Forum: Costa Rica and Offshore Bookie Chit Chat - Offshore Sportsbook Work Scene Info, Afterhour Events, and subjects of interest to our Costa Rican posters. No porn allowed.

Thread: Need Costa Rica TV Advice Please

  1. #1 Need Costa Rica TV Advice Please 
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Closer and Closer to Costa...
    Posts
    2,200
    Hey guys,
    Moved down to conchal in August, love the country. Getting settled in still, will be posting more especially that i am down here. We have cable tica now, have good speed internet, cable is fine. Have the nfl game pass and the Nba playoff package on my tv. I Was told about a box that you can get thats expensive upfront, but it gives you everything from the States. Spoke to a bar owner, he said he would get it but you need it on each tv. Cant remember the name. What is the best option for someone that wants to get everything from the states. To be able to watch full Hbo, showtime, all that stuff. Fine with keeping cable tica for 2nd tv and the internet.i would do sports through the leagues international season pass? Baseball, football, hoops?

    Thanks guys, really appreciate any guidance.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Administrator RX drew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    california
    Posts
    334
    Good to here from you TheKids. These services change almost yearly. You could get Roku and receive most of the channels you like...but you need solid internet provider. With the rainy season CR gets this isn't your best option. Maybe others here can provide a solution to your tv needs. FYI I would not be paying any money especially a large amount upfront for any tv service. As mentioned previously these tv viewing options change frequently. What is viable today may be outdated tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    RX Senior jay6s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    lurking around
    Posts
    1,439
    if you have a amazon firestick and a fast, reliable internet connection I can help you set up with the solution that you need
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Closer and Closer to Costa...
    Posts
    2,200
    Quote Originally Posted by jay6s View Post
    if you have a amazon firestick and a fast, reliable internet connection I can help you set up with the solution that you need
    Thank Both of you for the information! I now have the baseball, basketball and NFL packages so im set with my sports channels.

    Jay6s, I had heard something about this. That is perfect! I can get one down here in a week, done deal! Do you want to email me so I can figure out how to meet up with you and all the details? I am 100 Percent in!! My Messenger has been disabled so let me know how you want to proceed. Thanks!!!
    Yankeess 4 Life 1981 @ Gmail. com


    Really appreciate it to my Rx Community. Things are starting to calm down so i will make sure i get some plays up here and there.

    Thanks Jays
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Closer and Closer to Costa...
    Posts
    2,200
    Quote Originally Posted by jay6s View Post
    if you have a amazon firestick and a fast, reliable internet connection I can help you set up with the solution that you need

    Hey bud, you around!! Really want to grab that. Thanks!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    RX Senior jay6s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    lurking around
    Posts
    1,439
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKids View Post
    Hey bud, you around!! Really want to grab that. Thanks!

    hey Kid sorry totally forgot about this, ill send you a PM with the solution im currently using
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Closer and Closer to Costa...
    Posts
    2,200
    Quote Originally Posted by jay6s View Post
    hey Kid sorry totally forgot about this, ill send you a PM with the solution im currently using
    Jay6s, my private messaging has been down for like 2 years... it’s crazy

    Shoot me an email---

    missed all those crap football games Thursday, ugh. Thx man
    Last edited by Genie; 09-01-2018 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Taken out personal email address
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    RX Senior jay6s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    lurking around
    Posts
    1,439
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKids View Post
    Jay6s, my private messaging has been down for like 2 years... it’s crazy

    Shoot me an email--
    missed all those crap football games Thursday, ugh. Thx man
    email sent
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    3
    Guys, please no posting of personal information on the board.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    RX Poster al_corona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    2,082
    Be careful using roku/apps etc. Most have rescrictions on locations. So if you try watching something like NFL Sunday ticket... on a non-US IP it will say "sorry but you're outside the coverage zone" etc.

    Same deal with most other apps or channels which you can access in the US.

    I just use an amazon fire box, with a few add-on apps. But these don't let me watch pretty much anything live, and no football. I just use gamepass for football.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #11  
    RX Senior jay6s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    lurking around
    Posts
    1,439
    Quote Originally Posted by al_corona View Post
    Be careful using roku/apps etc. Most have rescrictions on locations. So if you try watching something like NFL Sunday ticket... on a non-US IP it will say "sorry but you're outside the coverage zone" etc.

    Same deal with most other apps or channels which you can access in the US.

    I just use an amazon fire box, with a few add-on apps. But these don't let me watch pretty much anything live, and no football. I just use gamepass for football.
    you need to use services like radiosity, nitroTV or some others, you get good streaming and no IP restrictions, radiosity is the one I'm using with my firestick and I don't have any IP restrictions. I don't need any "us local" stations all I want is the sports channels and the games which I get with this app
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •