Forum: College Football Forum - Sponsored by:

Thread: Mid-American Conference

  1. #1 Mid-American Conference 
    RX SemiGod
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Roll Tide
    Posts
    12,366
    For the 11th year in a row, MAC teams will face a difficult non-conference slate of opponents
    from the following Football Bowl Subdivision conferences - ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, SEC and Notre
    Dame. In addition, the league will also face opponents from the AAC, C-USA, MWC and Sun
    Belt conference. MAC programs will face five non-conference foes that finished in the AP Top 25
    poll last year: Penn State, Notre Dame, Miami, Michigan State and Northwestern. A total of 12
    non-conference games will feature Big Ten teams. Five will come from the ACC, two each from
    the SEC, Pac-12 and Big 12.

    According to South Point Sportsbook, Ohio and Toledo should challenge for the MAC title.

    Win totals from South Point include from the East: Akron 4, Ohio 8.5, Buffalo 6.5, Kent St. 2.5
    Bowling Green 5.5, Miami 6. From the West: Toledo 8.5, Central Michigan 4, Northern Illinois 7,
    Western Michigan 4.5, Eastern Michigan 6, Ball State 4.

    Welcome your comments...………….
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    RX SemiGod
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Down on the farm
    Posts
    12,656
    Quote Originally Posted by cloverleaf View Post
    For the 11th year in a row, MAC teams will face a difficult non-conference slate of opponents
    from the following Football Bowl Subdivision conferences - ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, SEC and Notre
    Dame. In addition, the league will also face opponents from the AAC, C-USA, MWC and Sun
    Belt conference. MAC programs will face five non-conference foes that finished in the AP Top 25
    poll last year: Penn State, Notre Dame, Miami, Michigan State and Northwestern. A total of 12
    non-conference games will feature Big Ten teams. Five will come from the ACC, two each from
    the SEC, Pac-12 and Big 12.

    According to South Point Sportsbook, Ohio and Toledo should challenge for the MAC title.

    Win totals from South Point include from the East: Akron 4, Ohio 8.5, Buffalo 6.5, Kent St. 2.5
    Bowling Green 5.5, Miami 6. From the West: Toledo 8.5, Central Michigan 4, Northern Illinois 7,
    Western Michigan 4.5, Eastern Michigan 6, Ball State 4.

    Welcome your comments...………….
    Clover....Just out of curiosity, is there any substance to the subtle rumors that there is a "deep state" that is within or surrounds the MAC and the teams that are Members ?
    Over the years I've heard a lot of the guys saying they will "never bet MAC games again" etc or "the :fix was in with the Toledo Bookies" etc.or some of the school administrators. Probably hog-wash, but I thought you might have some awareness via the grapevine.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    RX SemiGod
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Roll Tide
    Posts
    12,366
    Hadn't heard that Mack.

    I like to wager on MAC games ever now and then.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    RX SemiGod
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Roll Tide
    Posts
    12,366
    Mack, here are a few strong trends for some MAC teams. Some might be worth
    filing away for the coming season.

    *The Eastern Michigan Eagles are 3-13 ATS in the First of back-to-back Road games.
    *The Northern Illinois Huskies are 12-2 ATS their last 14 Weekday Road games.
    *The Toledo Rockets are 2-10 ATS before playing Central Michigan. (Kent St. Nov. 15)
    *The Ohio Bobcats are 1-9 ATS before playing Buffalo. (Miami, Oh Nov. 4)
    *The Ball State Cardinals are 11-1 ATS after playing Eastern Michigan. (Ohio Oct. 25)
    *The Bowling Green Falcons are 9-1 ATS the past 10 games playing Akron.
    **The Central Michigan Chippewas are 17-4 ATS Away from game 6 out the last 6 years.

    GL
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    RX Wizard Albatross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    7,916
    MAC games are good for 1 thing......burning my cash.
    Don’t drink and drive...
    you might slice a hook!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    RX SemiGod
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Roll Tide
    Posts
    12,366
    Albert, maybe we can work out a deal here at RX where you post your MAC plays so
    the rest of us can fade you. Or, maybe you should decide on your pick and then go
    the other way. Ha!

    I understand what you are saying because I feel the same way about the Big 12. I will
    only bet totals in that track meet conference. No sides for me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    1,048
    Many times we'll bet the MAC game b/c its a Tuesday or Wednesday nite and we feel like making a football wager so we'll bet a MAC game. Problem is we're coming off a bad weekend so we're chasing betting a MAC game on ESPN or the deuce.

    I'd say 9 out of 10 times we either lose that game or we crazy sweat out a win!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    RX Wizard Albatross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    7,916
    Quote Originally Posted by cloverleaf View Post
    Albert, maybe we can work out a deal here at RX where you post your MAC plays so
    the rest of us can fade you. Or, maybe you should decide on your pick and then go
    the other way. Ha!

    I understand what you are saying because I feel the same way about the Big 12. I will
    only bet totals in that track meet conference. No sides for me.

    I would love to contribute time permitting
    Don’t drink and drive...
    you might slice a hook!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    RX SemiGod
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Roll Tide
    Posts
    12,366
    You got time Albert....just post your MAC picks.

