Forum: Hockey Forum - Sponsored by: bet365.com
Post your picks and discuss anything related to betting hockey here.

Thread: 2018/2019 Season Thread

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    RX Junior
    thanks hache,
    tough night 0-2 -4 units
    playoffs 2-4 -3.65 units

boston +105 2 units
    believe its a long series and evenly matched teams. taking a chance they steal this one

RX Junior
    playoffs 3-4 -1.55 units

Washington +105 2 units
    based on how carolina played at home the last 2 games i would suspect the line to be higher. imo the caps are veterans and towards the end of game 5 you finally saw some life out of kuznetsov who has basically been non-existent thus far. ovechkin playing the best hockey he ever has as a complete player, i suspect they follow his lead tonight. big moment and a lot of pressure for a young carolina team. ill take the veteran team with the solid leadership to win a road game here in a hard fought game.

RX Junior
    have to update the record but down a little in the playoffs 3-5 -3.55 units
    havnt updated the series bets which i think was another -1.5 units

San Jose over 5.5 2 units
    couple reasons here but overall i thought the speed of the first game was the telling story, lot of chances there. bennington really didnt have much of a chance to be successful when the sharks were having odd man rushes. martin jones has played well but still giving up 2-3 a game. san jose does a great job of moving the puck back and forth so the goalie has to move side to side, very tough to defend and more prone to rebounds as opposed to a straight on shot. i would lean sharks but like the total more

Quote Originally Posted by skins85 View Post

couple reasons here but overall i thought the speed of the first game was the telling story, lot of chances there. bennington really didnt have much of a chance to be successful when the sharks were having odd man rushes. martin jones has played well but still giving up 2-3 a game. san jose does a great job of moving the puck back and forth so the goalie has to move side to side, very tough to defend and more prone to rebounds as opposed to a straight on shot. i would lean sharks but like the total more
    $$$

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by skins85 View Post

Winner!
    and you provided rationale for your pick...

RX Junior
    THanks guys
    on my phone so cant go too far into detail but....

boston 2 units +105
    bruins have the ability to get under your skin and force you to take bad penalties. A young team with their backs against the wall is in a tough spot va the pesky bruins. I don’t like the uncertainty in net for Carolina and think Dougie Hamilton is a liability on defense. Carolina will likely be more physical at home which should be fine with Boston, they seem to be suited for a physical game. Should be tough but Boston is simply the better team with the better goaltender. Seems like a foregone conclusion that the canes will win at home so gonna go against the grain here and take he bruins.

RX Junior
    Playoffs 5-5 +.55 units
    1-1 on series bets -2.8 units
    Regular Season 46.41.1 +10.38 units
    Futures 5-3 +7.2 units

wanted to update everything so i could track.
    looking at tonight and will post if i have a play

RX Junior
    St Louis in regulation +105 3 units

home ice, better goalie, better at 5 v 5. blues won without anything from their 5 power play opportunities in game 2. tarasenko a star waiting to break out and i think he should be able to tonight. the sharks have really focused on stopping him and eliminating him from the gameplan, but the other blues players are stepping up and getting scoring out of other lines (3rd and 4th playing very well). martin jones has played well in spurts but has a save percentage below 90% in these playoffs and i dont trust that on the road. bennington (similar to raask last night) can just shut down a team and as a rookie on the road i thought he performed very well in game 2, and in game 1 i dont think the team really helped him out. back at home i could see him really performing and limiting the sharks to 1-2 goals. i dont see jones under the pressure he should face tonight being able to keep the blues with less than 3.