Forum: OFFSHORE FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The internet's most popular and busiest sports betting forum. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: Michael.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanatic View Post
    Youíve never experienced a hurricane in central MA I assure you, nevertheless a Cat 4. Your an ignorant poster. Or just fucking dumb. McDís sign knocked down?? Seriously you have issues.

Hurricnaces dont survive over land, they lose all their power. You really donít know this. Central MA is as likely to get a hurricane as Kansas. A Northeaster doesnít count buddy, those are harmless.
    by the way the 1938 hurricane was a category 5. the most powerful one ever to strike the continental u.s. just research it instead of looking at those lame pictures of a hubcap rolling by and a some thin branches in the middle of the road. yes, a couple of roofs fell on cars but they should be insured. probably not though. wow, a canopy fell off a restaurant. maybe 45 minutes to put back up. devastating. the flooding while annoying is about 2 or 3" looking at those pics. when water reaches the top of those stop signs then maybe you have something.

RX Junior
    that has to be the lamest non damage a hurricane has ever caused. those branches are impeding them from looting no doubt. #28 post.

RX Local
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheddar View Post
    We vacation on St George Island every year. Very beautiful place, hope it survives. We just paid $13000 for our house rental for next spring
    Heard itís a mess. Canít confirm though

Quote Originally Posted by unusualsusp11 View Post
    tell that to the people who were in the hurricane of 1938. research that one dumb ass. also hurricane carol and diane in 1954 and 1955 were as bad as this one. also take a look at the worcester tornado in 1953 just for laughs and giggles. you obviously have no knowledge of central ma. i do. i've been through all of those except the 38 one. i would think 98 deaths in the worcester tornado is a tad more damaging than the 1 paltry death this one caused because a tree fell on some poor guys tiny house. i know it wasn't a hurricane but it was a weather event far worse than this windstorm that lasted about 10 minutes there yesterday. most of the damage in florida were to buildings that probably needed to be razed anyway, shacks.
    Those hurricanes do look awful, so for that I apologize.

Reading up on them quick, I do believe most of the damage were in coastal communities where winds were the strongest. Flooding and major rain fall was mostly the issues in central MA. None of those Hurricanes stayed at Cat 4 or 5 by the time they reached that far inland. Not to mention 80 years ago I'm sure people didn't evacuate like they do today. If people stayed during these current hurricanes down south many more people would have died, like Katrina. But people have learned to not fuck with these storms and they're much better off leaving. I'm sure very few left New England during those storms back then which led to more deaths, especially since infrastructure was not nearly as good back then (roads/homes).

I over exaggerated central MA being immune to storms, but these people down south get hit with hurricanes multiple times a year and while most go by without too much damage, you shouldn't really down play an event where people die. But I do agree with you the sensationalized media ALWAYS takes it too far with their coverage.

RX Local
    Billions of dollars of damage is a lot

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by unusualsusp11 View Post
    by the way the 1938 hurricane was a category 5. the most powerful one ever to strike the continental u.s. just research it instead of looking at those lame pictures of a hubcap rolling by and a some thin branches in the middle of the road. yes, a couple of roofs fell on cars but they should be insured. probably not though. wow, a canopy fell off a restaurant. maybe 45 minutes to put back up. devastating. the flooding while annoying is about 2 or 3" looking at those pics. when water reaches the top of those stop signs then maybe you have something.
    Been trying to figure out for last 10 minute how to respond to this guy. I cant. This guy is a friggin moron. I have friends in the panhandle/Georgia area. Life sucks for them at the moment (it will eventually be ok).

Hurricanes suck

At best, we pray for no major damage to our properties and that we are all safe. It just sucks that we cannot use the things we take for granted (electricity, a/c, internet, phone, etc) for a bit

RX Member
    Andrew was stronger and several others but not to diminish the destructive nature of this storm. Thoughts & prayers are with you northern Florida

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightrofins View Post
    Been trying to figure out for last 10 minute how to respond to this guy. I cant. This guy is a friggin moron. I have friends in the panhandle/Georgia area. Life sucks for them at the moment (it will eventually be ok).

Hurricanes suck

At best, we pray for no major damage to our properties and that we are all safe. It just sucks that we cannot use the things we take for granted (electricity, a/c, internet, phone, etc) for a bit
    i'm sure your friends will find their lawn furniture in their neighbors yard and they can gut it out without power if they are without a generator which makes them not that bright. a few shingles on a roof are not a big deal. half a days work. so respond to that. at least i'm not moronic enough to live in florida.

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanatic View Post
    Those hurricanes do look awful, so for that I apologize.

Reading up on them quick, I do believe most of the damage were in coastal communities where winds were the strongest. Flooding and major rain fall was mostly the issues in central MA. None of those Hurricanes stayed at Cat 4 or 5 by the time they reached that far inland. Not to mention 80 years ago I'm sure people didn't evacuate like they do today. If people stayed during these current hurricanes down south many more people would have died, like Katrina. But people have learned to not fuck with these storms and they're much better off leaving. I'm sure very few left New England during those storms back then which led to more deaths, especially since infrastructure was not nearly as good back then (roads/homes).

I over exaggerated central MA being immune to storms, but these people down south get hit with hurricanes multiple times a year and while most go by without too much damage, you shouldn't really down play an event where people die. But I do agree with you the sensationalized media ALWAYS takes it too far with their coverage.
    i know. i went too far. it was bad for a lot of people. way over hyped this time after the storm instead of before it. do not believe that many evacuated from this one though. people live in florida because they do not like snow or cold weather. both are harmless if you stay inside.

Enflameo/Defame
    Some homes in Mexico Beach were completely carried away by towering storm surges caused by the hurricane.

Enflameo/Defame
    Concrete slabs were all that was left in some parts of Mexico Beach after the hurricane brought strong winds and storm surge.

Enflameo/Defame
    Search-and-rescue teams fanned out on Thursday across Mexico Beach to reach trapped people by Michael.

Enflameo/Defame
    Debris from homes destroyed by Hurricane Michael litters the ground in Mexico Beach.

Enflameo/Defame
    Aerial photos taken in Mexico Beach show the utter devastation caused by Hurricane Michael on Wednesday.

Enflameo/Defame
    Rescuers searched the Mexico Beach area on Thursday morning after the hurricane made a direct hit on the small town.

Enflameo/Defame
    Lee Cathey, 37, Al Cathey, 71, and Charles Smith, 56, survey damage in the coastal township of Mexico Beach.

Enflameo/Defame
    Boats washed up among the debris of houses in Mexico Beach on Thursday following the devastating hurricane.

Enflameo/Defame
    Firefighter Austin Schlarb performs a door to door search in the aftermath of Hurricane Michael in Mexico Beach Thursday.

Enflameo/Defame
    Jim Bob looks out on the destruction caused as Hurricane Michael passed through the area in Mexico Beach.

Enflameo/Defame
    Bianna Kelsay was rescued from her home in Mexico Beach on Thursday as crews went door to door looking for people.

Enflameo/Defame
    People hold hands as they walk amidst destruction in Mexico Beach in the aftermath of Hurricane Michael.

Enflameo/Defame
    The coastal township of Mexico Beach lays devastated after the eye of the storm made landfall there on Wednesday afternoon.

Enflameo/Defame
    Emergency workers Dr. Patricia Cantrell, left, and Ana Kaufmann survey damage at the western edge of town in Mexico Beach.

Enflameo/Defame
    A woman walks through a destroyed store in Springfield, Florida on Thursday.

Enflameo/Defame
    Storm damaged boats are seen crowded together in Panama City on Thursday as residents of the Florida Panhandle woke to scenes of devasation.