Forum: Boxing, UFC, Mixed Martial Arts Forum - Picks, discussion and fighter analysis. This is TheRx's official fighting and combat forum.

Thread: UFC 231: Holloway vs. Ortega

1. #1 UFC 231: Holloway vs. Ortega 
    Georgia .. 5 billion BBQ places , one good pizza place in the entire state
    Diego Ferreira -350

John Makdessi was expected to face Carlos Diego Ferreira at the event. However, Makdessi pulled out of the fight on November 28 and was replaced by returning veteran Jesse Ronso.
    Ferreira is a 3rd degree black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and a higher level fighter then Ronso. I was really impressed with his stand-up and finish of Jared Gordon. Ferreira accepted a 17-month sanction by the US Anti-Doping Agency for an anti-doping violation, during this time he has rounded out his skills and fight IQ, but looks like he is still on the juice. Jesse Ronson is being given the fight because of his local following to fill some seats.

When you're broke, you Break
    No offense but what's the purpose of sharing heavy chalk on every play? Favorites hit almost 70-75% so there is really no thought / handicapping behind it and a loss or 2 wipes out a bunch of previous wins.

RX Local
    Quote Originally Posted by New York Knight View Post
    No offense but what's the purpose of sharing heavy chalk on every play? Favorites hit almost 70-75% so there is really no thought / handicapping behind it and a loss or 2 wipes out a bunch of previous wins.
    Unless you're on Pedro to close out two parlays like I was haha. Pedro is off my bet list moving forward. His fights are a roller coaster ride.
    Welchers are the worst.

I post where i think there is value. Tell all of the people who bet Tyson Pedro last night where the line moved to -540 and higher on some books, that there is "really no thought"

RX Local
    Quote Originally Posted by smartmoneyfollower View Post
    I post where i think there is value. Tell all of the people who bet Tyson Pedro last night where the line moved to -540 and higher on some books, that there is "really no thought"
    There is no value in straight betting a line like that. I had Pedro in two different parlays.
    Welchers are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Enfuego View Post
    There is no value in straight betting a line like that. I had Pedro in two different parlays.
    Zero, zilch, none.

Why don't you keep a record with units wagered as well then so we can see the value. I've seen you lose more of these than win, and like already stated, one loss on these can crush all winning for weeks upon end...

good luck...

the judge who gave that fight to Kyle Bochniak needs to be investigated or removed from the sport.

RX SemiGod
    Holloway too cocky. Hope he doesn't get wrapped later on. He should win... but seen this overcockiness make many fighters lose.

RX SemiGod
    Hope that cockiness doesn't bite him in the ass.

Got to finish the job.

2-0 easy.

RX Local
    the judge who gave that fight to Kyle Bochniak needs to be investigated or removed from the sport.
    I saw Dawodu take all three rounds easily.
    Welchers are the worst.