Forum: Community Contests - Find Community / Poster run Contests Here. Please Read Financial transactions warning.

Thread: 2018 NBA Playoff Contest ( Picks Thread )

  1. #51  
    Super Moderator Betallsports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    94,592
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceHal View Post
    The problem is you added an extra 2 points for him off my standings, which were already correct.

    ok, you are right. That's exactly what i did. took it from your post, thought his 3 unit play wasn't graded the 3

    Thanks
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #52  
    2017 RX CFB Contest Runner Up dnf0027's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    SportsBook
    Posts
    936
    Thanks for double checking work princehal, we're all humans here.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #53  
    Super Moderator Betallsports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    94,592
    Quote Originally Posted by dnf0027 View Post
    Thanks for double checking work princehal, we're all humans here.

    Glad someone else is watching
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #54  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    55
    Happy to help. Much easier to check these things right away than a week down the road.

    Hopefully once we get the contest up and out of the gate, things will fall in to place.

    Quote Originally Posted by Betallsports View Post
    Glad someone else is watching
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #55  
    Super Moderator Betallsports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    94,592
    4/17/2018 12:29:07 HotshotGambler 707 Milwaukee Bucks +2.5
    4/17/2018 12:50:19 joebatters 705 Washington Wizards +6.5, 705 Over 214.5 708 Boston Celtics -2.5, 708 Under 198.5 709 Over 214.5, 710 Portland Trail Blazers -6.5
    4/17/2018 13:13:48 Prince Hal 708 Under 198.5
    4/17/2018 13:16:34 irishcapper 707 Milwaukee Bucks +2.5
    4/17/2018 16:12:07 dnf0027 707 Milwaukee Bucks +2.5 710 Portland Trail Blazers -6.5 Bucks +2.5
    4/17/2018 18:37:46 cloverleaf 707 Milwaukee Bucks +2.5, 707 Over 198.5 709 N.O. Pelicans +6.5
    4/17/2018 18:45:21 easy_money 707 Milwaukee Bucks +2.5
    4/17/2018 18:51:35 Livin the Family Life! 706 Under 214.5 708 Under 198.5 710 Portland Trail Blazers -6.5
    4/17/2018 19:04:09 Betallsports 706 Toronto Raptors -6.5 707 Milwaukee Bucks +2.5 710 Portland Trail Blazers -6.5
    4/17/2018 21:12:47 Diesel00 709 Over 214.5, 710 Portland Trail Blazers -6.5
    4/17/2018 21:13:25 Diesel00 709 Over 214.5, 710 Portland Trail Blazers -6.5
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #56  
    Super Moderator Betallsports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    94,592
    Prince Hal 11-10..................11 pts // 21 picks

    cloverleaf 8-7......................8 pts. // 15 picks * 3 unit used ( loss )

    betallsports 7-6.................7 pts. // 13 picks

    Livin the Family Life 6-10.......6 pts. // 16 picks

    easy_money 5-5..................5 pts. // 10 picks

    HotshotGambler 3-6...........5 pts. // 9 picks * used 3 unit ( Won )

    joebatters 3-9.....................3 pts. // 12 picks

    irishcapper 3-6....................3 pts. // 9 picks

    dnf0027 2-4........................2 pt. // 6 picks * 3 Unit play used ( Loss )

    Diesel00 2-5 .......................2 pts. // 7 picks
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #57  
    Super Moderator Betallsports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    94,592
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #58  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    55
    Is there any entry deadline to this contest?

    If someone wanted to enter now, or a current player wanted to play a second entry, could they?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #59  
    Super Moderator Betallsports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    94,592
    4/18/2018 10:48:07 irishcapper 518 Cleveland Cavaliers -7.5 519 Utah Jazz +4.5 522 Houston Rockets -10.5
    4/18/2018 11:17:57 diesel00 517 Indiana pacers +7.5, 518 Under 211.5 519 Utah Jazz +4.5, 520 Under 206.5 521 Minnesota Twolves +10.5, 522 Under 214.5
    4/18/2018 13:01:08 joebatters 517 Over 211.5, 518 Cleveland Cavaliers -7.5 519 Utah Jazz +4.5, 520 Under 206.5 522 Houston Rockets -10.5, 522 Under 214.5 OKC/UTAH under 206.5
    4/18/2018 15:38:08 cloverleaf 517 Indiana pacers +7.5, 517 Over 211.5 519 Over 206.5, 520 Oklahoma City Thunder - 4.5 521 Minnesota Twolves +10.5, 521 Over 214.5
    4/18/2018 17:52:47 Livin the Family Life! 517 Indiana pacers +7.5, 518 Under 211.5 520 Oklahoma City Thunder - 4.5, 520 Under 206.5 521 Minnesota Twolves +10.5, 521 Over 214.5
    4/18/2018 18:12:27 Prince Hal 519 Utah Jazz +4.5, 520 Under 206.5 521 Minnesota Twolves +10.5, 522 Under 214.5
    4/18/2018 18:56:20 hotshotgambler 517 Over 211.5 519 Over 206.5 521 Minnesota Twolves +10.5, 521 Over 214.5
    4/18/2018 19:52:30 Betallsports 519 Utah Jazz +4.5, 519 Over 206.5 521 Over 214.5
    4/18/2018 20:33:34 easy_money 521 Minnesota Twolves +10.5, 521 Over 214.5
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #60  
    Super Moderator Betallsports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    94,592
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceHal View Post
    Is there any entry deadline to this contest?

    If someone wanted to enter now, or a current player wanted to play a second entry, could they?
    not sure, wouldn't it be too late at this point to let someone in ?

    is there an edge of some kind if someone was let in ?

    I would guess it would have to go to a vote
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #61  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    55
    I mean, the pool has been run very ad hoc, so I don't know. A couple people started playing on the 2nd or 3rd day with no complaint.

    Since that happened, I'm not sure why now would be too late, but I guess if it is, no big deal.




    Quote Originally Posted by Betallsports View Post
    not sure, wouldn't it be too late at this point to let someone in ?

    is there an edge of some kind if someone was let in ?

    I would guess it would have to go to a vote
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #62  
    Super Moderator Betallsports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    94,592
    Prince Hal 14-11..................14 pts // 25 picks .....

    joebatters 7-11.....................10 pts. // 18 picks * used 3 unit ( Won ) ......

    cloverleaf 9-12......................9 pts. // 21 picks * 3 unit used ( loss )......

    Livin the Family Life 9-13.......9 pts. // 22 picks.....

    betallsports 8-8.................8 pts. // 16 picks ....

    Diesel00 7-6 .......................7 pts. // 13 picks .......

    easy_money 5-7..................5 pts. // 12 picks

    HotshotGambler 3-10...........5 pts. // 13 picks * used 3 unit ( Won )......

    irishcapper 5-7....................5 pts. // 12 picks.......

    dnf0027 2-4........................2 pt. // 6 picks * 3 Unit play used ( Loss )
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #63  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    55
    What I've got for standings on the morning of 4/19 (unofficial, obviously):

    Prince Hal 14 pts. // 25 picks
    joebatters** 10 pts. // 18 picks
    cloverleaf** 9 pts. // 20 picks
    Livin the Family Life 9 pts. // 22 picks
    betallsports 8 pts. // 16 picks
    diesel00 7 pts. // 12 picks
    easy_money 5 pts. // 12 picks
    irishcapper 5 pts. // 12 picks
    HotshotGambler** 5 pts. // 13 picks
    dnf0027** 2 pts. // 6 picks

    ** -- player has already used 3-pt pick
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #64  
    Super Moderator Betallsports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    94,592
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceHal View Post
    I mean, the pool has been run very ad hoc, so I don't know. A couple people started playing on the 2nd or 3rd day with no complaint.

    Since that happened, I'm not sure why now would be too late, but I guess if it is, no big deal.
    not sure what you mean when you say the Contest has been run Very ad hoc ? the purpose was for a few guys to have a easy NBA contest
    there might have been a couple bumps in the road when grading, but I don't think it has gone bad ...

    Everyone but One guy came in a day or so after the playoffs started. and That's mostly because he didn't understand the Posts in the Sign up thread
    as you can view that Thread as he asked what he needed to do to play before it started, and asked for the information the day it started

    Do you want another entry ??
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #65  
    Super Moderator Betallsports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    94,592
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceHal View Post
    What I've got for standings on the morning of 4/19 (unofficial, obviously):

    Prince Hal 14 pts. // 25 picks
    joebatters** 10 pts. // 18 picks
    cloverleaf** 9 pts. // 20 picks
    Livin the Family Life 9 pts. // 22 picks
    betallsports 8 pts. // 16 picks
    diesel00 7 pts. // 12 picks
    easy_money 5 pts. // 12 picks
    irishcapper 5 pts. // 12 picks
    HotshotGambler** 5 pts. // 13 picks
    dnf0027** 2 pts. // 6 picks

    ** -- player has already used 3-pt pick
    one example is that Cloverleaf had 15 picks going into last night, he made 6 Plays last night, that 21 total, so you are off by One
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #66  
    Super Moderator Betallsports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    94,592
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceHal View Post
    What I've got for standings on the morning of 4/19 (unofficial, obviously):

    Prince Hal 14 pts. // 25 picks
    joebatters** 10 pts. // 18 picks
    cloverleaf** 9 pts. // 20 picks
    Livin the Family Life 9 pts. // 22 picks
    betallsports 8 pts. // 16 picks
    diesel00 7 pts. // 12 picks
    easy_money 5 pts. // 12 picks
    irishcapper 5 pts. // 12 picks
    HotshotGambler** 5 pts. // 13 picks
    dnf0027** 2 pts. // 6 picks

    ** -- player has already used 3-pt pick
    again Disel had 7 picks going into last night, he made 6 picks, that's 13
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #67  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    55
    By ad hoc, I mean there was no complete set of rules before the contest started. Things have been addressed as they have come up. Maybe 'ad hoc' is not the right term.

    No need on the other entry, it is not a big deal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Betallsports View Post
    not sure what you mean when you say the Contest has been run Very ad hoc ? the purpose was for a few guys to have a easy NBA contest
    there might have been a couple bumps in the road when grading, but I don't think it has gone bad ...

    Everyone but One guy came in a day or so after the playoffs started. and That's mostly because he didn't understand the Posts in the Sign up thread
    as you can view that Thread as he asked what he needed to do to play before it started, and asked for the information the day it started

    Do you want another entry ??
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #68  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    55
    I am pretty sure you're wrong on this. Did you double count the Diesel day where he entered Portland -6.5 two times? I only counted that as 1 pick, because it was obviously the same pick twice and an entry mistake.

    Cloverleaf -- you're right! He has 21. I double-checked and was wrong. Thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Betallsports View Post
    again Disel had 7 picks going into last night, he made 6 picks, that's 13
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #69  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    55
    Also, joebatters should have 10 pts, not 9, right? I know you had him in the standings yesterday for 3, but I'm pretty sure he had 4. Here are his correct picks since the start of the contest:

    MIN +10.5 -- G1
    MIN/HOU Under -- G1
    WAS/TOR Over -- G2
    BOS -2.5 -- G2
    UTA +3.5 -- G2
    UTA/OKC Under -- G2 ** 3 pts
    HOU -10.5 -- G2
    HOU/MIN Under -- G2

    That's 10.

    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceHal View Post
    I am pretty sure you're wrong on this. Did you double count the Diesel day where he entered Portland -6.5 two times? I only counted that as 1 pick, because it was obviously the same pick twice and an entry mistake.

    Cloverleaf -- you're right! He has 21. I double-checked and was wrong. Thank you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #70  
    Super Moderator Betallsports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    94,592
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceHal View Post
    By ad hoc, I mean there was no complete set of rules before the contest started. Things have been addressed as they have come up. Maybe 'ad hoc' is not the right term.

    No need on the other entry, it is not a big deal.
    I admit that the mix up was the Min & Max plays. I knew when i set this up there was a reason why I wanted to a Max, so that nobody just threw up a pick on every game, sides and totals.
    Otherwise is it really a handicapping contest of some type ?

    I just wanted an easy going Contest, easy to make picks, easy to grade and for a few guys to have some fun during the NBA Playoffs

    I know my head has been up my @ss the last couple of months, which you and I have talked about. I've also have some Health issues in my Family, which is no excuse
    Just thought this would keep my mind busy.

    Anyway ... if anyone thinks their record, number of plays or Points are off .... Let me know and I will dig it up.

    All plays are posted for each day.

    Thanks
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #71  
    Super Moderator Betallsports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    94,592
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceHal View Post
    Also, joebatters should have 10 pts, not 9, right? I know you had him in the standings yesterday for 3, but I'm pretty sure he had 4. Here are his correct picks since the start of the contest:

    MIN +10.5 -- G1
    MIN/HOU Under -- G1
    WAS/TOR Over -- G2
    BOS -2.5 -- G2
    UTA +3.5 -- G2
    UTA/OKC Under -- G2 ** 3 pts
    HOU -10.5 -- G2
    HOU/MIN Under -- G2

    That's 10.

    ok, went back and you are right, 10 pts
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #72  
    Super Moderator Betallsports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    94,592
    Prince Hal 14-11..................14 pts // 25 picks .....

    joebatters 7-11.....................10 pts. // 18 picks * used 3 unit ( Won ) ......

    cloverleaf 9-12......................9 pts. // 21 picks * 3 unit used ( loss )......

    Livin the Family Life 9-13.......9 pts. // 22 picks.....

    betallsports 8-8.................8 pts. // 16 picks ....

    Diesel00 7-6 .......................7 pts. // 13 picks .......

    easy_money 5-7..................5 pts. // 12 picks

    HotshotGambler 3-10...........5 pts. // 13 picks * used 3 unit ( Won )......

    irishcapper 5-7....................5 pts. // 12 picks.......

    dnf0027 2-4........................2 pt. // 6 picks * 3 Unit play used ( Loss )
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #73  
    Super Moderator Betallsports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    94,592
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #74  
    RX SemiGod
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    13,499
    If we can get in now, I'll join. Somehow I missed this contest.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #75  
    Super Moderator Betallsports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    94,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelangelo View Post
    If we can get in now, I'll join. Somehow I missed this contest.
    I think it would have to be up to the guys

    Like I said above, only reason why Joebatters was late was because he didn't know who or how to pay.
    he only missed a day i believe.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •