Forum: Community Contests - Find Community / Poster run Contests Here. Please Read Financial transactions warning.

Thread: THE 7th ANNUAL 2018 LV HILTON STYLE NFL CONTEST (Picks & Standings Thread)

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314
  1. #326  
    RX Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    66
    Need to start it soon to give everybody time to enter. Longer it takes the less entries
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #327  
    Super Moderator & He Scores! JOH™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    US
    Posts
    36,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Truedrinker View Post
    Need to start it soon to give everybody time to enter. Longer it takes the less entries
    There are certain winners of these contests that I will go above and beyond to work harder for. You, sir are not one of them. I'll leave it at that. I'm supposed to be on vacation until Wed, FWIW.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #328  
    Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    Posts
    65,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Truedrinker View Post
    Is there going to be another contest this year? I thought it usually started signups around this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack1999 View Post
    Under the impression that there will not be one. NO posting up. Other type of contests will replace it. GL.
    I believe there will be one for 2019, JOH has said he's going to start the process when he returns from vacation later this week

    6 weeks is plenty of time, we'll be fine and it should be a great contest even if the numbers are down a bit, and who knows if that even happens
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter". "A rising tide raises all boats". "MAGA"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #329  
    RX Wizard
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    14,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie99 View Post
    I believe there will be one for 2019, JOH has said he's going to start the process when he returns from vacation later this week

    6 weeks is plenty of time, we'll be fine and it should be a great contest even if the numbers are down a bit, and who knows if that even happens
    Are you volunteering to bank the contest, Willie?

    We need someone we really trust. You are the one.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #330  
    Super Moderator Betallsports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    97,550
    just a suggestion since i learned a valuable lesson

    You should use 2-3 guys to hold equal amounts in the NFL contest and 1 guy for College
    and you can even use 1 guy just to accept Money orders

    just my opinion
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #331  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    5 minutes away
    Posts
    9,598
    I agree with BAS -- if we use one person and something happens to that person -
    we are out of luck and posters will be crying like last time.
    Better to have multiple folks handling the funds -- easier said than done though
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #332  
    Super Moderator Betallsports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    97,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Recon792 View Post
    I agree with BAS -- if we use one person and something happens to that person -
    we are out of luck and posters will be crying like last time.
    Better to have multiple folks handling the funds -- easier said than done though
    Willie, LTFL and Michelangelo probably would be Great start

    Like I said before, just throwing it out there
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #333  
    RX Wizard
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Roll Tide
    Posts
    13,336
    Just so you know...…….

    BAS had a health emergency that was really serious. It's still serious while he works
    to get better. The man is still in therapy and has a ways to go to get anywhere near
    full recovery. BAS handled himself like the professional he is with all the crap being
    thrown at him regarding the NFL contest. I admire him for that.

    We're pulling for you to show improvement in the near future. God's speed Mike!
    "A trophy carries dust. Memories last forever." Old Coach
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #334  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    5 minutes away
    Posts
    9,598
    BAS is a true professional of the highest order
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #335  
    Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    Posts
    65,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelangelo View Post
    Are you volunteering to bank the contest, Willie?

    We need someone we really trust. You are the one.
    Thank you Mico, if nominated I will serve
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter". "A rising tide raises all boats". "MAGA"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #336  
    RX Wizard
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    14,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Betallsports View Post
    Willie, LTFL and Michelangelo probably would be Great start

    Like I said before, just throwing it out there
    I've already gone on record endorsing Willie and LTFL. As Willie said, if drafted I will serve.

    But I don't do PAYP*L so I would have to hold money orders. Just to be sure, I wouldn't want to cash them. I'd just hold them for redistribution at Contest conclusion. Would that work OK?

    BAS, I assumed that you were back functioning normally. But after reading what cloverleaf wrote, it sounds like you are still rehabbing. Hope all is going as anticipated. We need ya and I'm sure your family and friends need you too. God speed.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •