Forum: Political Forum - Spirited Political comedy. All serious political and World Event posting is also to be posted in this forum.

Thread: Special counsel files new charge in Russia probe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Special counsel files new charge in Russia probe 
    RX Wizard
    What, ANOTHER one(yawn)? All and all, it's just another brick in the wall. Oh, wait, THIS Russian is already in our clutches, and is gonna SPILL.
    Ohhh, that's DIFFERENT, lol. Like somebody mentioned under the story, "Benghazi 8 years of hearings and investigations zero indictments Trump Administration 1 year including Russians 16 indictment and Counting." He's COMIN' for ya, Fat Boy, greasin' up that poll to ram up yer fat ass, he's comin'...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-dem...-politics.html

Special counsel files new charge in Russia probe

Chad Day and Eric Tucker, Associated Press

,Associated PressFebruary 20, 2018

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The special counsel investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election has charged an attorney with lying to federal investigators about his interactions with a former Trump campaign official, according to court papers made public Tuesday.

Alex van der Zwaan, who worked at the law firm Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom until he was fired last year, was to appear in court later Tuesday at a plea hearing.
    The charge does not involve election meddling or relate to the Trump campaign's operations. It stems from a part of the special counsel's investigation into Paul Manafort, Trump's former campaign chair, and Rick Gates, a former campaign aide and longtime business associate of Manafort.
    Manafort and Gates are accused of directing a covert Washington lobbying campaign on behalf of pro-Russian Ukrainian interests. The lobbying effort was part of political consulting work that Manafort and Gates carried out before they joined the Trump campaign.Gates and Manafort were indicted last year and accused of conspiring to launder millions of dollars they earned from political consulting work in Ukraine. Both have pleaded not guilty.

Van der Zwaan is accused of lying to investigators about his interactions with Gates during an interview with the FBI late last year, according to the charging document filed in federal court in Washington.
    His plea hearing Tuesday comes on the heels of an extraordinary indictment from special counsel Robert Mueller last week that charged 13 Russian individuals and three Russian companies in a hidden social media effort to meddle in the 2016 U.S. presidential election by denigrating Democrat Hillary Clinton and boosting the chances of Trump.
    According to the court filing, prosecutors say van der Zwaan lied about his role in the production of a report on the trial of former Ukrainian Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko. She is a political foe of former Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych, whose political party was a client of Gates and Manafort.
    Van der Zwaan is accused of lying during an interview with prosecutors and FBI agents on Nov. 3, 2017, about the timing of his last communication with Gates and an unidentified person described as "Person A."

Van der Zwaan told investigators that he last texted with Gates in mid-August 2016 and his last contact with Person A was in 2014 when he discussed the person's family. But prosecutors say that wasn't true.
    In fact, they say he had discussed the Tymoshenko report with Gates and Person A in September 2016 during a phone call that he surreptitiously recorded. They also say Van der Zwaan deleted emails sought by the special counsel's office including one between him and Person A from September 2016.
    The Tymoshenko report was cited in the 12-count indictment against Manafort and Gates. It accuses the two men of acting as unregistered lobbyists in connection with the rollout of the report, which was commissioned by the Ukrainian government. According to the indictment, Manafort and Gates "used one of their offshore accounts to funnel $4 million to pay secretly for the report."The report was authored by the law firm, Skadden, Arps. Van der Zwaan's now-defunct LinkedIn page lists him as an associate in the London office of the law firm.
    On Tuesday, Skadden Arps released a statement saying it had fired van der Zwaan last year. The firm said it "has been cooperating with authorities in connection with this matter."

It did not say what led to the firing. The charging document notes that the emails van der Zwaan is accused of deleting and withholding from the special counsel's office were also sought by the law firm, which is referred to as "Law Firm A."

He's closing in

The charge does not involve election meddling or relate to the Trump campaign's operations. It stems from a part of the special counsel's investigation into Paul Manafort, Trump's former campaign chair, and Rick Gates, a former campaign aide and longtime business associate of Manafort.

RX Deplorable
    Once again, another worthless indictment. Another worthless process crime which has NOTHING to do with Russia! Russia! Russia!

This is what happens when you let Dinocraps infiltrate all levels of the federal government for the last 50 years. The GOP (GUTLESS OPPOSITION PARTY) never cuts government and this is the end result.

Mueller will keep milking this cow for as long as the GUTLESS OPPOSITION PARTY allows it!
    Progressivism is the bastard child of Marxism

RX Deplorable
    Quote Originally Posted by LENBO View Post
    He's closing in

Try lurking at DU or dailykos and it's just like our resident PAUPER - "It’s Happening!" "It’s Happening!"

Duhfelch!

The charge does not involve election meddling or relate to the Trump campaign's operations.

RX Deplorable

RX Local

RX Local
    He's early today.

Probably just got back from small claims court

Life's a bitch, then you die! Dave007inVegas's Avatar
    Alex who?

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    duuuuuuuuuufinch, duuuuuuuustupid, duuuuuuuuuloser, duuuuuuuuuuupennyless,
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter". "A rising tide raises all boats". "MAGA"

RX Local
    Does this finch even know how to read or interpret his posts? Surely he doesn’t or he would be embarrassed posting this meaningless stuff

It's to the point where I think DuuhFelch is really so unbelievably stupid, that any response to his posts is a total waste of time.

I know... I should have figured this out long ago.

I mean, there are guys like BZ and AKPhiDelt that I think *could* be rehabilitated, possibly? But this DuuuhFelch guy, he's beyond repair.

Quote Originally Posted by festeringZit View Post
    It's to the point where I think DuuhFelch is really so unbelievably stupid, that any response to his posts is a total waste of time.

