Forum: College Football Forum - Sponsored by:

Thread: Spring Practice News

RX SemiGod
    2018 Comeback Thriller: Remember this one? Penn State finished the 2017 season with an
    11-2 record, suffering a pair of losses on consecutive weekends in Big Ten play by a combined
    four points. The Nittany Lions took a 7-0 record into the Ohio State Horseshoe, where they
    led by as many as 18 points in the first half and by 11 in the final six minutes before the Buck-
    eyes mounted a furious comeback for a 39-38 win. What a game and what a comeback.

The Big Ten, especially the Big Ten East, should be as competitive as ever and Ohio State's trip
    to Happy Valley could prove to be its toughest road test of the year. After beating Penn State
    last season, the Buckeyes had the inside track for the East division crown and as a result the
    Big Ten Championship and a possible College Football Playoff birth. This matchup in the last
    weekend of September could carry a similar weight for two of the Big Ten's top contenders.
    FAKE Sports Championships are like pennies, two-faced and worthless! Sad Central Florida...

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by cloverleaf View Post
    Central Florida Fan in Jail. The guard looks in his cell and sees him hanging
    by the his feet.
    "What the hell are you doing?" he asks.
    "Hanging myself," Fan replies.
    "It should be around your neck," says the guard.
    "I know," says Fan, "but I couldn't fookin' breath!"

IDIOT!

I think the funniest thing about that joke is that an Alabama fan is making fun of the intelligence of a UCF fan!!!

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pooh View Post
    I do apologize for my error in reading. I will concede the point that I was incorrect about the Ga. Tech game being cancelled because of a hurricane. For that I apologize. What I will not concede is the point that UCF is nothing more than a group of 5 team looking for an excuse. Why did UCF "need" to add an extra game? Why has UCF scheduled South Carolina State for this season? Why have they scheduled Florida A&M for next season? The truth is because if UCF ever had to play in a legitimate conference, the best they could ever hope to do is about .500. That does not mean that they would lose every game they play, but they sure as he** would not win every game, and that is obvious. You people really have to learn to appreciate your little victories when you get then, but also KNOW YOUR PLACE in the world of College Football. If you are NOT in a Power 5 Conference, then you are NOT worthy of playing for the National Championship.
    I'll do my best to answer your questions in order.

UCF scheduled an extra game b/c their game vs GT was cancelled. They most likely wanted to play another game to assure that they'd get a 6th win and become bowl eligible. Florida State actually added a game during championship weekend last yr vs a sunbelt team so they could get a 6th win and a bowl appearance as FSU had a cancelled game as well. Miami had a cancelled game vs Ark St and decided they didnt want to make the game up or add another game (probably b/c they were undefeated and a loss would have cancelled their CFP plans).

Not sure why UCF scheduled SCST this season. Probably to have that 1 "creampuff game"? I really dont know. However they do play Pitt, FAU (who isnt bad), and UNC this season. Not the strongest of teams but 2 of them are ACC teams and i really have no clue when these games were scheduled but assuming many years in advance?? Next year they play FAU (yes 1AA but in state game and BEST halftime show ever), at FAU (30 min from my house and many alumni who live in area), home vs Stanford, and at Pitt. They did have Texas on their future schedule but Texas just cancelled to play Bama. UCF would like to play the top teams but its not like the top teams are going out of their way to come to Orlando (very risky for a top program to play a road non conference game vs an up and coming team).

If UCF played in a legit conference, who knows how they would be? They would also have better players b/c 97% of 4 and 5 star high school players would rather play in a P5 conference. There are exceptions to the rule. However UCF's best chance of landing stud high school recruits are 1) if the player lives local or 2) the player went to another school first and decided to leave (or got kicked out) and went to UCF.

I dont recall saying that UCF would go undefeated if they played in a P5 conference. Only a handful of teams have done that in this past decade.

I loved last season just like i loved the 2013 fiesta bowl season. It was fun!! They had some fun/memorable seasons/games in the past 25 years that i have been following them (had some crazy shitty ones as well).

