Forum: Boxing, UFC, Mixed Martial Arts Forum - Picks, discussion and fighter analysis. This is TheRx's official fighting and combat forum.

Thread: UFC Fight Night 130 Liverpool

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #26  
    RX SemiGod MattyMatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    13,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobdeeper7239 View Post
    You my friend are on crack
    Yea,Green Crack. Shit is all hype,just like Till...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #27  
    RX Local
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    21,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobdeeper7239 View Post
    Do you guys just lose fights and say you should've won? Because yea this is ridiculous
    Who is you guys? The majority of the press, the post-fight panel, us in this thread?

    You're entitled to your opinion but it's a contrarian 1 so spinning it as we're off our rocker in this thread is just stupid. The prevailing sentiment is echoing what we've said.

    I don't really care who you like and don't like, that has nothing to do who won the fight under MMA judging rules.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #28  
    Don't jinx me Mobdeeper7239's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    18,306
    Lmao the dude ran. Til was the offensive in a fight where he was apparently suppose to get tired.

    There is always a narrative to every fight. If that narrative turns out to be false then judges give more credit to the guy who overcame it.


    Thompson has no power. Nothing hurt Til. Til dropped him. It would have been robbery if thompson won
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #29  
    Don't jinx me Mobdeeper7239's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    18,306
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyMatt View Post
    Yea,Green Crack. Shit is all hype,just like Till...
    That's that whack. You know that. Get back to that strawberry cough. Til might be hype. But thompson is nothing special for a professional fighter. Dude is soft and I don't like how he fights.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #30  
    Don't jinx me Mobdeeper7239's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    18,306
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan1283 View Post
    Who is you guys? The majority of the press, the post-fight panel, us in this thread?

    You're entitled to your opinion but it's a contrarian 1 so spinning it as we're off our rocker in this thread is just stupid. The prevailing sentiment is echoing what we've said.

    I don't really care who you like and don't like, that has nothing to do who won the fight under MMA judging rules.
    I don't care who you think won either. Shit is too comical to be taken seriously especially if you can't admit you were off on this fight. But I guess not
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #31  
    Don't jinx me Mobdeeper7239's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    18,306
    I got a problem with how he carries himself as a fighter personally. Maybe he wasn't like this years ago. But since the Woodley fight his personality is of a 13 year old girl ready to take L's.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #32  
    RX Local
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    21,977
    I agree with most of the WB criticisms. Too tentative at times, all the smiling, hand slapping, puts way too much onus on the judges when his fighting style is highly subjective to score.

    But still think he won more rds than Till did which is all that matters as there were no 10-8 rds.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #33  
    RX Local
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    21,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobdeeper7239 View Post
    I don't care who you think won either. Shit is too comical to be taken seriously especially if you can't admit you were off on this fight. But I guess not
    That's fine, but if you're trying to rise to the level of being anything other than the village idiot around here then you should atleast acknowledge that the opinions of those expressed in this thread are the consensus opinion of the fight.

    I didn't pull thinking he won out of my ass, the majority of the people covering the fight agreed with me. So just say you disagree with the consensus opinion rather than telling me I'm on crack.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #34  
    RX Local
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    30,746
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyMatt View Post
    Umm no shit,and I gave evidence to support the cause...
    Sorry I offended you. I agreed with you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #35  
    Don't jinx me Mobdeeper7239's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    18,306
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan1283 View Post
    That's fine, but if you're trying to rise to the level of being anything other than the village idiot around here then you should atleast acknowledge that the opinions of those expressed in this thread are the consensus opinion of the fight.

    I didn't pull thinking he won out of my ass, the majority of the people covering the fight agreed with me. So just say you disagree with the consensus opinion rather than telling me I'm on crack.
    Right. The consensus said it so it must be accurate. I don't care what they think.

    Im sorry anyone who thought thompson won is a fucking idiot. All of your consensus. I agree it wasn't a 5 rds to 0 fight but no way thompson did enough to win..no fucking way
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #36  
    RX Local
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    30,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobdeeper7239 View Post
    Right. The consensus said it so it must be accurate. I don't care what they think.

    Im sorry anyone who thought thompson won is a fucking idiot. All of your consensus.
    Just like you don't believe in statistics. What a dope.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #37  
    Don't jinx me Mobdeeper7239's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    18,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Enfuego View Post
    Just like you don't believe in statistics. What a dope.
    No. I don't believe in your statistics.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #38  
    RX Local
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    21,977
    Didn't say it must be accurate but it's worth atleast considering that you are wrong if so many have the opposite view that you do. Not even necessarily that they are wrong, but that their opinion isn't outlandish.

    You've made it clear you don't like 1 of the fighters thus that creates a cognitive bias about the result.

