MistaFlava's College Football Week 8 ***POWER SELECTIONS*** (Writeups & Analysis)

Search

Handicapping Machine
Tokens
2018 MistaFlava's CFB Record: 29-12 ATS (+278.00 Units)

Had another huge week in College Football last week hitting my PLAY OF THE WEEK on Texas and finishing 7-3 ATS (+77.00 Units) and now moving to 19-7 ATS in the last 3 weeks!

Good luck to everyone

----------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, October 18

Arizona State Sun Devils +2 (10 Units)

The Stanford Cardinal are not a BAD team but they are also not a GOOD team. Sorry they're not. This is a team that was supposed to contend for a PAC 12 Conference Title and that had a darkhorse chance of making the BCS Playoffs but instead Stanford comes into this game on a two game losing streak with losses to Utah and Notre Dame. In their last three games the Cardinal have been outyarded by 445 total yards of offense and despite outyarding Utah by 2 total yards they still lost the game 40-21. The assumption is that this is a bounce back game for Stanford and it kind of is but do you not find the line sketchy? This is the PAC 12 after dark afterall. RB Bryce Love is back tonight and rushed for 300 yards (yep you read that right) in last year's matchup but Arizona State is allowing only 2.9 yards per carry at home on 109 rushing yards per game. This is a whole different ball game with the Sun Devils playing on their home turf. I know Love has been out with an injury but Stanford averaged 63 rushing yards on 2.6 yards per carry away from home this season. In three home games this season, despite not playing the strongest of teams, Arizona State's defense has 16 sacks, 2 interceptions and 3 fumble recoveries. In two road games this season Stanford QB KJ Costello has been sacked 7 times. Stanford should get some yards in this game but Arizona State's defense will bring pressure, they will make plays and they will force critical turnovers.

The Arizona State Sun Devils have looked good at home. They beat UTSA 49-7 in their home opener back in September outyarding them by 283 total yards, they then followed that up with a huge statement 16-13 win over Michigan State (who are now ranked) outyarding them by 47 total yards and then they beat up on 52-24 on Oregon State two weeks ago outyarding the Beavers by 152 total yards. That's a 3-0 ATS record at home in 2018 and outyarding opponents by a total of 482 yards in three games. They are averaging 39.0 points per home game on 495.3 total yards of offense on a crazy 7.1 yards per play. Stanford's defense has been horrendous in their two road games at Utah and Notre Dame allowing 34.5 points per game and 537 total yards of offense on 6.3 yards per play in those games. The Sun Devils have a tremendous running game at home averaging 235.7 rushing yards per game on 6.3 yards per carry which is a problem for a Stanford defense allowing 4.3 yards per carry on the road. The secondary is a mess allowing 312 passing yards per game and 9.5 yards per pass attempt and they will struggle to have any success against this underrated Sun Devils offensive line that has allowed 2 sacks in three home games. I absolutely love the matchup for Arizona State, Stanford's defense is in big trouble.

Looking at the history of these two schools playing each other its goes back quite a while but they don't play each other that often. Arizona State is 3-1-1 ATS in their last five games hosting the Cardinal and they are also a very good team when coming off a loss. The Sun Devils lost 28-21 at Colorado last weekend but they are 6-0 ATS in their last six games coming off a straight up loss. Arizona State is also 5-1 ATS in their last six home games dating back to last season and they have covered the spread in 7 of their last 10 games versus a team with a winning record on the season. Stanford allowed 222 rushing yards against Utah so I went back and looked at how they did the following few games after allowing 200+ rushing yards in the past and they went 0-3-1 ATS in the following games the last four times. Geez. The Home Team in this series is 10-4-1 ATS in the last 15 meetings and at some point people are going to have to understand that Stanford is just not that good. It will show again tonight, Arizona State get rid of their Thursday Night curse and win this game!

Trend of the Game: Arizona State is 6-0 ATS in their last six games coming off a straight up loss.

Arizona State 36, Stanford 21

more to come...

Tokens
Mr. Flava...….BOL with your action tonight buddy.....on them with you...…….indy

Tokens
​Get them this here w/e my friend! Get football money my friend! cheersgifcheersgifcheersgifcheersgifcheersgifcheersgifcheersgifcheersgif

Tokens
Mr. Flava........looking forward to your weekend thought's buddy....like C/W says, get that F/ball money...........indy

Handicapping Machine
Tokens
Not the start I was looking for this week but Stanford played one of their best games of the season or did they. Arizona State outyarded them by 79 yards and first downs were only 24-20 for Stanford. Turnovers 3 (Arizona State) and 0 (Stanford) were the difference. Onto the next!

adding...

Saturday, October 20

Michigan State Spartans +7.5 (10 Units)

The Michigan Wolverines are one of those teams that is either going to give you a Jekyll performance of a Hyde performance in big games. It's a matter of figuring out which one ahead of time. The Wolverines come into this game as the #7 ranked team in the Country and they deserve it. They are 6-1 SU and have outyarded every single one of their seven opponents in 2018 even Notre Dame who are responsible for their only loss of the season. Problem for Michigan is that Michigan State have also outyarded most of their opponents in 2018. So far this season Michigan has played on the road twice and average only 18.5 points per game in those games on 341.5 total yards of offense and 5.1 yards per play. Nothing to write home about. Michigan State's defense is not back to any kind of elite level and they have allowed a lot of points at home but they allow only 5.0 yards per play at home and it is virtually impossible to run against team (32.0 rushing yards per game and 1.4 yards per carry at home). Michigan is averaging only 3.2 yards per carry in two road games this season. The Spartans secondary has 6 interceptions in three home games this season and they make big plays. Michigan has 18 penalties for 152 penalty yards total in their two road games this season and that's a problem. Won't be any easy going for the Wolverines today.

So much talk about Michigan and how they have outyarded all their opponents so far in 2018 but I keep saying it, Michigan State has almost done the same. Despite the 4-2 SU record on the season, the Spartans all of their opponents except Arizona State (on the road) who outyarded them by 47 total yards. The Spartans are coming off a massive win at Penn State last week, a game everyone (including me) thought would be a huge win by the Nitts who were coming off a bye week, off a loss to Ohio State and catching Sparty in a "look-ahead" game. Not the case. Michigan State dominated and outyarded Penn State at College Station by 21 total yards. Even in a loss by 10 here at home two weeks ago the Spartans outyarded Northwestern by 44 total yards. So far in 2018 Michigan State is averaging 29.3 points per home game and averaging 5.5 yards per play on 407.3 total yards of offense. Their running game is more effective (3.7 yards per carry) at home than Michigan's on the road and their QB play has been good enough to keep this game close. Michigan has forced only 1 turnover in two road games this season and the Spartans are a disciplined team at home (6.3 penalties per home game, not bad). I don't see this offense going off but they will make enough big plays to win or keep this close.

Prior to their 9 point win (as a -24.5 point favorite) in East Lansing in 2016, Michigan had not won here since way before any of our college football time. Again the Wolverines won here last time out but they barely won as three plus touchdown favorites. Michigan State went to AA last season and pulled off a 14-10 shocker win as a +13 point underdog. MICHIGAN STATE HAS COVERED THE SPREAD THE LAST 10 MEETINGS between these schools and they are 5-0 ATS in their last five home games versus Wolverines. Michigan did not look good at Notre Dame or at Northwestern and they are 0-4 ATS in their last four road games coming in. They are also 3-8-1 ATS in their last 12 games played in October. They have also covered only 7 of their last 26 games coming off a spread win the previous game. Michigan's kryptonite is Michigan State and now you are giving the Spartans, who are coming off a win at Penn State last week, more than a touchdown at home? My goodness, I'm on it.

Trend of the Game: Michigan State has covered the spread in 10 straight games versus Michigan dating back to 2008.

Michigan State 24, Michigan 18

more to come...

Handicapping Machine
Tokens
adding...

Alabama-Tennessee 'OVER' 56.5 (10 Units)

This is a very rare TOTAL play for me but I have a hard time resisting. So far this season the OVER has hit 4 of Alabama's 6 games and in their two road games in 2018, the total points scored were 69 (at Ole Miss) and 96 (at Arkansas) so there is no reason to believe this won't be the exact same kind of result. Alabama has scored at least 39 points in every single one of their games this season and even 39 (last week versus Mizzou) was their lowest total of the season and the Crimson Tide have scored 50+ in all but two of their games. That would leave Tennessee with a task of scoring only 7 points or more. Alabama is averaging 53.6 points per game and have the #1 ranked total yards per game offense in the Nation, the #5 passing yards per game offense in the Nation and the #1 Points Scored per game offense. In their last three games Tennessee's defense has allowed 36.2 points per game and 425.3 total yards of offense per game on 6.2 yards per play. Alabama is going to hit 50 once again in this one.

So the real question in this one will be if Tennessee can hold their end of the bargain and score at least 7 points against Alabama's elite defense (or are they?). It's really weird because Alabama's overall yards per game allowed is ranked #18 coming into this game and Nick Saban teams are usually in the TOP 10 throughout the season. Tennessee this season is averaging 29.5 points per home and averaging 399.0 total yards per game on 5.9 yards per play in those games. The real problem for Bama's defense has been their defensive line and the inability to stop the run as they are ranked #37 in the Country against the run and have allowed their two road opponents this season to run for 143.5 rushing yards per game on 4.2 yards per carry. Tennessee averages 206.3 rushing yards per game at home this season on 4.5 yards per carry and they have moved the ball in the air at a ratio of 9.1 yards per pass attempt. Getting 7-14 points in this one should not be a problem for this Tennessee offense which has played well at home all season.

This TOTAL seems way too low compared to what they have been for Alabama all season and again you have to start by assuming that the #1 offense in the Country coming in is going to continue to put up numbers like they have all season and bounce back from their first game scoring under 40 points (last week versus Mizzou). The OVER has hit in 5 of the last 6 meetings between these two teams and has hit all four times they have played in Tennessee. I went back and looked at the last few times Alabama allowed less than 20 points in a game and the next five times out the OVER went 4-1. Also if you go back and look at Tennessee's games versus teams with a winning record on the season you will see that the OVER has hit 18-7-1 in the last 26 games. The #1 offense in the Nation will roll, Tennessee will find a way to score at least 14 and this total should hit with ease.

Trend of the Game: The OVER is 5-1 in the last six meetings between these schools.

Alabama 58, Tennessee 16

more to come...

Handicapping Machine
Tokens
adding...

Washington Huskies -17.5 (10 Units)

This one might come as a big surprise to most because the spread is huge and Colorado is 5-1 SU coming into this game but there is a reason the guys in Vegas have dropped this line just like there was a reason they dropped Memphis as a -5.5 point favorite last week at Memphis. It's a trap. As well as Colorado has played in 2018 they come into this game having been outyarded in two of their three road games this season as Nebraska outyarded them by 170 total yards in Week 2 (yet they somehow found a way to win that game) and USC outyarded them last week by 69 yards and the Buffs lost by 11 points. I did not like that performance and now I don't like the fact that they have to go to Washington (tougher game than USC if you ask me). Their last time here? They lost by 31 (2016). The time before? They lost by 52 (2014). Before that? They lost by 28 here in 2011. You get my point. Washington allows only 10 points per home game this season on 241.3 total yards of offense and 4.0 yards per play. They allow only 3.6 yards per carry and only 4.5 yards per pass attempt at home so good luck scoring points in this one Colorado. Back to back road games in Conference play is tough and the Huskies have allowed less than 10 points scored against in two of their three home games this season.

The Washington Huskies are coming off a very tough loss at Oregon last week and as long as they've stayed on course throughout the week and set their sights on new goals (PAC 12 Conference Championship) they should be able to take their anger out on Colorado in this one. That was a game they should have won last week and they know it. Apart from the game versus Auburn to open their season, the Huskies have outyarded every single one of their opponents in 2018 and three of those opponents they have outyarded by 105 total yards or more. They have scored at least 27 points in each of their home games this season and come in averaging 35.7 points per game at home on 489.7 total yards of offense and 7.2 yards per play in those games. Colorado's defense has actually played well this season but their secondary is to thank for that. It's not easy to throw against this team who have a knack for forcing turnovers (1.3 interceptions and 1.0 fumbles recovered per road game this season) but their run defense is getting gashed for 4.1 yards per carry and Washington loves to run the ball and averages 5.0 yards per carry at home this season. This game might take some time to get going but once Washington finds their groove they are going to put up some numbers.

The BCS dream really ended for Washington last week at Oregon as they lost their second game of the season so the real question will be if they can re-focus on new goals and put together a good game plan for this Colorado game. I would say so. Colorado has been horrendous over the years when visiting Washington and this should be no different as they play their second consecutive road game in PAC 12 Conference play (lost by 11 at USC last week). The Buffs success this season has mostly come against teams with a losing record and they are actually 1-5-1 ATS in their last seven games versus teams with a winning record on the year. The Buffs have covered the spread in only 4 of their last 14 PAC 12 Conference games and covered only 17 of their last 53 games played in October. Fade material. Colorado comes in with a 2-1 SU record on the road and Washington is 4-0 ATS in their last four home games versus a team with a winning road record. WASHINGTON IS 8-0 ATS IN THE LAST EIGHT MEETINGS between these schools and that includes four games played here in Washington. I have to go with the Huskies after the way they played (and lost) last week they should win big in this one.

Trend of the Game: Washington has covered the spread in the last eight meetings between these schools.

Washington 42, Colorado 13

more to come...

Handicapping Machine
Tokens
adding...

Wake Forest-Florida State 'UNDER' 58.5 (10 Units)

Once again another very rare TOTAL play for me but how in the world does anyone see these two teams putting up big points in this one? I know Wake Forest has been putting up some big numbers on the offensive side of things in 2018 and 5 of their 6 games have gone OVER but the matchup just doesn't work for me here in Tallahassee. The Florida State defense will have to be the ones to lead this team if they are going to turn their season around and in the last three games they have played they have done just that allowing only 316.0 total yards of offense per game and only 4.3 yards per play compared to the 372.2 (yards per game) and 4.9 (yards per play) they have allowed on the season. Wake Forest comes into this game averaging 28.7 points per game in their last three games but the number is deceiving because they have managed only 353.7 yards of offense per game on only 4.6 yards per play in those games. Florida State has 13 sacks in their last three games and the biggest problems for this Wake offense has been their inability to block up front having allowed 7 sacks in their last three games and averaging only 4.0 yards per carry on the ground. The Seminoles last three opponents have completed only 48.3% of their passes and run for only 74.3 yards per game on 2.1 yards per carry. Good luck with that Deacons.

The Florida State Seminoles are still a mess but they are not as much of a mess as they were at the beginning of the season. Things are finally starting to fall into place for Willie and friends in Tallahassee. Looking at the numbers the Seminoles have put up at home this season would not be that fair because of who they have played and this will be their first real home test since they played Virginia Tech here in Week 1 of the regular season. I have a feeling this could be the week Florida State puts its all together for one game and wins big because this Wake Forest defense has allowed some big plays this season and in their last three games have allowed 47.7 points per game. Having said that, their real weakness is the running game having allowed 7.9 yards per carry in their last three games and Florida State loves to run the ball to the tune of 40.3 carries on average per game in their last three games. This should keep the chains moving and the clock running for the most part of this game. For as much yardage as this Wake defense allows though, they have come up with 7 turnovers forced in their last three and that's a problem for Florida State who have turned the ball over 5 times in their last three games. Wake will do enough to kill some drives in this one.

Okay so history has it that Wake Forest is going to score less than 7 points in this game which would be great for our total. Let's look at the last few times they have come to Tallahassee and you will have an idea of what I'm talking about it. The Demon Deacons came here in 2016 and scored 6 points. They came here in 2014 and scored 3 points. They came here in 2010 and 2012 and scored 0 points in either one of those games. You have to go back to 2008 for the last time this team scored more than 6 points in a at Florida State as they are averaging 2.3 points per game in their last four here. The UNDER has hit in 5 of the last 6 meetings in Tallahassee and in the last four meetings overall. The UNDER is 9-3-1 in Florida State's last 13 ACC Conference games and 7-3 in their last 10 games coming off a straight up loss. That's enough for me, this total is way too high.

Trend of the Game: The UNDER is 5-1 in the last six meetings in Tallahassee between these schools.

Florida State 27, Wake Forest 7

more to come...

Handicapping Machine
Tokens
adding...

Texas Tech Red Raiders -17.5 (10 Units)

So it's funny because I start things off by saying that this is the best team Kansas has had in years now and they come into this game with 2 wins on the season and having actually outyarded two of their opponents (Rutgers and Central Michigan, both wins) but other than those two games this team has not been good. They were outyared by 223 total yards last week at West Virginia and come into this game having been outyarded by an insane 599 total yards of offense their last three games. All losses (1-2 ATS in those games). That could be absolutely catastrophic early on in this game as the Jayhawks are averaging only 19.0 points per game in their last three games and averaging only 308.3 total yards per game and 5.2 yards per play in those games. Texas Tech's defense is no the most stout in the Country but they come up with stops. They give up a ton of yardage per game but in their last three games allowed only 24.3 points per game versus West Virginia, Oklahoma State and Baylor. Wow! Considering the opponents that's incredible and in those games this defense allowed their opponents to complete only 57.3% of their passes while coming up with 5 sacks, 3 interceptions and 2 fumbles...against three high powered TOP 25ish offenses. Now they face this Kansas offense which has really struggled against better competition.

The Texas Tech Red Raiders will always have one of the most dynamic offenses in the Country year in and year out regardless of who coaches this team. The 2018 season has been no different as they come into this game with the #2 passing offense in the Country and the #6 offense in total yards per game. They also have the #10 scoring offense in the Nation. I see that as a problem for this Kansas defense which has allowed 26,38 and 48 points in their last three games overall and come into this game allowing 508.0 total yards of offense and 7.1 yards per play in those games where they also allow 37.3 points per game. Texas Tech is going to walk all over this defense with their high powered offense which is averaging 50.3 points per game in Lubbock this season and which is averaging 581.5 total yards of offense on 6.3 yards per play in those games. Everyone always talks about the kind of passing offense the Red Raiders have but at home this season they have run the ball 43.3 times per game (compared to 49.3 pass attempts per game) and their balance is what allows them to put up the big numbers. Kansas has been gashed for 7.5 yards per pass attempt in road games this season and 10.0 yards per pass attempt in their last three games overall. This defense is in big trouble in conference play on the road.

These two schools play each other every year and here are the last few results for Kansas have been a 55-17 loss here in 2016 and a 65-19 loss at home to the Red Raiders last season. OUCH! Now look back the history of Kansas playing and covering spreads on the road and it's not good. The Jayhawks have covered the spread in only 15 of their last 51 road games and they are only 1-4 ATS in the last five meetings with Texas Tech. The Red Raiders have played well against bad teams the last couple of seasons going 6-1 ATS in their last seven games versus a team with a losing record on the season and they are looking to turn their home fortunes around. This is the best matchup Texas Tech has had all season and they should be able to steamroll the Kansas Jayhawks on both sides of the field. Big win here for Texas Tech.

Trend of the Game: Texas Tech is 6-1 ATS in their last six games versus a team with a losing record on the season.

Texas Tech 58, Kansas 13

more to come...

Tokens
Not saying you are wrong, but I believe Texas Tech still has the QB out. Not the same team

"Go crazy folks...Go crazy!!"...R.I.P. JB
Tokens
Big RLM on Ttech/KU game. 80%+ on TTech and line dropped from 20.5 to 17.5. Any concern there Flav? Appreciate all your hard work and insight.

Handicapping Machine
Tokens
adding...

Mississippi State Bulldogs +6.5 (10 Units)

I've been waiting for this line to go the other way all week but instead it has started moving in the favor of the Bulldogs and I had to open a new offshore account to get this line. I love it. What you have to understand is that the Bulldogs have ALWAYS played well here. Look at 2016. They came in here as a 13 point underdog and lost by 3 points. In 2014 they shocked the college football world by coming into LSU as a +7 point underdog and winning straight up. So the recent years of this rivalry have seen Mississippi State play some of their best football including a 37-7 home win over LSU last season. Mississippi State is coming off a massive home win over Auburn last week, a game where they outyarded the Tigers by 114 yards. Aside from the Kentucky road game where they looked horrendous, the Bulldogs have actually outyarded 4 of their 6 opponents and won all four of those games. They have a good chance of doing that again today against an LSU defense allowing 5.1 yards per play in their last three games. The Bulldogs will slow this game down with their ground game which they are running at a clip of 39.0 runs to 25.0 pass attempts per game in their last three and they average 4.4 yards per carry in those games. LSU is allowing 4.6 yards per carry on the ground in their last three games and they'll have trouble stopping the Bulldogs from eating a ton of clock. That should be the difference in this game.

The Louisiana State Tigers are coming off their biggest win of the season over the Georgia Bulldogs at home last week but this is a classic letdown spot for them. They were outstanding against the Bulldogs outyarding them by 153 total yards in that game but what people tend to forget is that the Tigers were outyarded in both the Florida and Louisiana Tech (home) games two of the three prior weeks to beating Georgia. The Tigers have won two of the last four meetings against Mississippi State but the margin of victory has been a grand total of 5 points in those two wins combined. These games are always close. The Mississippi State defense is one of the most underrated in the Country. In two road games this season they have allowed only 19.0 points per game and 256.5 total yards of offense on 4.4 yards per play. LSU loves to run the ball as much as the Bulldogs do (44.2 run attempts to 25.4 pass attempts at home this season) so this will be a classic SEC battle of the running games and I give the edge to Mississippi State because their defense has been better against the run allowing only 4.2 yards per carry on the road. In the air, the Bulldogs road opponents have completed only 48.6% of their passes for only 4.9 yards per pass attempt and they have 9 sacks in those two games. This D-Line is the real deal, they have some playmakers and LSU will struggle for every yard and every point in this game.

So again looking at the last four meetings between these schools, Mississippi State has either lost by 3 points or less or they have won and this is the one school that LSU seems to have really struggled with lately. Addding to that is the fact that Mississippi State comes into this game having covered the spread in 7 of their last 9 games versus teams with a winning record on the season. The Bulldogs ran for 349 yards against Auburn's defense last week so I went back and checked the last few times they had run for 200+ yards and they were 5-1 ATS in the games that immediately followed. You will have quite a few people on LSU in this one because of their win against Georgia last week and because of their spread run in SEC play the last three seasons but the underdog is 4-0 ATS in the last four meetings coming into this and that underdog has been Mississippi State every time. The Bulldogs are going to impose their pace with their running game in this one and cause all sorts of issues for the LSU offense in a great SEC battle that should come down to the final possession.

Trend of the Game: Mississippi State has won or lost by less than 3 the last four seasons against LSU.

Mississippi State 19, Louisiana State 16

more to come...

Handicapping Machine
Tokens
Unfortunately I have to head out for the remainder of the day so I will post my final two picks here:

adding....

Ohio State-Purdue 'UNDER' 68 (10 Units)

UCLA Bruins -10 (10 Units)

:toast:

Tokens
Not the start I was looking for this week but Stanford played one of their best games of the season or did they. Arizona State outyarded them by 79 yards and first downs were only 24-20 for Stanford. Turnovers 3 (Arizona State) and 0 (Stanford) were the difference. Onto the next!

adding...

Saturday, October 20

Michigan State Spartans +7.5 (10 Units)

The Michigan Wolverines are one of those teams that is either going to give you a Jekyll performance of a Hyde performance in big games. It's a matter of figuring out which one ahead of time. The Wolverines come into this game as the #7 ranked team in the Country and they deserve it. They are 6-1 SU and have outyarded every single one of their seven opponents in 2018 even Notre Dame who are responsible for their only loss of the season. Problem for Michigan is that Michigan State have also outyarded most of their opponents in 2018. So far this season Michigan has played on the road twice and average only 18.5 points per game in those games on 341.5 total yards of offense and 5.1 yards per play. Nothing to write home about. Michigan State's defense is not back to any kind of elite level and they have allowed a lot of points at home but they allow only 5.0 yards per play at home and it is virtually impossible to run against team (32.0 rushing yards per game and 1.4 yards per carry at home). Michigan is averaging only 3.2 yards per carry in two road games this season. The Spartans secondary has 6 interceptions in three home games this season and they make big plays. Michigan has 18 penalties for 152 penalty yards total in their two road games this season and that's a problem. Won't be any easy going for the Wolverines today.

So much talk about Michigan and how they have outyarded all their opponents so far in 2018 but I keep saying it, Michigan State has almost done the same. Despite the 4-2 SU record on the season, the Spartans all of their opponents except Arizona State (on the road) who outyarded them by 47 total yards. The Spartans are coming off a massive win at Penn State last week, a game everyone (including me) thought would be a huge win by the Nitts who were coming off a bye week, off a loss to Ohio State and catching Sparty in a "look-ahead" game. Not the case. Michigan State dominated and outyarded Penn State at College Station by 21 total yards. Even in a loss by 10 here at home two weeks ago the Spartans outyarded Northwestern by 44 total yards. So far in 2018 Michigan State is averaging 29.3 points per home game and averaging 5.5 yards per play on 407.3 total yards of offense. Their running game is more effective (3.7 yards per carry) at home than Michigan's on the road and their QB play has been good enough to keep this game close. Michigan has forced only 1 turnover in two road games this season and the Spartans are a disciplined team at home (6.3 penalties per home game, not bad). I don't see this offense going off but they will make enough big plays to win or keep this close.

Prior to their 9 point win (as a -24.5 point favorite) in East Lansing in 2016, Michigan had not won here since way before any of our college football time. Again the Wolverines won here last time out but they barely won as three plus touchdown favorites. Michigan State went to AA last season and pulled off a 14-10 shocker win as a +13 point underdog. MICHIGAN STATE HAS COVERED THE SPREAD THE LAST 10 MEETINGS between these schools and they are 5-0 ATS in their last five home games versus Wolverines. Michigan did not look good at Notre Dame or at Northwestern and they are 0-4 ATS in their last four road games coming in. They are also 3-8-1 ATS in their last 12 games played in October. They have also covered only 7 of their last 26 games coming off a spread win the previous game. Michigan's kryptonite is Michigan State and now you are giving the Spartans, who are coming off a win at Penn State last week, more than a touchdown at home? My goodness, I'm on it.

Trend of the Game: Michigan State has covered the spread in 10 straight games versus Michigan dating back to 2008.

Michigan State 24, Michigan 18

more to come...
refs blessing us with backdoor and kid gets sacked 3 times on 2nd 1 ..shits crazy

"Go crazy folks...Go crazy!!"...R.I.P. JB
Tokens
Six scores in the Purdue/Ohio St 4th to blow what should have been an easy under. Unreal!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gift-express
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com