Forum: College Football Forum - Sponsored by:

Thread: College Football Over/Under bets thoughts?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 College Football Over/Under bets thoughts? 
    RX Junior
    I'm on...

Texas Over 8.5
    Oklahoma Under 10
    Indiana Over 5
    North Carolina Over 5.5

Anything else people like?

RX SemiGod
    Stat, first we appreciate your view of win totals for these teams.
    Just my take and nothing more...…..

Texas...don't have a clue about this team. Could be good or fold like they have the past
    few years. I will steer clear of the Horns all season.
    Oklahoma...I like the talent on this team. If the QB is good as many think, the Sooners
    will go over 10 and maybe be in the playoffs.
    Indiana I agree...you are probably right.
    North Carolina...again you may be on to something. Nothing about NC excites me.

Just my take and GL to you Bud.

Banned
    My picks:
    Oklahoma Over 10. I do see them losing 3 games and that is the only way I get beat.

Notre Dame Under 9 1/2. Michigan, Stanford, and Florida State at home. At Va Tech, Northwestern, and USC. I can see 3 losses there.

Michigan Under 9. They can't beat the Big 3 in the Big 10 East. Add Notre Dame and Wisconsin and 9 wins is a stretch.

Colorado Over 4. Opening up with Colorado State and then home games against New Hampshire, UCLA and Arizona State could give them 4 wins in their first 5 games. They also host Oregon State and Washington State.

Arizona Over 7 1/2. No Washington or Stanford on the schedule means that 4 losses should be the maximum for this squad. They could win the Pac 12 South.

Washington State Under 6 1/2. They simply lose too much on offense and have to rebuild. They get USC (away) Utah and Arizona as crossover games and also go to Stanford and Colorado. Oh yea. Don't forget Oregon and Udub.

RX SemiGod
    Pooh, I agree with the Notre Dame Under 9.5.
    Tough schedule and the Irish lost some very key players.

Where does one find undated win totals? I'd like to compare
    the open number with the latest total posted.

RX SemiGod
    I like these five:

Notre Dame Under 9.5
    Stanford Over 8
    South Carolina Over 7* (easy win)
    San Diego St. Under 8.5
    Florida Atlantic Over 9

Welcome your thoughts on these picks....

Banned
    Thanks Clover. A perfect reason to read posts from knowledgeable posters. I completely overlooked South Carolina. I can get them Over 7 -120. They have a pretty good QB and a solid corps of Receivers. The defense may need some work, but a rather easy early schedule (except 9/8 vs Georgia) will help. South Carolina should be able to win 4 out of their first 5 games. Home games against Tennessee and Chattanooga, plus a game at Ole Miss should give them at least 7 wins. While their home game vs Georgia and their season finale against Clemson are both probable losses, home games against A&M and Mizzou and a game at Florida are all winnable. They have a much higher chance of winning 8 games than 6.

RX SemiGod
    I'll go on record today saying South Carolina will upset Georgia straight up in
    the second game of the season. I don't know what the line will be just guessing
    10 to 14. Love SC to COVER but they will win this game outright. Mark it boys.

If I'm wrong, I will be out $3 dollars and you can throw all the cow turds in Texas
    at me.

Banned
    The Games of the Year Line opened at Georgia -11. It has since gone up to -14, where I grabbed it. Normally the lines stick pretty close to the GOY lines this early. Spurrier used to own Georgia, but Muschamp is 0-2, 1-1 ATS against Smart.

RX Junior
    Pooh- have you already bet on Oklahoma Over 10? If not I'll go straight up with you and we can save some juice.

RX Junior
    Clover- I love your Stanford over 8 pick

Banned
    State, yes I have taked OU Over 10 wins. As far as Stanford Over 8 is concerned, remember two things. First, they have a rather poor defense, especially their front 7. They only return 6 starters from last seasons defense which was not real good, plus one of those returnees that they need a big performance from is CB Holder is injured more often than he is healthy. That does not help.

Secondly is their schedule. They play San Diego State, USC, at Oregon and at Notre Dame, and that is just their September schedule. They can easily lose 3 of those games. They also host Utah in the first week in October. They finish the season at Washington, Oregon State, at UCLA and at Cal. I think that 8 is the right number, but gun to head, I can see 7 wins easier than I can see 9.

BC Over 5.5**
    Absolutely no respect for a good coach with an always solid defense and this yr he has an excellent o-line and rb.

MD Over 4.5
    Gamecocks Over 7

RX SemiGod
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyMiller View Post
    BC Over 5.5**
    Absolutely no respect for a good coach with an always solid defense and this yr he has an excellent o-line and rb.

MD Over 4.5
    Gamecocks Over 7
    Plus 1 MM...Maryland scares me though with their defense. Texas will hammer them in the opener.
    FAKE Sports Championships are like pennies, two-faced and worthless! Sad Central Florida...

Banned
    B.C. returns 9 starters on an offense that was not real good last season. They return 6 starters on defense, though only 5 may actually start. Their biggest problem is the schedule. They have a four game run of Miami, @ Va. Tech, Clemson, and @ Florida State near the end of the season. That means that they cannot afford any more away losses, and they have games at Wake, Purdue, and NC State.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyMiller View Post
    BC Over 5.5**

MD Over 4.5
    Gamecocks Over 7
    Absolutely agree on all 3...
    2010 Totals: College Basketball: 58-38 YTD +26.35 units | Baseball 73-64 +11.45 units NFL 34-22+18.68 units College Football 75-64+17.30 units

Quote Originally Posted by cloverleaf View Post
    I'll go on record today saying South Carolina will upset Georgia straight up in
    the second game of the season. I don't know what the line will be just guessing
    10 to 14. Love SC to COVER but they will win this game outright. Mark it boys.

If I'm wrong, I will be out $3 dollars and you can throw all the cow turds in Texas
    at me.
    I agree clover. Seeing that 14.5 now, I'm thinking of adding it in too. Sc should be improved this yr
    2010 Totals: College Basketball: 58-38 YTD +26.35 units | Baseball 73-64 +11.45 units NFL 34-22+18.68 units College Football 75-64+17.30 units

Quote Originally Posted by The Pooh View Post
    B.C. returns 9 starters on an offense that was not real good last season. They return 6 starters on defense, though only 5 may actually start. Their biggest problem is the schedule. They have a four game run of Miami, @ Va. Tech, Clemson, and @ Florida State near the end of the season. That means that they cannot afford any more away losses, and they have games at Wake, Purdue, and NC State.
    I think they will upset 1 of those big 4. Wouldnt surprise me if its Clemson. They always lose a game away that they aren't suppose to lose.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ground hog11 View Post
    I think they will upset 1 of those big 4. Wouldnt surprise me if its Clemson. They always lose a game away that they aren't suppose to lose.
    Last years loss to Syracuse was the first away loss for Clemson in 3 years.

Last years loss to Syracuse was the first away loss for Clemson in 3 years.
    I was thinking that pitt game was away ,but you're right,it was at home for clemson

Agree with clover on south car over 7 and Nd under 9’ and mm on Bc over 5’ (their offense started rolling at end of season—their q.b/rb combo is great). Also like ga tech over 5’, LOVE UNC under 5’, va tech under 8’, Miami under 10, wake over 5’. Good luck

Banned
    I suggest that all of you remember that you are giving the vig (sometimes big vig) in most of these cases. Taking a team at -150 is giving 3/2 odds. In most cases, that is too big. Check the Vig before you go diving in. Failing to count the vig is a big reason why some people think they made money during the season and then find out that they actually lost money. If you ignore the vig, you are NOT a very good gambler.

RX Senior
    I suggest that all of you remember that you are giving the vig (sometimes big vig) in most of these cases. Taking a team at -150 is giving 3/2 odds. In most cases, that is too big. Check the Vig before you go diving in. Failing to count the vig is a big reason why some people think they made money during the season and then find out that they actually lost money. If you ignore the vig, you are NOT a very good gambler.

This coming from someone who claims that they have Washington over 8 wins at -200.

Dats a lot of JUNK ya talking ya BIG DADDY!!!

Banned
    This coming from a guy who claims that all of you want to bury me. When pressed for exactly who "all of you" were, he could not come up with an answer. He acts like a little boy. Listen Beaver Cleaver. Stop your 8 year old whining and stay the hell out of my threads AND responses. What a baby.

RX Senior
    1) Its a valid comment that i made
    2) Its not your thread, its Statcentral's thread (which i will now stay out of)

I love when you talk that JUNK to me BIG DADDY!!!

RX SemiGod
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightrofins View Post
    1) Its a valid comment that i made
    2) Its not your thread, its Statcentral's thread (which i will now stay out of)

I love when you talk that JUNK to me BIG DADDY!!!
    I know that I have my "senior moments", (memory lapses), but those names, "Junk" with a (69) attached and "Big Daddy" seems to have a familiar sound here in he RX Football Forum from days gone by ??? Am I mistaken ?