Forum: Community Contests - Find Community / Poster run Contests Here. Please Read Financial transactions warning.

Thread: THE 7th ANNUAL 2018 LV HILTON STYLE NFL CONTEST (Picks & Standings Thread)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ... and I discussed it with kcody9 by PM and made my decision. Sorry it didn't go over well but that's the ruling.

RX Junior
    its early in the season.. I vote 1 time 45 minute reprieve for Mr KCod...

Quote Originally Posted by CMac View Post
    fully disagree. you let one person pass then it becomes an issue...

Quote Originally Posted by PoundFoolish View Post
    fully disagree. you let one person pass then it becomes an issue...
    Agree. Screw that. You sleep on making picks, you lose...

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    Quote Originally Posted by CMac View Post
    Problem is you can't change the rules once they've been established. That would undermine the very integrity of the contest, and that's NOT something anyone wants to do.

There is only one exception, if such a rule change received the unanimous consent from the participants. And I don't think it's even worth trying to get unanimous consent.

I'm making this point to try an explain why organizers have their hands tied.

4:01 PM EST on Saturday is late, the contestant receives zero points for the week. I think one person, BAS?, overcame a blank slate to finish in the money one year
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter". "A rising tide raises all boats". "MAGA"

RX Junior
    Deadlines, Should never be an issue.

If you have a job, submit your plays a day or two early and there will never be any worries.

Set alarms, have a family member as a contingency for tech issues, etc.

Good Luck Everyone!!!

RX SemiGod
    I totally missed the deadline on Week 1 and got an 0-5. Went 4-1 on posted (elsewhere) picks. Never bitched or asked for a reprieve. My bad. Period.

Any contest run with integrity needs hard rules. One minute late is too late.

RX Junior
    Too be clear, I never "bitched" about my picks not being submitted. I simply asked the questions as I had a problem. I don't submit my plays early bc of injuries, line movements, etc., as suggested above. I do not ask my family members to contribute to my gambling habits. I asked the question because I made a mistake, I was simply told "no", I accepted the decision and moved on. I would have been stupid not to ask the question as I do not know if there is any precedent on this in the past. I generally don't monitor this board with such alacrity that I would be aware of such a situation. JOH told me he has not made an exception in 6 years of running the contest, I respect his decision, end of story. As long as that continues to be the policy going forward, I have no issues.

Just for good measure, I set my grandma up with the interwebs so she can be my proxy going forward......great suggestion!