today of my forum searches, you welching psycho?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #25  
    RX Wizard NFLTrends's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    8,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Dafinch View Post
    You fucking idiot, you made a complete fool of yourself barely 24 hours ago by lying and saying that Daily Kos didn't report something that I immediately showed they DID report, now this. Scaramucci fired preibus, then shortly thereafter, HE was fired, as in one White house aide "resigns" shortly after another did. That too tough for you figure out, you creepy little runt? What happened, no breathless updates today of my forum searches, you welching psycho?
    You stated a SECOND ... which means there isnt TWO "SECONDS".... should have been stated as "ANOTHER" instead of second... dumbass

    Or, prove me wrong... where did it happen already where "TWO" aides quit for wife beating? Otherwise its just ANOTHER... cause it didnt happen before twice
    2014 NFL 51-33-1 62.35%
    2013 NFL 61-34 64.21% Finished 6th place in the LVH Supercontest
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •