Search

hacheman@therx.com
Staff member
Tokens
Kiper and McShay's dueling two-round 2018 NFL mock drafts

• Mel Kiper Jr.
  • Todd McShay
ESPN INSIDER

It's Mel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay. It's two rounds of projected picks for the 2018 NFL draft. It's 128 possible prospect-team matches. It's ... almost time for the real thing.As a reminder, Mel and Todd are not making these picks based on their preferences; they're peering into the future and predicting what they think will happen during the draft.Mel's predictions for picks 1-64 don't feature any trades, but Todd projects two big trades for teams moving up in the first round to take quarterbacks. Those picks are denoted with an asterisk.Here we go, starting with the Browns, who have five picks in the first two rounds.
greyline.png
[h=2]ROUND 1[/h]
i
[h=2]1. Cleveland Browns[/h]
Kiper: Josh Allen, QB, WyomingAllen, my top-ranked quarterback, can sit behind Tyrod Taylor in 2018 and take the Week 1 snaps in 2019.McShay: Sam Darnold, QB, USCI've had Darnold here in all three of my mocks. Nothing he has done at the combine or pro day has changed my thoughts on this pick.

i
[h=2]2. New York Giants[/h]
Kiper: Sam Darnold, QB, USCDarnold won't have to play early, giving him time to refine his mechanics and footwork. Unless the G-Men get a trade offer they can't refuse.

[h=2]2. Buffalo Bills (from Giants via Bengals)*[/h]
McShay: Josh Allen, QB, WyomingA trade! I know, I am flouting Kiper's rules. Here's what I'm projecting:Bills get: Pick No. 2
Giants get: Pick Nos. 12, 22 and 53
I'm hearing a lot of buzz that a deal could happen between Buffalo and the Giants at No. 2. The strong-armed Allen fits the AFC East, and the Bills can be patient with him, as AJ McCarron can start in 2018. Allen has the highest upside of the quarterbacks in this class, but he might need the most polish.

i
[h=2]3. New York Jets (from Colts)[/h]
Kiper: Josh Rosen, QB, UCLAGeneral manager Mike Maccagnan didn't trade up to not take a quarterback. And starter Josh McCown will be 39 when Week 1 begins.McShay: Josh Rosen, QB, UCLAThis pick seems as if it probably will come down to Rosen or Baker Mayfield. Rosen is more polished, and if Maccagnan is OK with the character issues, Rosen is the pick here.

i
[h=2]4. Cleveland Browns (from Texans)[/h]
Kiper: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn StateCleveland gets its quarterback at No. 1 and some help for its quarterback at No. 4. Barkley is my top-ranked prospect overall.McShay: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn StateA dream scenario for GM John Dorsey, who gets his QB at No. 1 and the best player in the draft at 4.

i
[h=2]5. Denver Broncos[/h]
Kiper: Baker Mayfield, QB, OklahomaCase Keenum got only a two-year deal in free agency. Mayfield could take his job at some point ... and be the Broncos' starter for the next 12 years.McShay: Bradley Chubb, DE, NC StateI'm told Mayfield is a legit possibility here, but I think they'll pass if Chubb is still on the board.

i
[h=2]6. Indianapolis Colts (from Jets)[/h]
Kiper: Bradley Chubb, DE, NC StateEasy choice here. Indy needs pass-rushers, and Chubb is the best in the class.<strike></strike>​
[h=2]6. Miami Dolphins (from Colts via Jets)*[/h]McShay: Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
Another trade!
Miami gets: Pick No. 6
Indianapolis gets: Pick Nos. 11, 42
If Denver passes on Mayfield, I think Miami pounces and moves up to get him. Moving up wouldn't bankrupt Miami from a draft-capital standpoint. The Dolphins like Ryan Tannehill when he's healthy, but they can't trust him to stay on the field.

i
[h=2]7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers[/h]Kiper: Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State
Easy choice here, too. The Bucs' pass defense was woeful in 2017, and Ward is the best true corner in this class.
McShay: Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State
I'm with Mel here. Tampa Bay still needs help in the secondary, so the Bucs take the best man-to-man corner on the board.

i
[h=2]8. Chicago Bears[/h]Kiper: Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame
I thought about a linebacker here, but Nelson fills a big hole and should help Mitchell Trubisky.
McShay: Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame
Josh Sitton is gone, and Nelson would represent a big upgrade. This continues a promising offseason trend of Chicago giving Trubisky what he needs to succeed.

i
[h=2]9. San Francisco 49ers[/h]Kiper: Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama
Fitzpatrick could start at corner -- opposite Richard Sherman -- or safety for the 49ers, who have a young, talented front seven but need to fill out the secondary.
McShay: Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama
San Francisco would love if Nelson fell here, but CB is still a need. GM John Lynch will go for the best player available, and Fitzpatrick is the best player on the board.

i
[h=2]10. Oakland Raiders[/h]Kiper: Roquan Smith, ILB, Georgia
As the first pick in the (new) Jon Gruden era, Smith could become one of the faces of the Raiders.
McShay: Roquan Smith, ILB, Georgia
The Raiders have a choice between the high-motor sideline-to-sideline Smith and the less-polished but freakishly gifted Tremaine Edmunds. A tough call, but I'll go with Smith here.

i
[h=2]11. Miami Dolphins[/h]Kiper: Derwin James, S, Florida State
James could go off the board here. Miami gets a safety in the mold of Kam Chancellor.
i
[h=2]11. Indianapolis Colts (from Dolphins)*[/h]McShay: Derwin James, S, Florida State
The Colts pick up more picks to move back and add a really solid, versatile playmaker to line up next to Malik Hooker in the secondary.

i
[h=2]12. Buffalo Bills (from Bengals)[/h]Kiper: Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech
Edmunds might be the best athlete in this draft -- and he could play inside or outside linebacker in Buffalo.
i
[h=2]12. New York Giants (from Bills via Bengals)*[/h]McShay: Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech
With their first pick in the draft after the trade with Buffalo, the Giants get a versatile player who can play any linebacker spot in their new 3-4 defense. New York hasn't taken a first-round LB since Carl Banks in 1984, but Edmunds breaks the streak.

i
[h=2]13. Washington Redskins[/h]Kiper: Vita Vea, DT, Washington
Vea fills a critical need in the middle of the Washington defense.
McShay: Vita Vea, DT, Washington
Vea is a perfect fit for a defense that needs to get stout versus the run (last in league in run defense last season). James would be a possibility if still on the board, especially with Su'a Cravens gone to Denver.

i
[h=2]14. Green Bay Packers[/h]Kiper: Marcus Davenport, DE, Texas-San Antonio
As I noted in my Mock Draft 3.0, pass-rusher Clay Matthews will be 32 in May. Green Bay needs to find (and develop) his replacement.
McShay: Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa
Marcus Davenport is still a possibility here, but I think the Packers go with a tall, long CB in Jackson, who is a good fit in new defensive coordinator Mike Pettine's scheme.

i
[h=2]15. Arizona Cardinals[/h]Kiper: Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville
This is a change from my last 1-32 projection, when I went with quarterback Lamar Jackson. Now I'm going with his former teammate, who fills a big hole on the other side of Patrick Peterson.
McShay: Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville
Arizona needs a QB, but in this scenario, the Cardinals can't get any of the top-four guys. Alexander is a fast riser, according to people in the league, and could immediately compete for the No. 2 CB spot.

i
[h=2]16. Baltimore Ravens[/h]Kiper: Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
Snagging a new right tackle in Round 1 gives Baltimore an upgraded offensive line -- and helps quarterback Joe Flacco.
McShay: Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina
The Ravens need another playmaking pass-catcher, and Hurst fits the bill. I have Dallas Goedert ranked ahead of Hurst, but I think I'm in the minority.

i
[h=2]17. Los Angeles Chargers[/h]Kiper: Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama
The Chargers have a stellar edge-rushing duo in Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram, but they need better players on the interior.
McShay: Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama
Los Angeles could go with an offensive tackle here, but Brandon Mebane is 33, and the Chargers need to improve the interior of their defensive line. Payne is an immediate upgrade.

i
[h=2]18. Seattle Seahawks[/h]Kiper: Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa
Jackson and 2017 third-round pick Shaquill Griffin can help Seattle transition into the next phase of the Legion of Boom.
McShay: Marcus Davenport, DE, Texas San Antonio
Without Michael Bennett and Sheldon Richardson, pass rush is all of a sudden a big need for Seattle. Davenport is raw but loaded with talent and would fit the scheme.

i
[h=2]19. Dallas Cowboys[/h]Kiper: Rashaan Evans, ILB, Alabama
Evans could replace Anthony Hitchens at middle linebacker and help rush the passer on third downs.
McShay: Taven Bryan, DT, Florida
An interior pass-rusher with his best football ahead of him, Bryan has elite first-step quickness. He'd fit well in a D-line rotation in Dallas.

i
[h=2]20. Detroit Lions[/h]Kiper: Taven Bryan, DT, Florida
New coach Matt Patricia gets a highly talented piece to coach up. The Lions could also take the second running back off the board.
McShay: Sony Michel, RB, Georgia
A lot of buzz surrounding Michel right now. He'd be a great addition to the backfield with Matthew Stafford.

i
[h=2]21. Cincinnati Bengals (from Bills)[/h]Kiper: Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State
The versatile Vander Esch is surging. The Bengals added middle linebacker Preston Brown in free agency, but it's a one-year deal.
McShay: Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama
Evans is a stud. Vontaze Burfict's four-game suspension makes linebacker more of a need for Cincy.

i
[h=2]22. Buffalo Bills (from Chiefs)[/h]Kiper: Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville
With two picks on Day 1, Buffalo could trade up again. In this scenario, Sean McDermott & Co. get their quarterback of the future.
i
[h=2]22. New York Giants (from Bills via Chiefs)*[/h]McShay: James Daniels, OC/OG, Iowa
New York signed Nate Solder to be its left tackle and now solidifies the interior of the offensive line with Daniels, who could start at center or guard.

i
[h=2]23. New England Patriots (from Rams)[/h]Kiper: Kolton Miller, OT, UCLA
The Patriots added this pick in the Brandin Cooks deal. Miller has a high ceiling -- he was an under-the-radar prospect heading into the season. At 6-foot-8, 309 pounds, Miller could play left or right tackle.
McShay: Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
This deal gets New England in the position to take a left tackle. McGlinchey's NFL comp is Solder, so he'd make sense here.

i
[h=2]24. Carolina Panthers[/h]Kiper: Justin Reid, S, Stanford
I expect Reid to make my All-Rookie Team in 2018, wherever he ends up. He did it all for the Cardinal in 2017. Carolina could also target a defensive end.
McShay: Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama
Carolina still needs pass-catchers on the outside, and Ridley is a good value here.

i
[h=2]25. Tennessee Titans[/h]Kiper: Harold Landry, OLB, Boston College
Is Landry more like the dominant edge rusher he was in 2016 (16.5 sacks), or is he like the player who underperformed in 2017? He put up great numbers at the combine.
McShay: Harold Landry, OLB, Boston College
Landry has a ton of talent but didn't put it together last season. This might be a little bit of a reach, but Landry has explosive traits.

[h=2]26. Atlanta Falcons[/h]Kiper: Will Hernandez, OG, UTEP
Hernandez, a road-grading blocker, could be an immediate starter on a top-to-bottom roster that is one of the league's most talented.
McShay: D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland
The Falcons have a strong roster already but add a speedy wideout here as another option for Matt Ryan.

i
[h=2]27. New Orleans Saints[/h]Kiper: Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina
Coby Fleener hasn't done much in two years, and Hurst would be a clear upgrade. The NFC is loaded in 2018, and the Saints should be in the thick of it again.
McShay: Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State
My top-ranked tight end is a good value here and gives Drew Brees another playmaker.

i
[h=2]28. Pittsburgh Steelers[/h]Kiper: Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama
Pittsburgh has JuJu Smith-Schuster and Martavis Bryant (and Antonio Brown, of course), but Bryant is a free agent in 2019. This position isn't set long term, and teams need multiple pass-catchers. The Steelers could also look closely at a linebacker.
McShay: Mike Hughes, CB, UCF
Pittsburgh could use help in the secondary. Hughes might slip because he ran just a decent 40 time in Indy, but he's a ball hawk with good man-to-man cover skills.

i
[h=2]29. Jacksonville Jaguars[/h]Kiper: D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland
Moore could be the top receiver picked on Day 1. And he'll help in the return game.
McShay: Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville
Jackson could provide competition for Blake Bortles, who is on a cap-friendly deal.

i
[h=2]30. Minnesota Vikings[/h]Kiper: James Daniels, C/G, Iowa
Minnesota could look at guards or tackles with this pick. Daniels could move to guard for the Vikings.
McShay: Will Hernandez, OG, UTEP
Not a lot of holes on this roster, so Minnesota probably will look at the offensive or defensive line here. Hernandez will help shore up the O-line to protect the investment the Vikings made in Kirk Cousins.

i
[h=2]31. New England Patriots[/h]Kiper: Mike Hughes, CB, Central Florida
Hughes could be Malcolm Butler's replacement and the punt and kick returner on Day 1.
McShay: Ronnie Harrison, S, Alabama
A versatile defensive back, Harrison could be an eventual Patrick Chung replacement.

i
[h=2]32. Philadelphia Eagles[/h]Kiper: Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State
Zach Ertz and Goedert would form one of the best tight end duos in the league. Philadelphia could also try to beef up its defensive line here.
McShay: Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State
The Eagles have the luxury of drafting for value. This would be a great landing spot for Vander Esch, as Philadelphia could use his versatility.

[h=2]ROUND 2[/h]
i
[h=2]33. Cleveland Browns[/h]Kiper: Geron Christian, OT, Louisville
For the first time since 2007, Joe Thomas won't be the Browns' left tackle in Week 1. Christian is one of the most talented tackles in this class.
McShay: Connor Williams, OG/OT, Texas
The Browns need more help on the offensive line without Thomas lining up at left tackle.

i
[h=2]34. New York Giants[/h]Kiper: Derrius Guice, RB, LSU
If the Giants pass on Saquon Barkley on Day 1, they could snag the No. 2 running back of the class here. And I'm sure their new quarterback would be thrilled.
McShay: Derrius Guice, RB, LSU
The Giants get my third-ranked RB and another offensive playmaker for new coach Pat Shurmur.

i
[h=2]35. Cleveland Browns (from Texans)[/h]Kiper: D.J. Chark, WR, LSU
The 6-3 Chark ran a 4.34 40-yard dash at the combine. That's elite speed. Now, can he be more consistent with his route-running? This pick is based on projection.
McShay: Justin Reid, S, Stanford
Cleveland gets another versatile safety on the back end to pair with Jabrill Peppers.

i
[h=2]36. Indianapolis Colts[/h]Kiper: Connor Williams, OT/OG, Texas
The Colts need to hit on these three second-round picks. Williams would slot in at right tackle in this scenario.
McShay: Lorenzo Carter, OLB, Georgia
The Colts have plenty of needs, and pass-rusher is one of them. Carter gives more speed to this defense and helps with the rush.

i
[h=2]37. Indianapolis Colts (from Jets)[/h]Kiper: Donte Jackson, CB, LSU
Both cornerback spots are open in Indianapolis. The 5-10, 178-pound Jackson is undersized but has elite speed and athleticism.
McShay: Kolton Miller, OT, UCLA
Indianapolis must keep Andrew Luck upright to have a chance. Miller has excellent size and makes good second-level blocks.

i
[h=2]38. Tampa Bay Buccaneers[/h]Kiper: Ronald Jones II, RB, USC
The Bucs had one of the league's worst rushing offenses in 2017, and Muscle Hamster is gone. Jones is a threat to score on every touch.
McShay: Ronald Jones II, RB, USC
Running back is a glaring hole for Tampa Bay. Jones has home run potential with the ball in his hands.

i
[h=2]39. Chicago Bears[/h]Kiper: Lorenzo Carter, OLB, Georgia
Carter could sneak into the end of the first round. He could battle with newly signed outside linebacker Aaron Lynch for a starting spot.
McShay: Donte Jackson, CB, LSU
The fast CB (4.32 40-yard dash) would help give Chicago some much-needed depth in the secondary.

i
[h=2]40. Denver Broncos[/h]Kiper: Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia
Wynn played tackle in college but is only 6-2. He dominated defenders during Senior Bowl practices.
McShay: Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia
Wynn should move inside in the pros, but he has had an excellent postseason process. Denver needs O-line help.

i
[h=2]41. Oakland Raiders[/h]Kiper: Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado
Oakland should get much more out of 2017 first-round pick Gareon Conley this season -- he played only 89 snaps last season -- but the spot across from him is wide-open.
McShay: Jessie Bates III, S, Wake Forest
A fast riser after a great combine workout, Bates helps solidify Oakland's secondary.

i
[h=2]42. Miami Dolphins[/h]Kiper: Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan
Hurst was diagnosed with a heart condition at the NFL combine but was recently cleared by doctors. He's one of the best 3-technique tackles in this class.
i
[h=2]42. Indianapolis Colts (from Dolphins)*[/h]McShay: Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M
This pick goes to the Colts as part of my proposed trade to have Miami move up from No. 11 to No. 6 to get a quarterback. The Colts don't have much at wide receiver behind T.Y. Hilton. Kirk is dangerous with the ball in his hands and can return kicks.

i
[h=2]43. New England Patriots (from 49ers)[/h]Kiper: Sam Hubbard, OLB/DE, Ohio State
The Patriots' top pick in 2017 -- outside linebacker Derek Rivers -- tore his ACL in the preseason and never got on the field. This is a position that needs to be addressed in the draft (again).
McShay: Jerome Baker, LB, Ohio State
New England continues to shore up its D with an athletic, undersized weakside linebacker.

i
[h=2]44. Washington Redskins[/h]Kiper: Rashaad Penny, RB, San Diego State
Samaje Perine, a fourth-round pick last year, averaged only 3.4 yards per carry. Penny is a home run threat.
McShay: D.J. Chark, WR, LSU
Chark has had a terrific postseason process, and his speed (4.34 40) would give Alex Smith another playmaker.

i
[h=2]45. Green Bay Packers[/h]Kiper: M.J. Stewart, CB, North Carolina
This is the seventh cornerback off the board so far. Is Green Bay really counting on 1,000 snaps this season from 35-year-old Tramon Williams?
McShay: Brian O'Neill, OT, Pittsburgh
The most important player on Green Bay is No. 12. This is a pick to help protect him.

i
[h=2]46. Cincinnati Bengals[/h]Kiper: Harrison Phillips, DT, Stanford
Geno Atkins is under contract for only one more season, and the Bengals need depth at the interior of their defense.
McShay: Billy Price, C/G, Ohio State
Price tore his left biceps at the combine but should be back in time for offseason workouts. He'll help add depth to a Bengals offensive line in need of some.

i
[h=2]47. Arizona Cardinals[/h]Kiper: Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M
Kirk is a dynamic playmaker who could play in the slot, and he's a stellar return man.
McShay: Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State
Sam Bradford can't be trusted to stay healthy, and Arizona needs to take a shot on a QB early in this draft. The value proposition fits here.

i
[h=2]48. Los Angeles Chargers[/h]Kiper: Jessie Bates, S, Wake Forest
This is another pick to solidify the middle of the L.A. defense. Bates is rising after he tested well at the combine.
McShay: Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon
Another pick to help keep Philip Rivers upright.

i
[h=2]49. Indianapolis Colts (from Jets via Seahawks)[/h]Kiper: Sony Michel, RB, Georgia
That's three positions of need addressed in the second round. Marlon Mack, a fourth-round pick in 2017, showed flashes, but he averaged only 3.8 yards per carry.
McShay: B.J. Hill, DT, NC State
With their fourth (!) pick in this second round, the Colts get some much-needed help on the interior of the defensive line.

i
[h=2]50. Dallas Cowboys[/h]Kiper: Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn State
I thought about tight end in Round 1 for Dallas, which needs to plan for a future without soon-to-be 36-year-old Jason Witten. Gesicki isn't much of a blocker at this point, but he has the skill set of a 6-5 slot receiver.
McShay: Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis
With Dez Bryant's Cowboys future up in the air, Dak Prescott needs playmakers on the outside.

i
[h=2]51. Detroit Lions[/h]Kiper: Billy Price, OC/OG, Ohio State
Graham Glasgow could start at center or guard, which means the Lions have a hole to fill along the offensive line. Price, a four-year starter for the Buckeyes, tore his left pectoral muscle during the bench press at the combine but should be healthy for training camp.
McShay: Arden Key, DE, LSU
Key has the natural talent of a first-round pick, but his stock has dropped due to off-the-field concerns. The potential outweighs the risk at this point in the second round.

i
[h=2]52. Baltimore Ravens[/h]Kiper: Mark Andrews, TE, Oklahoma
Former second-round pick Maxx Williams has only 47 catches since being drafted in 2015. Andrews played essentially as a slot receiver for the Sooners, so he needs to develop as a blocker.
McShay: Antonio Callaway, WR, Florida
Even with the additions of Michael Crabtree and John Brown, another wideout would be helpful for Baltimore.

i
[h=2]53. Buffalo Bills[/h]Kiper: Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU
I love this pick for the Bills, who need better weapons for whoever plays quarterback in 2018. (I gave them Lamar Jackson in Round 1.) Zay Jones, taken in Round 2 last year, struggled as a rookie.
i
[h=2]53. New York Giants (from Bills)*[/h]McShay: Harrison Phillips, DT, Stanford
Remember: For me, this pick goes to the Giants as part of their deal with Buffalo, which moved up to No. 2 overall. The Giants need help on the defensive line to spell Damon Harrison and Dalvin Tomlinson. Phillips would be a good fit.

i
[h=2]54. Kansas City Chiefs[/h]Kiper: James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State
The Chiefs gave a big free-agent deal to Sammy Watkins, but they shouldn't be done. New starter Patrick Mahomes needs some help.
McShay: Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado
With Marcus Peters gone and no first-round pick from the Mahomes deal, Kansas City needs to hit on this pick. Oliver can help fill the void left by Peters.

i
[h=2]55. Carolina Panthers[/h]Kiper: Tyquan Lewis, DE, Ohio State
Surely 38-year-old Julius Peppers has to retire at some point, right? Lewis is inconsistent on tape, but he shows flashes of first-round potential.
McShay: Rasheem Green, DE, USC
Green is still raw but has excellent pass-rushing ability. He'd help on the edge for Carolina.

i
[h=2]56. Buffalo Bills (from Rams)[/h]Kiper: Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn
This is the Bills' fourth pick so far, and they have more holes to fill than the average playoff team. At 6-1, Davis is a big corner who could battle for the spot opposite Tre'Davious White.
McShay: James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State
Washington provides a good playmaker on the outside for Buffalo's new QB, Josh Allen.

i
[h=2]57. Tennessee Titans[/h]Kiper: Austin Corbett, OC/OG, Nevada
Tennessee could upgrade at all three of its interior offensive line positions with the versatile Corbett, who played tackle at Nevada.
McShay: Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU
Sutton would provide Marcus Mariota with another option in an offense that lacks playmakers.

i
[h=2]58. Atlanta Falcons[/h]Kiper: B.J. Hill, DT, NC State
Hill is a powerful player who had a good week of practices at the Senior Bowl. He could take some of the snaps that Dontari Poe played in 2017.
McShay: Maurice Hurst, D, Michigan
Hurst has been bumped down because of his heart condition, but he would be a great addition to Atlanta's defensive line.

i
[h=2]59. San Francisco 49ers (from Saints)[/h]Kiper: Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis
Miller injured his foot at the end of the season and didn't participate in testing at the combine. On film, he's a stud, though we don't know his true speed. San Francisco could use another playmaker outside.
McShay: Geron Christian, OG, Nevada
The 49ers have their QB; now it's time to help protect him.

i
[h=2]60. Pittsburgh Steelers[/h]Kiper: Uchenna Nwosu, OLB, USC
I mentioned linebacker as a need for the Steelers, and Nwosu was nearly unblockable down the stretch of the season for the Trojans. The edge rusher had eight sacks in his final six games.
McShay: Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn State
Gesicki crushed his combine workout and would give Pittsburgh another versatile option in an extremely talented offense.

i
[h=2]61. Jacksonville Jaguars[/h]Kiper: Jordan Akins, TE, UCF
That's two pass-catchers to help out Blake Bortles in the first two rounds. (D.J. Moore was my pick at No. 29.) The Jags added Austin Seferian-Jenkins in free agency, but it's a two-year deal with only $4 million guaranteed.
McShay: Jordan Lasley, WR, UCLA
Allen Hurns and Allen Robinson are gone. The Jaguars need some more receivers, and Lasley has first-round ability.

i
[h=2]62. Minnesota Vikings[/h]Kiper: Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon
With offensive linemen for the Vikings in their first two picks (center/guard James Daniels in Round 1), they can go with the best five players available. Crosby is versatile enough to play either tackle position.
McShay: Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn
Insurance if Trae Waynes or Mackensie Alexander doesn't pan out the way Minnesota hopes.

i
[h=2]63. New England Patriots[/h]Kiper: Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State
I expect Rudolph to be the sixth quarterback off the board, and it will likely come in the second round. New England doesn't have a developmental quarterback on its roster. This would be a good spot for Rudolph.
McShay: Anthony Averett, CB, Alabama
After adding Harrison in Round 1, New England doubles down with secondary help.

i
[h=2]64. Cleveland Browns (from Eagles)[/h]Kiper: Ronnie Harrison, S, Alabama
With their fifth pick of the draft, the Browns get a physical and underlooked defender who can play the deep middle of the field and help in run support.
McShay: M.J. Stewart, CB, North Carolina
Cleveland could use help at cornerback. The Browns would be thrilled with these two rounds of picks.
greyline.png
<aside class="inline inline-table">[h=2]Kiper's 1-64 projection[/h]
Pick No.TeamPlayerPositionSchool
1ClevelandJosh AllenQBWyoming
2NY GiantsSam DarnoldQBUSC
3NY Jets
(from IND)
Josh RosenQBUCLA
4Cleveland
(from HOU)
Saquon BarkleyRBPenn State
5DenverBaker MayfieldQBOklahoma
6Indianapolis
(from NYJ)
Bradley ChubbDENC State
7Tampa BayDenzel WardCBOhio State
8BearsQuenton NelsonGNotre Dame
9San FranciscoMinkah FitzpatrickDBAlabama
10OaklandRoquan SmithILBGeorgia
11MiamiDerwin JamesSFlorida State
12Buffalo
(from CIN)
Tremaine EdmundsLBVirginia Tech
13WashingtonVita VeaDTWashington
14Green BayMarcus DavenportDETexas San Antonio
15ArizonaJaire AlexanderCBLouisville
16BaltimoreMike McGlincheyOTNotre Dame
17LA ChargersDa'Ron PayneDTAlabama
18SeattleJosh JacksonCBIowa
19DallasRashaan EvansILBAlabama
20DetroitTaven BryanDTFlorida
21Cincinnati
(from BUF)
Leighton Vander EschLBBoise State
22Buffalo
(from KC)
Lamar JacksonQBLouisville
23New England
(from LA Rams )
Kolton MillerOTUCLA
24CarolinaJustin ReidSStanford
25TennesseeHarold LandryOLBBoston College
26AtlantaWill HernandezOGUTEP
27New OrleansHayden HurstTESouth Carolina
28PittsburghCalvin RidleyWRAlabama
29JacksonvilleD.J. MooreWRMaryland
30MinnesotaJames DanielsOC/OGIowa
31New EnglandMike HughesCBCentral Florida
32PhiladelphiaDallas GoedertTESouth Dakota State
33ClevelandGeron ChristianOTLouisville
34NY GiantsDerrius GuiceRBLSU
35Cleveland
(from HOU)
D.J. CharkWRLSU
36IndianapolisConnor WilliamsOT/OGTexas
37Indianapolis
(from NYJ)
Donte JacksonCBLSU
38Tampa BayRonald Jones IIRBUSC
39ChicagoLorenzo CarterOLBGeorgia
40DenverIsaiah WynnOGGeorgia
41OaklandIsaiah OliverCBColorado
42MiamiMaurice HurstDTMichigan
43New England
(from SF)
Sam HubbardOLB/DEOhio State
44WashingtonRashaad PennyRBSan Diego State
45Green BayM.J. StewartCBNorth Carolina
46CincinnatiHarrison PhillipsDTStanford
47ArizonaChristian KirkWRTexas A&M
48LA ChargersJessie BatesSWake Forest
49Indianapolis
(from NYJ via SEA)
Sony MichelRBGeorgia
50DallasMike GesickiTEPenn State
51DetroitBilly PriceOC/OGOhio State
52BaltimoreMark AndrewsTEOklahoma
53BuffaloCourtland SuttonWRSMU
54Kansas CityJames WashingtonWROklahoma State
55CarolinaTyquan LewisDEOhio State
56Buffalo
(from LAR)
Carlton DavisCBAuburn
57TennesseeAustin CorbettOC/OGNevada
58AtlantaB.J. HillDTNC State
59San Francisco
(from NO)
Anthony MillerWRMemphis
60PittsburghUchenna NwosuOLBUSC
61JacksonvilleJordan AkinsTEUCF
62MinnesotaTyrell CrosbyOTOregon
63New EnglandMason RudolphQBOklahoma State
64Cleveland
(from PHI)
Ronnie HarrisonSAlabama

<thead>
</thead><tbody>
</tbody>
</aside><aside class="inline inline-table">[h=2]McShay's 1-64 projection[/h]
Pick No.TeamPlayerPositionSchool
1ClevelandSam DarnoldQBUSC
2Buffalo
(from CIN)*
trade with NYG
Josh AllenQBWyoming
3NY Jets
(from IND)
Josh RosenQBUCLA
4Cleveland
(from HOU)
Saquon BarkleyRBPenn State
5DenverBradley ChubbDENC State
6Miami*
trade with IND
Baker MayfieldQBOklahoma
7Tampa BayDenzel WardCBOhio State
8ChicagoQuenton NelsonOGNotre Dame
9San FranciscoMinkah FitzpatrickDBAlabama
10OaklandRoquan SmithILBGeorgia
11Indianapolis*
(from NYJ)
trade with MIA
Derwin JamesSFlorida State
12NY Giants*
trade with BUF
Tremaine EdmundsLBVirginia Tech
13WashingtonVita VeaDTWashington
14Green BayJosh JacksonCBIowa
15ArizonaJaire AlexanderCBLouisville
16BaltimoreHayden HurstTESouth Carolina
17LA ChargersDa'Ron PayneDTAlabama
18SeattleMarcus DavenportDEUTSA
19DallasTaven BryanDTFlorida
20DetroitSony MichelRBGeorgia
21Cincinnati
(from BUF)
Rashaan EvansLBAlabama
22NY Giants*
(from KC)
trade with BUF
James DanielsOC/OGIowa
23New England
(from LA Rams )
Mike McGlincheyOTNotre Dame
24CarolinaCalvin RidleyWRAlabama
25TennesseeHarold LandryOLBBoston College
26AtlantaD.J. MooreWRMaryland
27New OrleansDallas GoedertTESouth Dakota State
28PittsburghMike HughesCBUCF
29JacksonvilleLamar JacksonQBLouisville
30MinnesotaWill HernandezOGUTEP
31New EnglandRonnie HarrisonSAlabama
32PhiladelphiaLeighton Vander EschLBBoise State
33ClevelandConnor WillimasOTTexas
34NY GiantsDerrius GuiceRBLSU
35Cleveland
(from HOU)
Justin ReidSStanford
36IndianapolisLorenzo CarterOLBGeorgia
37Indianapolis
(from NYJ)
Kolton MillerOTUCLA
38Tampa BayRonald JonesRBUSC
39ChicagoDonte JacksonCBLSU
40DenverIsaiah WynnOGGeorgia
41OaklandJessie BatesSWake Forest
42Indianapolis*
trade with MIA
Christian KirkWRTexas A&M
43New England
(from SF)
Jerome BakerOLBOhio State
44WashingtonD.J. CharkWRLSU
45Green BayBrian O'NeillOTPitt
46CincinnatiBilly PriceOC/OGOhio State
47ArizonaMason RudolphQBOklahoma State
48LA ChargersTyrell CrosbyOTOregon
49Indianapolis
(from NYJ via SEA)
B.J. HillDTNC State
50DallasAnthony MillerWRMemphis
51DetroitArden KeyDELSU
52BaltimoreAntonio CallawaWRFlorida
53NY Giants*
trade with BUF
Harrison PhillipsDTStanford
54Kansas CityIsaiah OliverCBColorado
55CarolinaRasheem GreenDEUSC
56Buffalo
(from LAR)
James WashingtonWROklahoma State
57TennesseeCourtland SuttonWRSMU
58AtlantaMaurice HurstDTMichigan
59San Francisco
(from NO)
Geron ChristianOTLouisville
60PittsburghMike GesickiTEPenn State
61JacksonvilleJordan LasleyWRUCLA
62MinnesotaCarlton DavisCBAuburn
63New EnglandAnthony AverettCBAlabama
64Cleveland
(from PHI)
M.J. StewartCBNorth Carolina
*indicates a projected trade

<thead>
</thead><tbody>
</tbody><tfoot>
</tfoot>
</aside>
<strike></strike>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chaicoca816
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com