Cnotes 2018 wnba picks,trends,notes,news !

Search

Tokens
WNBA set to begin 22nd season
May 18, 2018

NEW YORK (AP) It's been a busy offseason in the WNBA since the Minnesota Lynx won the championship last year, beating Los Angeles in another thrilling final.

Las Vegas gained a team while New York changed arenas. Dallas saw the return of a huge inside presence with Australian Liz Cambage coming back to the WNBA after a hiatus. A third of the league changed coaches while another strong rookie crop led by A'ja Wilson and Kelsey Mitchell entered the league last month.

''There's so much excitement for our 22nd season,'' WNBA President Lisa Borders told the AP. ''So many stories to tell and so many great players to watch.''

The league begins play Friday night when Dallas visits Phoenix. All 12 teams will be in action on Sunday with the marquee game that day a WNBA Finals rematch between Los Angeles and Minnesota. The two teams have developed quite the rivalry over the past two seasons, having played for the title the last two years.

''Every game that we play, it feels like a championship game,'' Minnesota star Maya Moore said. ''That's when you know; when you play teams, and you have that kind of feeling. You sense, `This is exactly what a rivalry feels like.'''

While the Lynx and Sparks are still the class of the league, earning the top two spots in the preseason AP WNBA power poll , there are many teams poised to knock them off.

''This summer is going to be intense, because the margin for error is so small,'' Moore said. ''It's awesome. Don't be fooled; it's harder than it looks.''

Moore and Minnesota will try to end the league's repeat drought and win a record fifth championship. No team has won consecutive titles in the WNBA since Los Angeles did it in 2001-02. The Lynx have had three chances over the past few years, falling short in their repeat quest each time. With the stellar core of Moore, Lindsay Whalen, Seimone Augustus, reigning MVP Sylvia Fowles and Rebekkah Brunson all back - albeit a year older - the Lynx could end that streak.

Here are a few key story lines for the upcoming season:

VIVA LAS VEGAS:
The San Antonio Stars relocated to Las Vegas in the winter, giving the Nevada city its second pro sports franchise. The team, which is owned by MGM Resorts, had the No. 1 draft pick and added Wilson giving them a solid young post player to compliment a strong guard group. New coach Bill Laimbeer hopes to build the franchise into a perennial contender.

COACHING CHANGES: Laimbeer isn't the only new coach on the sidelines this season. His protege Katie Smith took over the New York Liberty, marking her first year as a head coach after being an assistant for the past few seasons in New York. Dan Hughes is back on the bench after taking a year off. He's in Seattle now. Atlanta hired Nicki Collen as the new coach after she spent a few years as an assistant in Connecticut.

WELCOME BACK: Cambage was only 19 when the Tulsa Shock drafted her and she acknowledged that the Oklahoma city wasn't the right fit.

''I wasn't happy in Tulsa. I was 19 and looking for a team that was going to support me and help me grow,'' said Cambage, who only played in 2011 and 2013 with Tulsa. ''I don't think that happened in Tulsa. I'm older now and more mature.''

When the franchise moved to Dallas a few years ago, the 6-foot-8 star began considering a comeback after her hiatus from the WNBA. A trip to the Texas city last May helped seal the deal.

''I'm so happy to be back and am ready to help this franchise take the next step,'' she said.

Cambage isn't the only player returning to the league this year. After sitting out last season to rest her body, Angel McCoughtry is back with Atlanta. The former All-Star will provide a lift on offense and defense. Phoenix also will see the return of DeWanna Bonner, who gave birth to twins last season.

FINDING A NEW HOME: After an offseason of uncertainty for the Liberty where owner James Dolan announced his intentions to sell the team, New York remains owned by MSG - for now. The team will only play two games at Madison Square Garden, its home for most of the franchise's first 21 years, with the rest being played in Westchester at a venue about a third of the size of the Garden.

New York hasn't made it out of the second round of the playoffs the last two years, earning first-round byes each time before getting upset in their playoff opener.

Tokens
Lynx atop preseason WNBA power poll
May 17, 2018

NEW YORK (AP) The defending champion Minnesota Lynx begin the season atop the preseason Associated Press WNBA poll - again.

The Lynx received nine first-place votes from the 14-person national media panel Thursday. It's the second time in the three seasons that the AP has been doing the poll that the Lynx were the preseason No. 1.

Lynx coach Cheryl Reeve thanked the media for showing her team ''that kind of respect.''

''We're confident that we have a strong group this year that will compete for another championship,'' Reeve said. ''At the same time, we know how difficult this league can be and we couldn't be more excited to start our historic 20th season in the WNBA this Sunday at Target Center.''

Los Angeles was second, garnering the other five first-place ballots. The Sparks and Lynx have faced off in the last two WNBA Finals and could easily meet for the title a third time this year. The Sparks were three points behind the Lynx in the preseason poll.

Minnesota is led by Maya Moore, who was the panel's preseason player of the year selection for the second straight season.

Moore highlighted the AP preseason all-WNBA team. She was joined by reigning AP player of the year Sylvia Fowles of Chicago, Los Angeles' Candace Parker, Dallas' Skylar Diggins, Phoenix's Brittney Griner and Washington's Elena Delle Donne.

A'ja Wilson, who was the first pick in the WNBA draft last month, was selected as the preseason rookie of the year.

Connecticut was third in the poll, followed by Phoenix, New York, Dallas and Seattle. Washington was eighth. Atlanta, Chicago, Las Vegas and Indiana rounded out the 12 teams.

The WNBA tips off its 22nd season Friday. The first regular season power poll will be released on Tuesday, May 22.

Tokens
Lynx set sights on back-to-back titles
May 11, 2018

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) Believe it or not, there is still another feat left for the Minnesota Lynx to accomplish once the season begins next weekend.

With four of the last seven WNBA championships, the Lynx are well-established as one of the league's few true dynasties. Their starting five has combined for 25 appearances in the All-Star game, a total limited by the event's absence during Olympic years. They've got gold medals and individual awards galore.

The Lynx, though, can become the only WNBA franchise with five titles if they're able to repeat in 2018. Being sized for rings in back-to-back seasons, well, there's another box left unchecked. They've only won championships in odd-numbered years, as if that were an actual knock against them.

''It's one of the motivating factors in the offseason as you're getting ready,'' point guard Lindsay Whalen said, ''but when the team is in here we're not really talking about it every day. I think we feel so solid in what we've done - of course we want to win and we want to repeat - that it's not something we're stressed on. That would be amazing and, really, like icing on the cake.''

Five-time All-WNBA forward Maya Moore, who turns 29 next month, is still the baby of the bunch. Whalen and power forward Rebekkah Brunson are 36, meaning they've each won three titles in their 30s. Shooting guard Seimone Augustus, who's 34, and center Sylvia Fowles, who's 32, have won two championships since turning 30.

So much for supposedly being passed their prime. These Lynx have become a bit like the middle school whiz kid with straight As who finishes the science test early and starts asking for extra credit assignments. They're the only franchise in the league's 21 years with six appearances in the finals. The now-defunct Houston Comets are the only other team that won four titles, all coming in the WNBA's first four seasons. The Los Angeles Sparks are the last team to repeat, in 2001 and 2002.

No wonder Minnesota is such a popular place to be.

The Lynx signed defensive stalwart Tanisha Wright out of semi-retirement, traded for three-time All-Star point guard Danielle Robinson and added six-year veteran Lynetta Kizer for depth in the post in an offseason overhaul of the bench. Fowles pushed for a trade to Minnesota in 2015, setting the table for the third of these four titles under head coach Cheryl Reeve, who was given the dual role of general manager over the winter.

''The players want to come play with these players, because these are some of the most humble superstars our league has ever seen,'' Reeve said, before adding a quip about the team's sparkling practice facility shared with the NBA's Timberwolves: ''What a beautiful retirement home we have here. You have your chef in the back. You've got your cold tubs. You've got all this amazing stuff. I hope we can continue our trend of sending veterans out winners.''

Whalen also recently started wearing another hat, too, as the head coach of the University of Minnesota team she once starred for. She rises early to check emails, heads to the arena by mid-morning for practice and then treks 3 miles to campus by mid-afternoon for administrative responsibilities and strategic planning.

''It's been kind of a new fun busy for me,'' Whalen said.

For Fowles, the 2017 Most Valuable Player, the new challenge will be maintaining that performance. She got used to that long ago, though, while growing up in Miami.

''Only because I had brothers,'' she said. ''You've got older brothers and you're the youngest, you kind of look forward to these things. I'm looking forward to the challenges. I'd like to see people change it up to try to guard me. It's been pretty interesting thus far. So who knows what's going to happen?''

Fowles is the only part of the core not around in 2011 or 2013 when the Lynx won their first two titles, but the makeup of the bench has changed often. This year, having Robinson and Wright to back up Whalen and Augustus should be a big boost, particularly defensively.

Robinson, who averaged a career-low 6.9 points per game for the Phoenix Mercury last season after missing all of 2016 with an Achilles injury, was elated by the move even though it came with a lessened role. She's still one of the fastest players in the league. Her nickname is ''Lightning,'' and Fowles dubbed herself ''Thunder.''

''They just welcomed me with open arms, every single person in here, even down to our chefs,'' Robinson said. ''So it's just amazing. There's no better place to be right now.''

The regular-season opener is at home on May 20 against the Sparks in a rematch of last year's finals.

Tokens
Griner sets sight on title, MVP
May 10, 2018

PHOENIX (AP) Brittney Griner is back from Russia and ready to go, with her eye on an MVP trophy and a WNBA championship.

The 6-foot-9 center, who has 10 of the 13 regular-season dunks recorded in the WNBA and is a four-time league All-Star, enters her sixth season in the league, and she says she's a long way from that lanky kid from Baylor who arrived for her first Phoenix Mercury training camp in 2013.

''Oh man, when I first walked in here I was green-eyed and, I don't know, thought the world as unicorns,'' Griner said on Thursday as the Mercury prepared to open training camp. ''Now I've just grown up, grown into a better player.''

Statistically, last year was Griner's best.

She became the first true center to lead the WNBA in scoring with a career-high 21.9 points per game, shooting 57 percent from the field. Her 2.5 blocks per game also led the league. A two-time WNBA defensive player of the year, Griner averaged 7.6 rebounds and shot 81 percent from the foul line.

She had a league-best six 30-point games last year, including a 38-point performance in early June that was the highest-scoring game in the WNBA last season.

She figures she's still a ways from her ceiling.

''I don't know. I never keep the cup filled,'' Griner said, ''so I'm going to try to keep working on stuff, even as I get older.''

Well, Griner isn't exactly approaching rocking chair age.

She's 27 and entering what usually is a basketball player's prime.

''Before practice, just working on new things,'' Griner said. ''You see NBA guys do something and it's like `Hey, let me try that.' People guarding you, the move you normally do, so you have to try to stay on your toes and try something different.''

Griner already holds WNBA records for blocks in a game (11), blocks in a season (129), blocks per game in a season (4.04) and blocks in a playoff game (11).

Her game was the same last season for UMMC Ekaterinburg in Russia, where she helped her team win the EuroLeague and Russian titles. The difference between the game in Russia and the WNBA is minimal. It's mostly the same people, she explained, although the players are well-treated.

''It's just easy. They make it easy,'' he said. ''The team over there, they make it as easy as you can make it. They take care of everything, car, translator, flying private. It's nice. It's like the NBA.''

It might be different elsewhere, but Griner said the Mercury treat her just fine, too.

The 6-foot-8 center, who has 10 of the 13 regular-season dunks recorded in the WNBA and is a four-time league All-Star, enters her sixth season in the league, and she says she's a long way from that lanky kid from Baylor who arrived for her first Phoenix Mercury training camp in 2013.

And playing overseas, as well as in the WNBA, is a necessity if a woman wants to make any money playing the game.

''Got to play year-round,'' she said. ''Got to make it. It can't be there forever, so you've got to make it where you can.''

Griner said he loves all the changes the Mercury has made.

''Man, we're loaded,'' she said. ''They went down the list and had everything we needed they just checked off the list and got it.''

Griner might have won the MVP had she not been sidelined for knee and ankle injuries sidelined her for eight games.

She has her eye on that MVP trophy now, though. No doubt about it.

''It would be nice to get one of those on the resume,'' she said.

Tokens
Ivy Leaguers trying to make WNBA
May 8, 2018

UNCASVILLE, Conn. (AP) Leslie Robinson joined an exclusive club when she was drafted by the New York Liberty last month.

The Princeton star is just the third player with Ivy League experience taken in the WNBA draft, joining former Harvard standouts Allison Feaster and Temi Fagbenle. While Robinson is a longshot to make the Liberty, she's happy to have the opportunity.

''It's been great to learn from everyone and has been a really good experience so far,'' she said.

Coming from a conference known more for its academic achievements, Robinson is one of four Ivy Leaguers on training camp rosters this spring. She's joined by Princeton's Blake Dietrick (Atlanta), Fagbenle (Minnesota) and Columbia's Camille Zimmerman (Minnesota).

Dietrick played in three games in 2016 for Seattle, and Fagbenle appeared in 21 contests last season for the reigning WNBA champion Lynx. Fagbenle played for the Crimson before finishing her basketball career at USC after she exhausted her Ivy League eligibility.

''The Ivy League definitely has gotten better,'' New York Liberty coach Katie Smith said. ''They are clearly smart players and while they may not be the most athletic, they figure out other ways to make up for it.''

Feaster, who now works for the NBA, was the first Ivy Leaguer in the WNBA. She helped No. 16 seed Harvard upset No. 1 seed Stanford in the first round of the 1998 NCAA Tournament and was drafted fifth by the Los Angeles Sparks.

''It's a source of pride whenever you see fellow Ivy Leaguers,'' said Feaster, who played in the WNBA until 2009. ''It's such a grind to be a student-athlete first and foremost and you understand a lot of these students have work study jobs too as well as the academics. They aren't the typical Division I student athlete by a long shot.''

Feaster said she recently talked to Leslie Robinson, whose aunt is former first lady Michelle Obama, about playing professionally.

''Playing professionally isn't the traditional track of an Ivy graduate,'' Feaster said. ''What I learned playing basketball domestically and internationally are skills and tools I use on a day-to-day basis.''

Robinson had no idea whether she'd get drafted. She was watching with her Princeton teammates and started to cry when her name appeared on the screen in the third round.

While she was fortunate to see her name on TV, her dad wasn't so lucky. Former Oregon State men's basketball coach Craig Robinson, who is now the Knicks vice president of player development and G League operations, missed it because the television in his apartment didn't have ESPNU. That channel carried the second and third rounds of the WNBA draft.

''I got a call from my wife who was in Milwaukee, screaming `Leslie got drafted'. My eight-year old was also screaming,'' Craig Robinson said. ''The entire Liberty organization is keeping their eye out on her, which really means a lot.''

Robinson's wife wasn't the only one who reached out to the Princeton grad and former fourth-round draft pick of the Philadelphia 76ers. He got a text from his brother-in-law - former President Barack Obama. An avid basketball fan, Obama went to Princeton's 2015 NCAA Tournament game in Maryland during Leslie Robinson's freshman year.

''The President called me once he heard and he must have been watching on TV,'' Craig Robinson said. ''He texted and called me before I could text him. My sister was on vacation out of the country, and I didn't talk to her until she got back.''

Leslie Robinson played Monday night in the Liberty's exhibition loss to Dallas. She had two points, two rebounds and drew a charge.

While it may be difficult for Robinson and Zimmerman to make a WNBA roster, they are gaining valuable experience.

''I'm trying to take in as much as I can,'' Zimmerman said. ''Trying to be a sponge.''

Zimmerman admits she was a Mercury fan while growing up in Arizona. She became a Lynx fan when the team played an exhibition game at Columbia her sophomore season.

''When they came to school, that's when I started really watching them,'' she said.

Now she's a member of the defending champions' roster, playing alongside Lindsay Whalen, Sylvia Fowles and Seimone Augustus.

''I can picture myself as a kid on the sidelines watching WNBA games and now I'm shooting with them and actually playing with them,'' Zimmerman said. ''I'm taking it one day at a time. I know the Lynx have a stacked roster and chances are slim, but I'm going to make the most of my chance.''

Tokens
Armadillo: Friday's six-pack

Odds to win the Super Bowl this coming season:

6-1 New England Patriots

8-1 Pittsburgh Steelers, Philadelphia Eagles

10-1 Los Angeles Rams

12-1 Minnesota Vikings

14-1 Green Bay Packers, Los Angeles Chargers

18-1 Jacksonville Jaguars, New Orleans Saints

Armadillo: Friday's List of 13: Random stuff with weekend here…….

13) I’d like to thank Ken Thomsen of SportsXRadio and Andy Iskoe for having me on as a guest last night on their excellent radio program.

You know what? If you go to SportsXradio.com, you can listen to an archived recording of the show. Even better? I’ll be on the show again tonight; sports talk radio at its finest!!! ��

12) Vegas Golden Knights are a great story, an expansion team that is six wins away from winning the Stanley Cup, but what about these Winnipeg Jets?

Before this season, the Atlanta Thrashers/Jets franchise had a combined record of 0-8 in Stanley Cup playoff games over their first 17 years. They’re a pretty good story, too.

11) We’re going to learn a lot more about Baker Mayfield this summer; HBO’s Hard Knocks will be covering the Cleveland Browns this summer.

10) NBA prospect Luka Doncic told reporters he’s still undecided about whether he’ll stay in the EuroLeague or join the NBA team that drafts him in June. He still has two games left in his season, so maybe he is just putting an announcement off until this season is finished.

9) First five picks in the 2008 NBA Draft:
1— Bulls-Derrick Rose
2— Heat-Michael Beasley
3— Wolves-OJ Mayo (traded to Memphis)
4— Sonics (Thunder)-Russell Westbrook
5— Grizzlies-Kevin Love (traded to Minnesota)
35— Clippers-Deandre Jordan

8) From 2007-17, Robinson Cano played 1,744 games at second base, the most-ever games by a second baseman over an 11-year span. Nellie Fox held the old record, playing 1,701 games from 1952-62.

7) If/when the Orioles trade Manny Machado, that will be the most pivotal transaction of the summer; Baltimore is 13-29, going nowhere, can they upgrade their future by getting some prospects for Machado, who is a free agent after this season?

6) Seattle Seahawks spent only $6.2M on their offensive line LY, least in the NFL.

5) Steven Souza Jr was miked during Sunday night’s game; we could listen to him as he played in right field. Think this is a wave of the future, trying to make the game more viewer-friendly.

4) How weird is it that part of this Michael Cohen/FBI investigation includes Ice Cube’s Big 3 half-court basketball league, and foreign investors in that league?

3) Who would’ve thought that on the morning of May 17, more than 25% of the way thru the baseball season, that the Dodgers/Marlins would have the same record? 16-26 ain’t good, but at least Miami was expected to be bad.

Dodgers beat Miami Thursday, are now 17-26, but they’re struggling badly.

2) I’m walking thru the Westgate Casino Wednesday night, going to get dinner and I walk right by Mark Davis, owner of the Oakland Raiders, who will be the Las Vegas Raiders in 2020 or 2021. This does not seem like the kind of hotel an NFL owner would be staying in.

Saw him again Thursday afternoon; there are people who live in the Westgate, maybe he is one of those people.

1) Best $8 I spent so far this week was for the WiFi on my flight west, which made the flight seem a lot shorter.

Tokens
WNBA
Long Sheet

Friday, May 18

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DALLAS (16 - 19) at PHOENIX (20 - 19) - 5/18/2018, 10:00 PM
Top Trends for this game.
PHOENIX is 15-35 ATS (-23.5 Units) in May games since 1997.

Head-to-Head Series History
DALLAS is 4-3 against the spread versus PHOENIX over the last 3 seasons
DALLAS is 4-3 straight up against PHOENIX over the last 3 seasons
4 of 7 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WNBA

Friday, May 18

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trend Report
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dallas Wings
Dallas is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
Dallas is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
Dallas is 2-8 SU in its last 10 games on the road
The total has gone OVER in 12 of Dallas's last 17 games on the road
Dallas is 7-15 SU in its last 22 games when playing Phoenix
Dallas is 3-15 SU in its last 18 games when playing on the road against Phoenix
Phoenix Mercury
Phoenix is 6-2 ATS in its last 8 games
The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Phoenix's last 9 games
Phoenix is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Phoenix's last 5 games at home
Phoenix is 15-7 SU in its last 22 games when playing Dallas
Phoenix is 15-3 SU in its last 18 games when playing at home against Dallas

Tokens
FRIDAY, MAY 18
GAME TIME(ET) PICK UNITS

DAL at PHO 10:00 PM

PHO -4.5

O 164.0

Tokens
Taurasi reaches 1,000 career 3s, Mercury win WNBA opener
May 18, 2018

PHOENIX (AP) Diana Taurasi scored 20 of her 26 points in the first half and became the first WNBA player with 1,000 career 3-pointers, helping the Phoenix Mercury beat the Dallas Wings 86-78 on Friday night in the league's season opener.

Taurasi's one of four players, joining the NBA's Damian Lillard, Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson, to reach the 3-point mark with less than 400 games played.

DeWanna Bonner returned after missing last season to give birth to twins, and had 17 points and 12 rebounds for Phoenix. Brittney Griner, coming off a championship in Russia, battled foul trouble and finished with 13 points. Newcomer Briann January added 10 points.

Liz Cambage, a top international player returning to the WNBA after four seasons away, made six of her first nine shots for 14 first-half points and finished with 18 for Dallas. Skylar Diggins-Smith also scored 18 and Glory Johnson had 12 points and eight rebounds before being helped off the floor with an apparent leg injury at the 6:11 mark of the fourth quarter.

Tokens
SCHEDULE FOR SATURDAY MAY 19, 2018
Time (ET) Away Home Site
1:00 PM Chicago Sky Indiana Fever Bankers Life Fieldhouse

SCHEDULE FOR SUNDAY MAY 20, 2018
Time (ET) Away Home Site
1:00 PM Indiana Fever Washington Mystics Capital One Arena
1:00 PM Las Vegas Aces Connecticut Sun Mohegan Sun Arena
3:00 PM Atlanta Dream Dallas Wings College Park Center
5:00 PM Los Angeles Sparks Minnesota Lynx Target Center
7:00 PM New York Liberty Chicago Sky Wintrust Arena
9:00 PM Phoenix Mercury Seattle Storm KeyArena

SCHEDULE FOR TUESDAY MAY 22, 2018
Time (ET) Away Home Site
7:00 PM Las Vegas Aces Washington Mystics Capital One Arena
7:00 PM Los Angeles Sparks Indiana Fever Bankers Life Fieldhouse

SCHEDULE FOR WEDNESDAY MAY 23, 2018
Time (ET) Away Home Site
12:00 PM Atlanta Dream Chicago Sky Wintrust Arena
8:00 PM Dallas Wings Minnesota Lynx Target Center
10:00 PM Seattle Storm Phoenix Mercury Talking Stick Resort Arena

SCHEDULE FOR THURSDAY MAY 24, 2018
Time (ET) Away Home Site
7:00 PM Los Angeles Sparks Connecticut Sun Mohegan Sun Arena
7:00 PM Washington Mystics Indiana Fever Bankers Life Fieldhouse

SCHEDULE FOR FRIDAY MAY 25, 2018
Time (ET) Away Home Site
7:30 PM Minnesota Lynx New York Liberty Westchester County Center
10:00 PM Chicago Sky Seattle Storm KeyArena

WNBA 2018 RECORD

DATE W-L-T % UNITS RECORD

05/18/2018 1-0-1 100.00% +500

WNBA BEST BET RECORD

DATE:...........................ATS....................UNITS...............................O/U.....................UNITS

05/18/2018..................1 - 0....................+ 5.00.............................0 - 0 - 1.................+0.00

TOTALS........................1 - 0.....................+5.00.............................0 - 0 - 1..................+0.00

Tokens
WNBA Preview Capsules
May 18, 2018

NEW YORK (AP) A team-by-team look at the WNBA. Teams are listed in predicted order of finish.

MINNESOTA LYNX

2017: 27-7, 1st place; beat Washington 3-0 in semifinals; beat Los Angeles 3-2 in WNBA Finals.

POWER POLL RANKING: 1st.

COACH: Cheryl Reeve, 9th season.

PROJECTED STARTING FIVE: G Lindsay Whalen (8.0 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 4.1 apg), G Seimone Augustus (10.9 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 4.0 apg), F Maya Moore (17.3 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 3.5 apg), F Rebekkah Brunson (10.2 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 1.5 apg), C Sylvia Fowles (18.9 ppg, 10.4 rpg, 2.0 bpg).

OUTLOOK: Minnesota won its fourth title in the past seven years, edging Los Angeles in five games. The Lynx have the same core back and will try to become the first repeat champions in the WNBA since the Sparks won titles in 2001 and `02.

---

LOS ANGELES SPARKS

2017: 26-8, 2nd place; beat Phoenix 3-0 in semifinals; lost to Minnesota 3-2 in WNBA Finals.

COACH: Brian Agler, 4th season.

POWER POLL RANKING: 2nd.

PROJECTED STARTING FIVE: G Chelsea Gray (14.8 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 4.4 apg), G Odyssey Sims (9.6 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 3.5 apg), G Alana Beard (6.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 2.2 apg), F Nneka Ogwumike (18.8 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 2.1 apg), F Candace Parker (16.9 ppg, 8.4 rpg, 4.3 apg).

OUTLOOK: The Sparks came within a game of consecutive titles only to fall short against rival Minnesota. The same nucleus is back as well as adding young Russian star Maria Vadeeva to the mix. It would be no surprise to see Los Angeles in the title hunt again.

---

DALLAS WINGS

2017: 16-18, 7th place; lost to Washington in first round.

COACH: Fred Williams, 5th season.

POWER POLL RANKING: 6th.

PROJECTED STARTING FIVE: G Skylar Diggins-Smith (18.5 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 5.8 apg), G Allisha Gray (13.0 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 1.5 spg), F Glory Johnson (14.9 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 1.6 apg), F Karima Christmas-Kelly (10.4 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 2.2 apg); C Liz Cambage (DNP).

OUTLOOK: The Wings made the biggest offseason acquisition getting Cambage to return to the franchise after sitting out the past four years. The 6-foot-8 Australian star gives Dallas a dominant post player on both ends of the floor. The Wings also drafted 6-6 Azura Stevens from UConn giving the team another solid post. Dallas has a strong shot to make a deep playoff run if the team jells.

---

NEW YORK LIBERTY

2017: 22-12, 3rd place; lost to Washington in second round.

COACH: Katie Smith, 1st Season.

POWER POLL RANKING: 5th.

PROJECTED STARTING FIVE: G Bria Hartley (7.8 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 2.1 apg), G Epiphanny Prince (12.0 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 2.9 apg), G Shavonte Zellous (11.7 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 2.8 apg), F Tina Charles (19.7 ppg, 9.4 rpg, 2.6 apg), C Kia Vaughn (5.8 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 0.7 apg).

OUTLOOK: New York made news off the court this season with all but two games being played in Westchester as opposed to Madison Square Garden. The Liberty also changed coaches with Bill Laimbeer leaving for Las Vegas and Katie Smith promoted to the head coach. The Liberty drafted UConn's Kia Nurse and added free agent Marissa Coleman to an already deep roster. New York has finished with the third best record the past two years, but failed to make it out of the second round each time.

---

CONNECTICUT SUN

2017: 21-13, 4th place; lost to Phoenix in second round.

COACH: Curt Miller, 3rd season.

POWER POLL RANKING: 3rd.

PROJECTED STARTING FIVE: G Courtney Williams (12.3 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 2.1 apg), G Jasmine Thomas (14.2 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 4.3 apg), F Alyssa Thomas (14.8 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 4.5 apg ), F Chiney Ogwumike (DNP-Injury), C Jonquel Jones (15.4 ppg, 11.9 rpg, 1.5 bpg).

OUTLOOK: The Sun were the biggest surprise of the season led by their breakout star Jones. They made the postseason for the first time since 2012 and now have Oguwmike back after she missed last season with an Achilles' injury. The toughest problem Miller may have is to figure out a rotation and find minutes for a deep roster.

---

SEATTLE STORM

2017: 15-19, 8th place; lost to Phoenix in first round.

COACH: Dan Hughes, 1st season.

POWER POLL RANKING: 7th.

PROJECTED STARTING FIVE: G Sue Bird (10.6 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 6.6 apg), G Jewell Loyd (17.7 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 3.4 apg), F Breanna Stewart (19.9 ppg, 8.7 rpg, 2.7 apg), F Alysha Clark (8.2 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.6 apg), F/C Crystal Langhorne (12.4 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 1.5 apg).

OUTLOOK: New coach Hughes has a lot to work with as the Storm have a talented trio of Bird, Loyd and Stewart. Seattle drafted UCLA guard Jordin Canada, who will provide more speed to the team. The Storm also added Courtney Paris giving the team another solid rebounder and defender in the post.

---

PHOENIX MERCURY

2017: 18-16, 5th place; beat Seattle in first round; beat Connecticut in second round; lost to Los Angeles 3-0 in semifinals.

COACH: Sandy Brondello, 5th season.

POWER POLL RANKING: 4th.

PROJECTED STARTING FIVE: G Diana Taurasi (17.9 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 2.7 apg), G Briann January (9.5 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 3.9 apg), F DeWanna Bonner (DNP-Pregnancy), F Camille Little (7.1 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 1.4 apg), C Brittney Griner (21.9 ppg, 7.6 rpg, 2.5 bpg).

OUTLOOK: Phoenix will see the return of Bonner, who sat out last season to give birth to twins. The Mercury also added January and Sancho Lyttle giving the team more veterans. The Mercury will try and get past the semifinals of the playoffs after losing in that round each of the past two seasons. A healthy Griner will be the key to their success.

---

WASHINGTON MYSTICS

2017: 18-16, 6th place; beat Dallas in first round; beat New York in second round; lost to Phoenix 3-0 in semifinals.

COACH: Mike Thibault, 5th season.

POWER POLL RANKING: 8th.

PROJECTED STARTING FIVE: G Natasha Cloud (4.4 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 2.9 apg), G Kristi Toliver (11.9 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 3.4 apg), F Monique Currie (10.8 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 2.1 apg), F Elena Delle Donne (19.7 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.6 apg), C Krystal Thomas (7.0 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 1.1 bpg).

OUTLOOK: The Mystics didn't make nearly as big a splash this offseason after acquiring Delle Donne and Toliver before the 2017 season. Thibault did add Currie, who will try and fill some of the void left by Emma Meesseman's absence. She's spending the season playing with the Belgium national team as they prepare for the women's world cup this fall.

---

ATLANTA DREAM

2017: 12-22, 9th place; missed playoffs.

COACH: Nicki Collen, 1st season.

POWER POLL RANKING: 9th.

PROJECTED STARTING FIVE: G Brittney Sykes (13.9 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 1.9 apg), G Tiffany Hayes (16.3 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 2.4 apg), G Layshia Clarendon (10.7 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 6.6 apg), F Angel McCoughtry (DNP-Rest), C Elizabeth Williams (10.4 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 2.0 bpg).

OUTLOOK: Atlanta receives a big boost with the return of McCoughtry, who sat out last season to rest after playing year-round since she was drafted. First-year head coach Nicki Collen has a solid young team that the All-Star forward will bolster. The Dream also added Renee Montgomery and Jessica Breland that will improve the roster's depth.

---

CHICAGO SKY

2017: 12-22, 10th place; missed playoffs.

COACH: Amber Stocks, 2nd season.

POWER POLL RANKING: 10th.

PROJECTED STARTING FIVE: G Courtney Vandersloot (11.5 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 8.1 apg), G Allie Quigley (16.4 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 3.6 apg), F Gabby Williams (DNP-Rookie) F Kahleah Copper (6.7 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 0.4 apg), C Stefanie Dolson (14.5 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 2.6 apg).

OUTLOOK: The Sky have a strong core with Vandersloot, Quigley and Dolson. The success of the team may depend on rookies Williams and Diamond DeShields to see if they can make the playoffs this year. It hasn't helped that Vandersloot and DeShields have missed camp because of overseas commitments in Turkey. Chicago also should have 2017 first-round pick Alaina Coates available this season after she missed last year with an injury.

---

LAS VEGAS ACES

2017: 8-26, 12th place; missed playoffs

COACH: Bill Laimbeer, 1st season.

POWER POLL RANKING: 11th.

PROJECTED STARTING FIVE: G Kelsey Plum (8.5 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 3.4 apg), G Kayla McBride (15.4 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 2.6 apg), F Kelsey Bone (DNP) F Dearica Hamby (7.8 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 0.9 apg), F A'ja Wilson (DNP-Rookie)

OUTLOOK: After finishing in last place the last two years, a move to Las Vegas could provide a boost to the fan base. Moriah Jefferson is coming off knee surgery and Laimbeer is not rushing her back. Isabelle Harrison is out indefinitely because of personal medical reasons leaving Laimbeer with a shorter roster. Wilson was definitely the consensus top pick in the draft and can be the face of the franchise for years to come.

---

INDIANA FEVER

2017: 9-25, 11th place; missed playoffs.

COACH: Pokey Chatman, 2nd season.

POWER POLL RANKING: 12th.

PROJECTED STARTING FIVE: G Erica Wheeler (11.8 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 4.1 apg), G Tiffany Mitchell (10.3 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 1.4 apg), F Candice Dupree (15.0 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 1.6 apg), F Natalie Achonwa (7.1 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.7 apg), F Erlana Larkins (4.9 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.1 apg).

OUTLOOK: The youth movement has started for the Fever with the addition of draftees Kelsey Mitchell and Victoria Vivians. They traded away Briann January and look to Wheeler to run the backcourt.

Tokens
Armadillo: Saturday's six-pack

Odds to win the Super Bowl this coming season:

100-1: Washington Redskins, Arizona Cardinals

80-1: Bengals, Browns, Bills, Jets, Dolphins, Bucs, Seahawks

60-1: Indianapolis Colts, Chicago Bears

50-1: New Jersey Giants, Baltimore Ravens

40-1: Denver Broncos

30-1: Detroit Lions, Carolina Panthers

Armadillo: Saturday's List of 13: Random stuff with weekend here…….

13) Solid food recommendation here in Las Vegas: Villa Pizzeria on Durango Drive. Really good pizza, and not expensive at all. Nice people work there and they had four TV’s in there showing the Golden Knights’ game. One of best pizzas I’ve ever had.

12) National League hasn’t won the season series from the AL since 2003; they’re off to a 37-16 lead so far this season.

11) Talk about how fragile life is: Texas governor Green Abbott uses a wheelchair. Why?

Back in the 80’s, when Abbott was a law student, he went out jogging one day and a tree fell on him, severely injuring his spine, which is why he has used a wheelchair ever since. What are the odds that someone goes out jogging and gets hit by a damn falling tree?

10) Major league record for most one-hitter thrown by one team in same season?

The 2015 Cleveland Indians threw six one-hitters.

9) Former Louisville AD Tom Jurich gets $4.5M from the school to take a hike. I mean, the guy got fired and still gets $4.5M.

8) Texas center Mo Bamba has a wingspan of 7-feet, 10 inches, the longest wingspan ever recorded at the NBA Combine.

7) Orioles won 7-4 in Boston Friday, snapping a 13-game road losing streak. Boston is 13-13 since starting the season 17-2.

6) QB Blake Barnett will be eligible to play ball at South Florida this year, after going to Alabama and Arizona State; he started the first game of Alabama’s 2016 season but was benched before halftime of their opener with USC and never got his job back.

5) In their history, NHL’s Washington Capitals are 3-5 in series when they grabbed a 2-0 series lead. By way of comparison, Montreal is 51-5 in series that they led 2-0.

4) Ohio State graduate transfer quarterback Joe Burrow has committed to finishing out his collegiate career at LSU; he’ll have two years to play in Baton Rouge. LSU beat out Cincinnati for the young man’s services.

3) NFL star JJ Watt is going to pay for all ten funerals of the people who were murdered in Texas Friday. Watt is a great football player but a way better person.

2) I’d be remiss if I didn’t say something else about the shooting in Texas Friday; as Americans, it is our duty to speak our minds, while we still have the right to do so.

It makes me want to puke to hear a politician invoke religion, or God, or “Sorry for your loss” after the 22nd school shooting this year. It is May 19, so in 138 days, we’ve had 22 shootings in a school. If you’re bad at Math, thats one every 6.27 days.

Hanging flags at half-staff means jack; tightening the gun laws would mean a whole lot more. Other countries have virtually eliminated these types of murders. Why can’t we?

1) Our politicians are so damn corrupt that even though ONE OF THEIR OWN SENATORS GOT SHOT last year, they are still in the NRA’s pocket. They should all be ashamed of themselves.

Tokens
WNBA

Saturday, May 19

Trend Report

Chicago Sky
Chicago is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games
Chicago is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games
The total has gone OVER in 6 of Chicago's last 9 games
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Chicago's last 6 games on the road
Chicago is 1-3-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Indiana
Chicago is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Indiana
Chicago is 5-1-1 ATS in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Indiana
Chicago is 8-14-1 ATS in its last 23 games when playing on the road against Indiana
Chicago is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Indiana
Chicago is 6-19 SU in its last 25 games when playing on the road against Indiana
The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Chicago's last 14 games when playing on the road against Indiana
Indiana Fever
Indiana is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Indiana's last 5 games
Indiana is 1-10 SU in its last 11 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Indiana's last 6 games at home
Indiana is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Chicago
Indiana is 1-5-1 ATS in its last 7 games when playing at home against Chicago
Indiana is 19-6 SU in its last 25 games when playing at home against Chicago
Indiana is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games when playing at home against Chicago
The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Indiana's last 14 games when playing at home against Chicago

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WNBA
Dunkel

Saturday, May 19

Chicago @ Indiana

Game 303-304
May 19, 2018 @ 1:00 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Chicago
Indiana
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Indiana
by 5
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Indiana
Pick
Dunkel Pick:
Indiana
Over

WNBA
Long Sheet

Saturday, May 19

CHICAGO (12 - 22) at INDIANA (9 - 25) - 5/19/2018, 1:00 PM
CHICAGO is 15-5 ATS (+9.5 Units) as a road favorite of 3 points or less since 1997.

INDIANA is 3-2 against the spread versus CHICAGO over the last 3 seasons
INDIANA is 4-2 straight up against CHICAGO over the last 3 seasons
3 of 6 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

-------------------------------------

SATURDAY, MAY 19
GAME TIME(ET) PICK UNITS

CHI at IND 01:00 PM

CHI +2.0

U 154.0

Tokens
Quigley, DeShields lead Sky over Fever
May 19, 2018

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) Allie Quigley scored 19, Diamond DeShields added 18 points in her WNBA debut, and the Chicago Sky beat the Indiana Fever 82-64 in the season opener for both teams Saturday.

Chicago led 36-34 at halftime and held the lead throughout the second half. Indiana got within 58-54 on Erica Wheeler's driving layup with 7:19 left in the fourth quarter, but the Sky went on a 10-2 run and led by double digits the rest of the way.

DeShields, the No. 3 overall pick in the 2018 WNBA Draft, was 7 of 11 from the field and made all four of her free throws. She played in Turkey this past winter foregoing her final year of college eligibility. Stefanie Dolson added 11 points and Cheyenne Parker scored 10.

Candice Dupree had 14 points, Wheeler added 13 and Tiffany Mitchell scored 11 for the Fever.

Courtney Vandersloot and Astou Ndour will rejoin the Sky after the completion of their respective international competitions.

Tokens
SCHEDULE FOR SUNDAY MAY 20, 2018
Time (ET) Away Home Site
1:00 PM Indiana Fever Washington Mystics Capital One Arena
1:00 PM Las Vegas Aces Connecticut Sun Mohegan Sun Arena
3:00 PM Atlanta Dream Dallas Wings College Park Center
5:00 PM Los Angeles Sparks Minnesota Lynx Target Center
7:00 PM New York Liberty Chicago Sky Wintrust Arena
9:00 PM Phoenix Mercury Seattle Storm KeyArena

WNBA 2018 RECORD

DATE W-L-T % UNITS RECORD

05/19/2018 2-0-0 100.00% +10.00
05/18/2018 1-0-1 100.00% +5.00

Totals...............3 - 0 - 0....100.00%....+15.00

WNBA BEST BET RECORD

DATE:...........................ATS............... .....UNITS...............................O/U.....................UNITS

05/19/2018..................1 - 0....................+5.00..............................1 - 0 - 0.................+5.00
05/18/2018..................1 - 0....................+ 5.00.............................0 - 0 - 1.................+0.00

TOTALS........................2 - 0.....................+10.00....................... ....1 - 0 - 1..................+5.00

Tokens
Armadillo: Sunday's six-pack

Odds to win the AFC this coming season:

3-1: New England Patriots

4-1: Pittsburgh Steelers

7-1: Los Angeles Chargers

9-1: Jacksonville Jaguars

10-1: Texans, Chiefs, Raiders

12-1: Tennessee Titans

Armadillo: May 17, 1979: Phillies 23, Cubs 22….a recap

On May 17, 1979, Phillies beat the Cubs 23-22 in 10 innings, in one of the strangest games ever:

13) Phillies were 24-10 at the time; Chicago was 16-16. Cubs had 26 hits in the game, Phils had 24.

12) The game was 7-6 Phillies, after the first inning. Somewhere, someone bet the under in this game.

11) Phillies starting pitcher Randy Lerch homered in the top of the first inning, never finished the bottom of the first. Both starting pitchers got only one out before being removed.

10) Pete Rose, Mike Schmidt hit 3rd/4th in Phillies’ order; they combined to score seven runs and knock in eight. Light-hitting Larry Bowa was 5 for 8 in the game.

9) Bob Boone was 3-4 with five RBI’s; his son Aaron is now the manager in the Bronx. Boone and Schmidt were both walked intentionally twice.

8) Reliever Tug McGraw faced 10 batters; seven of them scored. McGraw is the father of the great singer Tim McGraw.

7) 22 of the first 53 Cubs who came to bat scored, but Rawly Eastwick slammed the door shut in the last two innings, retiring all six Cubs he faced.

6) Donnie Moore faced 14 batters and seven of them scored, but he did hit a triple, one of his two career three-baggers.

5) Phillies led this game 21-9 in the 5th inning but Cubs tied the game off of Ron Reed in the 8th inning; Reed pitched 19 years in the major leagues and also played 119 games for the NBA’s Detroit Pistons from 1965-67.

4) Dave Kingman hit three homers for the Cubs; Bill Buckner knocked in seven runs, seven years before his infamous error in the ’86 World Series.

3) Phillies went home the next day and got swept in a 3-game series by the Expos. Chicago lost its next four games after this one.

2) 1979 turned out to be the only year in a six-year stretch where the Phillies missed the playoffs; they finished 84-78, the Cubs 80-82.

Phillies fired manager Danny Ozark late in 1979, hired Dallas Green and won the ’80 World Series.

1) Naysayers like to criticize baseball now but attendance that day was 14,952; when was last time the Cubs drew less than 15,000 for a home game?

Tokens
WNBA
Dunkel

Sunday, May 20

Las Vegas @ Connecticut

Game 601-602
May 20, 2018 @ 1:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Las Vegas
Connecticut
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Connecticut
by 3
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Connecticut
by 13 1/2
155 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Las Vegas
(+13 1/2); Under

Indiana @ Washington

Game 603-604
May 20, 2018 @ 1:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Indiana
Washington
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Washington
by 9
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Washington
by 12
Dunkel Pick:
Indiana
(+12); Under

Atlanta @ Dallas

Game 605-606
May 20, 2018 @ 3:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Atlanta
Dallas
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Dallas
by 3 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Dallas
No Line
N/A
Dunkel Pick:
Dallas
N/A

Los Angeles @ Minnesota

Game 607-608
May 20, 2018 @ 5:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Los Angeles
Minnesota
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Minnesota
by 3 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Minnesota
by 5 1/2
157 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Los Angeles
(+5 1/2); Under

New York @ Chicago

Game 609-610
May 20, 2018 @ 7:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
New York
Chicago
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
New York
by 7 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
New York
by 3
Dunkel Pick:
New York
(-3); Over

Phoenix @ Seattle

Game 611-612
May 20, 2018 @ 9:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
Phoenix
Seattle
Dunkel Team:
Dunkel Line:
Dunkel Total:
Seattle
by 4 1/2
Vegas Team:
Vegas Line:
Vegas Total:
Seattle
by 2 1/2
Dunkel Pick:
Seattle
(-2 1/2); Over

Tokens
WNBA
Long Sheet

Sunday, May 20

LAS VEGAS (0 - 0) at CONNECTICUT (0 - 0) - 5/20/2018, 1:00 PM
CONNECTICUT is 41-27 ATS (+11.3 Units) in all games over the last 3 seasons.
CONNECTICUT is 16-7 ATS (+8.3 Units) in May, June, or July games over the last 2 seasons.
LAS VEGAS is 8-1 ATS (+6.9 Units) as a road underdog of 12.5 to 15 points over the last 3 seasons.
LAS VEGAS is 10-2 ATS (+7.8 Units) as a road underdog of 12.5 to 18 points over the last 3 seasons.
LAS VEGAS is 11-2 ATS (+8.8 Units) as a road underdog of 12.5 or more points over the last 3 seasons.
LAS VEGAS is 76-51 ATS (+19.9 Units) in a road game where where the total is greater than or equal to 150 since 1997.
LAS VEGAS is 60-38 ATS (+18.2 Units) in road games against Eastern conference opponents since 1997.
LAS VEGAS is 60-38 ATS (+18.2 Units) in road games in non-conference games since 1997.

CONNECTICUT is 4-2 against the spread versus LAS VEGAS over the last 3 seasons
CONNECTICUT is 6-0 straight up against LAS VEGAS over the last 3 seasons
3 of 6 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

INDIANA (0 - 1) at WASHINGTON (0 - 0) - 5/20/2018, 1:00 PM
WASHINGTON is 312-371 ATS (-96.1 Units) in all games since 1997.

WASHINGTON is 5-2 against the spread versus INDIANA over the last 3 seasons
WASHINGTON is 6-1 straight up against INDIANA over the last 3 seasons
4 of 7 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

ATLANTA (0 - 0) at DALLAS (0 - 1) - 5/20/2018, 3:00 PM
There are no Top Trends with records of significance that apply to this game.

ATLANTA is 5-1 against the spread versus DALLAS over the last 3 seasons
ATLANTA is 4-2 straight up against DALLAS over the last 3 seasons
6 of 6 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

LOS ANGELES (0 - 0) at MINNESOTA (0 - 0) - 5/20/2018, 5:00 PM
LOS ANGELES is 27-15 ATS (+10.5 Units) in all games over the last 2 seasons.

LOS ANGELES is 9-7 against the spread versus MINNESOTA over the last 3 seasons
MINNESOTA is 8-8 straight up against LOS ANGELES over the last 3 seasons
11 of 16 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

NEW YORK (0 - 0) at CHICAGO (1 - 0) - 5/20/2018, 7:00 PM
CHICAGO is 4-13 ATS (-10.3 Units) in home games over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO is 4-13 ATS (-10.3 Units) in a home game where where the total is greater than or equal to 150 over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO is 2-9 ATS (-7.9 Units) in home games in May, June, or July games over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO is 0-6 ATS (-6.6 Units) in home games on Sunday games over the last 2 seasons.

CHICAGO is 3-3 against the spread versus NEW YORK over the last 3 seasons
NEW YORK is 4-2 straight up against CHICAGO over the last 3 seasons
4 of 6 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

PHOENIX (1 - 0) at SEATTLE (0 - 0) - 5/20/2018, 9:00 PM
PHOENIX is 16-35 ATS (-22.5 Units) in May games since 1997.
SEATTLE is 121-83 ATS (+29.7 Units) in home games vs. division opponents since 1997.
PHOENIX is 15-6 ATS (+8.4 Units) on Sunday games over the last 3 seasons.

PHOENIX is 4-3 against the spread versus SEATTLE over the last 3 seasons
PHOENIX is 4-3 straight up against SEATTLE over the last 3 seasons
4 of 7 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

Tokens
WNBA

Sunday, May 20

Trend Report

Las Vegas Aces
Las Vegas is 7-3 ATS in its last 10 games
Las Vegas is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
Las Vegas is 13-6 ATS in its last 19 games on the road
Las Vegas is 2-16 SU in its last 18 games on the road
Las Vegas is 2-6-1 ATS in its last 9 games when playing Connecticut
Las Vegas is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing Connecticut
Las Vegas is 6-2 ATS in its last 8 games when playing on the road against Connecticut
Las Vegas is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Connecticut
Connecticut Sun
Connecticut is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games
Connecticut is 15-7 SU in its last 22 games
Connecticut is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
Connecticut is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Connecticut is 10-3 SU in its last 13 games at home
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Connecticut's last 6 games at home
Connecticut is 6-2-1 ATS in its last 9 games when playing Las Vegas
Connecticut is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Las Vegas
Connecticut is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games when playing at home against Las Vegas
Connecticut is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games when playing at home against Las Vegas

Indiana Fever
Indiana is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Indiana's last 5 games
Indiana is 6-11-1 ATS in its last 18 games on the road
Indiana is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road
Indiana is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games when playing Washington
Indiana is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games when playing Washington
Indiana is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Washington
Indiana is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Washington
The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Indiana's last 15 games when playing on the road against Washington
Washington Mystics
Washington is 4-9 ATS in its last 13 games
Washington is 3-7 SU in its last 10 games
The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Washington's last 10 games
Washington is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games at home
Washington is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Washington's last 5 games at home
Washington is 6-2 ATS in its last 8 games when playing Indiana
Washington is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games when playing Indiana
Washington is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing at home against Indiana
Washington is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Indiana
The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Washington's last 15 games when playing at home against Indiana

Atlanta Dream
Atlanta is 2-11 ATS in its last 13 games
Atlanta is 2-11 SU in its last 13 games
Atlanta is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
Atlanta is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Atlanta's last 6 games on the road
Atlanta is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games when playing Dallas
Atlanta is 13-5 SU in its last 18 games when playing Dallas
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Atlanta's last 5 games when playing Dallas
Atlanta is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Dallas
Atlanta is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games when playing on the road against Dallas
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Atlanta's last 5 games when playing on the road against Dallas
Dallas Wings
Dallas is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games
Dallas is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
The total has gone OVER in 6 of Dallas's last 9 games
Dallas is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games at home
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Dallas's last 6 games at home
Dallas is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games when playing Atlanta
Dallas is 5-13 SU in its last 18 games when playing Atlanta
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Dallas's last 5 games when playing Atlanta
Dallas is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing at home against Atlanta
Dallas is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games when playing at home against Atlanta
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Dallas's last 5 games when playing at home against Atlanta

Los Angeles Sparks
Los Angeles is 12-3 ATS in its last 15 games
Los Angeles is 12-3 SU in its last 15 games
The total has gone UNDER in 13 of Los Angeles's last 18 games
Los Angeles is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
Los Angeles is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games on the road
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Los Angeles's last 6 games on the road
Los Angeles is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games when playing Minnesota
The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Los Angeles's last 9 games when playing Minnesota
Los Angeles is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Minnesota
Los Angeles is 6-17 SU in its last 23 games when playing on the road against Minnesota
The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Los Angeles's last 8 games when playing on the road against Minnesota
Minnesota Lynx
Minnesota is 9-2 SU in its last 11 games
The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Minnesota's last 6 games
Minnesota is 6-3 ATS in its last 9 games at home
Minnesota is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games at home
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Minnesota's last 5 games at home
Minnesota is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games when playing Los Angeles
The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Minnesota's last 9 games when playing Los Angeles
Minnesota is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing at home against Los Angeles
Minnesota is 17-6 SU in its last 23 games when playing at home against Los Angeles
The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Minnesota's last 8 games when playing at home against Los Angeles

Phoenix Mercury
Phoenix is 7-2 ATS in its last 9 games
Phoenix is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Phoenix's last 5 games
Phoenix is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
Phoenix is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games on the road
The total has gone OVER in 17 of Phoenix's last 24 games on the road
Phoenix is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Seattle
Phoenix is 13-3 SU in its last 16 games when playing Seattle
Phoenix is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Seattle
Phoenix is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Seattle
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Phoenix's last 5 games when playing on the road against Seattle
Seattle Storm
Seattle is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
Seattle is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
Seattle is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games at home
Seattle is 15-7 SU in its last 22 games at home
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Seattle's last 6 games at home
Seattle is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Phoenix
Seattle is 3-13 SU in its last 16 games when playing Phoenix
Seattle is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games when playing at home against Phoenix
Seattle is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games when playing at home against Phoenix
The total has gone OVER in 4 of Seattle's last 5 games when playing at home against Phoenix

Tokens
Mystics begin season at home against Fever

The Washington Mystics open their 2018 WNBA season with high expectations and will put those to the test against the Indiana Fever on Sunday afternoon at the Capital One Center in Washington, D.C., for the first of three regular-season games.

The Fever opened Saturday, losing 82-64 at home to the Chicago Sky.

Washington compiled an 18-16 record in 2017 and advanced to the league semifinals before losing to the Minnesota Lynx. The Mystics retained the nucleus from that squad, including Elena Delle Donne, Kristi Toliver and Tierra Ruffin-Pratt, and brought in a handful of other talented players to help propel them to the top of the league.

The Mystics are still waiting on Tayler Hill, LaToya Sanders and Ruffin-Pratt (who should be active for the season opener) to return to full health.

Rookie additions Ariel Atkins and Myisha Hines-Allen have impressed in training camp, and 2017 first-round pick Shatori Walker-Kimbrough continues to improve.

Washington will focus on playing with pace and getting valuable shots, which for the Mystics translates to 3-point looks and shots close to the basket. It's a tight-knit group, and the players think their closeness will transfer to the court.

"Last year, it was like a first date, no one wants to step on each other's toes, just getting to know each other," Delle Donne said. "This year, it's just family. Such a different vibe, we can feel it on the court. We're not afraid to make mistakes, there's a lot of energy, and much better communication."

The Mystics will have to adapt to playing without Emma Meesseman, who decided to skip this season because of Belgian national team commitments and a bit of burnout. She has arguably been the best player on the team for much of her five years with the franchise, and she and Delle Donne were a dynamite and dangerous frontcourt duo.

To make up for Meesseman's absence, Washington signed former Mystics player Monique Currie and hope to slide her into the shooting forward spot.

Washington coach Mike Thibault said he's going to rely heavily on Currie to score at least 10 points a night and to provide key veteran leadership.

"There's things Mo's learned at other places that are a little bit different that she can bring to us and help younger teammates with," Thibault said. "She can step back from the process a little bit. That's where her voice will be important on and off the court."

Indiana (0-1) will have to regroup and do so quickly after its season-opening loss on Saturday.

The Fever gets right back on the court Sunday for their first road game and continues a brutal beginning stretch of the season that includes four more games in the next seven days.

Candice Dupree led the Fever with 14 points and eight rebounds in the loss at home to Chicago, Erica Wheeler added 13 points and Tiffany Mitchell hit for 11.

The Fever shot just 37 percent in the loss, hit just 3 of 15 3-point attempts, and were outrebounded 44-32. Indiana had just five turnovers in the game -- and only two of those came from their starters.

Pokey Chatman's second season as Indiana's coach could not be much worse than her first, which ended with a 9-25 mark and snapped the Fever's record 12-year streak of playoff appearances.

"I think buy-in is the biggest thing," Dupree said before Saturday's season opener. "We didn't necessarily have that from the entire team last season. It's tough to win games if people aren't going to do what the coach asks them to do or what coach wants. This year, they're eager to learn to play."

Eight of the 12 players on Indiana's roster are 25 years old or younger.

"They're just hungry, and they're excited to learn," Chatman said. "They give life to me when I come to the gym."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mu88forum
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com