Forum: Boxing, UFC, Mixed Martial Arts Forum - Picks, discussion and fighter analysis. This is TheRx's official fighting and combat forum.

Thread: UFC 229: Khabib vs. McGregor October 6, 2018 on the Las Vegas Strip

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by exploited17 View Post
    I think Pettis at +268 is amazing value. No doubt Ferguson is better but Pettis style and the price is great. Ferguson isn't gonna straight pressure and then wrestle Pettis. That is how you beat him. And if you are gonna stand it has to be pressure and good boxing. That really isn't Fergusons style. I really want Tony to win though
    Quote Originally Posted by Enfuego View Post
    I agree. On Pettis for small.
    Disagree, but I do agree with y’alls play on Pettis, although I’m not playing it at all. You described Tony’s style to a T. He’s known for pressure with the jab, and being aggressive with elbows and the infamous D’Arce choke. He’s also known for his wrestling, although he likes to fight off his back more than most, so why wouldn’t he be content doing this...Overall, Tony is known as an aggressive pressure fighter who believes in his cardio and style of fighting. It does leave openings (drops his front hand a lot, etc), though, and Tony is coming off a layoff, so that’s why I see the value in Pettis, but I’m gonna just enjoy this one.

Tony finishes the fight way easier than Pettis does, and I think that’s what happens, but I’m fine just watching this one...

RX Local
    Thoughts on this parlay:

Patrick+Ferguson
    Welchers are the worst.

RX Senior
    Thoughts on this parlay:

Patrick+Ferguson
    i think petis is a live dog here, but the odds for your parlay say take Ferguson... I like eyes and hellig right now. Bi bet both for 409

RX Senior
    Reyes/ hellig

For me its Khabib or nothing.

McGregor is a good striker and gives fighters very unorthodox angles. For those saying he is the best striker.....nope sorry Every joe out there is saying Mcgregor is going to KO Khabib in the 1st round. While it certainly could happen as anything can if it was that easy in MMA "the best strikers" would be calling thier KO's all the time.

Khabib is a world class wrestler who works opponents down and is a machine at doing so. He knows what mcgregor is about and will be ready for Conner trying to tag him. He has a solid chin and can take some punches so Im not worried about him taking some shots. The way i see it is its just a matter of time before Khabib gets ahold of Mcgregor and works him over. Conner can then focus on selling his whiskey and counting his $

Georgia .. 5 billion BBQ places , one good pizza place in the entire state
    Oct 06 TOTAL u2½-135 (DERRICK LEWIS vrs ALEXANDER VOLKOV)

Derrick Lewis back problems have been long documented and he has talk about it openly. Derrick Lewis has now is claiming the he has fixed his back with the help of Tiger Woods’ doctor. A back that’s forced him out of fights. A back that has seized up on him in the cage with killers like Mark Hunt and Francis Ngannou. Derrick Lewis and Alexander Volkov nearly brawl during ceremonial weigh in, there is bad blood between them since Lewis previously called out by Alexander Volkov for a fight at UFC Russia . Derrick Lewis is comming off the hidiouse Francis Ngannou clusterfuck. Derrick Lewis can not afford another boring fight if he wants a title shot. Volkov has been tagged up before and has average take down defense . Generally, he relies on conditioning and toughness to outlast his opponent, but he does have KO power. Alexander Volkov has a sick side kick to the head that could end this fight or lewis could capitalize on it and use it as a take down where lewis gets most of his wins. Its rare you get under 2 1/2 on a heavy weight fight.

RX Local
    Quote Originally Posted by smartmoneyfollower View Post

Derrick Lewis back problems have been long documented and he has talk about it openly. Derrick Lewis has now is claiming the he has fixed his back with the help of Tiger Woods’ doctor. A back that’s forced him out of fights. A back that has seized up on him in the cage with killers like Mark Hunt and Francis Ngannou. Derrick Lewis and Alexander Volkov nearly brawl during ceremonial weigh in, there is bad blood between them since Lewis previously called out by Alexander Volkov for a fight at UFC Russia . Derrick Lewis is comming off the hidiouse Francis Ngannou clusterfuck. Derrick Lewis can not afford another boring fight if he wants a title shot. Volkov has been tagged up before and has average take down defense . Generally, he relies on conditioning and toughness to outlast his opponent, but he does have KO power. Alexander Volkov has a sick side kick to the head that could end this fight or lewis could capitalize on it and use it as a take down where lewis gets most of his wins. Its rare you get under 2 1/2 on a heavy weight fight.

Not sure man. I can see Volkov by decision.
    Welchers are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by smartmoneyfollower View Post

What a WILD KNOCKOUT by Lewis!

RX Local
    Not sure man. I can see Volkov by decision.
    And this is exactly what should've happened had it not be for Volkov's stupidity.
    Welchers are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobdeeper7239 View Post
    “Send me location.”
    “I’m from the mountains. Tough mountains. Tough life.”
    What did you do? You do nothing! You broke bus. You think you hero, you broke bus?
    “If you think this one is problem. I think you don’t understand where I am from. I am from Mountains. You know, tough mountains. Tough life.”

Yeah....Sure sounds like it doesn’t it Enflameo?

Lmfao.

RX Local
    Yeah....Sure sounds like it doesn’t it Enflameo?

Lmfao.
    What are you talking about weirdo? You posted 4 quotes from Khabib and that’s your way of telling us Khabib was going to going to win the fight easily? Come on man.

I posted Khabib ITD. Very clear and unequivocal and at better odds than the ML.
    Welchers are the worst.

“Send me location.”
    “I’m from the mountains. Tough mountains. Tough life.”
    What did you do? You do nothing! You broke bus. You think you hero, you broke bus?
    What are you talking about weirdo? You posted 4 quotes from Khabib and that’s your way of telling us Khabib was going to going to win the fight easily? Come on man.

I posted Khabib ITD. Very clear and unequivocal and at better odds than the ML.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You think you hero now?

RX Local
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You think you hero now?
    I'm just wondering what the hell posting four quotes from a fighter says to anyone that follows this MMA Forum?
    Welchers are the worst.