Forum: Boxing, UFC, Mixed Martial Arts Forum - Picks, discussion and fighter analysis. This is TheRx's official fighting and combat forum.

Thread: UFC Fight Night 130 Liverpool

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan1283 View Post
    "Should've taken over given the narrative" shouldn't matter to the judges. If that is a variable in giving someone a rd then them winning is far from a slam dunk you claim it to be. None of that should matter when judging a fight.

I think it's pretty clear you hate his style of fighting/demeanor and think he shouldn't win close rds for it and are using that as a justification for why it is such a no brainer 100% slam dunk that he lost the fight. But if you think he just lost 3-4 rds of that fight then there isn't much else to say.

I said I thought he won 3 rds, I never said it was Pacquiao/Bradley 2 and a massive highway robbery. I thought there was a very good chance that most of the press/analysts would think he won but he wouldn't get a decision in Liverpool.
    But the judges are not robots dawg. They are human beings. And it's human nature to think about the narrative. Every narrative is unique for every fight.

I don't like him as a fighter. I wouldn't call it "style". I said.....his style is not bad. I called him a decent fighter. Said good length, decent chin, and solid kicks. So what are you failing to understand? His will. He is a pussy for a fighter. That is clear as day to me. Probably clear to others as well, I don't know. .but I know for one I would have been extremely shocked if any judge would have gave him that fight.

Canello GGG fight was closer than this was truthfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobdeeper7239 View Post
    But the judges are not robots dawg. They are human beings. And it's human nature to think about the narrative. Every narrative is unique for every fight.

I don't like him as a fighter. I wouldn't call it "style". I said.....his style is not bad. I called him a decent fighter. Said good length, decent chin, and solid kicks. So what are you failing to understand? His will. He is a pussy for a fighter. That is clear as day to me. Probably clear to others as well, I don't know. .but I know for one I would have been extremely shocked if any judge would have gave him that fight.

If you think about the narrative,you should’nt be a judge on any level of fighting,period.

You should keep up with nothing on the fights you’re scheduled to work,and that’s it.

You keep saying I hate his style lol. He has been a champion. Not saying I hate his style. He doesn't have a killer mentality. Actually he has the exact opposite. I don't like him as a fighter.

RX Local

Nobody said that judges don't make their own interpretations.

The point is that if they are doing that and it is a reason Till won, then someone that thinks WB won isn't a "fucking idiot" or on "crack"

Most of the press, everyone I've talked to about it pretty much said the same thing "Thought WB won a close 1 but didn't do enough to get a decision in Liverpool and it's not the worst decison or anything."

style/mentality/etc....That's semantics, you know what I meant. You don't like his mode of operation, is that better?

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMatt View Post
    If you think about the narrative,you should’nt be a judge on any level of fighting,period.

You should keep up with nothing on the fights you’re scheduled to work,and that’s it.
    So judges aren't aware of fighters missing weight and still fighting? How is that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan1283 View Post
    Nobody said that judges don't make their own interpretations.

The point is that if they are doing that and it is a reason Till won, then someone that thinks WB won isn't a "fucking idiot" or on "crack"

Most of the press, everyone I've talked to about it pretty much said the same thing "Thought WB won a close 1 but didn't do enough to get a decision in Liverpool and it's not the worst decison or anything."
    They're blatantly wrong then. If I called any of you a fucking idiot over your opinion on this I apologize.

RX Local
    Hopefully this doesn't jack up the thread like other cut and pastes do. If there was a major flaw in my analysis it was not factoring in how much of a decision/subjective fighter WB can be and how that's a horrible combination for fighting Till in Liverpool. That's where my blindspot was in the fight. Intangibles tend to get extremely overrated when people are breaking down athletic events, but this is a case where I should've put more stock into 1.

Sean Ross Sapp
    Fightful.com 48-47 Till
    Jed Meshew
    MMAFighting.com 48-47 Till
    Chris Nelson
    Sherdog.com 48-49 Thompson
    Phil Murphy
    ESPN 47-48 Thompson
    Josť Youngs
    FanSided.com 47-48 Thompson
    Dominik Durniat
    Polsat Sport 47-48 Thompson
    Alexander K. Lee
    MMAFighting.com 47-48 Thompson
    Matthew Wells
    FanSided.com 47-48 Thompson
    MMAJunkie.com 47-48 Thompson
    MMAMania.com 47-48 Thompson
    Brian Knapp
    Sherdog.com 47-48 Thompson
    Drake Riggs
    BJPenn.com 47-48 Thompson
    Dayne Fox
    BloodyElbow.com 47-48 Thompson
    Tristen Critchfield
    Sherdog.com 47-49 Thompson
    Steve Duncan
    mma.uno 46-49 Thompson
    MMABrasil.com.br 46-49 Thompson
    Rob Tatum
    CombatPress.com 46-49 Thompson
    Nathan McCarter
    BleacherReport.com 46-49 Thompson
    Chris Connor
    The Fight City 46-49 Thompson
    Tim Burke
    BloodyElbow.com 46-49 Thompson
    Nick Baldwin
    BloodyElbow.com 46-49 Thompson
    Ryan Frederick
    WrestlingObserver.com 46-49 Thompson
    Kendrick Johnson
    The Ring 46-49 Thompson
    SevereMMA.com 46-49 Thompson

The 30-27 split decision from these judges on this card was avoidable too. But guys,here lies the problem,judges at the higher levels are never reprimanded,at all. Oh the stories I can tell you,all of us would lose our jobs anywhere else instantly,and would expect to...

So judges aren't aware of fighters missing weight and still fighting? How is that possible?
    If a judge uses anything outside of what happened Inside the octagon in the fight,then yes,they’re corrupt.

Not to mention,everything you’ve mentioned so far isn’t a scoring criteria,even cage control. Cage control should ONLY BE scored if everything else (striking/grappling) was dead even (both damage and production). It wasn’t,and I’ll tell you the same way Big John will tell you,if you have to go to cage control or aggression to judge a fight,you didn’t pay attention enough. It should be rare,very rare. They don’t even score defense anymore,and haven’t in years...

RX Local
    If a judge uses anything outside of what happened Inside the octagon in the fight,then yes,they’re corrupt.

Not to mention,everything you’ve mentioned so far isn’t a scoring criteria,even cage control. Cage control should ONLY BE scored if everything else (striking/grappling) was dead even (both damage and production). It wasn’t,and I’ll tell you the same way Big John will tell you,if you have to go to cage control or aggression to judge a fight,you didn’t pay attention enough. It should be rare,very rare. They don’t even score defense anymore,and haven’t in years...
    Like I said on the 1st page, we knew going in that WB wasn't winning a close decision in Liverpool.

He just isn't marketable at all, getting older, in the other fighters hometown. Just 1 of those things, pretty cut and dry result. If Mobb didn't think that Till clearly won and anyone that disagreed was nuts then there wouldn't have even been much to talk about with the result. Wasn't the least bit shocking.

What are you referring to as an intangible? You can see in his actions and hear in his responses he's a pussy. What you said you missed is another way of just saying he's a pussy for a fighter. All that matters is who is his opponent.

14-3 is his record and besides Mcdonald, Woodley, Cote, and Til. Masvidal I like but he is honestly a class beneath. Everyone else he has fought nothing special. Til is for real and clearly wasnt fully prepared for this fight and still won. I wouldn't call him hype actually. Maybe overhyped a bit. But he is forreal as a fighter.

RX Local
    What are you referring to as an intangible? You can see in his actions and hear in his responses he's a pussy. What you said you missed is another way of just saying he's a pussy for a fighter. All that matters is who is his opponent.

14-3 is his record and besides Mcdonald, Woodley, Cote, and Til. Masvidal I like but he is honestly a class beneath. Everyone else he has fought nothing special. Til is for real and clearly wasnt fully prepared for this fight and still won. I wouldn't call him hype actually. Maybe overhyped a bit. But he is forreal as a fighter.
    The intangible being he would have a very low chance of winning a close fight in Liverpool. And he has a history of close fights at the highest level of competition because of his style (granted it is vs 1 guy in Woodley, but still in a fight that was around the PK range of probability this result was very likely)

Maybe my judging system is more on par with how the judges look at things. I'm not doing all that technical shit like maybe you are supposed to. There's no doubt ufc is rigged. They rig fights all the time.....Didn't see that here. Maybe the rounds don't matchup with how it should have been graded. But all 3 judges, yes. No doubt.

If a judge uses anything outside of what happened Inside the octagon in the fight,then yes,theyíre corrupt.

Not to mention,everything youíve mentioned so far isnít a scoring criteria,even cage control. Cage control should ONLY BE scored if everything else (striking/grappling) was dead even (both damage and production). It wasnít,and Iíll tell you the same way Big John will tell you,if you have to go to cage control or aggression to judge a fight,you didnít pay attention enough. It should be rare,very rare. They donít even score defense anymore,and havenít in years...
    Imagine that...

https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnMcCar...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Sorry but controlling the Octagon does not give you the round. @WonderboyMMA landed the cleaner harder shots in the first 3 rounds. Sad that people that are supposed to know about the sport are lacking greatly in their knowledge of what is scored in a round #AskBJM

RX Local
    No. I don't believe in your statistics.
    My statistics come from published academics or government agencies. Fuck yourself toad.

Lol sure they do.

I think what bothered me is when someone loses a fight and then bitches that it should be closer than it was. It's irrelevant. Whether it's 4-1,5-0, or 3-2. It's still unanimous all 3 judges. I don't understand why people choose that to hang on to. Like okay we all have opinions including the judges. It didn't decide the fight. This wasn't the dumb ass lady from GGG canello grading it that lopsided as the lone judge for canello. Just nonsense to say Thompson should have lost by less. It's still a loss no matter. First 3 rds were split either way and last two went to Til. So doesn't matter. Dude lost because he didn't win. Liverpool or not.

RX Local
    I haven't seen a guy comment on a sport he knows so little about than Deep Throater has here.

Quote Originally Posted by Enfuego View Post
    I haven't seen a guy comment on a sport he knows so little about than Deep Throater has here.
    Your bitch ass would get punk'd by anyone on here not named Baronman. Fuck do you know about fighting?

RX Local
    Your bitch ass would get punk'd by anyone on here not named Baronman. Fuck do you know about fighting?
    I know controlling the Octagon doesn't give you the round which is what you thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Enfuego View Post
    I know controlling the Octagon doesn't give you the round which is what you thought.
    Wrong again. I don't even know what the fuck that means so how can I think that? Thompson needs to fight bums and he will be relevant again.

RX Local
    Wrong again. I don't even know what the fuck that means so how can I think that? Thompson needs to fight bums and he will be relevant again.
    I'm not wrong you miserable fuck. Read what Big John McCarthy said about it. Question him? He wrote the fucking rule you ignorant idiot.

"Sorry but controlling the Octagon does not give you the round. @WonderboyMMA landed the cleaner harder shots in the first 3 rounds. Sad that people that are supposed to know about the sport are lacking greatly in their knowledge of what is scored in a round #AskBJM"