Forum: NBA Basketball Forum - Post your picks or discuss anything related to betting the NBA here.

Thread: this line is a joke

RX Senior
    ADDING

Warriors -1 (1st Q) (-125)

3.75 units to win 3!

RX Senior
    all lines are from 5dimes BTW!

lets go warriors!

Good luck.

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by varkeyboy View Post
    Good luck.

thanks, you too!

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter03 View Post
    ADDING

Warriors -1 (1st Q) (-125)

3.75 units to win 3!

easy easy easy... prob as easy as it gets.. warriors gunna lay it down on these guys.. they woke up a sleeping giant...

Great job Dex! Congrats on all the wins! You are on fire!

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Peters View Post
    Great job Dex! Congrats on all the wins! You are on fire!

thanks RP when ur hot ur hot, and when ur cold, well you know how it goes lol

RX Senior
    Thank you sir

RX Senior
    as much as I want to play warriors -1.5 2H I won't.. I personally think they dominate 2H. but wont force it!

lets just get this warriors W!

RX Senior
    I should have went with my gut for 2H.. oh well

RX Senior
    3-0 on the day.
    9-2 +35 units!

Nice work, Dex! Warriors spanked that ass.

RX Senior
    Nice work, Dex! Warriors spanked that ass.
    thanks vark, yes they did... can't wait to see warriors/rockets series price, any guesses? im thinking warriors -250?

thanks vark, yes they did... can't wait to see warriors/rockets series price, any guesses? im thinking warriors -250?
    Ya something like that....or Warriors -300.

RX Senior
    Ya something like that....or Warriors -300.
    I believe houston will have home court advantage, so who knows what the line will be at houston

I believe houston will have home court advantage, so who knows what the line will be at houston
    Yes, they do have Home Court advantage for sure. They are the #1 overall team in the NBA.

-300 prob too steep....-250 sounds about right. Maybe even -200-225.

RX Local
    It'll be like -160ish assuming both of these teams wrap these series up without injuries and in short order

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan1283 View Post
    It'll be like -160ish assuming both of these teams wrap these series up without injuries and in short order
    Im debating to wait and hope that rockets win g1 so then I can slam warriors for the series, or I could be $hit out of luck if the warriors win g1 and ill never see the original series price again. I strongly believe the warriors will beat the rockets pretty easily in a best of 7 series, provided no injury

RX Local
    If you really think a line is mispriced and a team is better then you should just bet it really. It's either value or it isn't, trying to time getting on the train right before it leaves the station is tough.

I think Curry's health is a legitimate question mark, he doesn't look great. But yeah, I got some futures on GS from the beginning of the playoffs. Once they played SA rd 1 instead of a tougher team, I thought their pathway got pretty easy.

Capela will be the key to that series, he gotta make GS pay for going small. He's improved a lot but that will be a tall order. Getting Mbah Moute back is nice too. I just think the overall talent disparity is still pretty wide. I think Houston has the right defensive scheme in terms of just rapidly switching every single action that GS runs, I think that is probably the best defense, just tough to have the individual talent to stop GS.

Harden/Cp3 do a great job staggering and making the game easier for one another, but don't necessarily compliment each other on the floor at the same time as well as GS guys do.

Rockets remind me of the Spurs in '03 a little in that they weren't really better than the Shaq/Kobe lakers but they were slowly built to beat them over a period of 3-4 years and finally caught them at the right time.

RX Senior
    If you really think a line is mispriced and a team is better then you should just bet it really. It's either value or it isn't, trying to time getting on the train right before it leaves the station is tough.

I think Curry's health is a legitimate question mark, he doesn't look great. But yeah, I got some futures on GS from the beginning of the playoffs. Once they played SA rd 1 instead of a tougher team, I thought their pathway got pretty easy.

Capela will be the key to that series, he gotta make GS pay for going small. He's improved a lot but that will be a tall order. Getting Mbah Moute back is nice too. I just think the overall talent disparity is still pretty wide. I think Houston has the right defensive scheme in terms of just rapidly switching every single action that GS runs, I think that is probably the best defense, just tough to have the individual talent to stop GS.

Harden/Cp3 do a great job staggering and making the game easier for one another, but don't necessarily compliment each other on the floor at the same time as well as GS guys do.

Rockets remind me of the Spurs in '03 a little in that they weren't really better than the Shaq/Kobe lakers but they were slowly built to beat them over a period of 3-4 years and finally caught them at the right time.
    perfectly said, do you think I could catch a better line for the series if I wait?

RX Local
    I mean, if they lose obviously the line will get better. But if you like GS to win then just pop them at -160 or -170. Maybe if the line is like -200 you would wait, but I don't see it being that high.

That stuff is tough to time. Hard and fast rule I use is that I never bet a team for the series after they win game 1 unless the circumstances are extenuating because I feel like I should've known they were the value before that game. So if GS wins game 1, the ship kinda sails a little.

RX Senior
    I mean, if they lose obviously the line will get better. But if you like GS to win then just pop them at -160 or -170. Maybe if the line is like -200 you would wait, but I don't see it being that high.

That stuff is tough to time. Hard and fast rule I use is that I never bet a team for the series after they win game 1 unless the circumstances are extenuating because I feel like I should've known they were the value before that game. So if GS wins game 1, the ship kinda sails a little.

exactly, I would hate myself if I waited and then they won game 1... but we ll see, might just take them to win it all... line is hovering around -120 ish now. dont see any team from east keeping it close with them

RX Senior
    1 play tonight

76ers ML (-250) Risking 7.5 units to win 3

I expect them to win by 10+, but will reduce my stress by taking ml

RX Senior
    line goes up...

so does my bet,

adding:
    76ers ML (-260) risking 7.8 units to win 3

Total of 15.3 units to win 6...

Lets get this W

RX Senior
    I don't understand this bet that much. Why do you like Philly here? I was thinking this could be a Celtics blowout. The 76ers have not shown me that they are capable of winning a game and certainly not a 10+ point win.