    Not like I said it was Manny Pacquiao/Timothy Bradley 1, I just said I thought he won the fight and the loss doesn't surprise me because when betting it I had Till getting a decision that most would disagree w/ well within the range of outcomes with the fight being in Liverpool.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #39  
    RX Local
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    21,977
    MM probably done for the day since the chances of anyone he knows becoming UFC champ just went from like 20% to 0% but was looking for his take on RDA/Covington.

    Covington is a smothering wrestler with a size advantage, that's an interesting combination to be an underdog against RDA.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #40  
    Don't jinx me Mobdeeper7239's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    18,306
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan1283 View Post
    Didn't say it must be accurate but it's worth atleast considering that you are wrong if so many have the opposite view that you do. Not even that they are wrong, but that their opinion isn't outlandish.

    You've made it clear you don't like 1 of the fighters thus that creates a cognitive bias about the result, but that's probably a bit over your head.
    Cognitive bias is over my head. Lol ok.

    He fought like a pussy. There was no bias needed at all. Til is way more dangerous of a fighter...it's not even remotely close. Was the fight close? Sure because neither fighter did a whole lot....but to say Thompson did more than Til is comical. He maybe of landed more I dno but his punches do not have any power.

    Usually in a fight you have to get hurt in order to lose. Til was never hurt. Thompson at times no question was.

    Their is alwaysssss a group of people who see it differently, especially a fight. And speaking of bias.....there is always a group of people who think they were right when they were wrong and just refuse to come to terms with it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #41  
    RX Local
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    21,977
    You can critique his fighting style but most still would say he won 3 out of the first 4 rds.

    He was winning most of the exchanges and landed more significant strikes. If he really had no power then Till would've just jumped inside all fight and walked through his punches, but he didn't for a reason. Because WB's striking was keeping him at bay.

    Yeah, he had the biggest punch of the fight by far but we're not talking about who hurt who more really, we're talking about who won more rds in a 5 rd fight.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #42  
    Don't jinx me Mobdeeper7239's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    18,306
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan1283 View Post
    You can critique his fighting style but most still would say he won 3 out of the first 4 rds. Perhaps a few of those you make as a draw and then the fight is a draw.

    He was winning most of the exchanges and landed more significant strikes. If he really had no power then Till would've just jumped inside all fight and walked through his punches, but he didn't for a reason. Because WB's striking was keeping him at bay.

    Yeah, he had the biggest punch of the fight by far but we're not talking about who hurt who more really, we're talking about who won more rds in a 5 rd fight.
    Thompson has reach, that's why. Dude isn't afraid of Thompson's power, please. Save that talk for Runmaker, not me.

    Like I said when there is a narrative to a fight...and the narrative turns out to be false....they give more credit for the person who overcame that. Thompson was not aggressive enough. You can land more weak shots and still lose. It is called getting dropped....it is called not being aggressive enough. It is called looking more beat up..... it is called running for your life when you are in trouble.....

    Sometimes the eye test is what the judges are looking at. If the dude can't impress the judges then he's not going to win. And whether or not Thompson landed more....he looked like a 13 year old girl while throwing and that's not going to win a fight vs someone who is a beast.

    Thompson was in better shape right? And still didn't impress. That is the type of shit the judges already are aware of...hard to ignore that narrative when the point of the fight where Til is suppose to be getting tired and the fight is EXPECTED to take a turn.....but doesn't. That's what you guys are missing. Thompson had the chance to take over the fight....and got dropped. Case closed.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #43  
    RX Local
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    21,977
    Oh, so now you're saying the judges were being subjective about the result and using their own interpretation of the rules to give Till a victory?

    I thought you just said he clearly won. If judges interpretation is why he won then it's more subjective than you think.

    You're talking in circles.

    If Wonderboy didn't have the power to hurt Till, Till wouldn't have fought so strategically and cautiously. That kinda just goes w/o saying.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #44  
    RX Local
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    21,977
    And if any judge made the conscious decision to favor a guy because he missed weight and the other guy was supposed to be in "better shape", that judge is a stone moron.

    Just stick with Thompson wasn't aggressive enough and lost a close decision for it. The further you go in making your case, the more outlandish your points get.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #45  
    Don't jinx me Mobdeeper7239's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    18,306
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan1283 View Post
    Oh, so now you're saying the judges were being subjective about the result and using their own interpretation of the rules to give Till a victory?

    I thought you just said he clearly won. If judges interpretation is why he won then it's more subjective than you think.

    You're talking in circles.

    If Wonderboy didn't have the power to hurt Till, Till wouldn't have fought so strategically and cautiously. That kinda just goes w/o saying.


    Both. He won the fight and the judges saw it that way most likely....as did I. They graded pretty fairly. I don't care about what the score of the rounds were, I just know Til won the fight however you want to grade it. I have seen many times the person who lands more lose. It means less when the shots are thrown by some pussy ass hands. All he has is length, some kicks, and a decent chin. Not bad...but problem is when your insides are made up of a 13 year old girl....that shows on the outside.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #46  
    Don't jinx me Mobdeeper7239's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    18,306
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan1283 View Post
    And if any judge made the conscious decision to favor a guy because he missed weight and the other guy was supposed to be in "better shape", that judge is a stone moron.

