Forum: College Football Forum - Sponsored by:

Thread: Alabama -26 okay as a fan no way

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Alabama -26 okay as a fan no way 
    I understand the line as this BAMA Team May be the best ever but Miss st is ranked 18 and they are as good as LSU in my opinion. I believe Miss St will play keep away all game and has a defense that will contain Tua which will force Bama to run which they will and have some success but will further run the clock. It pains me as a die hard Bama fan since birth in Birmingham but I see this final being Alabama 27 Miss St 10 I love Miss St but love the Under even more 53.5 wow that is high. I put this total at 43. Would love to hear other thoughts but I don’t see Bama covering this week. FYI so far I see 37-12 on Bama as well. Books will be rooting for Miss st as well big

RX Senior
    I think Miss St is the play. Run and control clock. Alabama has been more impressive on the road. Most likely knowing they have to dominate as playing on the road is tougher. Get out to an early lead and make sure they can't come back

I would not step in front of this Bama train right now as much sense as the numbers look. The only real factor is letdown imo.

RX Senior
    tua, ruggs and najee harris all got a little dinged up against lsu. hurts could barely move. i think they call the dogs off early in this one and bring mac jones in for the majority of the second half. the have the citadel next week though so another week to get healthy there as well. bama first half seems like the best option if your taking bama

They just wanna win. I don’t see them covering this week. I suck at picking games except Alabama

RX Member
    I think bama wins by minimum 28

RX Member
    First half line up to 17 is a play for me. State is too one dimensional to move it consistently against Alabama. Alabama will get theirs. Not sure what will happen late once the aforementioned banged up starters come out, but Alabama should be up comfortably while they’re in.

RX Member
    Fitzgerald is MSU’s offense. Bama will key on Fitzgerald and may very well shut out Bulldogs.

I am telling you Bama will not run up this score

Bama will be ahead 21-0 in the 1st Q and you will ask yourself why did you get involved

Miss St +26 is GOY type play imo. Bama wins 24-34 to 10-17

Quote Originally Posted by gabewins View Post
    Bama will be ahead 21-0 in the 1st Q and you will ask yourself why did you get involved
    Not against miss st. They match up well on defense. Miss st has a top 5 defense. Fitzgerald will play ball control and he is great at it. Miss st will dominate time of possession and play keep away I see Bama up 13-3 at half

RX Senior
    I agree.this willbe the game they get a good scare

RX Member
    As a MSU fan I want to hope you are right....and our defense is very good this year. I'm just worried we won't be able to play ball control because we 3 and out all day. If Fitz is able to throw just well enough to keep our run game alive then I can fully back your theory.

RX Junior
    State has a good defense. I don't think it is as good as LSU's. I think Bama will cause several turnovers by Fitz. He just doesn't throw well at all. He can run against teams like mine(Ole Miss), but AL is a different animal.

RX Senior
    Just some food for thought....Miss St has played 3 good sec defenses in fl, ky and lsu. They scored a combined 16 points in those 3 losses. Do we expect them to explode vs Bama? Fitzgerald is the main reason this team has underachieved this year. Surprisingly his play has regressed under Moorehead. Bama has a layup game vs Citadel next week before iron bowl, so no reason Not that they need the style points but a 47-6 kind of game vs a top 20 team keeps the other contenders on notice.

Miss St is a talented squad but they will need their D and/or special teams to come up big to stay close imo. I haven't touched this game yet but I just wanted to point out some stats.

RX Junior
    So should we bet it now, or wait?

If you can get 26 otherwise wait

Something to think about - Alabama has not won by 26 points only once this year. Against TA&M and that was by 22

RX Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Something to think about - Alabama has not won by 26 points only once this year. Against TA&M and that was by 22
    ... and they are at home in Tuscaloosa hello

RX Wizard
    I'm seeing Alabama at -24.5. Have to say that's a strong Alabama lean.

RX SemiGod
    Quote Originally Posted by big wang View Post
    Just some food for thought....Miss St has played 3 good sec defenses in fl, ky and lsu. They scored a combined 16 points in those 3 losses. Do we expect them to explode vs Bama? Fitzgerald is the main reason this team has underachieved this year. Surprisingly his play has regressed under Moorehead. Bama has a layup game vs Citadel next week before iron bowl, so no reason Not that they need the style points but a 47-6 kind of game vs a top 20 team keeps the other contenders on notice.

Miss St is a talented squad but they will need their D and/or special teams to come up big to stay close imo. I haven't touched this game yet but I just wanted to point out some stats.
    +1

Read my mind Wanger.
    FAKE Sports Championships are like pennies, two-faced and worthless! Sad Central Florida...

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by bookiereport View Post
    They just wanna win. I don’t see them covering this week. I suck at picking games except Alabama
    I try to go to 3-4 different stadiums every year and i happened to be in Starkville saturday night and i wasnt impressed at all. Take away the qb's rushing attempts and La Tech avg right at 5 yards a carry. While i see where you are coming from, im just afraid you may look up and it will be 17 or 21- 0 after a qtr like someone above mentioned with no chance of a back door.

Even if there are up 17-0 1st quarter. Saban will run run run with jones at QB

RX Junior
    Y’all arent factoring special teams/defensive scores. Fitzgerald is horrible. He threw multiple picks against LSU and will against Bama too. I see a 38-6 type game. Saban is pissed about the whole “not played anybody” crap. He won’t take it easy.