Forum: College Football Forum - Sponsored by:

Thread: Who's ready for opening game?

  1. #1 Who's ready for opening game? 
    RX SemiGod
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Auburn WA
    Posts
    10,901
    When is the first game start? August what?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    3rd Generation The Pooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Del Mar
    Posts
    424
    Two dog games on 8/25. Hawaii at Colorado State and Wyoming at New Mexico State. If those get you excited, seek help immediately.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    RX SemiGod
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Down on the farm
    Posts
    12,680
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pooh View Post
    Two dog games on 8/25. Hawaii at Colorado State and Wyoming at New Mexico State. If those get you excited, seek help immediately.
    Come on Pooh, everyone knows there is a "pot of gold" at the end of each rainbow. All you have to do is figure out what Hawaiian aphrodisiac is in the air at kick-off time (home games only) and you will find a few of those gold nuggets at the end of the fourth quarter of a Rainbow football game,

    I've never been to Hawaii, they say the warm soft winds and flowing surf (not to mention the "Wahines) puts the hormones of young men of college age into fast motion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    3rd Generation The Pooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Del Mar
    Posts
    424
    I have been to Hawaii many times. Maui and Kawaii are my favorites. Honolulu is a major disappointment IF you have been to the other islands. The Islanders on the other Islands call it the "Concrete Jungle". If you go to Hawaii to watch a Football game, you really have a problem. IF you wager on Hawaii, you have a bigger problem and will never win enough to get there. They are 10-26 ATS in the past 3 seasons. 4-20 against their MWC opponents.

    As far as the hormones of college age men are concerned, 99% of male tourist between the age of 21-35 are basically ignored by the ladies because they cannot handle themselves. If you do not have Ocean Front Rooms at the finer hotels, don't waste your time with us. There are plenty of local ladies who will be more than glad to take you for every penny you have, if you get my drift. Men between 35-45 are much more preferred by the rich bit**es like myself because they have money. You have to give me credit for shooting from the hip.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    RX SemiGod
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Roll Tide
    Posts
    12,551
    I was fortunate enough to go to Hawaii twice during my younger days. First trip spent ten
    days on Maui and my second trip was 10 days on the big island of Hawaii. Enjoyed both but
    wouldn't fly that long to go to Oahu (Honolulu). Rather go to some hot spot in Florida than
    Oahu.

    Thinking football...Hawaii will be a gamblers dream going against them. Talent and long road
    trips are just stacked against them.
    FAKE Sports Championships are like pennies, two-faced and worthless! Sad Central Florida...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    RX SemiGod
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Roll Tide
    Posts
    12,551
    Sunshine, I believe the first football game is August 2, with the NFL and HOF game.

    Pretty sure of the date but off the top of my head can't remember who plays.

    Football is just around the corner my friend.
    FAKE Sports Championships are like pennies, two-faced and worthless! Sad Central Florida...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    3rd Generation The Pooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Del Mar
    Posts
    424
    The first College games are scheduled for August 25th. The season starts in ernest on August 30th. Have you seen where in 2020 the Chick Filet kickoff game will be expanded to 3 games? In what has to be some of the most questionable naming of games, Auburn will face North Carolina on 9/12, in the Chick Filet "Kickoff" Game even though two game will be played prior to that game in Atlanta. 9/5 sees West Virginia and Florida State go at it, and on 9/7, Labor Day, Georgia takes on Virginia.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Official Rx music critic and beer snob FairWarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    The Taxpaying side of Michigan
    Posts
    24,510
    Quote Originally Posted by cloverleaf View Post
    Sunshine, I believe the first football game is August 2, with the NFL and HOF game.

    Pretty sure of the date but off the top of my head can't remember who plays.

    Football is just around the corner my friend.
    Bears-Ravens. Bears open training camp this week.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    RX SemiGod
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Auburn WA
    Posts
    10,901
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pooh View Post
    The first College games are scheduled for August 25th. The season starts in ernest on August 30th. Have you seen where in 2020 the Chick Filet kickoff game will be expanded to 3 games? In what has to be some of the most questionable naming of games, Auburn will face North Carolina on 9/12, in the Chick Filet "Kickoff" Game even though two game will be played prior to that game in Atlanta. 9/5 sees West Virginia and Florida State go at it, and on 9/7, Labor Day, Georgia takes on Virginia.

    Thanks
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    RX SemiGod
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Auburn WA
    Posts
    10,901
    Quote Originally Posted by FairWarning View Post
    Bears-Ravens. Bears open training camp this week.

    Dont you just love those fake games that mean nothing.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #11  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    nc
    Posts
    1,791
    Any football at all is something to be excited about. Don’t even need to gamble on it, just want to see them on the field. Yes I’m excited, can’t fucking wait. Que Bart Scott.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •