Forum: Baseball Forum - Post your picks or discuss anything related to betting MLB here. Sponsored by BetDSI - get your 300% bonus here, Only for RX Posters

Thread: SATURDAY July 14 Community Plays/Reasoning/Positive Discussion welcomed

  1. #1 SATURDAY July 14 Community Plays/Reasoning/Positive Discussion welcomed 
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,288
    This will be a work in progress so any suggestions welcome.

    What I would like to get is your pick(s) and reasoning.

    List some facts that swayed you, or state something like
    computer system or fade or follow another capper...anything
    that will help a discussion if another person likes the opposite side.

    At the end of the day you are the person making the phone call or
    entering your wager and password but it doesn't hurt to have different
    opinions on a game. You can then decide which way to wager or skip
    the game entirely.

    Money management, preventing negative relationship or financial
    situations, having fun, and beating the book should be our ultimate goal!

    The sooner we can post plays for the day the more time for positive discussions.

    Thanks to all who are willing to share and give this a shot.

    Saturday Plays start here!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,288
    Philly with Nola. Haven't decided whether to play -1 or -1x.

    He has pitched great last 3 although against Mets, Balt, Was.

    Richards beat Phils but that was Jake when he was sucking.

    Phils aren't scoring a ton of runs is only reason I don't jump
    on RL right away.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    RX Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    577
    Chi/ SD O8. Hendricks 4.4 era on the road, predomo era over 10 at home. Reyburn ump is 8 over to 9 unders so far so neutral. Temp 70F which is fine for SD. Chi hitting well except for the 2 games in sf but I attribute that to sf stadium more than anything especially if chi gets around 10 hits in Fri night's game in SD.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    RX Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    577
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Rules View Post
    Philly with Nola. Haven't decided whether to play -1 or -1x.

    He has pitched great last 3 although against Mets, Balt, Was.

    Richards beat Phils but that was Jake when he was sucking.

    Phils aren't scoring a ton of runs is only reason I don't jump
    on RL right away.
    Phi 7-8 rl when road favorite and mia is 24-22 rl as home underdog. Mia prob in the same group of crappy hitting teams like mets balt and was. Looking at -1, dont see value in -1.5.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,288
    Thanks rpark!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,288
    FWIW-we have an early start at Pitt due to double header.
    i know there is some crazy stat about how few sweeps there
    are on a DH so heads up for 2nd game.

    Holmes doesn't look very impressive so if Pitt wins game 1
    i will play a little extra on Milw Gm2
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,288
    If you like LaD un8 better hurry as it's still that on 5D...I'm seeing its
    down to 7 on scoresandodds
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    RX Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    577
    rackley is 10-3 over to unders this season. he'll be the ump at lad. may look at over if it goes to 7
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    RX SemiGod
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Auburn WA
    Posts
    10,477
    2-0 +2.05 Units
    early start. I have a nice system play on Brewers -118 ML ​ they have lost 3 games in a row and have failed to cover the +1.5 in all 3 games. I get a lot of winners this way.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,288
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine11 View Post
    2-0 +2.05 Units
    early start. I have a nice system play on Brewers -118 ML ​ they have lost 3 games in a row and have failed to cover the +1.5 in all 3 games. I get a lot of winners this way.

    Obviously game1...is it safe to say if they happen to lose you will
    also play them Game2??

    Anderson looks good-he and the bullpen better give up 3 or less
    to have a chance.

    With this being such an early game I'm taking unders.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #11  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,288
    Quote Originally Posted by rpark View Post
    rackley is 10-3 over to unders this season. he'll be the ump at lad. may look at over if it goes to 7

    I like a stat like that but then I wonder if the pitchers were shitty or in a hitter friendly ballpark, but thanks for pointing that out

    a good discussion item!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #12  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,288
    Quote Originally Posted by rpark View Post
    Chi/ SD O8. Hendricks 4.4 era on the road, predomo era over 10 at home. Reyburn ump is 8 over to 9 unders so far so neutral. Temp 70F which is fine for SD. Chi hitting well except for the 2 games in sf but I attribute that to sf stadium more than anything especially if chi gets around 10 hits in Fri night's game in SD.

    Going to throw a little on OV 4x FF also!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #13  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,288
    My two early plays will be

    Pit Un8x early game and neither team consistently scoring runs
    Phil-1 Nola superior pitcher - waiting to play as line is dropping
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #14  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,288
    Don't see the gigilo beating Boston but leaning more on
    taking Boston TT ov 5x game based on info from Kaboom

    debating ov 3 FF but it's an early start and will the bats be awake??
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #15  
    RX Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    698
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Rules View Post
    My two early plays will be

    Pit Un8x early game and neither team consistently scoring runs
    Phil-1 Nola superior pitcher - waiting to play as line is dropping
    I don't do totals but looked hard at the early Pit game and agree the under is the play - now at 9 at all 3 of my books.

    Really like what you are doing here Timmy. It is a big plus for the form which was going down hill lately.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #16  
    RX Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    698
    Quote Originally Posted by maddog1987 View Post
    I don't do totals but looked hard at the early Pit game and agree the under is the play - now at 9 at all 3 of my books.

    Really like what you are doing here Timmy. It is a big plus for the form which was going down hill lately.
    So sorry...I was looking at the wrong game at my books on the Pit total. It is 8.5... big mistake by me on looking at the lines.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #17  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,288
    Quote Originally Posted by maddog1987 View Post
    So sorry...I was looking at the wrong game at my books on the Pit total. It is 8.5... big mistake by me on looking at the lines.
    No worries! I know I shouldn't (even on small wager) but I played Un9@-135....
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #18  
    RX Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    577
    http://statfox.com/mlb/umpire.asp?um...ID&season=2018

    Looking at the 7 and 7.5 over under lines. I think at 7 I would contemplate an over bet.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #19  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    47
    Hey Timmy, regarding double header sweeps I was thinking the same as you and have taken the split on Game #2 a few times this year. I found an article (link below) that says from 2008 to 2017 there have been 231 double headers with 120 sweeps, so a sweep is a slight favorite. However this year there have been 14 double headers and only 3 sweeps.

    https://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/20...ility-analysis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #20  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,288
    Thanks for researching that DH data.

    I know I'd be more comfortable taking Suter in GM2
    if Pit wins game1.

    If Milw wins may just skip GM2....let's see how it plays out.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #21  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    47
    Thinking the same thing! If the Bucks win GM#1, I'm on Suter and the Brew Crew for #2!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #22  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,288
    Playing out all these early games going under...probably kick myself
    for not playing all FF unders
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #23  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,288
    If the under theme sticks for the mid afternoon games I say the 6 late games
    go at least 4-2 and will play all them over.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #24  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,288
    Looks like unders go 7-3

    I was the bug in the early games

    need to be the windshield late-playing all Overs except LaD
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •