Forum: Baseball Forum - Post your picks or discuss anything related to betting MLB here. Sponsored by BetDSI - get your 300% bonus here, Only for RX Posters

Thread: Yankees Insider Picks

Can't say I didn't see this one coming. Same old Yankees. Don't weep teams and with a day off looming play half-assed.

8-7 Gain/Loss: -0.01 (flat bet to win 1.0 per wager)

Yanks in series finales (2 or more games) so far: 1-4
    Yanks going into a scheduled day off so far: 0-2

A few things about Yankee Stadium, Vin said I saw him yesterday. Besides this damn cold, it's like any park - wind is a big factor. Whenever the wind is strong towards home and we're hitting into it - balls aren't going over the fence and the outfield gobbles up those flies like a goddamn bullfrog and in short - the boys ain't winning.

What do you think about the upcoming Jays series, I asked. The Jays have been winning some ball games since we last saw them.

Vin grimaced. Well our 3-4-5 is going up against their 1-2-3. That's never a good thing. Tomorrow we get the Big Man off the DL to face Aaron Sanchez. CC would give you 5 innings when he's healthy and the sun is out to warm those old bones. Tonight - first night back in this damn cold windy weather (46-42 degrees, wind 14-20mph going toward the right outfield corner) - I don't trust CC. Older you get, the worse this damp cold afftects you.

Well, the wind isn't blowing toward home. Might get some right field homers tonight I said.

Or a lot of foul balls that would have been homers in good weather, said Vin. But I think Toronto will get to find out more about that when we have to start putting in the bullpen for the second half of the game or possible sooner. And I know Toronto is coming off a nice homestand in the dome but they're hitting, those bats are in a rythem. We're cold. Only Judge and Grigorious have been hitting for us. Everyone else is swinging a limp noodle up there.

Besides, Vin continued, Aaron Sanchez is a good right-handed pitcher, and with the way we're swinging the bats - well, i It's ike the wind and this damp cold - don't make me feel good. I think we could drop the first three games.

OK then, let's go Jays.

Good luck everyone and enjoy the game!

Jays +138

Jays were unlucky late in the game last night with the bases loaded. Unbelievable. I forgot the guy's name but he was swinging wildly - like a kid on a sugar-high swatting at a piñata. But that kind of thing happens is sports. A lot unfortunately.

Well, they've got a good shot at evening things up tonight. Word around here is Sonny Gray has been working with a new delivery, etc. "He should be practicing his pizza delivery," laughed Vin. "Another game like that disaster in Boston and that's what he'll be doing. Truth is though, he's been mediocre since he came here from the A's. True it seemed like the offense just couldn't score for him at first, but now it just seems like he's one of those guys we trade up for or pay and he just can't handle the bright lights and big city."

Estrada, the Jays righty, should be OK if he's healthy like they says he is.

So then, fade Sonny Gray and the pizza delivery.

Sure he could be scared for his job and turn it around. Or he could be nervous and tense and totally screw the pooch.

At Toronto +165, it's hard not to take that chance.

Good luck and enjoy the game!

Yanks -160

Vin's excited about seeing Torreyes today and the warmer weather in general. Bodes well for Severino's control today, said Vin. He should have his good stuff and be able to put pitches where he wants them. Garcia, on the hill for the Jays, is a soft-throwing lefty our bats should be able to get on top of.

Jays were unlucky yesterday, I commented. They had the bases loaded several times with one or no outs and Monty got out of it somehow.

That's how the games goes said Vin. We'll see how powerful that final game jinx is today.

Jays haven't dropped two in a row since we beat them the first two games of the opening series.

That too, said Vin. I just feel like things are coming together, said he.

Whenever he says that my spidey senses start tingling. So let's try playing on that final series game jinx and take the bait with that great price on those 13-7 haven't lost two in a row since the start of the season boys from the great white north.

Of course I'll tell Vin I bet on the Yankees.

Jays +213

Vin took a good hit of purple micro this a.m. Yanks by 3+ today. GL

~T~

You're right T. Should have listened. The boys are over .500 and I'm still hanging in. Twinny twin twin series up.

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone.

So far:

10-9
    +0.64

Fav bets to win 1.0
    Dog bets risk 1.0

Tonight we'll see if we've really turned the corner, said Vin. Hopefully Torres gets his first hit tonight and Andujar keeps rolling.

So Yanks going away I asked.

Not so fast, Vin said. I don't like this pitcher we're facing tonight - Odorizzi. Used to play for the Jay's and most always threw a good game against us. And Tanaka, we'll see where his head is tonight. He's put up two eggs in his last two starts. Not sure I can trust him right now. And the Twins are looking to break out of a slump. If I were you I'd leave this one alone.

So the Twins have a decent shot?

Depends on which Tanaka shows up.

Not a ringing endorsement of the Twinks so let's try a run line very

Twins +1.5 -119
    They're 9-4 as RL dogs and I think they're going to want this one.

Last night that ump really busted Odorizzi's balls, said Vin. He wasn't giving him the corners and was making him throw it right down the pipe.

I noticed I said.

What about tonight? Berrios is good.

He can't pitch the whole game, said Vin; and their pen is terrible. Ours is actually doing better. Besides, we're in a good rhythm and we own the Twins.

You trust CC?

As much as I need to, said Vin. When your hot, your hot.

We shall see.

NYY -150

RX Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stander View Post
    Last night that ump really busted Odorizzi's balls, said Vin. He wasn't giving him the corners and was making him throw it right down the pipe.

I noticed I said.

What about tonight? Berrios is good.

He can't pitch the whole game, said Vin; and their pen is terrible. Ours is actually doing better. Besides, we're in a good rhythm and we own the Twins.

You trust CC?

As much as I need to, said Vin. When your hot, your hot.

We shall see.

NYY -150
    That umpire should be suspended. I couldn’t believe the perfect pitches being called balls. It happend 3 or 4
    times with two strikes, ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by MedicalMaryJ View Post
    That umpire should be suspended. I couldn’t believe the perfect pitches being called balls. It happend 3 or 4
    times with two strikes, ridiculous.
    Believe it or not.......this happens all the time, every single game....every single day......every week........every month.....all year long. Nothing is going to change about it. Love the human aspect of umpiring. I can't believe they would even consider a "mechanical machine" to call balls & strikes. If that happens, i'll stop watching MLB.

Well, we tried to give it away last night, said Vin, but all was well. Betances looked like my nephew years ago when he got that damn Wii video game system. Ended up throwing the controller through the window.

But their bullpen is god-awful. And I could tell at the beginning of the game, Berrios' pitches our guys missed at first were over the plate - so eventually we were going to hit him. And we did.

And remember - CC always pitches well against the central. If he's going to give up any runs, it's usually in the first then he settles down.

Sonny Gray start on tap, Vin said shaking his head. The offense might get him a win though, you never know. And the guy starting for Minny - Lynn - he came from the Cards. We thought about getting but he ended up going there obviously. Never know how he'll come out. Might be looking to make a statement 'thanks for making me play in Minnesota you assholes...'

So, pass on the Sonny Gray start and look to play on the boys in the game after that (Monty.) Weather forecasts here make the game tonight look doubtful, so there might be a double tomorrow.

Tomorrow NYY -1.5 -105

Tough one. Yanks were lucky to win. The last game of a series jinx is real. But the hoodoo we have over the Twins is more real.
    Severino on the hill, the boys swinging the bats are young and the weather will be fine.

Yanks -154

Got drunk last night and didn't post. I know Yanks don't sweep but it's hard to bet against this team now

NYY -109

Tough to bet against the steak but Vin thinks it ends tonight at the hands of Sonny Gray.

Stros -150

Sonny didn't actually pitched really well last night, Vin said. Of course he benefited from the umpire giving a foot on either side of the plate last night too. Charlie Morton is good enough without giving him any extra - the guy was throwing curves that were outside but curving into the zone when the catcher caught the ball. Fucking guy needs to go back to the umpire academy, growled Vin. It's where the pitch crosses the plate not where its caught....

The Astros are just a bad match up for the Yankees, he sighed. You've got the team with arguably the best starting rotation in baseball who strikes out the most batters against the team where everyone swings for the fences and strikes out a lot... And that damn Minute Maid park is just a house of horrors for us.

Sometimes the bats just fall silent, he said, and then went back inside.

Stros -163

Quote Originally Posted by stander View Post
    Got drunk last night and didn't post. I know Yanks don't sweep but it's hard to bet against this team now

NYY -109
    Never been drunk a day in my life.......Nights, now that's another story, lol. GL, can't figure these boys out so far, bunch of race horses chomping at the bit, but then all of the sudden, a mule shows up at the plate. Don't think we'll know them until All-Star break to be open, honest and fair, LOL.

~T~

Your probably right. I just think the Astros have their number. Tomorrow Severino is going against Dallas Kuetchel who is having a down season Thusfar but had been a Yankee killer in the past. I'm with Vin that I think this team really will get rolling when the heat and humidity show up and balls start flying.

Good luck tonight.

We had no business winning that game last night, said Vin. But confidence is a hell of a thing. When Monty went out after one, German came in and just stepped up big-time. I kept waiting for the floodgates to open but they never did. Monty is having his elbow scanned today and German looks to be a very capable replacement.

Another thing to note is lots of fans and talking heads around town have been calling for Betances' head after a slow start. Well, Booney took him aside and told him that if we were going anywhere this year, it would be because of him. Last night. Lights out. Chad Green too. Lights out. Chapman. Lights out.

So, how about tonight.

Confidence. Severino on the hill. They can pitch but we can too. Keuthcel has had our number in previous years but he's having a slow start.

Perfect time to bounce back, said I; against a hated foe.

True, said Vin. But just think about it - how often do things happen at the perfect time? Confidence. 10 of 11. I like my team tonight.

So there we are. Probably won't see this price on Severino again. Wish I grabbed the -107 this morning.

Yanks -123

Will update the record tonight. Seems like it's been one step forward two step back for the past week or so....

stander...........like the play, on them with you.........indy

So far:
    15-12
    + 1.80
    -$ to win 1
    +$ risk 1

$

I really think Tanaka has a good chance to do the same think Severino did last night, said Vin. See this is the kind of thing that happens when you run your mouth to the papers. (The papers??? LOL!) The Astros have been going on and on about how they're the best team in baseball and the defending champs and the road to the World Series goes through them, yada yada yada... Well, so be it. We're going to go right through them.

What about the last game of a series jinx? What about the Yanks always half-assing it before going home, I asked. This is shit you always say....

Trash-talking has a funny way of trumping laziness and jinxes, said Vin. We win today and the message will be sent. And I think we're gonna win.

Yanks +112

Under 8 looks like a good bet as well (as it has been the whole series) but I've never had a lot of luck wiuth totals.