Monday 11/26/2018 ... Comps / Bonus Plays / Trends / Betting Info / Requests Etc

Search

Tokens
Titans at Texans 11/26/18 - NFL Picks & Predictions
by Eddie

NFL: 8:15 PM EST
Nov. 26, 2018
TV: ESPN
Latest Odds : HOU -5.5 Total 41

NRG Stadium will play host to a Monday night NFL meeting between the Tennessee Titans and Houston Texans. The Titans have split their first ten games and trail Houston by two full games for the AFC South Division lead. On Sunday, Tennessee surrendered the first 24 points in the first half of a 38-10 road loss at Indianapolis. The Titans turned the ball over twice and were out-gained by a 397-263 margin on the afternoon.

Through ten games, Tennessee ranks 3rd worst in total offense and is scoring a just 17.8 points on average. Houston features a terrorizing defense that ranks seventh in yards allowed and gives up 20.5 points per contest.

The Houston Texans lost three straight games to start the season and questions about head coach Bill O’Brien’s job security were everywhere. Since then, Houston has reeled off seven straight victories and sit atop the division standings. Last time out, the Texans scored the first ten points and held on for a 23-21 victory at Washington. Lamar Miller rushed 20 times for 86 yards for the Texans.

For the season, Houston ranks 13th in total offense and is scoring 23.9 points per game. Tennessee has been solid on a defense that ranks 9th in yards allowed and gives up 18.9 points per contest.

Recent Betting Trends:

Titans are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games following a straight up loss.
Texans are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 home games.
Under is 4-1 in Titans last 5 road games.
Under is 11-5 in Texans last 16 games overall.
Titans are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 meetings in Houston.

Bonus Betting Pick: Tennessee Titans +5.5

Tennessee QB Marcus Mariota suffered a stinger last week and is listed as questionable for this matchup. The Titans won the earlier season matchup by a 20-17 final score. Look for Houston to score revenge and get the win, but for Tennessee to cover. Final Score Prediction, Houston Texans win but fall short ATS 24-23.

Tokens
Tennessee Titans vs. Houston Texans Preview and Predictions 11-26-2018
BY GRACENOTE

Their ugly start to the season now a distant memory, the Houston Texans can set a franchise record when they host the Tennessee Titans on Monday night. The Texans own a two-game lead atop the AFC South and will go for their eighth consecutive victory after opening the campaign with three straight losses, including a 20-17 setback at Tennessee in Week 2.

Surging Houston is coming off consecutive two-point triumphs at Washington and Denver, giving the team four victories by three points or fewer during its winning streak. "We just try to keep on stacking wins and put us in position for later on down the season," Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson told reporters. "It's a very important game. It's a home game. We want to win those. It's a division game. We have to make sure we prepare well and get ready for it." The Titans squandered a chance to make Monday's matchup a showdown for division supremacy, following a pair of decisive wins over Dallas and New England with a 38-10 loss to Indianapolis last week (as the Titans were +2 point underdog at intertops). Tennessee quarterback Marcus Mariota was knocked out of that game with a stinger, but he practiced fully on Friday and Titans offensive coordinator Matt LaFleur pronounced him "ready to roll."

TV: 8:15 p.m. ET, ESPN. LINE: Texans -6 O/U: 41.5

ABOUT THE TITANS (5-5): Mariota had his two best games in the wins over the Cowboys and Patriots, and it was feared that last week's injury was related to the elbow issues that have plagued him for most of the season and forced him to miss the Week 2 matchup versus Houston. Running back Derrick Henry, who was used out of the wildcat in the first meeting, could be in line for a heavier workload as part of a backfield tandem with Dion Lewis, LaFleur said after Friday's practice. Corey Davis is Mariota's top target with 45 receptions, but it's unclear if fellow wideout Taywan Taylor will return after a two-game absence. Tennessee had the NFL's top-ranked scoring defense until it was shredded by the Colts.

ABOUT THE TEXANS (7-3): Watson had his NFL coming-out party against Tennessee last season in his third career start, throwing for four touchdowns and rushing for another as Houston set a franchise record for points in a 57-14 rout. He has not thrown for more than 239 yards in his last five starts and the Texans have scored more than 23 points just twice, but wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins has at least one TD catch in five straight games and eight overall after posting an NFL-high 13 receiving scores last season. Running back Lamar Miller is providing balance to the offense with at least 18 carries and 86 yards rushing in three of the last four games. The Texans are fifth in scoring defense (20.5 points).

EXTRA POINTS

1. Hopkins has at least 100 yards in three of his last four versus Tennessee, including 110 and a TD in Week 2.

2. Mariota had a passing and rushing touchdown in his last matchup against Houston.

3. Texans DE J.J. Watt has registered 10 sacks on the season, including one in each of his last three games.

PREDICTION: Texans 23, Titans 20

Tokens
Minnesota Timberwolves vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Preview and Predictions 11-26-2018
BY GRACENOTE

The Cleveland Cavaliers are suddenly playing great basketball and just knocked off a pair of teams with NBA Finals aspirations in wins over Philadelphia and Houston. The Cavaliers will try to make it three in a row when they host the Minnesota Timberwolves on Monday.

The Cavaliers were sitting at 2-14 after watching former star LeBron James lead his new team, the Los Angeles Lakers, to a win at Cleveland on Wednesday, but something finally clicked as they handed the 76ers their first home loss on Friday before returning home and knocking off the Houston Rockets 117-108 on Saturday. "This is two big wins," center Tristan Thompson told reporters. "I think like I've been saying for the last couple of weeks and (coach Larry Drew) said, if we stay the course then we're going to get our fair share of wins. ... I think we are figuring out if we play 48 minutes, play hard, play fast and always in attack mode then it gives ourselves a chance to be in these ballgames." The Timberwolves are still climbing out of a hole they dug with their own slow start but are winners of five of the last seven and took their own back-to-back with victories over Brooklyn and Chicago on Friday and Saturday, respectively. Star center Karl-Anthony Towns rescued Minnesota against the Bulls by collecting 35 points, 22 rebounds and six assists in the 111-96 triumph.

TV: 7 p.m. ET, FS North (Minnesota), FS Ohio (Cleveland) LINE: Timberwolves -6

ABOUT THE TIMBERWOLVES (9-11): Towns' performance on Saturday helped Minnesota overcome a terrible shooting effort on the wings, where starters Andrew Wiggins and Robert Covington combined to go 1-of-30 from the floor. "The first thing we told Andrew is he came in here and we just laughed with him," Towns told reporters of Wiggins, who went 0-of-12. "Everyone has a night like that. We have pretty good confidence he will come out and be just fine next game." Covington, who finished 1-of-18, was ready to move on quickly as well and expressed confidence in his shot and his abilities as a two-way player.
ABOUT THE CAVALIERS (4-14): Saturday's win featured another strong performance from rookie point guard Collin Sexton, who scored a season-high 29 points on 14-of-21 shooting while going up against Rockets star James Harden. "I'm just going out there and playing my game, getting to my shots that I know I'm capable of making nine out of 10 times," Sexton told reporters. The 19-year-old Alabama product is averaging 21.2 points on 53.7 percent shooting over the last five contests.

BUZZER BEATERS

1. Thompson grabbed 20 rebounds Saturday in his third straight double-double.

2. Timberwolves PG Derrick Rose scored 20 or more points in each of the last three games and is 26-of-41 from the floor in that span.

3. Wiggins scored 22 points in a 131-123 home win over Cleveland on Oct. 19.

PREDICTION: Timberwolves 119, Cavaliers 111

Tokens
Milwaukee Bucks vs. Charlotte Hornets Preview and Predictions 11-26-2018
BY GRACENOTE

The Milwaukee Bucks will play their first road game in over two weeks when they visit the Charlotte Hornets on Monday. The Bucks capped a 4-2 homestand with a 135-129 win over San Antonio on Saturday behind a 34-point, 18-rebound performance by star forward Giannis Antetokounmpo.

"It was a big game today," Antetokounmpo told reporters after his team bounced back from a surprising loss to lowly Phoenix on Friday. "As I said yesterday, we're a winning team now. Always, no matter what's going on, no matter if we lost the game before, we're always going to try to bounce back and get back on track. That's what we did today." The two-time All-Star recorded 25 points, 18 rebounds and eight assists in a season-opening 113-112 win at Charlotte. The Hornets will be opening a four-game homestand after falling 124-123 at Atlanta on Sunday, with Kemba Walker having a potential game-winning shot blocked in the closing seconds. Walker finished with 22 points, nine assists and just one turnover - a shot-clock violation in the final minute - as Charlotte dropped to 3-7 on the road.

TV: 7 p.m. ET, FS Wisconsin (Milwaukee), FS Southeast (Charlotte) LINE: Bucks -4.5

ABOUT THE BUCKS (14-5): Antetokounmpo led a quartet of 20-point scorers in the win over the Spurs as Milwaukee shot 57 percent, just shy of its season high. Malcolm Brogdon was the most accurate of the bunch with 23 points on 10-of-15 shooting, and the third-year pro - who sealed the win with a 3-pointer in the closing seconds - is averaging 22.5 on 72 percent shooting over his last two games. Eric Bledsoe recorded the assist on Brogdon's late basket en route to a 20-point, 10-assist effort, giving him his second double-double of the season.

ABOUT THE HORNETS (9-10): Malik Monk came off the bench to score a career high-tying 26 points in 24 minutes in the loss to Atlanta after producing a total of 27 over his previous five contests. He hit a personal-best seven 3-pointers one game after never getting off the bench - a first this season - in a loss at Oklahoma City. "He was great tonight," coach James Borrego said of Monk during a postgame television interview. "Didn't play last game. I thought he was great tonight. Came out with an aggressive mentality. He was ready for the moment, stepped up and gave us a chance to get back in that game."

BUZZER BEATERS

1. Walker scored 41 points in the loss to the Bucks earlier this season.

2. Hornets PG Tony Parker (ribs) has missed the last two games and is day-to-day.

3. Milwaukee PF Ersan Ilyasova (knee) sat out Saturday's win.

PREDICTION: Bucks 114, Hornets 110

Tokens
Houston Rockets vs. Washington Wizards Preview and Predictions 11-26-2018
BY GRACENOTE

The Washington Wizards aren't exactly playing up to expectations 19 games into the season but may finally be finding the formula to lead them back to a winning record. The Wizards will try to secure their sixth win in nine games when they host the Houston Rockets on Monday.

Reported infighting between players and between players and coaches marred the first month of the season but Washington is still capable of putting together a good showing and ran away from the New Orleans Pelicans late on Saturday thanks to a rare display of defensive intensity. "We just did what we needed to do, and it was all on the defensive end," Wizards shooting guard Bradley Beal told reporters. "That's where it came from. Our shots were equal, and we put up a nice amount of points, but our defense is what won us the game. We accepted the challenge." The Rockets were rolling right along with wins in five straight but could not survive a back-to-back on the road and fell at Detroit and Cleveland to drop back to .500. Houston star James Harden continued his torrid pace with 40 points against the Cavaliers and is averaging 37.5 points over the last four contests.

TV: 7 p.m. ET, NBATV, AT&T SportsNet Southwest (Houston), NBCS Washington LINE: Rockets -2

ABOUT THE ROCKETS (9-9): Harden's uptick in scoring is coming with an uptick in turnovers, and his nine on Saturday marked the fourth straight game in which he committed at least six miscues. The reigning MVP was forced to do more ball handling with point guard Chris Paul out on Saturday, and he remains day-to-day after sitting out Sunday's practice with a sore left leg. Paul's absence forced sixth man Eric Gordon into the starting lineup on Saturday and robbed the reserve unit of its most potent scorer.

ABOUT THE WIZARDS (7-12): Washington guard Austin Rivers matched a season high with 18 points on 8-of-11 shooting in 27 minutes off the bench Saturday. "One thing I've learned, one thing I've got down now, is you can't defer when you're on the court with John (Wall) or Brad (Beal)," Rivers told reporters. "If anything, you have to be more aggressive, and they actually like that, too, because it makes it easier for them because you attack, and they get easy shots." Wall and Beal each handed out eight assists in the 124-114 triumph while combining for 40 points on 15-of-31 shooting.

BUZZER BEATERS

1. Wizards C Dwight Howard (glute soreness) sat out the last three games and is day-to-day.

2. Rockets C Clint Capela recorded a double-double in each of the last five games.

3. The teams split two meetings last season, with each protecting homecourt.

PREDICTION: Rockets 119, Wizards 112

Tokens
San Antonio Spurs vs. Chicago Bulls Preview and Predictions 11-26-2018
BY GRACENOTE

The San Antonio Spurs are struggling to generate any positive momentum and dropped one game under .500 with a 135-129 loss at Milwaukee on Saturday - their eighth setback in 11 games. The Spurs will try to bounce back when they visit the Chicago Bulls on Monday for the third stop of a four-game trip.

The 135 points allowed on Saturday marked the most San Antonio allowed in a non-overtime game this season, and the final number looks even worse when considering the 40 points surrendered in the fourth quarter alone. "We scored enough points to win," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich told reporters. "You've got to be able to get stops in the fourth quarter." The Bulls are losers of six of their last seven contests and know all about poor fourth quarters after being outscored 27-17 in the final period of Saturday's 111-96 home loss to Minnesota. "You can only say so much because we keep doing the same thing over and over again," Chicago guard Zach LaVine told reporters. "You can only say so much about it. I'm doing the best I can. We do some things out there just - you guys see it. It makes you turn your head. 'What the hell are we doing?'"

TV: 8 p.m. ET, FS Southwest (San Antonio), NBCS Chicago LINE: Spurs -6

ABOUT THE SPURS (9-10): DeMar DeRozan matched a season high with 34 points and handed out seven assists on Saturday but was upset with a team defensive performance that allowed Milwaukee star Giannis Antetokounmpo to take over down the stretch. "We've got to be better," DeRozan told reporters. "We know a key guy like Giannis is going to be extremely aggressive. We've got to be disciplined and understand how we can help the guy who is guarding him and make things as difficult as possible. It's not just a one-guy thing. It's a team thing. We kind of slacked on that." DeRozan is averaging 24.9 points and 6.3 assists while settling in in his first season with San Antonio.

ABOUT THE BULLS (5-15): Power forward Jabari Parker did his best to try to pull the team to a win Saturday and finished with a season-high 27 points on 11-of-18 shooting and seven rebounds. "I'd say overall for me - I can just speak for myself - I am just trying to keep fighting and do what I can to make it easier for everybody," Parker told the team's website. "Just trying to improve myself; that's all I can focus on. All I know is if I am doing what I can, improving, then I can look myself in the mirror; it's just about trying to improve. The game is about makes and misses and also what you do to stay in the game, so it's a bigger picture than just the jumper." Parker scored 20 or more points in three straight games and four of the last five.

BUZZER BEATERS

1. Spurs SG Bryn Forbes is 20-of-37 from 3-point range over the last seven games.

2. Chicago SG Justin Holiday recorded a double-double in each of the last two games and is averaging 12 rebounds in that span.

3. San Antonio took the last three in the series, including a 133-94 drubbing in the last meeting on Nov. 11, 2017.

PREDICTION: Spurs 116, Bulls 103

Tokens
Boston Celtics vs. New Orleans Pelicans Preview and Predictions 11-26-2018
BY GRACENOTE

When their offense has struggled, the Boston Celtics have -- at times -- been able to rely on their defense, but now that's become an issue as well. The struggling Celtics will try to bounce back from their fourth loss in the last five games when they finish a three-game road trip Monday at the New Orleans Pelicans, who hope to have superstar forward Anthony Davis available.

Boston, considered by many the favorite in the Eastern Conference before the season, lost eight of 12 since a 6-2 start, giving up an uncharacteristic average of 115.7 points in the last three defeats. "I thought we were a step slow all night," coach Brad Stevens told reporters after Saturday's 113-104 loss at Dallas. "I thought they put us on our heels. They made a ton of effort plays, they got a bunch to the rim, and then we couldn't contain the drive ... those drives really hurt us. They turned the corner, laid it in, and had a couple of and-1s, lobs ... those are just killers." The Pelicans are more accustomed to giving up loads of points and they struggled without Davis (hip), who ranks second in the NBA in blocks (2.69), in a 124-114 loss at Washington on Saturday. New Orleans has been incredibly streaky thus far and their current three-game slide comes on the heels of a 6-1 stretch.

TV: 8 p.m. ET, NBCS Boston, FS New Orleans LINE: Celtics -2.5

ABOUT THE CELTICS (10-10): One issue in Boston's mediocre start is a slight dip in production from youngsters Jayson Tatum (field-goal percentage down from 47.5 last season to 44.3) and Jaylen Brown (11.1 points on 39.8 percent shooting after 14.5 on 46.5 in 2017-18), but they were not the problem at Dallas with a combined 37 points on 16-of-23 from the floor. Star guard Kyrie Irving added 19 points but missed all five of his 3-point tries and is shooting 36.7 percent over the last three games. Brown is considered day-to-day after he was forced to leave Saturday's loss after landing on his back.

ABOUT THE PELICANS (10-10): Julius Randle stepped into the starting lineup in place of Davis and had 29 points and 15 rebounds in the defeat at Washington, and New Orleans made no excuses for their leader's absence. "Our defense is atrocious right now," coach Alvin Gentry told the media. "Especially on the road. You're not going to be able to win games on the road until you can at least control the ball somewhat and take away all the driving lanes and take away the open 3s." The Pelicans are 0-4 while allowing an average of 126 points without Davis in the lineup.

BUZZER BEATERS

1. Randle has five double-doubles and a triple-double in the last six games while averaging 20.8 points and 11.7 rebounds.

2. Celtics PG Marcus Smart scored a season-high 19 points off the bench at Dallas

3. Davis averaged 39.5 points and 13.5 rebounds to help New Orleans win both meetings last season.

PREDICTION: Pelicans 112, Celtics 110

Tokens
Indiana Pacers vs. Utah Jazz Preview and Predictions 11-26-2018
BY GRACENOTE

The Indiana Pacers may be operating once again without star guard Victor Oladipo when they kick off a four-game road trip Monday against the Utah Jazz. The Pacers' leader in scoring (21.4 points per game), assists (4.7) and steals (1.56), Oladipo has missed three consecutive contests due to a knee issue and is considered a game-time decision for this one.

He and forward Domantas Sabonis (ankle) both missed practice on Saturday and coach Nate McMillan seems to want to see more from Oladipo before thrusting him back into game action. "He hasn't done anything live on the floor in a week," McMillan told reporters over the weekend. "He's a lot farther away from coming back than those two guys (Sabonis and Myles Turner). He's going to have to go through a couple of live practices before he is allowed to play." The Pacers are 1-2 without Oladipo, with the win coming in the form of a 121-94 rout of the Jazz at home last Monday. Utah followed that with two more defeats before taking out its frustrations with a 133-112 triumph at Sacramento on Sunday, producing 50 more points than it did in a setback at the Los Angeles Lakers two nights earlier.

TV: 9 p.m. ET, FS Indiana, AT&T SportsNet-Rocky Mountain (Utah) LINE: Jazz -5

ABOUT THE PACERS (11-8): Bojan Bogdanovic scored 21 points and Sabonis added 19 and 16 rebounds before suffering the ankle injury late in Friday's 111-100 loss to San Antonio. Indiana also played that game without Turner (ankle), who has recorded at least three blocked shots in each of his last five contests and will be a game-time decision on Monday. "Hopefully, I can get it good to go on Monday," Turner told the Indianapolis Star. "It's good I got another day to try to get it right."

ABOUT THE JAZZ (9-11): Sunday's offensive breakout came without leading scorer Donovan Mitchell, who sat with a rib contusion. Fellow guard Ricky Rubio scored 27 points against the Kings for his third effort with at least 20 in the last five contests, including a season high-tying 28-point performance at Indiana. Center Rudy Gobert added 18 points and 15 rebounds on Sunday for his Western Conference-leading 18th double-double.

BUZZER BEATERS

1. Bogdanovic led six players in double figures with 21 points in last week's win over the Jazz.

2. Utah SG Alec Burks is averaging 15.5 points over his last two games after producing a total of 22 in his previous five contests.

3. Pacers SG Tyreke Evans was 1-for-12 from the floor while tying a season low with two points in the loss to the Spurs.

PREDICTION: Jazz 113, Pacers 110

Tokens
Orlando Magic vs. Golden State Warriors Preview and Predictions 11-26-2018
BY GRACENOTE

The Golden State Warriors have put together consecutive wins for the first time in nearly three weeks and hope to pick up one more home victory before a challenging road trip when they host the Orlando Magic on Monday. Following an uncharacteristic 2-6 swoon that featured multiple injuries and plenty of drama in the locker room, the Warriors defeated Portland and Sacramento in a back-to-back set.

Kevin Durant has emerged from a mild shooting slump to produce 76 points to go along with 21 rebounds and 14 assists during the two-game winning streak for Golden State, which begins a five-game trek Thursday against Eastern Conference-leading Toronto. "Phenomenal," Warriors coach Steve Kerr told reporters of Durant after Saturday's 117-116 victory over the Kings. "He's taking on such a big responsibility, along with Klay (Thompson). You see the shot distribution; those guys are really carrying the load offensively. Kevin was just amazing. There were so many possessions that were dead in the water, and he bailed us out late." The Magic have had a very uneven start to their six-game road trip, first losing by 25 points at Denver and then stopping the surging Los Angeles Lakers 108-104 on Sunday. Center Nikola Vucevic had another big game with 31 points, 15 rebounds and seven assists as Orlando improved to 4-4 on the road.

TV: 10:30 p.m. ET, FS Florida (Orlando), NBCS Bay Area (Golden State) LINE: Warriors -8

ABOUT THE MAGIC (10-10): Vucevic averaged 33.5 points and 14 rebounds in two wins over the Lakers in a span of just nine days. "He's had our number this year," Lakers superstar LeBron James told reporters of Vucevic. "He has been good inside and outside." Aaron Gordon chipped in 17 points and Terrance Ross added 16 off the bench, including a key hoop in the final minute.

ABOUT THE WARRIORS (14-7): The road trip could feature the return of two-time MVP Stephen Curry, who will miss Monday's game - his 10th in a row - due to a strained groin. His eventual return will help ease things for Durant and Thompson, who had 31 points in the win over the Kings - including the decisive basket with five seconds to go. Forward Draymond Green has missed five games due to a toe injury and remains day-to-day.

BUZZER BEATERS

1. Magic SG Evan Fournier was 2-for-10 from the field in each of the first two games of the road trip while missing all seven of his 3-point attempts.

2. After scoring fewer than 20 points in each of his first seven games, Thompson has reached that mark in 12 of the last 14 contests.

3. Golden State has won each of the last 10 meetings.

PREDICTION: Warriors 115, Magic 107

Tokens
Texas Southern Tigers vs. Oregon Ducks Preview and Predictions 11-26-2018
BY GRACENOTE

Oregon returns to action for the first time since the Thanksgiving break when its hosts Texas Southern on Monday night. And all eyes will be on 7-2 freshman center Bol Bol who has drawn rave reviews for his play during a 4-1 start.

The lanky (a listed 235 pounds) son of the late 7-7 NBA icon Manute Bol was named to the all-tournament team after helping earn the Ducks a split at the 2K Empire Classic at Madison Square Garden in New York City, averaging 20 points, eight rebounds and four blocks in a 77-69 loss to Iowa and a 80-65 upset of No. 15 Syracuse. He had a career-26 points on 11-of-17 shooting to go with nine rebounds and two blocks against the Orange, and earned high praise from Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim afterward. "You're not getting to the basket against Oregon," Boeheim said. "He's a good player, he's big, he's tough. He's very good. He's a big problem out there." Texas Southern will be playing its sixth straight road game to open the season but pulled off a 72-69 upset at Baylor and nearly upset the Ducks last year in Eugene before falling, 74-68.

TV: 11 p.m. ET, Pac-12 Networks LINE: Check Intertops for the latest line

ABOUT TEXAS SOUTHERN (1-4): Jalyn Patterson, a grad transfer from LSU, was the hero in the season-opening win at Baylor, scoring 23 points, including a go-ahead 3-pointer with 21 seconds left, and handing the Bears their first loss in 57 games against SWAC schools. Patterson leads the Tigers in scoring (15.6) and assists (3.4) and is shooting 94.7 percent from the free throw line. Trayvon Reed, a 7-2 center who began his career at Auburn, is second in scoring (12.0) while also grabbing a team best 11.0 rebounds per game while senior forward Jeremy Combs, another transfer from LSU, is also averaging in double figures (10.6).

ABOUT OREGON (4-1): Bol, a McDonald's All-American from Findlay Prep in Henderson, Nev., leads the team in scoring (19.2) and rebounding (9.8) and is also shooting 42.9 percent from 3-point range. "He's a unique talent and he's going to grow into a special player," Oregon coach Dana Altman told ducksports.com. "You saw him shoot the three. You saw him handle it. He made some nice passes. ... You saw the jump hooks. He's got a very soft touch for being 7-2." Junior point guard Payton Pritchard is second in scoring (14.6) and is also averaging 5.0 assists while guard Ehab Amin, a grad transfer who led the nation in steals last season while at Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, also is averaging in double figures (10.4).

TIP-INS

1. Oregon has yet to allow an opponent to shoot 40 percent in a game and ranks second nationally in field goal percentage defense (32.3 percent) and eighth in blocked shots per game (8.8).

2. The Ducks are 72-3 (.960) all-time in non-conference games at Matthew Knight Arena which opened in 2011.

3. Oregon is 111-7 over the last six seasons when holding an opponent under 70 points.

PREDICTION: Oregon 83, Texas Southern 65

Tokens
Santa Clara Broncos vs. California Golden Bears Preview and Predictions 11-26-2018
BY GRACENOTE

California's overworked travel agent is on a much-deserved break this week after helping get the Bears through an early stretch that included trips to China and Brooklyn. The Bears return home Monday to host Santa Clara, which dropped its first four games before claiming a 71-63 win over San Jose State on Saturday.

After traveling more than 20,000 miles in a 20-day span, the Bears are beginning a 12-game run that keeps them in the state of California - including three games against Mountain West foes and a road test at Saint Mary's on Saturday. Sophomore guard Darius McNeill averaged 16.5 points in two outings at last week's Legends Classic in Brooklyn, where the Bears played well in an 82-79 loss to St. John's before losing 76-59 to Temple in the third-place game. Coach Wyking Jones is looking for more consistency from sophomore forward Justice Sueing, who scored 19 points against St. John's but was held to four points on 1-of-8 shooting against Temple. Sueing averaged 13.8 points and 5.4 rebounds last season, when the Bears lost 17 of their final 18 games and finished 8-24.

TV: 9 p.m. ET, Pac-12 Network LINE: Check Intertops for the latest line

ABOUT SANTA CLARA (1-4): The Broncos have struggled without all-West Coast Conference guard KJ Feagin, who averaged 17.5 points last season but broke his thumb in the team's second game against UC Irvine. Freshman Trey Wertz has replaced Feagin in the starting lineup and had 10 assists against San Jose State, while sophomore Tahj Eaddy added a career-high 23 points to help the Broncos break into the win column. Forward Henrik Jadersten, a 6-11 senior, scored 17 points in 27 minutes after being limited by a foot injury in the first three games.

ABOUT CAL (1-3): Junior point guard Paris Austin, an Oakland native who began his college career at Boise State, averaged 13.5 points at the Legends Classic and leads the Bears in scoring at 16.3 points per game on 52.2 percent shooting. McNeill has gone 11-for-24 from 3-point range to lead a Bears team that is shooting 45.6 percent from beyond the arc. Cal has been outrebounded in all four games but continues to be encouraged by the play of freshman forward Andre Kelly, who is averaging 10.3 points and six rebounds while shooting 66.7 percent from the field.

TIP-INS

1. Cal holds a 43-28 lead in the all-time series - including a victory in the last meeting in 2001.

2. Santa Clara sophomore forward Josip Vrankic is shooting 63.9 percent from the field over his last three games.

3. Cal was picked to finish 11th in the Pac-12 preseason poll, while Santa Clara was picked to finish ninth out of 10 teams in the WCC.

PREDICTION: Cal 72, Santa Clara 65

Tokens
Minnesota Golden Gophers vs. Boston College Eagles Preview and Predictions 11-26-2018
BY GRACENOTE

Minnesota looks to stay unbeaten when it visits Boston College as part of the Big Ten/ACC Challenge on Monday. The Golden Gophers, who notched an impressive 78-69 win against Utah on Nov. 12 before taking down Texas A&M (69-64), Santa Clara (80-66) and Washington (68-66) en route to winning the Vancouver Showcase, hope to continue their winning ways by improving to 6-0 for the third straight year.

"We've played a challenging non-conference schedule and I think we've substantially gotten better this week," Minnesota coach Richard Pitino told reporters. "Regardless of winning, I think we've really improved." Boston College bounced back from its disappointing loss to IUPUI with back-to-back wins, including a 78-66 victory against Loyola Chicago on Wednesday, to capture the Fort Myers Tipoff tournament title. The Eagles shot a season-best 51.7 percent from the floor against the Ramblers and hope to ride the momentum to their first win in the conference challenge since 2012. Boston College has dropped four straight games overall to Big Ten opponents and looks for its first non-conference win over a Power 5 rival since knocking off Auburn 72-71 on Dec. 12, 2016.

TV: 9 p.m. ET, ESPN2 LINE: Check Intertops for the latest line

ABOUT MINNESOTA (5-0): Jordan Murphy continued his stellar start to the campaign by scoring 18 points and pulling down 11 rebounds against Washington in the title game to notch his fourth double-double in five contests. Amir Coffey added 17 points and Gabe Kalscheur scored nine, including the game-winning 3-pointer with 2.1 seconds remaining, to lift the Gophers past the Huskies. "The way that he shot it I don't know if I envisioned that but he's a great kid and he deserves success," Pitino said. "Sometimes you just have to get lucky and we haven't been really lucky around here."

ABOUT BOSTON COLLEGE (4-1): Jordan Chatman led the way against Loyola with 20 points and pulled down six rebounds while Ky Bowman added 12 points, five assists and two steals to help the Eagles win the tournament. Nik Popovic scored 14 points and corralled six rebounds in a reserve role. Bowman was named Most Valuable Player after averaging 25 points, 5.5 rebounds and four assists over two games played at Suncoast Credit Union Arena to move within 13 points of passing Kenny Walls (1,193) for 32nd place on program's all-time scoring list.

TIP-INS

1. Minnesota has dropped six of its nine road games in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge.

2. Murphy needs 28 rebounds to become the 14th player in Big Ten history to reach 1,000.

3. Bowman has scored in double figures in 14 consecutive games.

PREDICTION: Boston College 73, Minnesota 70

Tokens
North Dakota State Bison vs. Gonzaga Bulldogs Preview and Predictions 11-26-2018
BY GRACENOTE

Coming off arguably the biggest win in school history, an 89-87 victory over No. 1 Duke on Wednesday in the championship game of the Maui Invitational, the Gonzaga Bulldogs could find themselves with the target that goes with being ranked No. 1 in the nation when the new polls come out on Monday. But Zags coach Mark Few, whose team hosts North Dakota State on Monday night, was already thinking ahead in that regard minutes after the school's first win over a No. 1 ranked opponent.

"I think that's going to be a huge challenge," Few admitted when asked how he keeps his team's full focus after such a milestone victory. "My good, good buddy Jay Wright (two NCAA titles in three years at Villanova including 2018) used the term that we've just got to stay away from poison. Last year when his guys moved up and were No. 1 early in the season ... they kept their eye on the prize and kept getting better and better and their culture was strong. So we've got to learn from them and follow that lesson. We made many mistakes this week. When we get them in the film room it's probably not going to be the most pleasant experience." North Dakota State, which is 2-4 and has lost to teams like East Tennessee State (79-61) and Incarnate Word (80-78 in OT), is the kind of an opponent that would be easy to overlook in that regard, especially with marque matchups at Creighton, home against in-state rival Washington, a neutral court game against SEC power Tennessee and a road date at North Carolina the next four games on the schedule. "It's a long, long haul," Few said.

TV: 9 p.m. ET, ROOT LINE: Check Intertops for the latest line

ABOUT NORTH DAKOTA STATE (2-4): This isn't the first rodeo in Spokane for the Bison, who played there in 2014 in the NCAA Tournament and as a No. 12 seed knocked off No. 5 Oklahoma in the first round before falling to San Diego State in the Round of 32. Rocky Kreuser, a 6-9 sophomore forward, leads the team in scoring (11.5), is second in rebounding (4.3) and has connected on 11-of-23 3-pointers (47.8 percent). Guard Tyson Ward is also averaging in double figures (11.3) and leads the team in rebounding (5.2).

ABOUT GONZAGA (6-0): The Maui Invitational was a national coming out party for 6-8 junior Rui Hachimura, who took home tourney MVP honors after averaging 22.3 points and six rebounds in the Zags' three victories. He had 20 points, seven rebounds, five assists, three blocks and played solid defense on potential top 2019 NBA Draft pick RJ Barrett in the upset of Duke. "I didn't know what they were talking about," Hachimura said referring to the surprised look he had on his face when they announced him as MVP. "I didn't know we had an MVP." Sophomore guard Zach Norvell Jr. also made the all-tourney team after averaging 17.7 points in the three wins and connecting on nine 3-pointers.

TIP-INS

1. Gonzaga ranks fourth nationally in scoring with an average of 97.0 points per game.

2. Zags F Brandon Clarke, a 6-8 transfer from San Jose State, is tied for first nationally with 24 blocks and had six against Duke, including one on Barrett on the Blue Devils' last possession to seal the victory.

3. Gonzaga G Josh Perkins ranks third nationally in assists (8.3).

PREDICTION: Gonzaga 106, North Dakota State 71

Tokens
Alcorn St. Braves vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs Preview and Predictions 11-26-2018
BY GRACENOTE

Three-point shooting was an Achilles heel for Mississippi State in 2017-18, and although coach Ben Howland said in preseason that the club will improve, the 15th-ranked Bulldogs misfired badly in their two games at the MGM Resorts Main Event in Las Vegas last week. Mississippi State managed to salvage one game in Vegas, however, due to its trademark suffocating defense, and will look to put the clamps down at home against struggling Alcorn State on Monday.

The Bulldogs, who ranked 323rd in the country in 3-point percentage last season (31.9 percent), shot 8-for-30 from 3-point range in their loss to Arizona State in the semifinals, falling behind by 18 points in the first half, but rebounded with a 61-57 victory over Saint Mary's in the consolation game. "We're playing really hard and held them to 37 percent on the defensive end," Howland told reporters after the win. "(Saint Mary's) is going to win 20 games and finish towards the top of their league like they have the last 10 years." The Bulldogs shot just 5-of-24 from beyond the arc against the Gaels and are ranked 334th in 3-point percentage this season (26.2 percent) with Nick Weatherspoon the only starter shooting better than 28 percent. Alcorn State, which had to replace its leading scorers and three players who transferred out after last season, coughed up an 18-point first-half lead and dropped its fourth straight game Saturday against Savannah State 80-75.

TV: 8 p.m. ET, SEC Network Plus LINE: Check Intertops for the latest line

ABOUT ALCORN STATE (1-5): Deshaw Andrews had a career-high 21 points, knocked down four 3-pointers and grabbed a personal-best 10 rebounds Saturday, and Maurice Howard added 18 points, four 3-pointers and a career-high nine assists in the loss. The 6-4 Andrews, a JC transfer from USC-Salkehatchie, leads the team in scoring (12.5 points), rebounds (6.0 ) and steals (1.7) while the 6-1 Howard - coming off a season in which he set the school's all-time record with 74 3-pointers - is averaging 12 points per game and leads the team in assists (3.5) and 3-pointers (3.2). Forward Reginal Johnson, last year's preseason SWAC Player of the Year (15.6 points, 7.1 rebounds in 2016-17) who broke his leg last Nov. 29 and has been limited in the early going this season, is averaging 7.4 points and 14.6 minutes per contest.

ABOUT MISSISSIPPI STATE (4-1): Junior Tyson Carter (11.4 points per game) came off the bench and scored 12, drained a pair of 3-pointers and added three rebounds along with a pair of assists and steals in 25 minutes against Saint Mary's. Senior forward Quinndary Weatherspoon (team-leading 17.6 points) finished with 12 points, 6-10 Aric Holman (12.6 points, 9.2 rebounds) added nine along with 11 boards while Lamar Peters (10 points, 5.2 assists) scored 10 and added five assists, although the trio combined to shoot 2-of-13 from behind the arc. Reggie Perry, a 6-10 McDonald's All-American who got the start with Abdul Ado out due to injury, had four points and five rebounds in 18 minutes Wednesday.

TIP-INS

1. Mississippi State freshman F Robert Woodard, the two-time state Gatorade Player of the Year, added six points and three boards in 25 minutes off the bench Wednesday.

2. This contest wraps up a five-game road trip for the Braves.

3. The Bulldogs travel to Dayton on Wednesday for a tough non-conference game and play No. 16 Clemson along with Cincinnati before the Christmas break.

PREDICTION: Mississippi State 84, Alcorn State 51

Tokens
UTSA Roadrunners Vs. Houston Baptist Huskies Preview and Predictions 11-26-2018

The Road runners are struggling to find themselves, they are struggling to find the basketball court! This team is a mess and not getting any better as the season begins the third full week of action. Let’s be fair, they are coming off a win on the 21st over the Florida Gulf Coast Eagles and it was an 11 point victory. They put in the effort and earned this one. The old saying goes “winning begets winning” maybe now the Roadrunners have a little confidence on their side and finally a win under their belt and pride. It feels good to win, now they know the feeling. The Huskies are not terrible and have actually come up with a couple of very big wins and one huge win against the Wake Forest Demon Deacons, in a 93-91 OT battle. Now that’s the win of this programs lifetime! It has to be. However, back on the 17th, they were drilled by Wisconsin, 96-59 and drilled by Arizona on the 7th, 90-60. So in other words, they can’t really hang with good basketball teams, but can certainly hang around with the like of the Roadrunners and will most likely get the win.

TV: 8:00 PM ET LINE: Check Intertops for the latest line

About UTSA (2018-19 1-5) The Roadrunners are scoring 69 points per game and allowing 79.2. Now, herein lies the problem. If you are allowing 10 more point on average than you are scoring, you are never going to beat anybody. This number tells it all, they have no defense of any kind and until they find it, they are cooked and this season is only going to get more miserable than it already is. Their shooting percentage is a paltry 37.7%, that a zoo! The coaching for this team is failing them. When a team only hits 37% of their shots, they are doomed. They are rebounding decently with 39.3 per game but just 10 assists per game and that a direst effect of the terrible shooting. This team must go back to the well, cancel Christmas and everything else and every starter take 500 shots per day! It’s the only way possible for them to get any better.

About Houston Baptist (2018-19 2-2): The Huskies somehow managed to beat Wake Forest and Fordham and the Wake win, came in Wake. This means they have some talent and when they want to turn it on, they do exactly that. This is another team that need a coach to light a fire and get these people motivated. They can obviously play basketball, but they must want it. The Huskies are scoring 71.8 points per game and allowing a brutal 87.3 per game. How they beat 5 crew member from any random McDonalds, is a mystery, but they did. Again, they have talent, but they must use it and must go to the well in an effort to play just a little bit of defense.

Extra Points:

1. The Roadrunners rely on Keaton Wallace for their scoring with 17 points per game but he only shoots 35% from the field. Imagine if he were to commit himself as Step Curry did while at Davidson, with 500 shots per day. The guy would be a scoring fool. This team is grossly mismanaged.

2. Sophomore guard Ian DuBose is the go to guy for the Huskies with 15.8 points per game and 3 rebounds. He must have a big night and carry his fellow Huskies on his back, there aren’t a whole lot of other options.

3. This game will go in the mid 160’s, play it over.

PREDICTION: Huskies 88 Roadrunners 84

Tokens
Murray St. Racers vs. Alabama Crimson Tide Preview and Predictions 11-26-2018
BY GRACENOTE

Alabama looks to extend its winning streak to three games when it returns to the court after a week off to host Murray State Monday in a non-conference matchup. The Crimson Tide took fifth place in the Charleston Classic, capped with a 90-86 victory over Wichita State, while the Racers are undefeated after three games, including a 77-66 win over Missouri State on Saturday.

Alabama coach Avery Johnson has a balanced attack with six players averaging between 8.8 and 13.4 points, led by sophomore guard John Petty's 13.4. Freshman guard Kira Lewis Jr. contributes 13.2 points per contest while sophomore guard Herbert Jones is the team's third double-figure scorer at 10.4. The Crimson Tide has been hurt by turnovers in the first few games of the season, with the team dishing out 14 assists per game but turning the ball over an average of 13 times. Murray State has used a stifling defense to power its success this season, limiting teams to 52 points per game, while sophomore guard Ja Morant has been the offensive catalyst, averaging a team-high 24.3 points.

TV: 8 p.m. ET, SEC Network LINE: Check Intertops for the latest line

ABOUT MURRAY STATE (3-0): As a freshman, Morant showed flashes of his all-around ability for the Racers, averaging 12.7 points, 6.5 rebounds and 6.3 assists to help Murray State to the Ohio Valley Conference regular-season and conference tournament titles. But Morant looks like he's aiming even higher this season after recording his second career triple-double -- the third in school history -- with 29 points, 13 rebounds and 12 assists against Missouri State. Even at 6-3, Morant isn't afraid to mix it up on the interior, and when he gets to the line, he makes teams pay, hitting 13-of-15 this season, though he'll get a test going against the athletic Crimson Tide defense.

ABOUT ALABAMA (4-1): Last season, Alabama shot 67 percent from the free-throw line and had six losses by five points or fewer, so Johnson made it an emphasis heading into the 2018-19 campaign for the team to improve on that percentage. Through five contests, the percentage is up to 72.7 percent, but against Wichita State, the Crimson Tide connected on 31-of-33 from the charity stripe, including 23-of-24 in the second half. Lewis has led the improvement with perfect 14-of-14 accuracy from the stripe, but three other players - Dazon Ingram, Tevin Mack and Alex Reese - are also shooting better than 82 percent this season.

TIP-INS

1. Murray State G Shaq Buchanan is coming off his best game of the season, a 20-point effort in the win over Missouri State.

2. Jones leads the Crimson Tide in steals (five) and charges taken (11) this season.

3. Alabama has been hitting the offensive glass in the early part of the season, with more than a third of the team's rebounds (63 of 184) coming off its own missed shots.

PREDICTION: Alabama 74, Murray State 69

Tokens
Eastern Michigan Eagles vs. Texas Christian Horned Frogs Preview and Predictions 11-26-2018
BY GRACENOTE

No. 18 TCU will try to get its offense rolling when it continues a six-game homestand Monday against Eastern Michigan. Injured starters and new faces have left the Horned Frogs offense out of sync, as seen in last week's home loss to Lipscomb.

"I'm putting teams out there that I don't feel we've practiced enough with them," TCU coach Jamie Dixon told reporters after the loss. "It's not anybody's fault. It's just the situation we've been in. I think it's affected our offense." Jaylen Fisher (seven minutes) and Kouat Noi (23 minutes) each had their playing time limited after returning from knee injuries, but the Horned Frogs had a season-high 16 turnovers and struggled to chase Lipscomb after a slow start to the second half. The Eagles have lost three of four, including blowouts against Duke (84-46) and Rutgers (63-36). Eagles senior James Thompson IV - the NCAA's active career rebound leader with 1,172 - leads a strong frontcourt that scored 44 points in the paint in its last game.

TV: 8 p.m. ET, FS Southwest LINE: Check Intertops for the latest line

ABOUT EASTERN MICHIGAN (4-3): Thompson - who needs 254 boards to pass Kennedy McIntosh for the school's career rebounds record (1,425) - averages 10.6 points on 60.8 percent shooting with 9.9 rebounds. Junior center Boubacar Toure adds 10 points on 66.7 percent shooting, 8.7 rebounds and 2.3 blocks per contest. Senior Paul Jackson leads the Eagles - who set a NCAA record with four first-half points in the loss to Rutgers on Nov. 19 - with 13.1 points and 4.1 assists per game.

ABOUT TCU (3-1): Senior guard Alex Robinson leads the Horned Frogs with 16.3 points per game and is averaging 8.0 assists to rank fourth nationally entering Sunday. Junior guard Desmond Bane adds 15.8 points and senior forward JD Miller chips in 12.8 per contest for TCU, which was outscored in the paint (42-26) for the first time this season against Lipscomb. Redshirt freshman center Kevin Samuel has nine total blocks to go with 8.3 points and 7.5 rebounds per game.

TIP-INS

1. The Eagles have allowed twice as many 3-pointers (72 on 35.5 percent shooting) as they've made (36 on 28.3 percent shooting).

2. Robinson needs 10 assists to pass Darrell Browder (459 assists, 1980-83) for fifth on TCU's career list.

3. Fisher did not score in his season debut and did not play in the second half as he continues to feel comfortable after two offseason knee surgeries.

PREDICTION: TCU 75, Eastern Michigan 68

Tokens
Wofford Terriers vs. South Carolina Gamecocks Preview and Predictions 11-26-2018
BY GRACENOTE

South Carolina returns from a lengthy layoff when it hosts in-state rival Wofford on Monday. It will mark the Gamecocks' first action in more than a week as they last played on Nov. 18, when they registered a 90-55 victory over George Washington.

The extended break gave Frank Martin's team time to work on its offensive woes, as it is shooting a lackluster 44.1 percent overall and just 32.5 percent from 3-point range. It also gave the Gamecocks time to get healthier, which could help at the offensive end with freshman forward Alanzo Frink ready to make his debut after being sidelined by a lingering knee injury for the first five games and provide them with some much-needed depth in the frontcourt. Wofford has faced a tough schedule - its two losses were to North Carolina at home and on the road against Oklahoma - but took advantage of weaker competition to pick up lopsided home wins over Coppin State (99-65) and NCAA Division II Mars Hill (97-46) last week. The Palmetto State rivals have met 63 times, with South Carolina owning a 44-19 advantage - including a 73-52 road victory last season.

TV: 7 p.m. ET, SEC Network Plus LINE: Check Intertops for the latest line

ABOUT WOFFORD (4-2): The Terriers are outstanding on the perimeter - their 11.3 3-pointers per game rank 12th in the nation - and they hold opponents to 29.7 percent shooting from beyond the arc. Reigning Southern Conference Player of the Year Fletcher Magee (18.5 points) is responsible for much of the damage from long range, as he is 26-for-64 from 3-point range, but Nathan Hoover (10.7) and Storm Murphy (9.2, 4.3 assists) also like to launch it. Forward Cameron Jackson (13.9 points, 8.4 rebounds) is a legitimate post player, and he has some help in the frontcourt from the 6-9 Keve Aluma (6.5, 6.4) and 6-11 Matthew Pegram (5.5, 4.4).

ABOUT SOUTH CAROLINA (3-2): The Gamecocks' offensive struggles have been fueled by two factors - Chris Silva's inability to stay out of foul trouble and injuries to the talented freshman class. Freshman guard A.J. Lawson (15.8 points, 4.6 rebounds, 4.6 assists) is off to a roaring start and classmate Keyshawn Bryant is averaging 8.8 points off the bench. With freshman T.J. Moss (8.7 points) being a 3-point threat in three games since returning from injury and Frink poised to add a body inside to spell Silva (10.8, six rebounds), Martin will have a deep bench at his disposal.

TIP-INS

1. South Carolina's bench has averaged 30 points in the last two games.

2. Silva has registered 17 career double-doubles, including 20 points and 17 rebounds last time out against George Washington.

3. Wofford averages only 9.8 turnovers - 15th-fewest in the nation - while South Carolina forces 16 per game.

PREDICTION: South Carolina 69, Wofford 65

Tokens
Nebraska Omaha Mavericks vs. Iowa State Cyclones Preview and Predictions 11-26-2018
BY GRACENOTE

In 65 games at Nebraska, Michael Jacobson averaged 5.3 points and never scored more than 14 in a game, but has totaled 15 or more in each of his first six contests at Iowa State. The 6-9, 231-pound junior forward from Waukee, Iowa, will try to keep that trend going when the Cyclones, fresh off a promising performance at the Maui Invitational, host Omaha on Monday.

"I'm taking advantage of my opportunities when they're there," Jacobson, who sat out 2017-18 after transferring, told the Des Moines Register. "I shoot open shots - trying not to force anything. (Coach Steve Prohm) has put a lot of confidence in me. He gives me the freedom to make plays." Jacobson's playing time could decrease when suspended sophomore Cameron Lard (12.6 points, team-high 8.1 rebounds last season) makes his season debut, which is expected to be Dec. 3 versus North Dakota State, but it seems it will be a nice problem for Prohm. Iowa State lost to Arizona 71-66 in the Maui opener before bouncing back to rout Illinois 84-68 and San Diego State 87-57 in the consolation bracket. The Mavericks, who were picked to finish next-to-last in the Summit League preseason poll, are coming off an 89-65 victory over Montana State on Saturday behind a career-high 33 points from senior guard Zach Jackson.

TV: 8 p.m. ET, No TV LINE: Check Intertops for the latest line

ABOUT OMAHA (3-3): Jackson, an all-Summit League preseason first-team selection, averages 21.8 points and shoots 58.7 percent from the field - 46.2 from 3-point range - after recording a team-high 17.6 points and 6.4 rebounds in earning Summit League second-team honors in 2017-18. Junior guard JT Gibson (13.2 points) scored 14 versus Montana State and combined with Jackson to go 10-for-16 from beyond the arc, helping the Mavericks shoot a season-best 48.3 percent from deep. Omaha's ambitious non-conference schedule is already dotted with losses at Minnesota 104-76 and at Colorado 79-75, with games at Arizona State and at No. 20 Oregon remaining.

ABOUT IOWA STATE (5-1): Senior guard Marial Shayok paces the Cyclones at 19.5 points per game, shooting 50.6 percent from the field, while Jacobson averages 17.7 points and a team-high 7.3 rebounds. Freshman guard Talen Horton-Tucker, who turned 18 on Sunday, averages 15.0 points and 6.5 rebounds on the strength of his huge performance against Illinois - 26 points, 14 rebounds, six assists and three blocks. Sophomore guard Lindell Wigginton (team-high 16.7 points last season), a Naismith Trophy and Wooden Award watch list member, remains sidelined with a foot injury sustained in the season opener versus Alabama.

TIP-INS

1. Iowa State is the top free-throw shooting team in the Big 12 at 76.1 percent.

2. The Cyclones are 49-4 versus non-conference opponents at Hilton Coliseum over the last eight seasons.

3. Iowa State averages 79.5 points and allows 63.5 -- each third-best among Big 12 teams.

PREDICTION: Iowa State 79, Omaha 63

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
incclutchmarketing
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com