    Just stick with Thompson wasn't aggressive enough and lost a close decision for it. The further you go in making your case, the more outlandish your points get.

    It's not about him being in better shape..

    It's about when that POINT in the fight comes..... After seeing how close it was before then..... Thompson should have took over given the narrative. But he didn't.. that was his chance to take control of the fight. He got dropped. Lol. So who the fuck do you really think they are going to give it to at that point?!?!!? Think dude. The fight was not lopsided either way before the 4th round. Which is when Til was suppose to start looking gassed.


    So stupid to just say statistics mean everything. Shit actually happens during a fight you know. Enflameo for sure needs to understand statistics aren't the driving force to everything in life. The end all be all. No
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #47  
    RX Local
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    21,977
    Why don't you care about what the score of the rds were? Yeah in close fights it doesn't always tell the story of who imposed their will, but it is the metric of the sport to decide who wins.

    Like the first Woodley/Thompson fight, Woodley hurt him way more in rd 1 and 4 and WB won rd 2/3/5 where nothing significant really happened. So the fight went to a draw despite the fact Woodley did more damage and dominated at times in the fight.

    The point you're trying to make and I'll make it for you is that you think the way WB fights that he steals rds where no one is imposing their will. That's fine as a critique of him stylistically and it also can make you prone to losing decisions where perhaps other judges/analysts would give you the decision, but it doesn't mean it is a no brainer that he lost because of that. Which is the conclusion you've jumped to.

    You're taking your subjective interpretation of what you want the sport to be and saying WB isn't that so therefore he should lose close decisions. That's fine, but when we're betting obviously all we're trying to analyze is who has a better chance to win the fight than the odds indicate. Not really what styles we prefer to see prevail.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #48  
    Don't jinx me Mobdeeper7239's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    18,306
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan1283 View Post
    Why don't you care about what the score of the rds were? Yeah in close fights it doesn't always tell the story of who imposed their will, but it is the metric of the sport to decide who wins.

    Like the first Woodley/Thompson fight, Woodley hurt him way more in rd 1 and 4 and WB won rd 2/3/5 where nothing significant really happened. So the fight went to a draw despite the fact Woodley did more damage and dominated at times in the fight.

    The point you're trying to make and I'll make it for you is that you think the way WB fights that he steals rds where no one is imposing their will. That's fine as a critique of him stylistically and it also can make you prone to losing decisions where perhaps other judges/analysts would give you the decision, but it doesn't mean it is a no brainer that he lost because of that. Which is the conclusion you've jumped to.

    You're taking your subjective interpretation of what you want the sport to be and saying WB isn't that so therefore he should lose close decisions. That's fine, but when we're betting obviously all we're trying to analyze is who has a better chance to win the fight than the odds indicate. Not really what styles we prefer to see prevail.

    NO I'm not. I'm talking about THIS fight. Not any other fights. THIS fight he lost because of those reasons but mainly because he was going against someone superior to his will. Go find that interview he had before Woodley whooped his ass the 2nd fight and tell me I'm bugging. Dude is a pussy. And he went against someone is FAR from a pussy. Not saying that's all to look at..... everything matters. But this is fighting. Not playing cricket or swimming laps.


    I haven't followed his career like that. I just know what I saw in the Woodley situation.

    He might win fights vs lower competition. But not against people who are legit bad asses. The odds were decent and reasonable...nothing astronomical.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #49  
    RX Local
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    21,977
    "Should've taken over given the narrative" shouldn't matter to the judges. If that is a variable in giving someone a rd then them winning is far from a slam dunk you claim it to be. None of that should matter when judging a fight.

    I think it's pretty clear you hate his style of fighting/demeanor and think he shouldn't win close rds for it and are using that as a justification for why it is such a no brainer 100% slam dunk that he lost the fight. But if you think he just lost 3-4 rds of that fight then there isn't much else to say.

    I said I thought he won 3 rds, I never said it was Pacquiao/Bradley 2 and a massive highway robbery. I thought there was a very good chance that most of the press/analysts would think he won but he wouldn't get a decision in Liverpool.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #50  
    RX SemiGod MattyMatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    13,955
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan1283 View Post
    MM probably done for the day since the chances of anyone he knows becoming UFC champ just went from like 20% to 0% but was looking for his take on RDA/Covington.

    Covington is a smothering wrestler with a size advantage, that's an interesting combination to be an underdog against RDA.
    I couldn’t careless about “someone I know being champ”.shit I’ve got belt and trophies from state and national championships myself. That is not what Martial Arts is about. Wonderboy displays it perfectly,though,and it sucks the World we live I will never see it as so anymore,but...

    I will give my analysis on the Cody/RDA Fight when the time comes,i.e. before next weekend...
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •