TIME magazine cover kicks Trump in the balls even harder than they did with the "Stormy" cover

Search

Tokens
That blubbery, bloated, big bellied turd(talklng about DT, not YOU, Gas Bag) already took it in the shorts a few months ago:

http://time.com/5236647/donald-trump-stormy-time-cover/

But this is even worse(for him):

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/21/poli...Feed:+rss/cnn_latest+(RSS:+CNN+-+Most+Recent)

Wh
y the Trump Time magazine cover is so powerful

Analysis by Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large
Updated 4:17 PM ET, Thu June 21, 2018

(CNN)Ten days ago, at a press conference before leaving Singapore, President Donald Trump called on Time magazine reporter Brian Bennett. "Am I on the cover again this week?" Trump asked rhetorically. "Boy, have I -- so many covers."

Trump added another Time cover this week -- although he's not likely to hang this one on the walls of any of his properties anytime soon. If you haven't seen it, here it is:
180621132436-time-cover-07022018-exlarge-169.jpg

The image, taken by photographer John Moore, showing a girl crying as her mother is searched has instantly become the touchstone of the family separation crisis. That scared little girl juxtaposed against the towering Trump --- looming over her in a black suit -- is a startling image.
But it's more than that. It's a telling image. It shows the compassion gap that exists between the Trump administration's "zero-tolerance" border policy and the real-life people that are affected.
The best example of the administration's decided lack of compassion came Monday night in a press briefing by Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen. Nielsen, inexplicably, said she was unfamiliar with the photos of children being detained in cages. She repeatedly insisted that all the administration was doing was enforcing the existing law when a) there is no law forcing family separation and b) the rise in family separation is directly attributable to the Trump administration's zero-tolerance policy.

Nielsen never once said that she understood how difficult it must be to have a child taken from you -- even temporarily. She never acknowledged that this isn't some dry debate in a think tank in Washington, these are real peoples' lives.
Trump himself has paid lip service -- barely -- to the human element of this whole crisis.
"Ivanka feels very strongly," Trump said after signing an executive order Wednesday that allows families to be detained together. "My wife feels very strongly about it. I feel strongly about it," Trump said. "I think anybody with a heart would feel strongly about it. We don't like to see families separated."
And that was about it.
The simple fact is that compassion and empathy are not strong suits for this President. Never have been, never will be. He knows -- and relies on -- his experience, and not much else. His ability to cast himself into the shoes of others -- particularly those less fortunate than him -- is minimal. And his interest in doing so is even smaller.
Remember that in the wake of the Pulse nightclub shooting in Florida that left 49 people dead, Trump tweeted this: "Appreciate the congrats for being right on radical Islamic terrorism, I don't want congrats, I want toughness & vigilance. We must be smart!"
While that is the most glaring example, there were any number of smaller signs -- both during the campaign and since -- that Trump simply doesnt' do the empathy thing.
And voters acknowledged as much at the ballot box. Of the 15% of people who said that having a candidate who "cares about me" was the most important trait in how they decided to vote, Hillary Clinton beat Trump by 23 points. But far more voters wanted change than cared whether the candidate understood them and their lives -- and Trump won those change voters overwhelmingly.
One of the central questions as Trump prepares to seek a second term is whether or not voters will make that same calculation in 2020 -- will a desire for change trump (ahem) compassion in a candidate again?
What we do know: Trump isn't changing. You don't just suddenly develop an empathy gene. And the Time cover is a stark reminder of how much empathy matters in a president.

Tokens
could've had that same cover with obuma- nobody would've said a thing- liberals just trying to divide

Tokens
Trump has as much Empathy for illegals, as Illegals do for our laws....

Thats a REAL President!

Tokens
could've had that same cover with obuma- nobody would've said a thing- liberals just trying to divide

Obama was by no means blameless in the way that he handled this issue, but Dump's handling has been worse. Pull your head outta your ass and read the following, and the following quote from the story doesn't reflect well on either of them:

"Trump is now trying to regain the legal authority to do what Obama tried to do but was stopped from doing"

Plus, Dump lied and said only Congress had the power to stop things. Then, what did he just sign? He also said there was no policy to separate families. Once again, what did he sign?

https://www.vox.com/2018/6/21/17488458/obama-immigration-policy-family-separation-border

Handicapper
Tokens
23-election-night.w710.h473.jpg

Handicapper
Tokens
3A32820200000578-3918838-image-a-47_1478691638587.jpg

Handicapper
Tokens
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

hillary-clinton-purple-pantsuit-concession-speech.jpg

Handicapper
Tokens
The agony of defeat...Look at that face :hahahahah:):)@):mad::missingte:missingte:missingte

Handicapper
Tokens
10electweb1-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600-v4.jpg

Handicapper
Tokens
f8ab649f-a86b-4a20-9993-ec521d6c8fea_800.jpg

Handicapper
Tokens
That blubbery, bloated, big bellied turd(talklng about DT, not YOU, Gas Bag) already took it in the shorts a few months ago:

http://time.com/5236647/donald-trump-stormy-time-cover/

But this is even worse(for him):

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/21/poli...Feed:+rss/cnn_latest+(RSS:+CNN+-+Most+Recent)

Wh
y the Trump Time magazine cover is so powerful

Analysis by Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large
Updated 4:17 PM ET, Thu June 21, 2018

(CNN)Ten days ago, at a press conference before leaving Singapore, President Donald Trump called on Time magazine reporter Brian Bennett. "Am I on the cover again this week?" Trump asked rhetorically. "Boy, have I -- so many covers."

Trump added another Time cover this week -- although he's not likely to hang this one on the walls of any of his properties anytime soon. If you haven't seen it, here it is:
180621132436-time-cover-07022018-exlarge-169.jpg

The image, taken by photographer John Moore, showing a girl crying as her mother is searched has instantly become the touchstone of the family separation crisis. That scared little girl juxtaposed against the towering Trump --- looming over her in a black suit -- is a startling image.
But it's more than that. It's a telling image. It shows the compassion gap that exists between the Trump administration's "zero-tolerance" border policy and the real-life people that are affected.
The best example of the administration's decided lack of compassion came Monday night in a press briefing by Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen. Nielsen, inexplicably, said she was unfamiliar with the photos of children being detained in cages. She repeatedly insisted that all the administration was doing was enforcing the existing law when a) there is no law forcing family separation and b) the rise in family separation is directly attributable to the Trump administration's zero-tolerance policy.

Nielsen never once said that she understood how difficult it must be to have a child taken from you -- even temporarily. She never acknowledged that this isn't some dry debate in a think tank in Washington, these are real peoples' lives.
Trump himself has paid lip service -- barely -- to the human element of this whole crisis.
"Ivanka feels very strongly," Trump said after signing an executive order Wednesday that allows families to be detained together. "My wife feels very strongly about it. I feel strongly about it," Trump said. "I think anybody with a heart would feel strongly about it. We don't like to see families separated."
And that was about it.
The simple fact is that compassion and empathy are not strong suits for this President. Never have been, never will be. He knows -- and relies on -- his experience, and not much else. His ability to cast himself into the shoes of others -- particularly those less fortunate than him -- is minimal. And his interest in doing so is even smaller.
Remember that in the wake of the Pulse nightclub shooting in Florida that left 49 people dead, Trump tweeted this: "Appreciate the congrats for being right on radical Islamic terrorism, I don't want congrats, I want toughness & vigilance. We must be smart!"
While that is the most glaring example, there were any number of smaller signs -- both during the campaign and since -- that Trump simply doesnt' do the empathy thing.
And voters acknowledged as much at the ballot box. Of the 15% of people who said that having a candidate who "cares about me" was the most important trait in how they decided to vote, Hillary Clinton beat Trump by 23 points. But far more voters wanted change than cared whether the candidate understood them and their lives -- and Trump won those change voters overwhelmingly.
One of the central questions as Trump prepares to seek a second term is whether or not voters will make that same calculation in 2020 -- will a desire for change trump (ahem) compassion in a candidate again?
What we do know: Trump isn't changing. You don't just suddenly develop an empathy gene. And the Time cover is a stark reminder of how much empathy matters in a president.

final-election-cover.jpg

Handicapper
Tokens
I wonder what he`s looking for?

Join Date 09-22-2007

Current Activity Viewing User Profile

Dafinch

Last Activity 06-21-2018 09:35 PM

Tokens
Obama was by no means blameless in the way that he handled this issue, but Dump's handling has been worse. Pull your head outta your ass and read the following, and the following quote from the story doesn't reflect well on either of them:

"Trump is now trying to regain the legal authority to do what Obama tried to do but was stopped from doing"

Plus, Dump lied and said only Congress had the power to stop things. Then, what did he just sign? He also said there was no policy to separate families. Once again, what did he sign?

https://www.vox.com/2018/6/21/17488458/obama-immigration-policy-family-separation-border

me- pull my head out of my ass- stop being a hypocrite- obuma didn't have to do anything- because the liberal media wouldn't make it an issue- and if a dem was in charge- it still wouldn't be an issue- do you ever think for yourself- no you won't- you're just not that smart- stay on that plantation and let the liberal dems do all your thinking- that the way they like it- and you do too

Tokens
me- pull my head out of my ass- stop being a hypocrite- obuma didn't have to do anything- because the liberal media wouldn't make it an issue- and if a dem was in charge- it still wouldn't be an issue- do you ever think for yourself- no you won't- you're just not that smart- stay on that plantation and let the liberal dems do all your thinking- that the way they like it- and you do too

Nobody made it an issue? You're a liar, what about "Trump is now trying to regain the legal authority to do what Obama tried to do but was stopped from doing" is too hard for you to understand? An example of your talking out of your ass:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...bama_on_immigration_but_obama_had_a_soul.html

Gutierrez: We Challenged Obama On Immigration, But "Obama Had A Soul"

Posted By Tim Hains
On Date June 21, 2018

CHRIS HAYES, MSNBC: Joining me now to talk about all that, Congressman Luis Gutierrez, Democrat of Illinois.

Why was it -- the White House seemed unprepared for the blowback to this. And I think it's because they thought no one would care that these kids were being taken from their parents.​
REP. LUIS GUTIERREZ, (D) ILLINOIS: This one it blew up on them because the -- you're right, Chris. So, when we had the attack against Muslims and the Muslim ban, they said they won, right. We're in court. We're fighting it. Transgender community is said to be locked out of the military. They do things. But in this case, the American people really came through, and really came through this weekend and had a strong pushback. And so I think that's why they had to reconsider.

So here's what I think, Chris. A, they knew -- they didn't care that it was inhumane. They didn't care it was cruel. Here's what they cared -- it was not popular.

Here's what happened, they were speaking to Trump's base, right, but the American people said no. So, there's a disconnect between the Republican Party talking to their base and the majority of the American people. And so they had to.

But let's not -- let's be clear, they haven't changed the fundamental policy. We're not reuniting those thousands of kids back with their parents, and Jeff Sessions, the attorney general, still has it on the books that if you apply for asylum, if you apply for asylum, and you're a mother, and you're a woman fleeing abuse, rape, torture by someone, that that is a private matter.

In America, that's a very public matter. It's a very public matter that any prosecutor in any jurisdiction takes very seriously because the American people do not tolerate abuse of women.

And let's remember that's still in place.

So, what they're going to try to do is, what, bring families together.

And let's -- I want to say something, you know, a lot of people bet on one thing, because you saw the stocks. And I think this is an important element, the stocks of the private jail industry, right, went soaring after Donald Trump's election. You know why? Because they bet he was going to be mean and nasty and ruthless with immigrants and he was going to take all of these protections that we had put in place.

I was in San Antonio Father's Day 2015. We challenged Obama. He agreed to the consent decree, the Flores consent decree. And I want to say one last thing, because I know time is running out, you know, Jeh Johnson, the secretary of homeland security, said I only can keep children in detention for 20 days. I will resign as secretary of homeland security if I can't release the moms along with them.

And here's what the Obama administration began to do, 20 days detention for children as they apply for their asylum request, right, and the children and the moms were released together. That's the way you do things -- transparent, open.

We did challenge Obama, but you know what, Obama had a heart. He had a soul. He had a heart. He had a center. He had convictions. And we could speak to those.

HAYES: I will say -- just a final thought here -- that for all the people saying where were you when Barack Obama was doing family detention. You, Congressman Gutierrez, activist, organizer, a lot of people were there challenging him on this. You're someone who has been extremely consistent about this. Thank you for joining me tonight.

GUTIERREZ: Thank you, Chris. Keep telling us what's going on.

(You were saying, Jagoff?)

Tokens
Nobody made it an issue? You're a liar, what about "Trump is now trying to regain the legal authority to do what Obama tried to do but was stopped from doing" is too hard for you to understand? An example of your talking out of your ass:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...bama_on_immigration_but_obama_had_a_soul.html

Gutierrez: We Challenged Obama On Immigration, But "Obama Had A Soul"

Posted By Tim Hains
On Date June 21, 2018

CHRIS HAYES, MSNBC: Joining me now to talk about all that, Congressman Luis Gutierrez, Democrat of Illinois.

Why was it -- the White House seemed unprepared for the blowback to this. And I think it's because they thought no one would care that these kids were being taken from their parents.​
REP. LUIS GUTIERREZ, (D) ILLINOIS: This one it blew up on them because the -- you're right, Chris. So, when we had the attack against Muslims and the Muslim ban, they said they won, right. We're in court. We're fighting it. Transgender community is said to be locked out of the military. They do things. But in this case, the American people really came through, and really came through this weekend and had a strong pushback. And so I think that's why they had to reconsider.

So here's what I think, Chris. A, they knew -- they didn't care that it was inhumane. They didn't care it was cruel. Here's what they cared -- it was not popular.

Here's what happened, they were speaking to Trump's base, right, but the American people said no. So, there's a disconnect between the Republican Party talking to their base and the majority of the American people. And so they had to.

But let's not -- let's be clear, they haven't changed the fundamental policy. We're not reuniting those thousands of kids back with their parents, and Jeff Sessions, the attorney general, still has it on the books that if you apply for asylum, if you apply for asylum, and you're a mother, and you're a woman fleeing abuse, rape, torture by someone, that that is a private matter.

In America, that's a very public matter. It's a very public matter that any prosecutor in any jurisdiction takes very seriously because the American people do not tolerate abuse of women.

And let's remember that's still in place.

So, what they're going to try to do is, what, bring families together.

And let's -- I want to say something, you know, a lot of people bet on one thing, because you saw the stocks. And I think this is an important element, the stocks of the private jail industry, right, went soaring after Donald Trump's election. You know why? Because they bet he was going to be mean and nasty and ruthless with immigrants and he was going to take all of these protections that we had put in place.

I was in San Antonio Father's Day 2015. We challenged Obama. He agreed to the consent decree, the Flores consent decree. And I want to say one last thing, because I know time is running out, you know, Jeh Johnson, the secretary of homeland security, said I only can keep children in detention for 20 days. I will resign as secretary of homeland security if I can't release the moms along with them.

And here's what the Obama administration began to do, 20 days detention for children as they apply for their asylum request, right, and the children and the moms were released together. That's the way you do things -- transparent, open.

We did challenge Obama, but you know what, Obama had a heart. He had a soul. He had a heart. He had a center. He had convictions. And we could speak to those.

HAYES: I will say -- just a final thought here -- that for all the people saying where were you when Barack Obama was doing family detention. You, Congressman Gutierrez, activist, organizer, a lot of people were there challenging him on this. You're someone who has been extremely consistent about this. Thank you for joining me tonight.

GUTIERREZ: Thank you, Chris. Keep telling us what's going on.

(You were saying, Jagoff?)

https://law.yale.edu/system/files/a...ted_states_of_america_complaint_8-17-2016.pdf

DHS violated the Flores consent decree when, in mid-2014, ... et. al. to President Obama

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb52197
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com