Social Media tech giants go on a banning rampage against Conservatives and Republicans

Search

I'm from the government and I'm here to help
Tokens
Mon, Aug 6 and already Tue, Aug 7 smells like a good 'ol left wing book banning exercise as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Apple, YouTube, and Spotify have conspired to ban a bunch of popular right-leaning journalists and politicians under the guise of hate speech.

Alex Jones and his crew, including Paul Joseph Watson, have been permanently banned by YouTube, Pinterest, Facebook, Apple and Spotify for violations of "Community Standards" and "content that could lead to harm"

Paul Joseph Watson's beliefs that this is a coordinated effort among Democrats to silence their opposition as mid-term elections near was given more creedence when facebook then banned CA 16th congressional district Republican candidate, Elzabeth Heng's, campaign video which shows that her family fled communist Cambodia for the USA saying that this is "sensational content". Heng's campaign that "great things come from adversity" stems from her family's exit during the Cambodian Civil War but apparently facebook doesn't want negative content aligned with their Communist brothers.

This on the heels of Tennessee Republican Marsha Blackburn having her campaign ads blocked on facebook and google which centered around pro-life beliefs and were deemed "inflammatory" by the criminally left-wing tech giants.

Also part of yesterday's witch hunt were:
Tommy Robinson, leader of the English Defence League and author of Enemy of the State and Why Muslims kill for Islam
Dan McAdams, libertarian and Executive Director of the fantastic Ron Paul Institute
Scott Horton, Managing Director of The Libertarian Institute, director of www.antiwar.com, and foreign policy podcast host https://scotthorton.org/
Peter Van Buren, a 24-year State Department employee who has written several books detailing his time spent in the State Department

Just recently, Infowars, slid into the top 7 most downloaded apps at google and apple which clearly has shaken up the ultra-left tech companies. Infowars has more downloads than CBS, ABC, MSNBC, Washington Post, New York Times, the BBC, and NPR. (i should say HAD more downloads)

This week appears to be the Lefties "night of the long knives" purge of right-leaning content. Very bad news

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory
Handicapper
Tokens
Alex Jones can be a tad bit off the wall, I don't know much about the other guys, but I do know left leaning sources get away with misleading articles every day

Are we going to stop career politicians from lying about everything?

Will Maxine Waters be censored? The DNC? Chuck Schumer? Nancy Picknosi? Where does it end? Who decides?

What AJ says about Newtown can be very hurtful, and he's as wrong as wrong can be (like some of the fucking idiots around here), but that doesn't mean he should be silenced just like I'm not an advocate of banning people just because I disagree with them about everything

The difference is lefties are enabled by the left, while those very same enablers can't tolerate opposing voices. They're little babies lost in the big bad woods

Tokens
Will, this is just the first 24 hours of the censorship crusade. Very scary to see an elected official (in CT, of course) say that the SURVIVAL OF OUR DEMOCRACY DEPENDS ON stopping the free exchange of ideas and the first amendment.

Chris MurphyVerified account @ChrisMurphyCT
@ChrisMurphyCT​

Infowars is the tip of a giant iceberg of hate and lies that uses sites like Facebook and YouTube to tear our nation apart. These companies must do more than take down one website. The survival of our democracy depends on it.

Dj_1Nw4W4AAB4fq.jpg
Dj_1GmJUcAA_1_q.jpg

Rx Normal
Tokens
Regardless of how you view Alex Jones, the left is pushing this country closer to a second civil war.

Tokens
Regardless of how you view Alex Jones, the left is pushing this country closer to a second civil war.
please understand this is NOT JUST about alex jones. While it didn't get the big coverage that Jones did the censorship now includes a Republican candidate for a Congressional seat in CA, The head of Ron Paul Institute, and the managing director of The Libertarian Institute. None of them are conspiracy theorists but they speak from a view point which is inconsistent to what Apple, Google, Facebook believe to be the proper rhetoric. This is seriously ugly shit...major Marxist, Communist takeover here fashioned after Hitler's fascist control over propaganda.

The idea that a woman whose family survived a civil war will have her political campaign banned because it shows Communists in a bad light is a shocking realization.

The Great Purge of Ideas, or something similar, will be the slogan going forward for what these Marxists are attempting this week

Tokens
[h=1]Facebook to Banks: Give Us Your Data, We’ll Give You Our Users[/h][h=2]Facebook has asked large U.S. banks to share detailed financial information about customers[/h]
Facebook Inc. FB +0.46% wants your financial data.
The social-media giant has asked large U.S. banks to share detailed financial information about their customers, including card transactions and checking-account balances, as part of an effort to offer new services to users. Facebook asked banks for information about where its users are shopping with their debit and credit cards outside of purchases they make using Facebook Messenger, the people said. Bank executives are worried about the breadth of information being sought, even if it means not being available on certain platforms that their customers use. Bank customers would need to opt-in to the proposed Facebook services, the company said in a statement Monday.

Rx Normal
Tokens
please understand this is NOT JUST about alex jones. While it didn't get the big coverage that Jones did the censorship now includes a Republican candidate for a Congressional seat in CA, The head of Ron Paul Institute, and the managing director of The Libertarian Institute. None of them are conspiracy theorists but they speak from a view point which is inconsistent to what Apple, Google, Facebook believe to be the proper rhetoric. This is seriously ugly shit...major Marxist, Communist takeover here fashioned after Hitler's fascist control over propaganda.

The idea that a woman whose family survived a civil war will have her political campaign banned because it shows Communists in a bad light is a shocking realization.

The Great Purge of Ideas, or something similar, will be the slogan going forward for what these Marxists are attempting this week

Of course it isn't only about Alex Jones, but make no mistake, the fascists are well aware how much of an influence and role he played in electing Donald Trump.

The left has lost the narrative and think by crushing free speech they can once again control the flow of information. They're wrong. That horse already left the barn ages ago. Nobody trusts the fake news media anymore.

Like everything else the left does, this will ultimately blow up in their faces.

Handicapper
Tokens
Chris Murphy should be censored, the man lies about everything and I find that offensive

They really are the scum of the earth, they think they're important, most productive people and almost every small employer thinks they're worthless, useless idiots. Larger employers give donations and get kickbacks, so using the fucking idiots serves a purpose for them

Tokens
The outrage over this makes no sense to me. These are private companies, they can be as hypocritical as they want about who is on their platform, they can censor who they want. What did people think FB or YouTube was a public good or something? (lol @ that notion)

They're owned/run by leftist/globalists, it is what it is but I don't see why people think Alex Jones has some God-given right to express his views on their platform?

This site censors people all the time for expressing out of the mainstream opinions. Go try and make a post on the main forum about a contentious issue and see how fast it gets moved to RR/poli forum.

Tokens
Question!

Isnt it kind of weird THOSE platforms did it at the same time? Its like they are taking orders from someone or conspiring...

Tokens
Zuckerberg has a massive special interest advocacy group dedicated to open borders and has advocated for significantly expanding the welfare state. He ain't exactly hiding his viewpoints or those of his Masters of the Universe tech brethren.

Handicapper
Tokens
America in a civil war the way the left wing liberals are acting.......yeah, its gonna happen, we just don't know when.

Handicapper
Tokens
Zuckerberg has a massive special interest advocacy group dedicated to open borders and has advocated for significantly expanding the welfare state. He ain't exactly hiding his viewpoints or those of his Masters of the Universe tech brethren.

Several evil characters are pulling the strings behind the scene.......its only gonna get worse. The liberals started this battle in the 1960's, & have taken over the schools & universities & indoctrinated our youth.

Its the destruction of Americas moral fiber & the family unit......once you destroy that, it's all down hill from there.

Handicapper
Tokens
The outrage over this makes no sense to me. These are private companies, they can be as hypocritical as they want about who is on their platform, they can censor who they want. What did people think FB or YouTube was a public good or something? (lol @ that notion)

They're owned/run by leftist/globalists, it is what it is but I don't see why people think Alex Jones has some God-given right to express his views on their platform?

This site censors people all the time for expressing out of the mainstream opinions. Go try and make a post on the main forum about a contentious issue and see how fast it gets moved to RR/poli forum.

I agree, they are private companies and they can make these decisions. However, they're morphed into "News Organizations", they're officially media giants now. And the FCC regulates media giants to ascertain not too much power is condensed in any one source, and that opposing political views are given equal time.

Newspapers can and do print anything they want, but television and radio are regulated. Where do internet companies fall? I'm not sure

I would hope that the people take care of this issue themselves, that there's so much backlash that the internet media business owners make different decisions. But they're more biased than the DC Press, Silicon Valley is 99% liberal, and they manipulate just like any typical liberal. They see no wrong in their bias, because they think of themselves to be inherently good and they think they're doing the right thing. While conservatives allow free speech and different opinions, liberals DO NOT. They prefer to silence the opposition, and this should be totally obvious to all by now. It's all so damn surreal.

They either allow free speech and let people decide for themselves, or they will become the next victims of FCC Regulations

Handicapper
Tokens
I remember when I used to do searches for 9/11 stories. A simple search like "witnesses for the Pentagon attack" and the first two pages of hits would be stories about how there are no witnesses. It was hard to find the truth, the story I was looking for. I did find it eventually, there were tens of thousands of witnesses. People who saw the low flying commercial airline plane while driving to work or walking or outside their windows as the plane flew by them. People who gave a detailed description of what they saw, and all their stories were the same.

Finding the truth was so hard, that the cruise missile lie became the truth to far too many Americans. Alex Jones was a big part of that internet hoax, but we didn't need to be protected from him, the truth prevailed and good and smart people know much of what AJ spews is outlandish bullshit. People who blindly follow that stuff can't be reached anyhow, they will die with their tin foil hats on.

Tokens
Tech giant, Amazon, is now selling a "Make Israel Palestine Again" shirt ... surely no hate speech intended here, right? just the friendly shirt designed to abolish the only Jewish state in the world. https://www.amazon.com/Make-Israel-Palestine-Again-America/dp/B07D5V84RT

available in 5 colors and in Mens, Womens, and Youth sizes.

A13usaonutL._CLa%7C2140,2000%7C512Cw5fdpvL.png%7C0,0,2140,2000+0.0,0.0,2140.0,2000.0.png

• Solid colors: 100% Cotton; Heather Grey: 90% Cotton, 10% Polyester; All Other Heathers: 50% Cotton, 50% Polyester
  • Imported
  • Machine wash cold with like colors, dry low heat
  • This Make Israel Palestine Again shirt will have all your Palestinian friends laughing! Many people believe Palestine should be recognized as an Arab State. Stop the fighting over Gaza, Jerusalem, the west bank and create great peace in the middle east!
  • Great gift for the Conservative Republican Trump fan or sarcastic Liberal Democrat in your life. No matter how you feel about Israel and the Israelis lets get the mideast peace talks started again and get a treaty signed!

Life's a bitch, then you die!
Tokens
Tech giant, Amazon, is now selling a "Make Israel Palestine Again" shirt ... surely no hate speech intended here, right? just the friendly shirt designed to abolish the only Jewish state in the world. https://www.amazon.com/Make-Israel-Palestine-Again-America/dp/B07D5V84RT

available in 5 colors and in Mens, Womens, and Youth sizes.

A13usaonutL._CLa%7C2140,2000%7C512Cw5fdpvL.png%7C0,0,2140,2000+0.0,0.0,2140.0,2000.0.png

• Solid colors: 100% Cotton; Heather Grey: 90% Cotton, 10% Polyester; All Other Heathers: 50% Cotton, 50% Polyester
  • Imported
  • Machine wash cold with like colors, dry low heat
  • This Make Israel Palestine Again shirt will have all your Palestinian friends laughing! Many people believe Palestine should be recognized as an Arab State. Stop the fighting over Gaza, Jerusalem, the west bank and create great peace in the middle east!
  • Great gift for the Conservative Republican Trump fan or sarcastic Liberal Democrat in your life. No matter how you feel about Israel and the Israelis lets get the mideast peace talks started again and get a treaty signed!
Give the people what they want and make a buck while you're at it. Capitalism at its finest.

Rx Normal
Tokens
Delingpole: Now YouTube Is Adding ‘Fact Checks’ to Videos that Question ‘Climate Change’

youtube-640x480.png

BULENT KILIC/AFP/Getty10 Aug 20184,036

And so it begins: YouTube is now adding “fact checks” to videos which question the man-made global warming scare narrative.

According to Buzzfeed News:

YouTube is now adding fact checks to videos that question climate change, BuzzFeed News has confirmed, as a part of its ongoing effort to combat the rampant misinformation and conspiratorial fodder on its platform.

On July 9, the company added a blurb of text underneath some videos about climate change, which provided a scientifically accurate explainer. The text comes from the Wikipedia entry for global warming and states that “multiple lines of scientific evidence show that the climate system is warming.”

This new feature follows YouTube’s announcement in March that it would place descriptions from Wikipedia and Encyclopedia Britannica next to videos on topics that spur conspiracy theories, such as the moon landing and the Oklahoma City bombing. In doing the same for climate videos, the company seems to be wading into more fraught and complex intellectual territory.

Sure, in many ways it’s a trivial and pathetic gesture. Quoting Wikipedia as your credible source is a bit like citing CNN as the go-to site for all the latest info on Donald Trump. And anyway, that “scientifically accurate explainer” is at best vague, at worst far more misleading than the videos it is supposed to be “fact checking.”
It says:

“Global warming, also referred to as climate change is the observed century-scale rise in the average temperature of the Earth’s climate system and its related effects. Multiple lines of scientific evidence show that the climate system is warming.”

So the records show that there has been some gentle warming of less than 1 degree C since the world began emerging from the Little Ice Age a century and a half ago.

So what? This whole line of argument is a Straw Man, which wilfully misrepresents the sceptical position. It’s not whether or not climate changes that preoccupies sceptics. It’s whether recent warming is significantly man-made – and if it is, whether, it’s something we should worry about, and whether it’s within our means or in our interest to do anything about it anyway.

But the real issue here, of course, is that like Big Tech’s near-blanket banning of Alex Jones, it’s the thin end of the wedge.

We know that, given half the chance, Big Tech would like to go much, much further in its censorship of viewpoints which run counter to the prevailing Silicon Valley ‘progressive’ narrative.

We also know that it is being pushed in that direction by leftist politicians and activists and media outlets.

The George-Soros-funded Media Matters for America, for example, recently published a long screed excoriating Mark Zuckerberg for hosting climate sceptical articles, videos and adverts on Facebook.

Facebook, well-known as a breeding ground for misinformation, has a particular problem with disseminating false and misleading messages about climate change science. The platform spreads climate-denying videos and other posts, hosts climate-denying ads, and officially partners with climate-denying media outlets and organizations.

So far, Zuckerberg has held firm. But for how much longer?

What cannot be stated often enough about “climate change” is that it is much more of a political issue than it is a scientific one.

There is no credible evidence that recent warming is unusual, worrying or unprecedented. Nor is there any credible evidence that it is significantly man-made. Nor yet is it obvious that we have the power to control the climate – or that it would be advisable to try to do so.

So, because the actual science has been so unhelpful to their cause, the people pushing the alarmist narrative have been forced to promote it by other means. To a large degree, these “other means” have entailed shutting down the opposition.

After all, if you can’t win an argument on facts, you only hope of victory is to ensure the other side never gets heard.

And what better way to silence your opponents by declaring their articles and videos “fake news” – and hiding the truth in the guise of public interest?

https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/08/10/big-tech-starts-to-censor-climate-skeptics/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb52197
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com