By the "know your place" comment, you are pretty much saying that college football should ONLY consist of the P5 teams and thats it. If thats the case, lets get rid of every non P5 conference. NCAA football is the only sport where every team does NOT have a chance to win a championship. However, if UCF goes undefeated again this season (BIG if), then i believe they will be invited to the CFP. Cant shut them out 2 years in a row for an unblemished record.

Look, read my posts from the past. I dont use the line "national champs" and blah blah blah. I only talk about UCF when people on this forum bring them up and say something negative or foolish about them. I gotta defend my school as it has done a lot for me. And when it is brought up, i'll mention how they went undefeated and they have a pretty good qb who is fun to watch (actually played like crap in 1st half of peach bowl). When i speak with my UCF friends, we're talking about 2018. 2017 was fun but that happened 6 months ago. We moved on. Just not everyone on this forum has moved on.

A certain bama fan on this forum (not mentioning any names) just likes to talk about UCF like he's a middle school boy who has a crush on a girl. But instead of telling the girl that he likes her, he just makes fun of her and causes a scene. Its all good.

RX SemiGod
    I won't mention the ATTENTION WHORE's name but he's so damn smart the WHINY little
    bitch can't start his own thread. He'd rather waste space in this one.

Whiny: having a complaining tone, without wanting to sound whiny, it's hard work ain't
    it little boy.

For the tenth time...go the fuck away.
    FAKE Sports Championships are like pennies, two-faced and worthless! Sad Central Florida...

Banned
    Knight. Are you for real? You posted this: "UCF scheduled an extra game b/c their game vs GT was cancelled. They most likely wanted to play another game to assure that they'd get a 6th win and become bowl eligible." So a team that YOU claim is the rightful NC had to add an extra game against an FCS team to make sure they ended up with 6 wins? It is time for you to go. Start your own threads in here. There is no way you can tell me or anyone else that a legitimate contender for the NC has to add an FCS game so they can make sure they get 6 wins and go to a bowl game. I may be the only woman who posts in here but even I do not buy your excuses. You are picking a fight with one of the most respected posters in here when you pick a fight with Clover. Sure he steps over the line occasionally, but if it comes down to a choice between you and him, YOU LOSE. My Dad (who no longer posts in here) is good friends with Clover. Sure they had their differences, and those differences were huge. You are talking about two men who are fans (my Dad is also a USC alum) of two of the Top 5 college football teams of all time, Alabama and USC. Each one of them has perfectly legitimate arguments. But they always respected each other and still do to this day. I cannot vouch for Clover, but I know my Dad has made more money wagering on College Football than 95% of the people in here, including yourself. I am still learning how the game is played, but I respect those who have been at this for a long time. I do not always agree with them, but I do respect them. You show no respect for him. All you want to do is defend some throw away Group of 5 School who has more undergrads going to it than they have seats in their Mickey Mouse stadium.

RX SemiGod
    Maryland: Clearly the Terrapins are hoping to quickly move on from last season and to
    do that, the team needs to show improvement on both sides of the ball. Former Michigan
    defensive coordinator DJ Durkin (10-15 SU) has yet to bring the football program to a
    consistently competitive level in the Big Ten conference. The Terrapins stunned the Texas
    Longhorns on opening day but win just three games the rest of the way, hampered by
    injuries on the offensive side of the ball. The top two quarterbacks are still recovering from
    knee injuries suffered early last year. The defense returns five starters that had one of the
    worst pass rushes in the country last season. New defensive coordinator Matt Canada (LSU)
    has his work cut out for him to say the least. A revenge-hungry Texas squad is up first on
    the schedule, and there aren't many favorable matchups the rest of the way, either. Another
    four win...maybe five win season seems likely.

@Texas.....@Bowling Green.....Temple.....Minnesota.....@Michigan.....Rutgers.....@Iowa
    …..Illinois.....Michigan State.....@Indiana.....Ohio State.....@Penn State

Sidenote: Maryland is 0-11 against the spread playing after a straight up and against the
    spread win the past four years.

Banned
    Maryland is up against it. They have 5 probably losses against Texas, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, and Penn State. They also play at Iowa and at Indiana. With that schedule and only 4 returning starters on defense, 6 wins is a very tall order for Maryland.

RX Senior
    Knight. Are you for real? You posted this: "UCF scheduled an extra game b/c their game vs GT was cancelled. They most likely wanted to play another game to assure that they'd get a 6th win and become bowl eligible." So a team that YOU claim is the rightful NC had to add an extra game against an FCS team to make sure they ended up with 6 wins? It is time for you to go. Start your own threads in here. There is no way you can tell me or anyone else that a legitimate contender for the NC has to add an FCS game so they can make sure they get 6 wins and go to a bowl game. I may be the only woman who posts in here but even I do not buy your excuses. You are picking a fight with one of the most respected posters in here when you pick a fight with Clover. Sure he steps over the line occasionally, but if it comes down to a choice between you and him, YOU LOSE. My Dad (who no longer posts in here) is good friends with Clover. Sure they had their differences, and those differences were huge. You are talking about two men who are fans (my Dad is also a USC alum) of two of the Top 5 college football teams of all time, Alabama and USC. Each one of them has perfectly legitimate arguments. But they always respected each other and still do to this day. I cannot vouch for Clover, but I know my Dad has made more money wagering on College Football than 95% of the people in here, including yourself. I am still learning how the game is played, but I respect those who have been at this for a long time. I do not always agree with them, but I do respect them. You show no respect for him. All you want to do is defend some throw away Group of 5 School who has more undergrads going to it than they have seats in their Mickey Mouse stadium.
    Pooh, not time for me to go. You actually just got here and have no clue what you're talking about. Just yesterday you called me a liar and told me that hurricane Irma never happened. You also told me that GT played a game that was 3 months into the future.

Regarding the UCF/Austin Peay game, that game was scheduled on Sep 21, 2017. At the time, UCF's record was 1-0. At that date (which was a few days after a natural disaster that ACTUALLY happened) I dont think UCF was thinking about making a "national championship" run at that time and was going to be happy to get at least 6 wins and play a bowl game.

Personally, i have no idea what your rant is all about.

Not sure why i "need to start my own threads" here as i only talk about UCF Football when someone is talking crap about them. Please read my prior posts and you will able to see that (your reading comprehension has been awful here the past couple of days. Did you really go to USC???)

If Clover is gonna talk stupid crap about UCF, i will respond to him. If Clover doesnt talk stupid crap about them then i will either 1) not respond at all 2) only respond to a post in this thread that i feel will add value to his thread (or post a legit question)

Honest question, have you read this whole thread? Look who started with who? I'm not crying into my pillow at night but look at some of the names that i have been called (i truly dont care that i was called those names) but its hard to show respect when called that.

I know I know, respect your elders

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by cloverleaf View Post
    Maryland: Clearly the Terrapins are hoping to quickly move on from last season and to
    do that, the team needs to show improvement on both sides of the ball. Former Michigan
    defensive coordinator DJ Durkin (10-15 SU) has yet to bring the football program to a
    consistently competitive level in the Big Ten conference. The Terrapins stunned the Texas
    Longhorns on opening day but win just three games the rest of the way, hampered by
    injuries on the offensive side of the ball. The top two quarterbacks are still recovering from
    knee injuries suffered early last year. The defense returns five starters that had one of the
    worst pass rushes in the country last season. New defensive coordinator Matt Canada (LSU)
    has his work cut out for him to say the least. A revenge-hungry Texas squad is up first on
    the schedule, and there aren't many favorable matchups the rest of the way, either. Another
    four win...maybe five win season seems likely.

@Texas.....@Bowling Green.....Temple.....Minnesota.....@Michigan.....Rutgers.....@Iowa
    …..Illinois.....Michigan State.....@Indiana.....Ohio State.....@Penn State

Sidenote: Maryland is 0-11 against the spread playing after a straight up and against the
    spread win the past four years.
    Maryland is actually at home to Texas opening day. Last year they played in Austin. Probably the craziest week 1 upset

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightrofins View Post
    Maryland is actually at home to Texas opening day. Last year they played in Austin. Probably the craziest week 1 upset
    Wrong again. The game will be played in Landover MD. which is like a home game for Maryland, but NOT a home game. The difference is about 30,000 seats and the fact that the field is Grass in Landover and Turf in College Park. I swear, you are lick a Freshman kid in JUCO trying to talk to adults. You are NOT an adult. I think what you have to realize is that no one gives a caca in here about UCF or it's alleged students.

RX Senior
    Wrong again. The game will be played in Landover MD. which is like a home game for Maryland, but NOT a home game. The difference is about 30,000 seats and the fact that the field is Grass in Landover and Turf in College Park. I swear, you are lick a Freshman kid in JUCO trying to talk to adults. You are NOT an adult. I think what you have to realize is that no one gives a caca in here about UCF or it's alleged students.
    I stand corrected as i didnt realize it was a neutral site game close to College Park. I just knew that game wasnt "at texas".

Funny how i wasnt being "disrespectful" to Clover on the prior post and you came after me. I've actually had rational football conversations with Clover on these forums as we were still having are little "tiff". However your insults crack me up as your reading comprehension is almost worse than your subject/verb agreement. I am trying to lick a freshman kid in JUCO? What does that mean??? (You sure u really went to USC? Maybe it was a "legacy thing" how u got in??)

I wish i was still a student at UCF. Fun days and good times!!!

Banned
    Anyone can be a student at UCF. While USC is ranked at #21 by Newsweek in their rankings of the best Universities in the nation, UCF is ranked at #171. So I am trying to talk to a person that has what amounts to a Junior College Degree. What did you do during your time at UCF besides drink?

RX Junior
    I do apologize for my error in reading.
    Your error was not in reading, it was responding. Talk about a face plant! Everyone with a football IQ higher than a bowl of mashed potatoes knew that game was canceled.

You are trying way too hard to impress people you don't know on a message board. Might help if you stop telling other posters their post is BS when you are actually the one full of it.

RX Junior
    Why do you continue to beat this ucf dead horse? Does their mythical national championship bother you that much? We expect such stupidity from clover but why would a usc fan give a damn? Is it because the American was a better conference last year than the pac (validated by their 2 and 0 head-to-head record)? Or is it because they fared better in their bowl games than the pac? (who didn’t)

Knight has ever right to be proud of what his team accomplished last season. If he wants to claim a national championship, so what! Bama has been claiming false national championships since the birth of time. USC still claims 2004 as a natty despite being stripped of the title by the BCS for villainous cheating. I would think you guys would be the last people on earth to throw stones.

Banned
    Dead Last. NO ONE pays you to think, so stop trying to do something you cannot do. You are talking about a USC team that was stripped of it's title by a jealous Notre Dame executive that had some pull with the NCAA, and who has since been fired. The fact is that the 2004 USC team is better than ANY team from the South EVER WAS. I noticed that you are not real quick to tell us who your favorite team is. Why? How old are you? Where did you go to college? Did you graduate? My Dad has a saying about people who stick their noses into other peoples business. He says that these people often find themselves having to learn how to breathe through their mouths. Perhaps some wise words for you to ponder.

RX SemiGod
    Deadlast...BREAKING NEWS just reported today.

Central Florida has decided not to play their conference games this season. The school announced
    they will be Conference Champions and do not want to risk players getting hurt before they play
    in the National Championship Playoffs.

God, maybe Auburn should do the same because it's the only frecken way they will be playing
    for a football national title.

"But you will have every right to be proud of your team"....cause Auburn will never claim a fucking
    FAKE national title in any sport.

RX SemiGod
    Deadlast, you and fantasy boy holding hands yet?

NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH IT!

Please just stay away from my farm animals. You
    have been warned.

RX SemiGod
    I want to apologize to the Loyal RX CFB Posters. This forum was meant for CFB information and comments
    from different parts of the country on their favorite teams. Because of a couple of "asswipes" it's turned into
    a "hey look at me clown show."

On the bright side...CFB is just around the corner. I'm excited because I love this sport. From now on let's
    post information that will help a bettor here at RX win some money.

Information is gold...or whatever you make it out to be.

RX SemiGod
    Clover, I remember the time, many years ago (1973), I was in a Bar out in California just before the 1974
    Rose Bowl when two opinionated football fans got into a heated debate as to who was the best team in the Country, USC, Pac-10 champs (10-1-1) led by QB Pat Haden and wide receiver Lynn Swann, coached by John McKay or, Ohio State, the Big 10 champs(9-0-1) led by everybody's All-American Archie Griffin coached by the legendary Woody Hayes.

