Forum: OFFSHORE FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The internet's most popular and busiest sports betting forum. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: Best draft position for a ppr league this year?

Page 1 of 84 1234567891021 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Best draft position for a ppr league this year? 
    It's a third round reversal league and we have to submit draft order preference.

Going back and forth on this. I'm not sold on the big 3 this year. Its tempting to pick towards the end with third round reversal. But I'm also really wanting Barkley and I'll need to be 5th to grab him.

Thoughts?

i drafted 5th in my dynasty league where i had the 1st option to pick my draft #. I liked the 5 spot because I knew I was guaranteed a stud rb at the 5 spot and it elimintated me having to pick which one. Also you get to pick that much sooner compared to being in the 1-2 in the 2nd round

RX Local
    5 probably.

I like Kamara over Barkley though. Just a higher floor and also he can be handcuffed via Ingram (and Ingram is probably flex viable even when they're both healthy depending on roster sizes) If Barkley goes down, the Giants are just gonna rotate 2-3 clowns and it'll be a mess.

Also, Kamara floor is just a lot higher and I think sometimes people make the mistake of trying to win the league in rd 1 rather than just try to make a good pick. Barkley might be the next L Bell but at that pick valuation you're really banking on it that he is, especially given the Giants QB/OL situation.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan1283 View Post
    5 probably.

I like Kamara over Barkley though. Just a higher floor and also he can be handcuffed via Ingram (and Ingram is probably flex viable even when they're both healthy depending on roster sizes) If Barkley goes down, the Giants are just gonna rotate 2-3 clowns and it'll be a mess.

Also, Kamara floor is just a lot higher and I think sometimes people make the mistake of trying to win the league in rd 1 rather than just try to make a good pick. Barkley might be the next L Bell but at that pick valuation you're really banking on it that he is, especially given the Giants QB/OL situation.
    Even with 3rd round reversal?

I like the idea of maybe stealing Antonio brown at 5 but I want to stay away from Zeke. Hes burned me twice in ppr. Dallas simply doesnt want to use him in the pass game

RX Local
    How many teams in the league and how exactly does 3rd round reversal work?

How many starters per week?

I like the idea of getting Kamara+Ingram and Ingram should fall because he got popped for 4 games.

I do like AB a ton this year (such a hot take, I know), bet him at 48-1 to win league MVP but I don't like the RB's after Kamara (it isn't necessarily that I don't like them, I just think figuring out who among them will eat is harder than people think and unnecessary to try in full PPR) so I'd rather lock in 1 that is really good then get WR's.

What platform do you play on? I was gonna play a few leagues on apex sports because they only take 12% rake but my problem with those leagues is they allow trades. And some idiot is always going to make a bad trade and since the money is concentrated at the top, this isn't a zero-sum transaction for the rest of the league. So it becomes a waste of time. Those sites would be way better if they allowed leagues with no trading. I think at this point everyone who does those leagues is sick of trades.

How many teams in the league and how exactly does 3rd round reversal work?

How many starters per week?

I like the idea of getting Kamara+Ingram and Ingram should fall because he got popped for 4 games.

I do like AB a ton this year (such a hot take, I know), bet him at 48-1 to win league MVP but I don't like the RB's after Kamara (it isn't necessarily that I don't like them, I just think figuring out who among them will eat is harder than people think and unnecessary to try in full PPR) so I'd rather lock in 1 that is really good then get WR's.

What platform do you play on? I was gonna play a few leagues on apex sports because they only take 12% rake but my problem with those leagues is they allow trades. And some idiot is always going to make a bad trade and since the money is concentrated at the top, this isn't a zero-sum transaction for the rest of the league. So it becomes a waste of time. Those sites would be way better if they allowed leagues with no trading. I think at this point everyone who does those leagues is sick of trades.
    3rd round reversal is where the draft order flips in round 3. So if you are picking 12th. You pick 12th, 1st, 1st

12 team ppr league. Start 2 rb and 3 wr plus flex

NFFC. Not crazy about the format on there but I played it last year and it's the only place that takes indiana residents. No trades allowed

Not a kamara fan because I cant stomach taking a committee guy in round 1 and his TD rate isnt sustainable.

Pat's do you buy the Mccaffery PPR early second round hype?

RX Local
    Probably still say 5-6 range.

Kamara TD rate might not be sustainable but he barely played the first 1/4th of the season last year (factor that into his stats last year) and now Ingram is out the first 1/4th of this season. So keep that in mind.

Just think he is the combination of perfect talent for perfect system/offense, similar to Faulk on the greatest show on turf. +Not having to run into 300+ pound guys on a regular basis tends to make you more durable.

If you aren't cool on him, I'd say a top 3-4 pick is probably best then. It's more efficient with the 3rd rd reversal though.

How many teams make the playoffs out of 12?

Probably still say 5-6 range.

Kamara TD rate might not be sustainable but he barely played the first 1/4th of the season last year (factor that into his stats last year) and now Ingram is out the first 1/4th of this season. So keep that in mind.

Just think he is the combination of perfect talent for perfect system/offense, similar to Faulk on the greatest show on turf. +Not having to run into 300+ pound guys on a regular basis tends to make you more durable.

If you aren't cool on him, I'd say a top 3-4 pick is probably best then. I dunno, it's more efficient with the 3rd rd reversal though.

How many teams make the playoffs out of 12?
    4 teams make playoffs. Best H2H record gets the 1 seed and then the three highest point scorers after that. I dont like the playoff structure at all. You take your weekly scoring avg from reg season into the playoffs. No head to head in playoffs. Just highest scoring avg of the three weeks plus your reg season scoring avg. Takes a lot of excitement of H2H battles out of it IMO

RX Local
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinCruise View Post
    Pat's do you buy the Mccaffery PPR early second round hype?
    Ehh, it makes sense but that's just not who I'd want to target is a avg rushing RB who relies on PPR in an offense that I think is average. Olsen is back too and he's a target monster. And CJ Anderson when he is actually healthy is a nice upgrade over J Stewart, maybe he eats into snaps too.

I don't think he's bad value necessarily but I'd rather take WR's like Julio/OBJ over him and come up on RB later.

GO LEAFS GO

12 is the best for nffc to me. odell/allen/julio/mccaffery. and then pick 25 coming back for another WR

Hard to imagine you'd have to get to at least 5th to draft Barkley. I have him at 10th on my rankings. Lots of better running backs.

RX Local
    Quote Originally Posted by NBAcapper08 View Post
    12 is the best for nffc to me. odell/allen/julio/mccaffery. and then pick 25 coming back for another WR
    This is just my opinion and if people don't want to go with it then I certainly don't blame them, this guy has been a fantasy disappointment the last few years but I'd be fine with the 5-6th pick and getting Amari Cooper in the 3rd rd.

The Raiders just lost Mack and their D is gonna blow this year, Crabtree is gone and Martavius just got banned from the NFL. I think he's in that tier of WR's that will go in the 25 range like Diggs, Thielen, Hilton, Fitz and I'd rather get a RB like Kamara than CMC.

But if you've sworn off Amari Cooper for life at this point then I can't blame you, I just don't see how he doesn't get 160-175 targets in Gruden's offense.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAcapper08 View Post
    Everytime I mock at 12 I end up with two stud WR but garbage RBs. And that wont work for nffc

This is just my opinion and if people don't want to go with it then I certainly don't blame them, this guy has been a fantasy disappointment the last few years but I'd be fine with the 5-6th pick and getting Amari Cooper in the 3rd rd.

The Raiders just lost Mack and their D is gonna blow this year, Crabtree is gone and Martavius just got banned from the NFL. I think he's in that tier of WR's that will go in the 25 range like Diggs, Thielen, Hilton, Fitz and I'd rather get a RB like Kamara than CMC.

But if you've sworn off Amari Cooper for life at this point then I can't blame you, I just don't see how he doesn't get 160-175 targets in Gruden's offense.
    Not that I'm a jordy fan since I called it last year that Adam's would pass him up. But I could see Jordy becoming the #1 wr in oakland. Cooper just isnt a good receiver.

The more mocks I do the more it seems like you really need one of the stud RBs this year. The dropoff is tremendous after this group.

Gurley, Bell, Johnson, Barkley, Kamara, Zeke

The more mocks I do the more it seems like you really need one of the stud RBs this year. The dropoff is tremendous after this group.

mccaffrey is ahead of samara for me this year. def ahead of barkley

McCaffrey, Hunt, Fournette, and Gordon will all put up better numbers than Barkley (in addition to the other names you listed).

Auction....

5 probably.

I don't understand why everyone thinks this. There is almost no way Kamara get over 250 touches this year if Ingham is still involed and Barkley likely sees 350 touches plus. Besides that the chances that Kamara scores at the rate he did last year is almost impossible. He scored a TD basically once every 15 times he touched the ball last year. By contrast over the course of Le'Veon Bell's career he has scored 1 TD roughly every 37 times he touches the ball. Do people really believe that he is going to keep scoring TD's at that pace? Either he has to get way more touches or its almost certain he will score less TD's this year imo.

Picking 7th.

Couldn't decide between Kamara and Barkley and this guarantees me one of them without the decision and a better pick on the flip.

Pick 7 will all but guarantee me a stud rb and a stud WR. Someome like AJ green, michael Thomas, devante Adam's, or Mike Evans should be available in round 2

Then maybe a Doug Baldwin or amari cooper type guy in round 3.

I could live with starting my team with Kamara, AJ Green, Doug Baldwin.

We shall see

Anybody have strong opinions on QB? Or a mid to late round ppr RB sleeper?

i just drafted 12th the other day in a regular snake, i ended up with obj and michael thomas. but your right, rb value was extremely weak anytime it came back to me. I drafted alex collins at 36 and snagged carson around 60th. Then I just loaded up with a bunch of fliers/ppr rbs........ jamaal williams, terik cohen, james white, powell.

for what its worth, yahoo gave my team the only A grade for the draft in my league and I have highest projected total, but we all know they have to produce and stay injury free.

Those draft grades are the kiss of death. Most teams I see with a '"C" or worst usually out perform the "A" grades. Most of their analytics are wrong.