Forum: Horse Racing Forum - Horse Handicapping Central. Grab your racing form and share some winners. Down the stretch they come.

Thread: 2018 Kentucky Derby Thoughts

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by wabashwonders View Post
    Quip will not run in the Derby and will go to the Preakness. The rumor is Gronkowski may not run either. Combatant is now in and Instilled Regard next if Gronkowski doesn’t run.
    Much thanks for the update....................do not believe Gronkowski has a chance, but he would have taken a lot of money his way.................just because of his name and the casual bettor............Quip was one of my tosses...
    ......So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide.
    ............All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us"

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenblack301 View Post
    Much thanks for the update....................do not believe Gronkowski has a chance, but he would have taken a lot of money his way.................just because of his name and the casual bettor............Quip was one of my tosses...
    I agree. I do like that Combatant got in because I have him in future pool 2 at 72-1.

Quote Originally Posted by wabashwonders View Post
    I agree. I do like that Combatant got in because I have him in future pool 2 at 72-1.

Nice................very nice.......will be rooting for you on that one

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenblack301 View Post
    Nice................very nice.......will be rooting for you on that one
    I bet a few more than usual on future plays this year hopefully it will pay off. Also got Mendelssohn at 31-1 in pool 1, which I thought was a big gamble when I bet it but looks good now. Just wish I had made the same gambles in pools 2 and 3 when he was 44-1 and 28-1.

Which horses carry that ever so elusive X Factor gene................They are...................

Audible
    Bolt D”Oro
    Free Drop Billy
    Good Magic
    Hofburg
    Justify
    Lone Sailor
    Mendelssohn
    My Boy Jack
    Promises Fulfilled
    Solomini
    Vino Rosso

Starting to get very interesting................

About the X Factor gene..................since the early 70's ............37 winners likely carried this large heart gene, according to their pedigree charts and physical characteristics...........

1973-1975 - yes
    1976 - no
    1977-1981 - yes
    1982-1983 - no
    1984 - yes
    1985-1986 - no
    1987 - yes
    1988-1989 - no
    1990 - yes
    1991-1992 - no
    1993-2000 - yes
    2001-2003 - no
    2004 - yes
    2005-2006 - no
    2007-2008 - yes
    2009 - no
    2010 - yes
    2011-2012 - no
    2013-2017 - yes