Brooklynworm's nfl 2018 preview, rankings, and predicted standings.

Search
Tokens
A word from the Brooklynworm: attached, is my NFL 2018 evaluations on all 32 teams. Since my report will be released before the end of exhibition season, you need to follow the injuries, and any team issues, that may occur.

(1.) Philadelphia Eagles- Predicted Record: 12-4. The Super Bowl champs remain loaded with talent, and could repeat in 2018. The Eagles, have two capable QB’s that can start behind an excellent offensive line their offense includes, an above average aerial attack, with two outstanding running backs. This offense, no doubt, will continue to score points. Defensively, The Defensive line, secondary, and special team coverage, is just as good as their offense. The Eagles will face tougher opponents, however, their depth chart is deep, and their team is talented.

(2). New Orleans Saints- Predicted Record: 11-5. The Saints could match the Eagle offensive explosiveness. QB Drew Brees, wide receivers, running backs, and tight ends, all register in the top five at those positions. The defense is solid against the run, and pass. However, they have the second toughest schedule this season. They will be fighting the Atlanta Falcons for first place in the NFC South. The Saints need another outstanding season from their QB Drew Brees, if they want to go to the Super Bowl.

(3) Los Angeles Rams: Predicted Record 11-5. The Rams surprised us in 2017, and they continued to make moves in the off season. On paper, many are saying Super Bowl. I am saying, not so fast. Team chemistry is an important factor in the NFL. With all these big names, and faces, will this team come together? Goff, is an average QB, and a system signal caller. The offense is just above average, by comparison to Philadelphia, New Orleans, and Atlanta. The Defense, is the strength of this team, in their defensive front seven, and secondary. The Rams walk into a tougher schedule in 2018. Yes, I have them playoff bound, and losing to Atlanta, New Orleans, or Philadelphia, in the NFC championship game.

(4) Minnesota Vikings: Predicted Record: 11-5. I would have ranked the Vikings higher, however, Kirk Cousins at QB, is still a mystery to me. He leaves a team that wasn’t expected to win, to a team that is expected to win. Will the Viking chemistry, with their new signal caller, all come together this season? Right now, Cousins, has above average weaponry, and will have to look for help from his running backs. The Minnesota offensive line is suspect providing pass protection, so establishing the run is key, to help Cousins in the pocket. The Minnesota defense is solid, and will give the Vikings a chance to win. I have them beating out Green Bay, for first, in the NFC North, and making the playoffs.

(5) New England Patriots: Predicted Record: 11-5. The media, made the Patriots the topic of discussion this off season, and the Belichick benching of Butler. The talk shows are all saying that the Patriot, are on the verge of collapse. If you know anything about the Patriot success, they are a plug in, and play team. One player goes down, and there are others, to take his place. You heard of the system QB, well, this is the system team. The Pats don’t depend on Pro Bowlers, or costly players, that affect their CAP. The other factor working for the Pats, is the teams in their division. Jets, Bills, and Miami. These teams will regress, during the 2018 season, and the Pats may go 6-0 in their division. The Pats win their division, and are in the playoffs. After that, let’s see if they can make it to the AFC championship game.

(6) Pittsburgh Steelers: Predicted Record 11-5. The Steelers no doubt, are strong offensively. The issue here is signing Le’Veon Bell to a long term contract. The longer Bell holds out, the more of a distraction this will be to his team. We will see what transpires, as training camp moves along. Once the Bell situation is put to bed, Roethlisberger, and company, is all systems go. Big Ben’s offensive line looks like they will protect him in the pocket, compared to seasons past. However, the Steeler defense, remains suspect. Their playoff elimination, that surrendered 40 points to Jacksonville, looks like it hasn’t much improved. The Steelers will win their weak division. The question I have, is will they make it at least to the AFC championship game?

(7) Atlanta Falcons- Predicted Record: 10-6.Atlanta ranks right up there with the Eagles, and Saints. This team has exceptional talent, on both sides of the ball. The Field goal kicker, and special teams play, will be a plus factor. I see a battle brewing between the Saints and Falcons, in this division, for the top spot. Could be a tossup. However, both teams are heading for the playoffs. The first regular season matchup, is must see TV.

(8) Los Angeles Chargers: Predicted Record 10-6. This has been a bad luck team. They suffer key injuries to their talented players, year after year. In 2017, the Chargers lost their first four games, in the last minutes by missed field goals. However, San Diego, came charging back, and finished the regular season 9-7. Offense, isn’t the Charger problem. Their defense is average, and Joey Bosa, must have an outstanding season , to bolster up their front seven. I see this team, advancing to the playoffs, as a wild card team in the AFC.

(9) Green Bay Packers: Predicted Record 10-6. Green Bay, basically finished 7-9, without Rodgers, They should improve above .500, if Rodgers stays healthy in 2018. They shook up the team, and brought in Jimmy Graham, as his main offensive weapon. The Packers look weak at wide receiver, and at halfback their offensive line is good enough to protect Rodgers. Defensively, they have a solid front seven, but weak in the secondary, and on special teams. Green Bay, also faces a tough schedule. The only reason why I have the Pack over .500, is that a healthy Rodgers will be suiting up. Not wild about their post season chances, with Minnesota in their division.

(10) Carolina Panthers: Predicted Record: 9-7 although the Panthers may have improved their team in the off season, Cam Newton, is an enigma. You don’t know which Cam Newton will show up, week to week. One week he shows flashes of Brilliance at QB. The next week, he can be awful. His offensive line last season, didn’t give Cam the pass protection he needed, and was sacked often. There was some improvement to address this concern, but not enough. The O-Line, is mediocre at best, and injuries will hurt their depth. Defensively, the Panther’s front seven, is outstanding, the weakness is found in their secondary. Making a playoff spot, could be tough. They are in the same division as Atlanta, and New Orleans, and may get shutout with a 9 win season.

(11) Oakland Raiders: Predicted Record: 9-7. Gruden, left head coaching about a decade ago. Most head coaches that attempted comebacks, failed. The question is, can Gruden coach the modern day player? So you have an old school coach that may have trouble having his players buy into his program. The Raiders no doubt, have the talent to win, but age is catching up to them. The Raiders strengths, QB, WR, RB, and a good offensive line. Defensively, they have an above average front seven, but a mediocre secondary. The strength of schedule is in their favor, and they could finish above .500, in the Playoffs, could be a possibility, if they win the AFC West. They won’t make it as a wild card.

(12) Tennessee Titans: Predicted Record: 9-7. The Titans finished last season 9-7, and I don’t see winning more than 9 games this season. The Titans, improved their poor secondary in the off season, however, the other areas of this team, hasn’t improved much. QB Marcus Mariota, has not brought his game to a higher level. The rest of the offense, and defense, looks mediocre across the board. Tennessee’s advantage is that they play in a weak division, and have a favorable schedule. Might win their division, and eliminated in the first round of the playoffs.

(13) Dallas Cowboys: Predicted Record: 9-7. The Cowboys haven’t addressed their offense, by losing Dez Bryant, and Jason Whitten. That means Prescott, and Elliot, have to have pro bowl seasons, in order for the Cowboys to advance. If this duo regresses, expect the Boys to fall below .500.The biggest asset the Cowboys have, is their outstanding offensive line that makes a difference. Their defensive front seven is solid, especially with the return of Randy Gregory at DE. This means that the Boys will have a pass rush this season. They will need a good pass rush, to protect their suspect secondary. Dallas, plays in a tough division, with every team improved, and Philadelphia returning as Super Bowl champs. Dallas will fight for a wild card, and chances are they may miss the playoffs.

(14) Jacksonville Jaguars: Predicted Record: 9-7 “In Bortles We Trust”. Last season after going 10-6, and having success in the playoffs, landed him a new multiyear contract. So the Jags are hoping that Bortles just didn’t have a flash in the pan season. Look what happened to Joe Falco, after he won a Super Bowl, and signed a new contract. I don’t think this will be the same team, we saw in 2017. I am not impressed with their offense across the board. There only strength, is a decent running game, behind a good offensive line. The Jags are stronger on defense, from their front seven, to their secondary. They have a favorable schedule, and have a chance to win this weak division. They are on the fence, to make the playoffs again this season.

(15) San Francisco 49ers: Predicted Record: 8 – 8. The 49ers only won 6 games last season, and Jimmy Garoppolo starred in five of those victories. Now the question remains, can Jimmy perform at this level, during a full NFL season? Last season, before the Garappolo trade, the Niners fell into the abyss, and nobody really paid any attention to them. Now, since Garappolo, had success taking over this team, the NFL is paying attention. The NFL teams, now have enough film footage, to study Jimmy’s tendencies, and weaknesses. The question is, will Jimmy make the adjustments? Keep in mind, this isn’t a talented SF team. Their defense has holes in their front seven, and their secondary is questionable. So I think giving the 49ers eight victories is a gift, but at the same time, and improvement. As for playoffs, the LA Rams own this division, and a wild card is iffy.

(16) Kansas City Chiefs: Predicted Record: 8-8. The Chiefs veteran is gone, and replaced by the rookie Patrick Mahomes. KC, will have to exercise their patience, and expect many rookie errors. The Chiefs have enough fire power, and talent on offense, to help Mahomes make the transition into the pros. Defensively, KC’s secondary could be shaky, and the defensive line looks stout. KC, has a good enough chance to win the AFC West, as any other team in their division. 9 wins could win the West, and make the playoffs.

(17) Baltimore Ravens: Predicted Record: 8-8. Recall, after Baltimore won their Super Bowl with Flacco, they immediately extended his contract. However, Flacco, since signing his new contract, hasn’t lived up to expectations. So Baltimore drafts a rookie QB, Lamar Jackson, to compete for the starting job. Flacco, is in his contract year, once again, after this season. The question is, will this motivate Joe, to play like he did, when the Ravens won it all? Flacco either plays up to his potential, or is benched in favor of the rookie QB for under achieving. Baltimore in the off season, improved the receiver corps, to help Flacco. This is still not an explosive offense, defensively, the Ravens have enough talent to hold their own. I predict by mid-season, Jackson will be the new starting QB, and Baltimore will fall short of the playoffs.

(18) Denver Broncos: Predicted Record: 7-9. The Broncos QB, Case Keenum, is now at a level, to solve Denver’s QB woes. I am not saying that Case, is leading this team to a Super bowl. What I am saying, is that he will bring stability, and get this team back on the winning track. Offensively, they lack firepower, and talent. Denver’s strength is their defense that comes from their defensive line, and secondary. Meantime, KC, Oakland, and LA Chargers, are all ahead of them in the AFC west.

(19) New York Giants: Predicted Record 7-9. The Giants will definitely improve their 3-13 record in 2017. They were busy in the off season, and added key personnel. They may have landed the best player in the draft Saquon Barkley. A healthy Beckham returns, and the offensive line was improved. The question marks in 2018, is how QB Eli Manning performs, can the O-Line give the immobile Manning pass protection, and can they improve upon their awful defense from last season? The Giants play in a tough division, with the Super bowl champion Eagles. So doubling their win total in 2018 is do-able.

(20) Detroit Lions: predicted Record: 7-9. Detroit hired a new head coach, Matt Patricia, from the Patriots, with no NFL experience at head coaching. Most coaches hired in this spot, struggle their rookie season while at the helm. Keep in mind, in 2017, Packer QB Rodgers, missed about 8 games, and is now 100%. The Chicago Bears have improved as a team, and Minnesota could be a super bowl contender. So the NFC North will be a tougher road for the Lions, especially when looking at their strength of schedule. I think they will regress, and not win 9 games in 2018.

(21) Chicago Bears: Predicted Record: 7-9. The problem with the Bears is that they drafted the wrong QB. Now the Bears organization, has revamped their offensive weapons, and brought in a new offensive scheme. The Bears, will not employ, a deep vertical passing game. They will try to sustain long drives, and allow their above average defense, to keep their opponents close. Their offensive line in my opinion, isn’t stout enough to protect Trubisky. The Bears are what they are.

(22) Seattle Seahawks: Predicted Record: 7-9. Looks like the Seahawks need to start rebuilding. The days of “Legion of Boom” is gone. They lost key players on the defensive side of the ball. The Seattle offense has been a nightmare for years, and it appears that Pete Carroll, still hasn’t addressed this issue going into 2018. This team would be lost, if it wasn’t for the services of Russell Wilson at QB. Wilson’s legs, and speed, helps him to avoid sacks, and extend pass plays when being pressured, Seattle has talented receivers, and Wilson will have to heavily rely on them, because they lack punch at Tight End, and at the halfback position. The defensive line should be okay, however, their secondary may struggle. I see no playoffs in their near future.

(23) Washington Redskins: Predicted Record: 6-10. They lose Kirk Cousins, and the gain Alex Smith? Can you really tell the difference? Both QB’s in my opinion, have trouble reading, and making the big play. So let’s say trading for Alex Smith is a wash. The one particular position I am interested in, drafting Derrius Guice. In 2017, the Redskins had no running game. If Guice can execute as a pro, this will lift the Redskins offense tremendously, and take pressure off Smith. Washington , has a solid offensive line, to pass protect, and run block. The Redskins defense has a weak secondary, and about average with their defensive front seven. They will be playing in a competitive NFC East.

(24) Arizona Cardinals: Predicted Record: 6-10. Arizona’s solution in the off season, was to sign QB Sam Bradford? Bradford in my opinion, is mediocre at best, and doesn’t really help the Cardinal offense. Arizona, is all in, with their best offensive weapon David Johnson. The only question is, can he stay healthy? The wide receiver bunch, isn’t impressive, and their offensive line, is no great shakes. Their strength defensively, is in their secondary. The Cardinals play in a tough division, and strength of schedule, isn’t on their side.

(25) Houston Texans: Predicted Record 6-10. The biggest question within the Texan organization, is if QB Deshaun Watson return healthy, and continue to impress, after falling to an ACL injury? The other question is, can JJ Watt finally remain healthy, and play a full season? This team in my opinion is overrated. Their offensive line is suspect. Their TE, and half back positions are average, to below average. Their defensive line lacks depth, and injuries have been a problem, when a key player goes down. The only positive thing that I see, is they have a favorable schedule. However, teams in their division, have improved.

(26) Indianapolis Colts: Predicted Record: 5-11. Here’s my dilemma. Do I evaluate Andrew Luck, as a quarterback, that started where he left off before his serious injury? Or, is he a quarterback that is still on the mend, and will take some time to return to his old form? Common sense, reminds me that Luck is only human, and it will take some time to be the player he once was. Although Luck may have an improved offensive line to protect him, I rated the O-Line from the worst, to about average. Luck doesn’t have many talented offensive weapons to go to, and their defense will suffer against the run, and their secondary, will be beat like a drum.

(27) Cleveland Browns: Predicted Record: 5-11. Going from zero wins in 2017, to five wins in 2018, will be impressive, and signs of being back on the road to recovery. They now have a veteran QB Tyrod Taylor, from Buffalo, and they drafted a first round QB, Baker Mayfield. Taylor will start, and Mayfield will learn from the sidelines. No longer will a rookie Brown QB, will be thrown from the pan, and into the fire. In addition, the Browns made a bunch of positive moves in the off season, to bolster this team. The offensive line should provide the pass protection, and the run blocking, for a team that desperately needs it. Cleveland’s weakness, is their defense. The front seven, and the secondary is suspect. The same could be said about their special teams. Lastly, the Browns play a tough schedule.

(28) Cincinnati Bengals: Predicted Record: 5-11. The first question that comes to mind, is why head coach Marvin Lewis still employed by the Bengals?. Not only has he failed as a head coach, the organization rewarded him with a two year extension? Now, here’s the funny part. The Bengals rebuilt their offensive line, replaced the offensive coordinator, and still have Andy Dalton as their QB? With all these changes, yet, Lewis, and Dalton are still in Cincinnati. The new offense doesn’t improve their offensive line, and doesn’t increase their chances of winning. Their secondary, and special teams are a joke, and they have an average defensive front seven. Last season, the Bengals went 7-9, now watch them continue to regress.

(29) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Predicted Record 5-11. You can thank QB Jameis Winston for this lowest ranking. The suspension killed the Buc’s season, and now they have to rely on the inconsistent Ryan Fitzpatrick, that plays the position, like a deer in headlights. The Bucs play in the toughest division in the NFL. Facing the Saints, Panthers, and Falcons, they can go 0-6. Normally, I would have ranked Tampa Bay higher, but I think this will be Winston’s last stop.
(30) New York Jets: Predicted Record 5-11. Too early to predict how the Jets will play, and finish in 2018. The Reason? The QB starting job goes to Teddy Bridgewater, and not to the rookie Darnold. The question is, how will Bridgewater perform, after being away from the game these past two seasons? Bridgewater, could be a bust, or turn the Jets into a sleeper team. If the Jets get off to a bad start, we will see Darnold sooner, than later. Their receiver, and TE corps lacks talent. Their running backs are their strength, however, their offensive line is suspect. As for defense, their unit ranks below average in the NFL. They will surrender many points to their opponents this season. All the Jets have to look forward too, is Sam Darnold developing into their franchise QB, for the next ten years. The rest of the team is in a rebuilding mode. Typical Jet mismanagement.

(31) Miami Dolphins: Predicted Record: 4-12. Look how bad the AFC East is. You have the Patriots sitting on an Island all by themselves, with the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins to follow. The Dolphins might have signed Amendola, Gore, and Osweiler, however, they lost Suh, Landry, and Timmons. The trade off, Dolphins now have less skilled players, and made themselves older. QB Ryan Tannehill returns from his season ending knee injury, however, he has shown after all these years, that he can’t QB at the next level. The defense is lacking talent to defend against the run, and pass. Their O-Line is about average.

(32) Buffalo Bills: Predicted Record: 4 -12. The Bills let go of their veteran QB, and replace him with a drafted rookie QB with no experience, and a veteran bench jockey, from the Bengals. Josh Allen, is far from ready to start in the NFL, and AJ McCarron, what has he accomplished in his NFL career. Maybe they should have kept Tyrod Taylor? On top of that, there best offensive weapon, RB Shady MCoy, was accused of a home robbery, and assault. While these charges will be investigated by the NFL, the outcome of this case could suspend McCoy for a long period of time. Without McCoy, there is no offensive talent on the field. The defense appears to be in tact against the run and pass. However, they will be compromised, if their offense cannot manage the clock.

Tokens
"A word from the Brooklynworm"

That's a really big 'word'.
@):)

Tokens
Good read Worm!

Am I the only person here at RX who is not on Cleveland's bandwagon? This is still
a sorry team with a sorry coaching staff and even sorrier front office. Getting five
wins from a team that doesn't know how to win is wishful thinking in my opinion.

RX Member
Tokens
Good read Worm!

Am I the only person here at RX who is not on Cleveland's bandwagon? This is still
a sorry team with a sorry coaching staff and even sorrier front office. Getting five
wins from a team that doesn't know how to win is wishful thinking in my opinion.

I don’t think there is a team in the league that has been backed more by the “so called” sharps the last two years and they have taken it in the shorts big time. They’re off and running again this year as the season wins total has been bet up to 6 in some spots and the sharps are on them in week 1 vs. Pitt. No thanks .

Tokens
​Thank u Worm dawg! BOL this here year and hope ya get the football money! cheersgifcheersgifcheersgif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaybone34
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com