I could tell that the USC fan spoke very good English and the Buckeye fan spoke in a broken manner with his native tongue obviously being Spanish. After about an hour and a few beers one could tell the debate wasn't going anywhere with neither fan conceding that their team wasn't the best. Finally the little Hispanic guy, in surge of frustration, bellowed to the USC fan, "BESEME CULLO". Since I spoke no Spanish I had to ask some one what the little guy said, when I found out I have been laughing (out loud) ever since. True Story..............

FYI: Ohio State won the January 1, 1974 Rose Bowl game beating USC 42-21. Ohio State ended up ranked #2 behind National Champions Notre Dame and USC, who was ranked #1 in the pre-season polls ended-up ranked #8.

RX SemiGod
    Mack...we love you my friend especially with your knowledge and recollection of CFB. You and
    Roll Tide, plus many, many others make this forum an interesting place to be. I just can't take
    fake, lying silliness...it disrespects this wonderful game of college football that I love.

RX SemiGod
    Texas: The heat is on in Austin, Texas, especially on the football team coaching staff.
    After going 7-6 last season, the time for patient, step-by-step rebuilds was yesterday.
    The 2017 season was a disaster offensively for the Longhorns. At times, Texas fielded
    a true freshman quarterback, a true freshman running back, a true freshman right
    tackle and a true freshman tight end. The results showed as the offense ranked 110th
    nationally in yards per carry, 91st in passing efficiency and 104th in yards per play. The
    leading rusher began the season as a backup quarterback. The offensive line was 108th
    in sacks allowed and 113th tackles for loss allowed. Simply put, the offense was pretty
    bad. Bringing in a new offensive line coach Herb Hand from Auburn should help.

Sidenote: Even with all the offensive problems last year, the Horns managed to cover
    nine of its thirteen games.

Banned
    Texas is a hard team to figure out. Three of their games went into overtime last season. They lost two of those games. They blew leads in all three of those games, two blown leads coming in the 4th quarter (accounting for their two losses). They also blew 4th quarter leads against Oklahoma and Texas Tech which accounted for two more losses. A team that cannot keep a lead in the 4th quarter is not going to be overly successful. Last season they were dogs in 5 of their 12 regular season games. That will NOT be the case this season. This team may be a good fade opportunity, especially if they continue to blow 4th quarter leads.

RX SemiGod
    Texas is a hard team to figure out. Three of their games went into overtime last season. They lost two of those games. They blew leads in all three of those games, two blown leads coming in the 4th quarter (accounting for their two losses). They also blew 4th quarter leads against Oklahoma and Texas Tech which accounted for two more losses. A team that cannot keep a lead in the 4th quarter is not going to be overly successful. Last season they were dogs in 5 of their 12 regular season games. That will NOT be the case this season. This team may be a good fade opportunity, especially if they continue to blow 4th quarter leads.
    I agree Texas could be really good or bad again this season. It certainly will be interesting to watch this team develop.
    Solving the offensive problems would go a long way. During 2017 the Longhorns leading rushers had 385 yards and
    373 yards. Getting coach Hand from Auburn will help the offensive line.

RX SemiGod
    Pac-12: The Pac-12 has been left out in two of the four years of the College Football
    Playoff, and Washington and Stanford are two programs that are on the short list of
    schools that could be able to vie for a playoff berth when they're at their best. The
    Huskies and Cardinal finished 7-2 in conference play last season with Stanford winning
    the head-to-head matchup 30-22. Stanford and Washington have won the Pac-12 North
    in five of the last six seasons, meaning this game could decide half of the conference
    championship game picture.

2017: Stanford 30-22
    2016: Washington 44-6
    2015: Stanford 31-14
    2014: Stanford 20-13
    2013: Stanford 31-28
    2012: Washington 17-13

RX SemiGod
    Iron Bowl: Consider this: In seven of the last nine years, the winner of the Iron Bowl
    has played in the National Championship game. The two years when the winner didn't
    play for the title was last season when Auburn beat Alabama and the 2014 season.
    Alabama went on to play for the national title both of those seasons winning last year
    and losing to Ohio State in 2014.