Forum: Boxing, UFC, Mixed Martial Arts Forum - Picks, discussion and fighter analysis. This is TheRx's official fighting and combat forum.

Thread: UFC on FOX 30

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Enfuego View Post
    Garbrandt is going to handle TJ ITD.
    I think I lean towards Cody this time too. It's a no bet for me so far,but we shall see...

RX Local
    I tend to buy Garbrandt's reasoning about his back being fucked heading into the TJ fight. He was on the shelf for awhile with that injury.

He was getting PPV pts on a card that featured GSP's return, good chance that's gonna wind up being the best purse of his career. Couldn't really pull out of that.

He has better handspeed and power than Dillashaw, Dillashaw has the edge in overall striking arsenal and probably fight IQ as well. Garbrandt just needs to be more patient on those exchanges, pickup TJ's unorthodox style/timing.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan1283 View Post
    I tend to buy Garbrandt's reasoning about his back being fucked heading into the TJ fight. He was on the shelf for awhile with that injury.

He was getting PPV pts on a card that featured GSP's return, good chance that's gonna wind up being the best purse of his career. Couldn't really pull out of that.

He has better handspeed and power than Dillashaw, Dillashaw has the edge in overall striking arsenal and probably fight IQ as well. Garbrandt just needs to be more patient on those exchanges, pickup TJ's unorthodox style/timing.
    I agree. Cody hurt him first in the first fight,but gotta be patient. He looks really focused this time too,he even weighed in first today,and itís an easy cut for him. Calm and composed is the answer. Plus,to me,Cody does too much hard sparring,and it eventually catches up to him,and it could easily be here. Dude always looks like heís been beat to hell and back,and Cody could definitely be the one to do it in the Octagon...

RX Local
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyMatt View Post
    I think I lean towards Cody this time too. It's a no bet for me so far,but we shall see...
    I'm taking a small stab at Cejudo too.
    Welchers are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Enfuego View Post
    I'm taking a small stab at Cejudo too.
    Yea man,why not. I’m watching the fight for free,so that’ll be my PPV fee. Lol

Cejudo has gotten better in the striking over these 2 years. He took DJ down pretty easily the first fight,and definitely has the wrestling pedigree to hang. He also looks really focused,like Cody to me,as we’re talking a guy who had to move up a weight class for missing weight before,and he made weight easily today coming in at 0.5lb under at 124.5. It’s no easy task,that is for sure,but I think he’s mentally and physically prepared well for the challenge...

I agree. Cody hurt him first in the first fight,but gotta be patient. He looks really focused this time too,he even weighed in first today,and it’s an easy cut for him. Calm and composed is the answer. Plus,to me,Cody does too much hard sparring,and it eventually catches up to him,and it could easily be here. Dude always looks like he’s been beat to hell and back,and Cody could definitely be the one to do it in the Octagon...
    Oops,meant to say TJ does too much hard sparring. Lol

RX Local
    Yea man,why not. I’m watching the fight for free,so that’ll be my PPV fee. Lol

Cejudo has gotten better in the striking over these 2 years. He took DJ down pretty easily the first fight,and definitely has the wrestling pedigree to hang. He also looks really focused,like Cody to me,as we’re talking a guy who had to move up a weight class for missing weight before,and he made weight easily today coming in at 0.5lb under at 124.5. It’s no easy task,that is for sure,but I think he’s mentally and physically prepared well for the challenge...
    I'm going to hit Cejudo for a small amount and Cejudo ITD too. The guy is better and he is a live dog so why not?

Big on Ramos and Munhoz. I don't know why people are putting their hard earned money on Johns.
    Welchers are the worst.