170 experts confirm what many of us already knew: Twittler it the WOAT

Search

Tokens
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...up-against-the-best-and-worst-presidents.html

[h=1]How Does Trump Stack Up Against
the Best — and Worst — Presidents?[/h] By BRANDON ROTTINGHAUS and JUSTIN S. VAUGHN FEB. 19, 2018

Where does Donald Trump rank on the list of American presidents?

We surveyed presidential politics experts to sketch out a first draft of Trump’s place in presidential history.

Since our previous survey in 2014, some presidential legacies have soared (Barack Obama’s stock has climbed into the Top 10), while others have fallen (Andrew Jackson toppled to 15, out of the Top 10).

And President Trump? Let’s say that, according to the 170 members of the American Political Science Association’s Presidents and Executive Politics section who filled out our survey, he has at least three years to improve on an ignominious debut.

[h=2]Presidential Greatness Rankings[/h]
James Buchanan, who was at the helm as the United States careened into civil war, was dislodged from his position as our nation’s worst president by our current president, Trump.

His Oval Office predecessor, Barack Obama, shot into the Top 10, up from 18th in the previous survey. Ulysses S. Grant also got a bump, up seven places from 2014, perhaps owing to a strong assist from Ron Chernow’s recent masterpiece.

The biggest declines were for Bill Clinton, arguably the result of contemporary scorn for his treatment of women, and Andrew Jackson, for evolving attitudes on his treatment of Native Americans.

Methodology: Each expert was invited to rate each president on a 0-100 scale, with 0 = failure, 50 = average, and 100 = great. Scores were then averaged for each president, with presidents then ranked in order of highest average to lowest.

[h=2]Greatness Rankings by Party[/h]
On partisan-votes lines, Democrats ranked Ronald Reagan nine places lower than Republicans, while Democrats place Obama 10 places higher.

Counting only Republican votes, William McKinley — best known for winning the Spanish-American war, for defeating William Jennings Bryan twice in contests for the White House and for being assassinated by the anarchist Leon Czolgosz — holds a spot in the Top 10.

Independents admire George H.W. Bush, ranking him higher than Obama.

Trump doesn't get much of a lift from Republican-only vote: Even in their eyes, he’s a bottom-five president.

(The graphs in the article don't copy well, read it and weep, bitches)Shush()*:hahahahah^^:)

Rx Normal
Tokens
170 experts confirm what many of us already knew: Ben Carson lost his brain surgeon license

hqdefault.jpg

Shush()*:hahahahah^^:)

Handicapper
Tokens
Yeah,let's rate a President after 1 year.

And let's use 170 Democrats to rate a Republican President.

Failing New York Times :shoot3::shoot3::shoot3::shoot3::shoot3::shoot3:

You brain dead pig hill billy fucker.....9 lawsuits you mooching off the Government no good grease ball slime bag ##)##)##)##)

Tokens
Yeah,let's rate a President after 1 year.

And let's use 170 Democrats to rate a Republican President.

Failing New York Times :shoot3::shoot3::shoot3::shoot3::shoot3::shoot3:

You brain dead pig hill billy fucker.....9 lawsuits you mooching off the Government no good grease ball slime bag ##)##)##)##)

You've made it clear that you're a fucking retard, so, this isn't fair, but, learn how to read, Goober: both parties participated, which would should have been apparent to anybody with an IQ above room temperature with such comments as:

"It wasn’t just Democratic support that would carve F.D.R. on Mt. Rushmore: All groups, including Republicans, named him as most deserving of that honor."

Handicapper
Tokens
I can read freak

Just another 1 of your fake news hatred threads

Handicapper
Tokens
A bomb will hit this thread by the end of the night.

Enjoy it while you can

Tokens
I can read freak

Just another 1 of your fake news hatred threads

If you can read, why did you claim that all 170 participants were Dems when the article clearly says that they weren't, you brain dead druggie burn out?

Handicapper
Tokens
RX Local

02-16-2018, 04:46 PM Add to this user's reputation
Quote Originally Posted by nuckers View Post
which is why america has problems. Everybody is a special snowflake that should get what they want, it's my right. Well sometimes you forfeit your right. If you are deemed a danger you shouldn't have access. Why that seems outrageous boggles the mind.
What is a "danger" in your mind?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Multi-Quote This Message Report Post

RX Local

02-16-2018, 04:46 PM Add to this user's reputation
Quote Originally Posted by Mobdeeper7239 View Post
It's the v tech shooter you buffoon
I know who he you goof. Go practice your ebonics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Multi-Quote This Message Report Post

RX Senior

02-16-2018, 04:47 PM Add to this user's reputation
Quote Originally Posted by Enfuego View Post
I don't agree. My neighbor could say I'm dangerous and I could have my gun rights taken from me? Nope. That's not how our rights work in America.
I should have clarified, that it should be an experts diagnosis. Clearly not every accusation must be taken as gospel and rights taken away but in this case, you had a psych and school board as well as tipline calls, what more do they need before saying no guns for him.

RX Senior

02-16-2018, 04:49 PM Add to this user's reputation
What is a "danger" in your mind?
risk to cause harm to others or yourself should get you into a psychiatric consultation, whereby an expert can make the call on your mental stability.

RX Local

02-16-2018, 04:52 PM Add to this user's reputation
I should have clarified, that it should be an experts diagnosis. Clearly not every accusation must be taken as gospel and rights taken away but in this case, you had a psych and school board as well as tipline calls, what more do they need before saying no guns for him.
I agree with this.

RX Senior

02-16-2018, 05:01 PM Add to this user's reputation
It may be BS, you never know with the news, but several reports said he had been in and out of mental health facilities and had been receiving treatment/medication in the past for various mental health issues. In that case, seems like that type of person should be flagged from legally purchasing a firearm. Of course, they could go the route of illegally purchasing firearms, but I see no valid reason a person who is diagnosed with mental health issues should be able to have legal access to guns.

RX Local

Acebb's Avatar Join Date
Jul 2012
02-16-2018, 06:14 PM Add to this user's reputation
which is why america has problems. Everybody is a special snowflake that should get what they want, it's my right. Well sometimes you forfeit your right. If you are deemed a danger you shouldn't have access. Why that seems outrageous boggles the mind.
There is a process to determine whether or not you're a danger.

The fact that you don't like the Constitutional regime, which has nothing to do with being a "snowflake," of America, means nothing. You don't live here nor do you really understand the law.

RX Local

Acebb's Avatar Join Date
Jul 2012
02-16-2018, 06:15 PM Add to this user's reputation
They need an adjudication that he was mentally ill or an involuntary commitment to a mental institution.

You not liking Due Process or thinking it is crazy, really doesn't advance the ball here.

Greenbacks Greenbacks is invisible
RX Local

02-16-2018, 06:44 PM Add to this user's reputation
Acebb always kicking ass

RX Senior

02-16-2018, 06:53 PM Add to this user's reputation
Anyone caught with an illegal firearm, automatic 10 years no parole. Anyone caught with coke, meth, heroin, 10 years no probation. Quit fucking around.
That would be fine with me but the cost to build about 5 times the amount of prisons we have now would be a little cost prohibitive. There would be about 100 arrests for drug possession for every 1 illegal fireman possession.....maybe even worse.

RX Local

02-16-2018, 07:16 PM Add to this user's reputation
Quote Originally Posted by cy1981 View Post
That would be fine with me but the cost to build about 5 times the amount of prisons we have now would be a little cost prohibitive. There would be about 100 arrests for drug possession for every 1 illegal fireman possession.....maybe even worse.
Maybe I'm being dramatic about the drug part of what I said but guns? Heck yes.

RX Senior

02-16-2018, 07:47 PM Add to this user's reputation
Quote Originally Posted by cy1981 View Post
You do know that we have the one of the highest or highest rates for incarceration in the world and you want to add to it...
Peace offering...let's see what happens...

RX Wizard

Albatross's Avatar Join Date
Feb 2010
02-16-2018, 08:28 PM Add to this user's reputation
So the anti gun folks will admit if they ban guns the school shootings and such will stop? Not one mention of drugs, video games, culture in Hollywood.....but it's the gun alone that does the killing? How much will these incidents go down once certain guns are banned?

How about placing some blame on some shitty parents. Make them accountable. No way in hell my kids do an act like this. That is guaranteed.
Don’t drink and drive...
you might slice a hook!

RX SemiGod

02-16-2018, 08:39 PM Add to this user's reputation
Quote Originally Posted by Albatross View Post
So the anti gun folks will admit if they ban guns the school shootings and such will stop? Not one mention of drugs, video games, culture in Hollywood.....but it's the gun alone that does the killing? How much will these incidents go down once certain guns are banned?

How about placing some blame on some shitty parents. Make them accountable. No way in hell my kids do an act like this. That is guaranteed.
God bless you Albert...I feel the same way about my kids. Parents either make things happen with their kids or
wonder what happened.

RX Senior

02-16-2018, 09:36 PM Add to this user's reputation
Quote Originally Posted by Acebb View Post
There is a process to determine whether or not you're a danger.

The fact that you don't like the Constitutional regime, which has nothing to do with being a "snowflake," of America, means nothing. You don't live here nor do you really understand the law.
The process is flawed, the sheer number of mentally ill patients committing these types of atrocities should be enough proof of that.

It doesn't have to mean anything, it's my opinion and I live half the year in the US and employ 30 Americans, meet the threshold for citizenship but I have no need, want or desire to get it, I'm a proud Canadian. That doesn't mean I don't understand the law, I just question if it could be better ... and I'm not sure how another 6 months of the year invested would imbue me with any special insight about the law, most full time Americans don't have a clue about your laws so what does living there have to do with anything? If laws were perfect there would be no process to overturn them or alter them in any way, so that there is should be enough for any of us to conclude that Americans were given the power to adapt a law as times adapted for a reason, to change as needed.

RX Senior

02-16-2018, 09:44 PM Add to this user's reputation
Quote Originally Posted by Acebb View Post
They need an adjudication that he was mentally ill or an involuntary commitment to a mental institution.

You not liking Due Process or thinking it is crazy, really doesn't advance the ball here.
I'm all for due process but the kid should've faced due process, he never had to, he was simply slipping thru the cracks. As I said a post earlier, the system is flawed. There needs to be a better system in place for getting these troubled individuals assessed so that the following step of a judicial review or whomever the decided arbiter(s) are can make a decision. I didn't say that due process was crazy, I said that he had that many strikes and wasn't being looked at for a review to strip his gun rights was crazy.

RX Local

02-16-2018, 10:17 PM Add to this user's reputation
The process is flawed, the sheer number of mentally ill patients committing these types of atrocities should be enough proof of that.

It doesn't have to mean anything, it's my opinion and I live half the year in the US and employ 30 Americans, meet the threshold for citizenship but I have no need, want or desire to get it, I'm a proud Canadian. That doesn't mean I don't understand the law, I just question if it could be better ... and I'm not sure how another 6 months of the year invested would imbue me with any special insight about the law, most full time Americans don't have a clue about your laws so what does living there have to do with anything? If laws were perfect there would be no process to overturn them or alter them in any way, so that there is should be enough for any of us to conclude that Americans were given the power to adapt a law as times adapted for a reason, to change as needed.
Not all people that do this are mentally ill though.

RX Senior

02-16-2018, 11:53 PM Add to this user's reputation
Quote Originally Posted by T Hawk View Post
You do know that we have the one of the highest or highest rates for incarceration in the world and you want to add to it...
If you read what I was responding to that is what I was saying. No way we could hold all drug users in prisons.

RX Senior

beefdiesel's Avatar Join Date
Feb 2006
02-17-2018, 07:23 AM Add to this user's reputation
There will be a civil war if liberal nutjobs get back in power, that’s why everyone should have an ar15

RX Local

Acebb's Avatar Join Date
Jul 2012
02-17-2018, 08:40 AM Add to this user's reputation
I'm all for due process but the kid should've faced due process, he never had to, he was simply slipping thru the cracks. As I said a post earlier, the system is flawed. There needs to be a better system in place for getting these troubled individuals assessed so that the following step of a judicial review or whomever the decided arbiter(s) are can make a decision. I didn't say that due process was crazy, I said that he had that many strikes and wasn't being looked at for a review to strip his gun rights was crazy.
Ok, I largely agree with you there.

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory

Willie99's Avatar Join Date
Sep 2005
Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
02-17-2018, 08:57 AM Add to this user's reputation
Quote Originally Posted by Defying View Post
this is the worst argument to make to your opposition.

The difference between a car and a gun is vast.

Life without cars would be a major inconvenience and detrimental to the economy. Cars are worth the risk. But with that said, we're continually getting better. The same is NOT happening with guns.

1. The technology of safety in cars. Cars are engineered to withstand accidents, to save lives. 2. We're trending to a driverless society which in theory should drastically reduce the accidents. 3. laws continually adapt to the automobile.. raised speed limits, lowered speed limits, engineering of roads, understanding of traffic patterns, use of data analytics for such things...

Cars are not intended to be weapons. Guns are.

4. Guns can't be concealed. You see a car coming in most cases, cant bring a car inside a school.... 5. Hitting mass amount of people with a car vs a gun, a gun will do far more damage (see charlottesville. A car rammed through a crowd, one died vs if he was carrying, who knows how many would have died.)

I could continue. But if you want to really talk about guns, I think you only hurt your argument with analogies that don't really apply.

Totally missing my point, it's not the inanimate object that commits a crime, it's the person

And just in case you missed it, cars have been weaponize. ISIS has called for using vehicles to run over large groups of people.

8 people were run over and KILLED in NYC in October 2017
8 people were killed and 46 injured when a van ran over pedestrians in London June 2017
86 people killed and 450+ people injured when a truck was used as a weapon in France July 2016

So my question is this

Were those 102 people killed by the vehicles? or the person driving those vehicles?

Are people who think taking guns away from law abiding citizens also advocating taking vehicles away from law abiding citizens? Maybe we should all be forced to drive smaller, lighter and less powerful vehicles!!!!! Maybe we should all just rude bikes?

It's not about the size of the inanimate object, it's about the intent of the person / criminal.

There are other demographics that would love disarming Americans beside democrats, terrorists and criminals would love that as well (am I being redundant?) .

Go ahead, make their day, lets punish scores of millions of law abiding Americans

whoop whoop whoop
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter". "A rising tide raises all boats". "MAGA"

EV Whore

HarryCaray's Avatar Join Date
Apr 2006
02-17-2018, 11:29 AM Add to this user's reputation
Not all people that do this are mentally ill though.
Not this again. You're still beating this drum? Why is it so important to you that everyone else agree with this (very weird) viewpoint?

If you walk into a building and start firing on strangers for no apparent reason...you are mentally unstable, period, 100% of the time, always always always.

RX Local

02-17-2018, 12:28 PM Add to this user's reputation
Quote Originally Posted by HarryCaray View Post
Not this again. You're still beating this drum? Why is it so important to you that everyone else agree with this (very weird) viewpoint?

If you walk into a building and start firing on strangers for no apparent reason...you are mentally unstable, period, 100% of the time, always always always.
You don't have to respond if you don't want to.

RX SemiGod

slapshot's Avatar Join Date
Sep 2004
02-17-2018, 12:31 PM Add to this user's reputation
gonna go pick me up another one
GO LEAFS GO

RX Local

02-17-2018, 12:37 PM Add to this user's reputation
Very few serial killers (which we typically associate with a mental illness) have a mental illness. At least to the extent they are considered to be insane by the criminal justice system. The classification to be considered legally insane is that an individual must be unable to comprehend that an action is against the law at the exact moment the action is taken.
Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15FirstFirstPrevious123456789101112131415NextLastLastQuick Navigation OFFSHORE FORUM - Online Sportsbetting Top
Quick Reply Quick Reply
FontSize

HomeForumOffshore TalkOFFSHORE FORUM - Online Sportsbetting Why would the average citizen need to own an AR-15?