Forum: MAIN FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: are the Raiders a piece of shit or what!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RX Local
    Offense will be a complete dumpster fire once they trade Cooper. Will be an easy team to use streaming defenses against in fantasy
    2021 MLB 46-38+$16,147

RX Junior
    i think cooper could be good somewhere else like dallas. he is talented and seems to keep his mouth shut. he can get open but the raiders havnt been able to utilize him well. ive had him in fantasy last 2 years and been disappointed but there are time where you can see his talent if he had a good coordinator. he also seems like a team player. you have guys like odell, dez and kelvin benjamin who bitch about things and dont put up numbers. if you dont put up numbers then shut the fuck up. seems like these alabama players (julio, amari, henry, engram, drake, howard) learn how to be professionals before entering the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrofins View Post
    You had said that Gruden had expected this team to be like his 2002 team in tampa. Tampa's offense was very average. However they had Hall of Famers on defense (or close to). Sapp, Lynch, Ronde, Brooks, etc.

If he wants his team like the 2002 bucs, then i will ask again why he got rid of Mack???

Actually he didn't exactly get rid of Mack,its Mack who had a price and the Raiders would not pay what he wanted,so he might as well get something(draft picks) for him knowing he would not play without a extention to his contract....aka(Bell from Pitt)

and as said,1 guy don't make a team,it takes 22 players to do their job for success,but in Mack's case he only depended on the other 10 on defense.
    Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got.

Quote Originally Posted by VIEJO DINOSAUR View Post
    Gruden should be arrested for fraud.....he pulled off the biggest heist in NFL history....

3-2. The Bears must really suck

The Raiders are 3-2 after a big 24-21 win over the Chicago Bears in London. The Raiders took a 17-0 lead against a Bears defense that had shut down everyone else. They made things interesting in the second half, giving up the lead but scored the game-winning touchdown just inside of the two-minute warning.
    That score came from rookie running back Josh Jacobs, who had 143 total yards and two touchdowns. He was one of the players the Raiders drafted as a result of the Mack trade. Much was made of how Mack would get revenge on the Raiders this week. He had three tackles and a quiet day. None of that means the Mack trade was the right move, but for at least one week Gruden shouldn’t have to hear much about it.

Freedom Doesn't Mean You're Free To Do Whatever The Hell You Want
    Super Moderator
    Gruden deserves some credit.

Has them looking much better.

L5Y, USC is 4-0 vs SEC, outscoring them 167-48!!! 3peet's Avatar
    2, B2B road wins against legit teams. Ran up 24 points against the 1 defense in the league. 7 game changing or pivotal plays were all done by rookies. Through all the adversity this team has gone through since June, Gruden has them playing will resiliency. Josh Jacobs as the result of the Khalil Mack trade. Looks like Gruden knew what he was doing.

A playoff team? Don't know yet. But certainly a tough out vs anyone in the league.

5-4

Josh Jacobs scored on an 18-yard run with 1:02 remaining and the Raiders pulled out their second thriller in five days, beating the Los Angeles Chargers, 26-24, on Thursday night.

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    While the Raiders were going through their version of the Antonio Brown saga, I thought Gruden might lose the locker room. I thought he might not be such a good coach anymore

Think I was wrong
    Free daycare, preschool, college, healthcare, prescriptions, it's all free people. Redirect police funding, navigate away from oil, the Green New deal, pack the SC 😆

RX Semi-God
    Raiders might only be a dog one more time the rest of the year, @ KC.

Schedule is very easy second half and their game @ LAC in week 16 will likely be a home game if they are in playoff contention.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie99 View Post
    While the Raiders were going through their version of the Antonio Brown saga, I thought Gruden might lose the locker room. I thought he might not be such a good coach anymore

Think I was wrong

You’re a man here. You’re 40. Takes a man to admit when he was wrong.

RX Junior

Think I was wrong
    I think they rallied around it instead. Good for them
    Season records
    NCAAF: 29-21 | NFL: 21-24 | NBA: 25-14 | NCAAB: 1-2

Think I was wrong
    It really is coming along. Mike "Big Cock" Mayock's picks are all cashing in. The rookies are delivering all over the place. While everyone thought Gruden was past him prime and was told he won with Dungy's team is so far getting the last laugh. They are a run first, multiple TE, big OL offense. Just the way Gruden constructed it. Hell even all of us here in the Bay torched Gruden for trading Mack and Cooper. But you know what? He was right. Both of those guys were scholarship players. Cooper for sure. He was a moody fucking diva. At least now there are guys here who are dogs and hungry. I'll hold my breath as far as playoffs. Anything can happen. I know, KC will be an loss. JAX & Tenn aren't guaranteed wins. As a Raiderfan, it's week to week for me. I'm just savoring every home game before they leave.

RX Senior
    Since winning Super Bowl after 2002 season, Gruden is 54-69. It is reasonable to submit that any success (a 5-4 record with a -32 point differential??) currently enjoyed by The Greatness is in spite of his leadership rather than because of it
    Don Trump is another Nixon.....if Nixon had 4th grade literacy, weighed 321 lbs, snorted amphetamines like Pez, consumed only pureed food & exhibited expanding symptoms of FTD

Quote Originally Posted by carl spackler View Post
    It's only year one of a ten year plan. Jeez.
    Playoffs ??

Last week’s win over the Los Angeles Chargers put the Raiders in a good spot. Everyone has talked about that brutal stretch to their schedule in the first half of the season, when they went without a game in Oakland for two months. Nobody talked much about how the Raiders’ schedule got a lot easier in the second half of the season.
    Here are the Raiders’ final seven games:
    Week 11: vs. Bengals
    Week 12: at Jets
    Week 13: at Chiefs
    Week 14: vs. Titans
    Week 15: vs. Jaguars
    Week 16: at Chargers
    Week 17: at Broncos

Aside from the game in Kansas City, every one of the other six games for the Raiders is winnable (and even the game in Kansas City isn’t impossible given the Chiefs’ issues on defense). Let’s give the Raiders a 4-3 finish, which seems a little conservative. That would put them at 9-7 and that should be good enough in a soft AFC.

2-0 Baby!!

The bigger surprise belongs to Jon Gruden and the Raiders who have shocked the league by starting out 2-0, including an overtime primetime victory over the Baltimore Ravens to start the season. On Sunday, they put up 425 yards of offense and 26 points on an typically suffocating Pittsburgh Steelers defense. That’s two AFC contenders set aside by Derek Carr and company, which should raise a lot of eyebrows—even if it’s a small sample size.

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    Two impressive wins
    Free daycare, preschool, college, healthcare, prescriptions, it's all free people. Redirect police funding, navigate away from oil, the Green New deal, pack the SC 😆

RX Member
    Playoffs in 21 (22) and 22 (23).

If you haven't been paying attention the difference is the revamped defense. D Coordinator Gus Bradley has the defense playing at a high level. They've signed key all pro's like Soloman Thomas (DT), Yannick Ngokue (DT) Quinton Jefferson, KJ Wright (LB), Nick Kwiatkowski (LB), Cory Littleton (CB) Casey Hawyard for free agents. (They're 2nd in the league at QB pressures. The players are tackling better, secondary seems to always be in the right place and you see more opportunity for interceptions or batted balls. In the past the Raiders defense WAS the achillies heel. Blown coverages, missed tackles, poor tackling, giving up 3rd and 20's almost 40% of the time. Lamar Jackson was sacked 3 times and lost 3 fumbles. Ben Roethlisberger 27/40 ,295 1 TD, 1 sack 1 INT. Those are 2 playoff teams that were corralled.

Call me a homer sure. But the Raiders defense passes the eye test. Seen it since pre-season.