Forum: OFFSHORE FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The internet's most popular and busiest sports betting forum. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: Jimmy Graham to the packers, Jordy Nelson being cut

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mark View Post
    Nelson to NE. Brady and any white guy receiving combo is cash money!
    Camp needs to go there to replace Amendola. I'm hearing Houston though.

RX Wizard
    Jordy to my Lions

RX Senior
    Third stool from the door at most WI bars
    Visiting Oakland tomorrow. He has lost all his burst. Needs a scrambling QB to gain separation. Don't think Carr fits that bill.

Jordy Nelson

-550 receptions
    - 7,848 receiving yards
    - 69 TD’s
    - All-Pro
    - Super Bowl Champion

Give him a 1 year contract.....He might have a little something left in the tank.

RX Senior
    This is from bobmcginnfootball.com. McGinn is the best football writer around. Knows Packers football inside and out. This is from his year-end evaluation of the team:
    JORDY NELSON (77%): Didn’t do anything in training camp, exhibition games or in 806 snaps. The only judgment, at 32 and in his 10th season, is that Nelson has hit the proverbial wall. Lived on his six TD passes from Aaron Rodgers in the first five games to elude scrutiny over his ongoing collapse. Other than a 32-yard “free” play against the unsuspecting Seahawks, his TD passes measured 1, 3, 4, 8 and 10 yards. Never caught another in what was by far his poorest season. Rodgers’ injury was just a convenient excuse. He couldn’t beat press coverage or separate downfield. He also developed a disturbing habit of falling down for little or no reason when the ball arrived. His average gain after the catch of 2.30 was the lowest of his career; on 67.9% of his 53 catches he gained two or fewer yards post-catch. Of all WRs with 25 or more receptions, Nelson ranked third worst in yards per catch at 9.1. Late in the season his hands and blocking deserted him, too. His long catch from Game 6 on was 17 yards. After averaging 20.7 receptions for 20 or more yards in his last three full seasons Nelson had four in 2017. There’s no reason to bring Nelson back for the final year of his contract at $9.25 million base salary. If the Packers think his legs are gone, release him. Grade: D-minus.

Quote Originally Posted by arniesarmy View Post
    This is from bobmcginnfootball.com. McGinn is the best football writer around. Knows Packers football inside and out. This is from his year-end evaluation of the team:
    JORDY NELSON (77%): Didn’t do anything in training camp, exhibition games or in 806 snaps. The only judgment, at 32 and in his 10th season, is that Nelson has hit the proverbial wall. Lived on his six TD passes from Aaron Rodgers in the first five games to elude scrutiny over his ongoing collapse. Other than a 32-yard “free” play against the unsuspecting Seahawks, his TD passes measured 1, 3, 4, 8 and 10 yards. Never caught another in what was by far his poorest season. Rodgers’ injury was just a convenient excuse. He couldn’t beat press coverage or separate downfield. He also developed a disturbing habit of falling down for little or no reason when the ball arrived. His average gain after the catch of 2.30 was the lowest of his career; on 67.9% of his 53 catches he gained two or fewer yards post-catch. Of all WRs with 25 or more receptions, Nelson ranked third worst in yards per catch at 9.1. Late in the season his hands and blocking deserted him, too. His long catch from Game 6 on was 17 yards. After averaging 20.7 receptions for 20 or more yards in his last three full seasons Nelson had four in 2017. There’s no reason to bring Nelson back for the final year of his contract at $9.25 million base salary. If the Packers think his legs are gone, release him. Grade: D-minus.
    Lmfao 2.30 after the catch.

My case rests.

I have to tell these packer fans about their own team. Let me tell you something cheesehead cheddar......I was a packer fan before I was a savant and historian of the nfl. The reason I love the sport is because King Favre. Don't question me.

Quote Originally Posted by kidman232 View Post
    would love to see Jordy land in Carolina on a 2-3 year contract
    Why would you wish inaccuracy on him like that, what did he ever do to you?
    Boise State Broncos: 2 Time Uncrowned National Champions!

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobdeeper7239 View Post
    Lmfao 2.30 after the catch.

My case rests.

I have to tell these packer fans about their own team. Let me tell you something cheesehead cheddar......I was a packer fan before I was a savant and historian of the nfl. The reason I love the sport is because King Favre. Don't question me.
    Yeah, a lot of Packer fans fall in love with players and can't see when they are done. But Favre is a prime example. If Rodgers had the teams around him that Favre had, the Packers would have had two more Super Bowl titles. Favre threw away two titles. Rodgers has never had the defenses Favre had. Favre was great entertainment, but his drama should have been stopped sooner. And when Thompson finally said enough, the majority of Packer fans reacted by booing Rodgers. Of course, now he is the darling. Cheddar is just a typical Packers fan. I am a season ticket holder, and applaud Jordy Nelson for what he did, but know he is done.

Yeah, a lot of Packer fans fall in love with players and can't see when they are done. But Favre is a prime example. If Rodgers had the teams around him that Favre had, the Packers would have had two more Super Bowl titles. Favre threw away two titles. Rodgers has never had the defenses Favre had. Favre was great entertainment, but his drama should have been stopped sooner. And when Thompson finally said enough, the majority of Packer fans reacted by booing Rodgers. Of course, now he is the darling. Cheddar is just a typical Packers fan. I am a season ticket holder, and applaud Jordy Nelson for what he did, but know he is done.
    I respectively disagree.

"If Rodgers had the teams aorund him that Favre had...."

Who did he have? Not many players on offense that's for sure. No jimmy graham that's for sure. Antonio Freeman, who Favre made, along with Javon Walker who's career immediately died when he left. I liked donald driver. Sterling sharpe was his best WR and they barely played together.

His allure was partly the reason the Packers were so successful. People around him knew he was a fucking G and in the game of football, that type of character is admired and honored. Aaron Rodgers is a "California I'm too good" for you type of teammate. Favre embraced everyone. Great teammate.

Yes he had some boneheaded plays that cost them games. One that comes to mind is the Eagles INT. Brian dawkins. Giants nfc championship game too. But good thing fate is fate because Packers weren't beating the 18-0 patriots that year lol.

Favre had reggie white but not for very long. Had some better pass rushers, but their secondary was terrible for most of his years. They had the same problem they always have had minus their suberbowl seasons....they gave up big plays.

Eagles shouldn't of even been in position to win that game if rookie linebacker Nick Barnett plays the middle of the field. Darren sharper was their best defensive player that Favre had in the 2000's. KGB on the d line, Mike Mckenzie, Al harris as corners I liked.

But In todays game, the secondary is more important than ever before. So even with guys like clay matthews, bj raji, desmond bishop, aj hawk, and later julius peppers...but the secondary is really what i want to point out. Because remember Rodgers wasn't yet elite in 2010. He got hurt that year and then went off in the playoffs. But, the Packers secondary when they won it with Rodgers was by far not even a discussion their best secondary they have ever had. Nick collins, all pro ended up fucking his neck up and retiring early. He was amazing. Think he had an int in the superbowl as well. Charles Woodson, all pro and hof. Sam shields (my favorite corner), and tramon williams who led them in pics that year. They were stacked. With clay matthews in his prime young and healthy. .... Favre hasn't had defensive playmakers like THAT....ever on any team he has played on. yeah a couple years with Reggie white and they won it all and appeared in back to back.

I am surprised Rodgers hasn't won more or at least been to another. He went 15-1 one year.

Favre also went to the Jets and learned a new system and had them at 8-3 before tearing his labrum vs the dolphins and finishing the season 9-7 and missing the playoffs.

Then i don't even need to talk about one of the greatest seasons of all time by a quarterback when he went to the Vikings. He shit all over the Packers....twice.

Is Rodgers the better qb? Probably so. But no way Favre had more help.

I'll say that Favre definitely had better coaching in GB compared to Rodgers. McCarthy is overrated & has Rodgers to thank for his career.
    Boise State Broncos: 2 Time Uncrowned National Champions!

4th and 26. All I needed to say really. Favres defenses were trash in the 2000's. They gave up big plays like it was their job. 4th and 26. But I remember multiple big plays from many different games where they were exposed. Think brees and LT had like 600 total yards vs packers defense in the early 2000s. They sucked bro. Yeah in the 90s they were solid. But still Rodgers had the best packer defense in 2010.

I get your point though. Packers fans are some bandwagon fareweather fans lollol....just kidding. They do love their players. I still like the Packers but have no bias towards them anymore.

RX Senior
    But, the Packers secondary when they won it with Rodgers was by far not even a discussion their best secondary they have ever had.

But still Rodgers had the best packer defense in 2010.

Can the savant and historian of the nfl care to elaborate on this?

RX Senior
    I am a season ticket holder
    I'll have to try and read more McGinn, thanks for the tip. Season tickets make you smarter too? Have to try that too

Favre had much better defenses than Rodgers. Not even a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan View Post
    Favre had much better defenses than Rodgers. Not even a question.
    In the 90s, yes. Early 2000's no way bro.

Name 3 players favre had on defense from 2000-2009 that were really good....besides sharper. Their corners were alright. I was biased at the time so I liked them, but they weren't great. Gilbert brown? Aaron kampman? These guys weren't bad but none of them really good. Gilbert brown was just a fat ass who clogged up the middle. Couldn't do shit besides that.

And yes in the favre/rodger eras....2010 packer defense was easily the most talented and skilled.

Favre was running off of 3 MVP awards in a row from 95-98. Rodgers really took off in the 2010 playoffs.

Defense doesn't win you three mvp awards in a row. It was his team by then. But I will say packers defense was good 94-98 when he did win those.

Offense helps defense though. Favre had 3 mvp awards in a row during his sb runs.....rodgers was coming off an injury and his defense still held it down for the 4 weeks he missed.

Actually I just looked it up. Packers defense gave up a total of 55 pts in 4 weeks and 31 came vs new england at new england. Lol. Yeah soooo they were prettttty pretttttty good.

Their defense was legit as it ever was in 2010 during both their respective eras. Which is why Favre came out in 2011 saying, "I thought Rodgers would have two superbowls by now"

Because he knows the play making ability on that defense was stupid nice on all levels.

Leroy Butler & Reggie White were pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mark View Post
    Leroy Butler & Reggie White were pretty good.
    Leroy butler yeah definitely was solid for the 90s teams.

RX Senior
    I am in no way saying I know more because I own season tickets. But Nelson is done. And Favre treated Rodgers like shit. Did not help him at all. I will try to do this tomorrow, but I am sure the Packer defenses of the last four years ranked lower than Favre's last four years. There is no way they should have lost to the Broncos. Favre threw the stupid interception against the Giants in OT at home that lost them the championship game. Rodgers has watched his defense kill them year after year in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobdeeper7239 View Post
    In the 90s, yes. Early 2000's no way bro.

Name 3 players favre had on defense from 2000-2009 that were really good....besides sharper. Their corners were alright. I was biased at the time so I liked them, but they weren't great. Gilbert brown? Aaron kampman? These guys weren't bad but none of them really good. Gilbert brown was just a fat ass who clogged up the middle. Couldn't do shit besides that.

And yes in the favre/rodger eras....2010 packer defense was easily the most talented and skilled.

Favre was running off of 3 MVP awards in a row from 95-98. Rodgers really took off in the 2010 playoffs.

Defense doesn't win you three mvp awards in a row. It was his team by then. But I will say packers defense was good 94-98 when he did win those.
    Favre had 8 defenses finish in the top 10 in DVOA Defense (including 2001, 2002, 2003). Rodgers has had 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan View Post
    Favre had 8 defenses finish in the top 10 in DVOA Defense (including 2001, 2002, 2003). Rodgers has had 4.
    Vonnie holiday was good I forgot about him.

Dvoa is based on your success in down and distance situations compared to everyone in the league. Packers. So that was the early 2000s. Team full of decent defensive players. Front 7 wasn't bad. Secondary had a couple players. But this was when you still ran the ball two out of three downs. Those teams proceeded to let michael vick run absolutely crazy and blow them out for the first loss in Lambeau during the playoffs. Then gave up the 4th and 26 two years later.

Dvoa doesnt mean shit to me if teams goals are to run the ball to keep it out of 3 time mvp brett favre hands. That's what the game plan was. Now it is....what corner are we going to pick on all game?

Tell me a real stat like they were top 5 in the league in something.

Raiders seem to be the front runner for Jordy Nelson