I mean, there are guys like BZ and AKPhiDelt that I think *could* be rehabilitated, possibly? But this DuuuhFelch guy, he's beyond repair.
    So what are you suggesting? That we all stop responding?

I hate to break it to you Zit but ship has sailed. Addiction is powerful.

Some of the repartee back and forth is really comedic...

Some of the repartee back and forth is really comedic...
    I'll give you that but the rest is nothing more than adolescent behavior.

The TITLE of this thread: "Special counsel files new charge in Russia probe"

What we see in the article within 30 seconds: "The charge does not involve election meddling or relate to the Trump campaign's operations"
    2014 NFL 51-33-1 62.35%
    2013 NFL 61-34 64.21% Finished 6th place in the LVH Supercontest

RX Wizard
    So, the guy has already pleaded guilty...in the Russian probe...and he's a Russian attorney. He's linked with Rick Gates-who will be pleading guilty as well, very soon, and Rick Gates is expected to testify against Manafort-with whom he was associated for a long time, including allegedly laundering massive amounts of undeclared offshore funds-and, oh, yes, Manafort attended the infamous June 16th meeting at Twit Tower-YOU know, the one about "adoptions of Russian children?" But, noooooooooo problem, no collusion with the Russians, nothing to see here, move along, right?

ROTFMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder how many of you schmucks REALLY, deep down, in your heart of hearts, believe that shit. THAT'S why Twittler has been so calm and measured the past few days, right? Oh, and, I've been meeting to ask, can anybody explain why Twittler hasn't implemented a single sanction, despite both houses passing legislation, by about at 19 to 1 margin, to do so? And, let us not forget, not only did every single intelligence agency head state there was no doubt about Russian meddling in 2016, Trump's own NSA guy, McMaster, said that there is "incontrovertible" evidence that they had meddled. I'm all ears, but, something tells me I'm in for a long wait for an answer to that particular question, lol.

RX Deplorable

Libtard rehab?

RX Wizard

So, wtf are you doing in this thread, you brain dead, hypocritical cocksucker. Hey, did you and Witless Willie run a train on Gas Bag's hot ex-Playmate wife while you were gushing about her looks?

Oh, and, non implementation of sanction justification, anybody? Anyone at all? This guy lied in November, AFTER a slew of indictments, he's the son of an oligarch and an attorney, so, he didn't fall off the turnip truck. Why did he feel the need to lie?

RX Local
    Lol...DorkFart is an epic fail in every aspect of life
    OMG DuhhhhhFFFFIIIIINNNNNCCCCCHHHHHHH!!!!!!
    YOU ARE A TOTAL LOSER ! ! ! ! LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ

Quote Originally Posted by Dafinch View Post
    So, the guy has already pleaded guilty...in the Russian probe...and he's a Russian attorney. He's linked with Rick Gates-who will be pleading guilty as well, very soon, and Rick Gates is expected to testify against Manafort-with whom he was associated for a long time, including allegedly laundering massive amounts of undeclared offshore funds-and, oh, yes, Manafort attended the infamous June 16th meeting at Twit Tower-YOU know, the one about "adoptions of Russian children?" But, noooooooooo problem, no collusion with the Russians, nothing to see here, move along, right?

ROTFMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder how many of you schmucks REALLY, deep down, in your heart of hearts, believe that shit. THAT'S why Twittler has been so calm and measured the past few days, right? Oh, and, I've been meeting to ask, can anybody explain why Twittler hasn't implemented a single sanction, despite both houses passing legislation, by about at 19 to 1 margin, to do so? And, let us not forget, not only did every single intelligence agency head state there was no doubt about Russian meddling in 2016, Trump's own NSA guy, McMaster, said that there is "incontrovertible" evidence that they had meddled. I'm all ears, but, something tells me I'm in for a long wait for an answer to that particular question, lol.
    Some of have extended wagers that TRUMP and none of those on this campaign/transition/administration will face charges for "Russian Collusion or Russian Interference" ... yet you WONT take those wagers. And you asked:

""""" But, noooooooooo problem, no collusion with the Russians, nothing to see here, move along, right?

ROTFMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder how many of you schmucks REALLY, deep down, in your heart of hearts, believe that shit."""""

So gonna accept the political forum ban wager?
    2014 NFL 51-33-1 62.35%

RX Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLTrends View Post
    Some of have extended wagers that TRUMP and none of those on this campaign/transition/administration will face charges for "Russian Collusion or Russian Interference" ... yet you WONT take those wagers. And you asked:

""""" But, noooooooooo problem, no collusion with the Russians, nothing to see here, move along, right?

ROTFMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder how many of you schmucks REALLY, deep down, in your heart of hearts, believe that shit."""""

So gonna accept the political forum ban wager?
    You've asked that question several times, and I've answered it several times. Go fuck yourself, welch. Oh, yeah, how exactly did you settle the matter with BZ for the $100, stiff artist?

RX Local

Quote Originally Posted by Dafinch View Post
    You've asked that question several times, and I've answered it several times. Go fuck yourself, welch. Oh, yeah, how exactly did you settle the matter with BZ for the $100, stiff artist?
    Its settled between me and BZ... so what do I owe you after the outcome of a bet where I lost?

And why no wager? I never have NOT paid a wager I lost
    2014 NFL 51-33-1 62.35%

RX Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLTrends View Post
    Its settled between me and BZ... so what do I owe you after the outcome of a bet where I lost?

And why no wager? I never have NOT paid a wager I lost
    What do you mean, it's settled? Simple question: Did you...pay him? You've asked the above 2 questions several times, asshole, I'm not repeating myself on either one.