Forum: Baseball Forum - Post your picks or discuss anything related to betting MLB here. Sponsored by BetDSI - get your 300% bonus here, Only for RX Posters

Thread: Yankees Insider Picks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tar_heel_in_sc View Post
    Stanton is an overrated bum. Cashman should have gotten Yelich or Ozuna instead.
    Ummmmmmmm.....

"Boston is a small town full of angry drunks," Vin said this evening. I think he heard somewhere fairly recently because he's been saying it a lot the past few days. I guess there are a lot of drunks there (there's one or two here as well) and they do tend to get angry when the hated Yankees and their fans come to town.

Tonight's game should be a classic pitcher's duel - for the first half anyway. Sale has not had a great start - thrown a lot of pitches and the only winless pitcher on the side - and it hurts the dirty bastards offense big time having Bogaerts out, says Vin, but their pen has been looking better than ours, and I think that's what this game will come down to. The news about Bogey's injury was actually a relief as it could have been far worse. Him going out for the whole season or most of it really might have been a blow and affected the rest of the team's performance tonight, says Vin.

I think Sale gets his first win tonight and we get a chance to bounce back against a pitcher we've done well against in the past tomorrow. But I hope I'm wrong, said Vin.

He certainly might be. Severino has been good against the Sox and Sale only average against the Yanks. Only one way to find out.

Small Town Full of Angry Drunks -128

Hopefully he starts trending one way or the other.

Good Luck and enjoy the game everyone!

lol, i like the angry drunks,, bol stander

I saw Vin this morning and he likes the boys to bounce back tonight. They've got a long way to bounce, I said. They got their asses kicked last night. El Mal de Ojo (Severino) looked like his old self from a few years ago.

Yeah, sighed Vin. Sinkers in cold weather generally don't have good outcomes for the pitcher. It's like Paul O'Neil said last night - you get that sweat on the ball and it becomes a layer of ice. It's like trying to polish a turd. You can rub that damn thing till doomsday and you're still going to get shit. The pitchers just can't dig their fingers into the ball like they can when it gets warmer, and your stuff just isn't there. Last night, Boston was just waiting for the fastballs. And when you know what's coming, and you're a major league hitter, well, you're going to hit the ball.

And Sale looked really hittable last night - it was just one of those nights for our offense. Aaron and Giancarlo both hit well though, and that's encouraging. I think this team will be fine once it gets warmer, says Vin.

Tonight, we've got the Tanaka Tanaka on the hill facing Price. We've had his number in the past, says Vin, and I think we'll have it again tonight. Hopefully we take a lead into the latter half of the game and the bullpen responds with a decent performance and we get one back.

So stock up on the coffee and tums, you damn small town of full of angry drunks! The Empire Strikes Back tonight.

Yanks +103

Good luck and enjoy the game!

Your buddy Vin is money when he picks against his team...2-0 I think.... He really knows the Yanks.

Keep posting stander.

Your Bookies Worest Enemy XSPower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stander View Post
    I saw Vin this morning and he likes the boys to bounce back tonight. They've got a long way to bounce, I said. They got their asses kicked last night. El Mal de Ojo (Severino) looked like his old self from a few years ago.

Yeah, sighed Vin. Sinkers in cold weather generally don't have good outcomes for the pitcher. It's like Paul O'Neil said last night - you get that sweat on the ball and it becomes a layer of ice. It's like trying to polish a turd. You can rub that damn thing till doomsday and you're still going to get shit. The pitchers just can't dig their fingers into the ball like they can when it gets warmer, and your stuff just isn't there. Last night, Boston was just waiting for the fastballs. And when you know what's coming, and you're a major league hitter, well, you're going to hit the ball.

And Sale looked really hittable last night - it was just one of those nights for our offense. Aaron and Giancarlo both hit well though, and that's encouraging. I think this team will be fine once it gets warmer, says Vin.

Tonight, we've got the Tanaka Tanaka on the hill facing Price. We've had his number in the past, says Vin, and I think we'll have it again tonight. Hopefully we take a lead into the latter half of the game and the bullpen responds with a decent performance and we get one back.

So stock up on the coffee and tums, you damn small town of full of angry drunks! The Empire Strikes Back tonight.

Yanks +103

Let's go Yankees.... good luck

I will take the angry drunks for $100 Alex.
    I would rather have a grand-daughter working in a cathouse than have a grandson playing for the Yankees. Those that have no respect for the Flag, were never handed a folded one.

Quote Originally Posted by Aflacc View Post
    I will take the angry drunks for $100 Alex.
    So u come in just to say you're gonna play the opposite? haha

Stanton, Judge, & Sanchez all came alive in Fight Night in Fenway!

Nice call Vin

Vin was as animated as he could be when I saw him on my way to work this morning. He was talking to a few of the other older guys in the neighborhood (which is odd for this time of year as it's still too cold for them to be hanging out) talking about the game.

When I say animated, I mean that almost literally -- watching him and the other older neighborhood guys having a summer baseball debate is something - like an old postwar cartoon from the Golden Age, when baseball was truly the national pastime, women wore skirts, men were men (and women were glad of it.)

"The only rule that applies to sliding into second is that you can't go out of the baseline to make contact with a fielder," said Vin. "Austin didn't do that. He only came off the bag slightly - looked like normal inertia to me. I don't even think there's a rule about going high as long as you're in the baseline! I mean for Pete's sake, that's why every short stop and second baseman who ever played jumps after he tags the bag when there's a runner coming in hot!"

I listened for a few minutes to everyone talking about the fight and Judge and Stanton moving the ruck fifty feet trying to break things up. I'll have to admit if I was on a team in a bench clearing brawl and found one of those two in front of me, I would seriously think about finding someone else to hit.

"Yeah those two were trying to break things up, it looked like everyone else was too," said Vin laughing. "Austin and Kelly were the only ones throwing punches. You saw some of those old highlights - used to be in a Yankee Redsox brawl everyone was throwing haymakers! Wham! A haymaker!" Vin had a rolled up newspaper in his hand, shaking it vigorously - "wham! Another haymaker!"

It was like watching the original Bugs Bunny ranting about the Gashouse Gorillas.

After the "fights of yesteryear" rant, I commented that I was surprised Price got pulled after one.

They said he was having tingling in his hand, said Vin. Guys got elbow problems and he doesn't want to have surgery. Goddamn Angry Drunks almost got back in it though. I really think most managers would have brought in a reliever to try and get that last out in the fifth, but I guess Boone wanted to build the confidence with Tanaka and thought even if they got the grand slam our offense would keep putting up runs.

What about tonight I asked - Gray against Porcello? Vin's face fell a bit as he was still basking in the glow of yesterday.

Hmmm... tonight. I like the boys again.

My sipdey sense was up. Why?

Pancetta did well against us a few years ago but he did'nt last year, said Vin. Also, his pitches could be off tonight because of the temps and the ball conditions. He's a feel pitcher.

A what?

He's one of those guys who digs his fingers into the ball - his grip is everything. And they used a lot of pen last night after Price went out. Comparatively speaking, our pen is looking strong. I'm still worried about Chapman but hopefully he settles down.

And Sonny Gray is due for a good start and a win.

Biggest thing is - I think the offense has gotten into a rhythm. The big boys are smacking that ball around.

Smack! A homer! Smack smack smack - another homer!

Time to roll those angry drunks!

Yanks -105

Good luck everyone and enjoy the game!

I think you've missed your calling.......time to write a book. GL

~T~

stander..........BOL with you play buddy.........indy

Thanks for the comments guys!
    Good luck!

Good luck and thanks for sharing Vin's insights! A must read for Yankee games!!

The only thing Sonny Gray is due for is the minor leagues. What a stinker. Note to self, whenever Vin says the offense is clicking, look out - possible fade. Had a flash of hope for a rain out but saw the umps were determined to get the game in - well another L on the books. (I'll be shocked if they pick this game back up.)

Another Note: Yanks so far in the last game of a series: 1-3 with tonight's egg.

Anyone who hasn't read post 1: Vin is a lifelong Yankee fan who knows a lot about baseball. He is not a gambler. That's me. I'm hoping he is really good or bad, so I can make a few dollars following or fading. So far I'm just a bit to the good following.

So Far:

7-5 Gain/Loss: +1.49 (flat bet to win 1.0 per wager)

On to Detroit, I'm going to bed.

What a way to end the series, said Vin when I saw him. We got rolled by the drunks. And forget the minors, Sonny Gray needs to be sent to Carmine's to get a job the way he was serving up those meatballs.Porcello is a feel pitcher huh? He had a pretty good goddamn feel last night.You know, said Vin, suddely putting on a Yogi Berra face, after he sat the top of our order down real quick in the first, I just remembered that he spent a lot of time in Detroit at the beginning of his career so he will probably handle the cold just fine. I guess that was pretty important. Sorry.Yes, that is a bit of a factor to consider I said. Still Sonny Gray was throwing batting practice so it likely wouldn't have mattered if we were hitting him or not. Speaking of Detroit, I guess that brings us to tonight, I said - Jordan Montgomery against the Tigers in the City of Truth.Tigers are in a rebuilding year, said Vin. I don't know that much about them now. But Jordan Montgomery hasn't shown me a damn things so far. Sophomore slumo. The Tigers got swept by the Indians and Melky is getting a little long in the tooth. Besides, you can just pitch around him now. But the Tigers will be hungry. And we almost got no-hit last night, and probably would have if not for that rain delay. Fiers did well in his first start, and even though the papers say he's up against tougher lineup (Vin still reads the paper lol) looking to bounce back, u don't know how up for this the Yanks will be. Detroit Tigers +147Good Luck everyone and enjoy the game!

Will join this one...your buddy VIN hasn't missed any "against" play yet... hopefully it's not just a downer

Sorry. Detroit is the damn bad news bears. This team absolutely sucks. They couldn't beat Charlie Browns crew.

Shocking pick Yanks -1.5 -145
    Lotta juice. I hope El Mal de Ojo doesn't lay an egg.
    Raining cats and dogs here this morning but not it's nice and not too cold.

Hopefully field will be drained and it good condition.

Itll be in the 40s by game time and a little windy.
    GET THAT $$$

I saw the run line go to-129 earlier. Saw it at-155 this morning or was it last night. Hopefully it won't be nearly as cold as Boston last week and he'll be able to grip the ball and make his pitches. I always feel good about our bats facing left handers too. We should kill these bums.

Think we can close down this two-game stand with the Marlins tonight, I asked Vin this morning. We're going into a day off and that's generally not the best spot. NY teams have a tendency to go into a day off like a guy on his last workday before vacation.

Not this time said Vin. Missing those three games in Detroit changes the equation just a bit. The boys are hungry to play. Tanaka Tanaka is on the hill tonight - night game with with extra rest. Two pluses there.

What about the Marlins' kid, Garcia, I asked. He did pretty well against the Mets last week - 6 innings of no-hit ball. No hits in his debut 4 innings vs Philly.

True, said Vin. But he's a lefty and the Mets are left handed hitter heavy - good matchup for the kid on his first start. Cepedis is the only big bopper who's a righty. We've got one big right-handed cannon after another and Stanton went hitless last night. That's got to change. And when you're talking about a team that hits home runs, you can get 2-3 at a time. Besides, managers these days are careful with these young kids. They don't pitch them too much no matter how well they're doing. Garcia will go 70-80 pitches max.

Also, added Vin. I think he's got just enough confidence going into tonight to get lit up and humbled just a ittle bit. Baseball Gods can be like that.

Just a little bit?

Just a little bit.

Their catcher is coming back off the DL tonight. He's a player.

Realmuto - he's a damn good player, granted, but I'll take Tanaka, said Vin, and hope the pen can pitch around him.

What about the pen. Vin whenced. There are more than a few kinks that still need to be worked out in that pen. Miami had more than a few men on in the late innings last night.

If this game comes down to the pens, ours isn't good but their's is worse, said Vin. Yanks should get this done -early or late.

Yanks -1.5 -150

Good luck and enjoy the game. For some reason I've got a bad feeling about this one. Feels like a 2-1/4-3 game if the kid pitches well. Let's hope he doesn't and the Baseball God's knock him down a peg.

It's only high juice when you lose right?

Nice hit last night! GO YANKS!!!

Miami kid is good. I've got to start listening to those nagging doubts....