    I ain't going to go broke...but I'll fade you $50 worth on the MAC games.

    RX depending on you DAWG.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    RX SemiGod
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Down on the farm
    Posts
    12,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightrofins View Post
    Many times we'll bet the MAC game b/c its a Tuesday or Wednesday nite and we feel like making a football wager so we'll bet a MAC game. Problem is we're coming off a bad weekend so we're chasing betting a MAC game on ESPN or the deuce.

    I'd say 9 out of 10 times we either lose that game or we crazy sweat out a win!!
    Making a bet on a football game to re-coup one's loses (chasing) or to obtain a "fix" for the gambling addict can be a dangerous proposition especially if the game is during mid-week i.e. (MAC) games......Monday night NFL as well. This is where the discipline factor is just as important as one's handicapping expertise.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #11  
    RX SemiGod
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Roll Tide
    Posts
    12,366
    Mack, I learned the hard way many years ago not to 'chase'. Only fools and losers do so.

    I also learned many years ago to play every game the same. None of the BS 3star, 5star
    10star or beyond silliness.

    One of the best CFB handicappers over the years in my opinion had a super record with his
    regular plays...but because of his 5 Unit and 10 Unit plays he was a loser. Now he's offering
    special deals for old clients from $1500 to $1000 for season plays.

    Lose ONE 5unit play and you have to win five 1unit games. Fools Gold!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #12  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Haig Pointe
    Posts
    4
    Thanks for the info boys! Love me some MACtion... anyone good out there for SBC info?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #13  
    RX SemiGod
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Down on the farm
    Posts
    12,656
    Quote Originally Posted by cloverleaf View Post
    You got time Albert....just post your MAC picks.

    I ain't going to go broke...but I'll fade you $50 worth on the MAC games.

    RX depending on you DAWG.
    Still waiting to see if "Ol Albatross" will take you up on your proposition Clover; I love this kind of bantering which is in good taste.....two heavy weight posters (behemoth's) butting heads.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #14  
    3rd Generation The Pooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Del Mar
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by cloverleaf View Post
    Mack, I learned the hard way many years ago not to 'chase'. Only fools and losers do so.

    I also learned many years ago to play every game the same. None of the BS 3star, 5star
    10star or beyond silliness.

    One of the best CFB handicappers over the years in my opinion had a super record with his
    regular plays...but because of his 5 Unit and 10 Unit plays he was a loser. Now he's offering
    special deals for old clients from $1500 to $1000 for season plays.

    Lose ONE 5unit play and you have to win five 1unit games. Fools Gold!
    Spot on. This is the way my Dad taught me to play the game, and he made enough money doing it that way to send me to USC and my older sister to Stanford. Both of us graduated. Dad always told me that either a game is worth wagering on or it is not. There is no in-between. This is part of the gaming science known as "Money Management". Excellent post Cloverleaf.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #15  
    RX SemiGod
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Roll Tide
    Posts
    12,366
    You MAC backers are smiling, probably laughing at we bettors who don't take this conference
    seriously. I have learned my friends to take you for serious money interest. Great value
    in my opinion for a gaming man interested taking time with crazy matchups.
    FAKE Sports Championships are like pennies, two-faced and worthless! Sad Central Florida,
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #16  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    nc
    Posts
    1,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Albatross View Post
    MAC games are good for 1 thing......burning my cash.

    +1

    awful at the mac
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #17  
    3rd Generation The Pooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Del Mar
    Posts
    147
    Last year Toledo had the best record in the MAC at 11-3, 7-1 in conference. They went to the Dollar General Bowl and were shut out by App State of the Sunbelt Conference 41-0. The MAC went 1-4 in last season's bowl games, which was an improvement over their 0-6 showing in 2016. They were 3-4 in 2015, 1-4 in 2014 and 0-6 in 2013. That adds up to a 5-24 record in 5 years, by far and away the worst of any conference. They are 10-19 ATS. So fading the MAC in Bowl games is a big money maker.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #18  
    Official Rx music critic and beer snob FairWarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    The Taxpaying side of Michigan
    Posts
    24,457
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pooh View Post
    Last year Toledo had the best record in the MAC at 11-3, 7-1 in conference. They went to the Dollar General Bowl and were shut out by App State of the Sunbelt Conference 41-0. The MAC went 1-4 in last season's bowl games, which was an improvement over their 0-6 showing in 2016. They were 3-4 in 2015, 1-4 in 2014 and 0-6 in 2013. That adds up to a 5-24 record in 5 years, by far and away the worst of any conference. They are 10-19 ATS. So fading the MAC in Bowl games is a big money maker.
    Many of the coaches leave before the bowl game, sucks for the team but a great money maker.

    Like other conferences, look for the 2-3 year starting qb. It’s everything in the MAC.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #19  
    3rd Generation The Pooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Del Mar
    Posts
    147
    If my information is correct, those would be Jackson at Buffalo, Ragland at Miami (OH), Rourke, at Ohio, and Wassink at Western Michigan. Watch out for the kid Childers at N.I.U.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •