Forum: Boxing, UFC, Mixed Martial Arts Forum - Picks, discussion and fighter analysis. This is TheRx's official fighting and combat forum.

Thread: Fury/Wilder Fight

1. #1 Fury/Wilder Fight 
    RX Member
    Wow, what a fight!! Can't remember seeing a heavyweight title fight with so much action..Unfortunately ONCE AGAIN the sport can't get the result correct. Fury owned Wilder all night..Wilder had 2 knockdowns, 1 of which knocked Fury into another world but he was somehow able to get up and immediately start throwing thunderous shots. Fury picked him apart from the very start. Sickening that the sport can't make a change to eliminate the corruption and ongoing fixed outcomes from judges but I will definitely be watching that rematch. Gotta love Fury and respect his life story.

RX Senior
    No doubt Fury won. I think one could make the argument the fight could have been stopped at the one knock down thoguh and just called it a KO

RX Member
    He must be delusional from the constant blows he endured throughout the fight. I had Wilder 10-8 in 2 rounds, and 10-9 in 1 other round. Other than that ALL Fury. I would have scored it 115-101 in a blowout for Fury. One could argue that the ref could have stopped fight by Wilder KO in R12 but I also disagree w/ that. You have to continue fight w/ how Fury got up, did not exhibit any stumbling, then immediately fired several blows that clearly shook Wilder. I love boxing, always have..But I am DISGUSTED w/ these judges. Literally every PPV fight I've seen in past 2-3 yrs has been the wrong result. Even so, I will definitely watch this rematch. Probably the most active Heavyweight fight I've ever seen. Fury is on my list of all-time favorite fighters seen live along w/ Ward, Gatti, Morales, Barrera, & Marquez

RX Junior
    Its all about $$$ in boxing. I refuse to pay to watch it. Instead i just stream it like most of us do.
    Boxing is 1 of the most courrupt sports

Georgia .. 5 billion BBQ places , one good pizza place in the entire state
    I thought Deontay Wilder won that fight , he was the more aggressive boxer, and had two clean knockdowns. I really was expecting to seen a deeper tool box from Fury, the draw does make for a complex web with 3 men who could unify the belts. I can see Tyson Fury going to fight Anthony Joshua next ... which i think is a way bigger paycheck then a rematch with Deontay Wilder, and them coming back to fight wilder.

Quote Originally Posted by smartmoneyfollower View Post
    I thought Deontay Wilder won that fight , he was the more aggressive boxer, and had two clean knockdowns. I really was expecting to seen a deeper tool box from Fury, the draw does make for a complex web with 3 men who could unify the belts. I can see Tyson Fury going to fight Anthony Joshua next ... which i think is a way bigger paycheck then a rematch with Deontay Wilder, and them coming back to fight wilder.

Aggressive boxer? He landed like 16% of his punches.

RX Local
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobdeeper7239 View Post
    Aggressive boxer? He landed like 16% of his punches.
    Do you follow MMA fights Mob?
    Welchers are the worst.

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bull24 View Post
    He must be delusional from the constant blows he endured throughout the fight. I had Wilder 10-8 in 2 rounds, and 10-9 in 1 other round. Other than that ALL Fury. I would have scored it 115-101 in a blowout for Fury. One could argue that the ref could have stopped fight by Wilder KO in R12 but I also disagree w/ that. You have to continue fight w/ how Fury got up, did not exhibit any stumbling, then immediately fired several blows that clearly shook Wilder. I love boxing, always have..But I am DISGUSTED w/ these judges. Literally every PPV fight I've seen in past 2-3 yrs has been the wrong result. Even so, I will definitely watch this rematch. Probably the most active Heavyweight fight I've ever seen. Fury is on my list of all-time favorite fighters seen live along w/ Ward, Gatti, Morales, Barrera, & Marquez
    I'm talking before he started getting up. When you get knocked to the ground like that...he was out for 1 or two seconds. They often wave off the fight as a knockout. They don't hover over them waiting for them to get up. Judgement call though