Forum: Community Contests - Find Community / Poster run Contests Here. Please Read Financial transactions warning.

Thread: Premier League Pool? // Soccer Interest?

1. #1 Premier League Pool? // Soccer Interest? 
    RX Junior
    I'm considering running a Premier League pool. Curious how many here would be interested in playing.

It would work like this:

The Premier League has 38 Match Days (MDs). This pool would divide the season in to 19 segments of two MDs each. (MD1-2, MD3-4, etc.)

*For each of the 19 segments, you would be able to choose ONE team.
    *You'd get the points (3 for win, 1 for draw) they earned during that segment.
    *You can't take the same team twice.

So over the course of the season, you'd go through nearly the entire league (19 of 20), trying to use them in peak form and easy schedule to earn max points.

It would be $75 for the season, and I'd pay out 1st and 2nd.

If I do it, how many would be interested?

RX Member
    I would be interested.

What is the actual Premier League season? I just saw Manchester City play Dortmund at Soldier Field the other night. Seems like they are interrupting their regular season with this kind of stuff sometimes. I could be wrong.

RX Junior
    What you saw was part of the International Champions Cup, a series of exhibition matches over the summer.

The PL season runs from Aug 11 to either late April or early May. There are a few interruptions for international play or domestic cups (i.e. FA Cup, Copa del Rey).

Thanks for your interest! Hasn't been overwhelming so far Will see if anyone else throws their hat in.