Forum: OFFSHORE FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The internet's most popular and busiest sports betting forum. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: Kevin Hart under fire for decade old jokes, steps down from Oscar host selection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RX Local
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobdeeper7239 View Post
    Tell that to the thousands of kids/people who kill themselves from reading shit on there.

I agree people only show what they want you to see. It’s not presented realistically. But it is real life.
    No, it's not real life or Donald Trump wouldn't have been elected POTUS. Twitter had him defeated in a landslide. Twitter doesn't reflect the views of the majority. It reflects the views of social justice warriors.
    Welchers are the worst.

RX Local
    Quote Originally Posted by StanfordSam View Post
    It is real life in this day and age -- but it doesn't justify going back in time for the sole purpose of taking someone down. That's all this is
    It doesn't not adequately reflect the views of the majority. It presents one view as if that view is in the majority when more often than not, it's not.
    Welchers are the worst.

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Enfuego View Post
    It doesn't not adequately reflect the views of the majority. It presents one view as if that view is in the majority when more often than not, it's not.
    Fair point. I'm just saying it has consequences and impact, whether or not we want it to.

I think we can agree how ridiculous this is. Happy that Kevin Hart stood his ground.
    Where’s the collusion?

Lmao. Bahahahahahahahaha Another one. Zit’s twin. Every fucking post these two come with the same fucking bullshit statement every single fucking time. bahahahahahahaha. Every single time y’all associate some dumb fuck saying stupid shit on social media with political anything....you’re fucking brain dead. Now Zit will see what I am talking about. You morons bring this up about every fucking topic. Both of you did it bahahahahahahahahahagaLOLLLL.
    Except for the fact that the people attacking Hart are left wingers. They're proudly left wing, say so, and there is no factual dispute about this.

You're so dumb it is actually boring.

Lollllllll right. Mr. political correctness. You don’t even know what that is if you are using it in this particular subject. There is no connection, you are reaching like you always do. Keep making your baseless statements. You think this is the first time? I’m not going searching for your stupid ass statements you make in this offshore forum. But just know I wouldn’t be calling you out if this was the first time. Maybe the 50th time.
    Um, stupid, he said these things in 2011. Yet mysteriously they're being talked about today.

Do you know what year it is moron?

RX Local
    Fair point. I'm just saying it has consequences and impact, whether or not we want it to.

I think we can agree how ridiculous this is. Happy that Kevin Hart stood his ground.
    He didn't stand his ground. He stepped down from hosting the Oscars because of Mob's Twitter mob.
    Welchers are the worst.

RX Senior
    He didn't stand his ground. He stepped down from hosting the Oscars because of Mob's Twitter mob.
    I think he stepped down as it was inevitable he was going to be booted. But I admire him for at least calling out how batshit crazy it is.
    Where’s the collusion?

RX Senior
    I think he stepped down as it was inevitable he was going to be booted. But I admire him for at least calling out how batshit crazy it is.
    ah that's part of standing your ground..he should of made them fire him

Retired; APRIL 2014 Thank You Gambling tatehill2000's Avatar
    Tell that to the thousands of kids/people who kill themselves from reading shit on there.

I agree people only show what they want you to see. It’s not presented realistically. But it is real life.
    Thinning of the Heard,,

if the FA@*$ cant handle it???,,,
    GOLD is the Money of the KINGS, SILVER is the Money of the GENTLEMEN, BARTER is the Money of the PEASANTS, but DEBT is the Money of the SLAVES!!!

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by busterhyman View Post
    ah that's part of standing your ground..he should of made them fire him
    Fair enough. I guess relative to most people, he at least showed some sort of fight. That was my point
    Where’s the collusion?

RX Local
    Thin skin world where many get feelings hurt. Just think if spent the energy doing something good instead of worrying what a brother said years ago

imagine if a white comic said it what a blood bath it would be

fuggin idiots

RX SemiGod
    Dwight Howard to replace him?

With full make up?

That'll show them!

Retired; APRIL 2014 Thank You Gambling tatehill2000's Avatar
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVqTFNgHvk4

BOOM... someone finally speaks up, and does EXACTLY what i said!!
    Sarah silverman, Amy schumer,, just to name 2...
    GOLD is the Money of the KINGS, SILVER is the Money of the GENTLEMEN, BARTER is the Money of the PEASANTS, but DEBT is the Money of the SLAVES!!!

RX Local
    Heisman winner Kyler Murray's past homophobic tweets deleted hours after award: report

Hours after Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray won the Heisman Trophy, several homophobic tweets from his past resurfaced.

As a teenager, Murray used an anti-gay slur in a tweet to friends, USA Today reported. Oklahoma University did not respond to the newspaper’s request for comment.

The tweets were deleted from Murray’s account early Sunday.

The re-discovered tweets put Murray, 21, in the company of other athletes finding themselves in a negative light just as they achieve success.

Racist tweets from Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen’s teenage years resurfaced ahead of last year's NFL Draft.

After helping the Villanova Wildcats win the 2018 national men's basketball championship, a tweet by Donte DiVincenzo that contained racist rap lyrics was also brought to light.

Tweets by Josh Hader of the Milwaukee Brewers featured racist, homophobic and misogynistic words. The tweets -- which Hader posted as a teen -- drew attention earlier this year as he became one of the top relievers in the majors.

While he is known for football, Oklahoma's Murray was selected by baseball's Oakland A’s with the ninth overall pick in the 2018 MLB draft. He plans to report to spring training next year after his college football career ends. He led the Sooners to a Big 12 championship the season.

Oklahoma faces No. 1 Alabama in the College Football Playoff on Dec. 29.
    Welchers are the worst.

Honey Badger Don't Give A Shit barman's Avatar
    Twitter doesn't reflect the views of the majority. It reflects the views of social justice warriors.
    Twitter and IG may not yet be 'the majority', but they are certainly the primary communication tool worldwide for people aged 18-50. Every single person in any form of mainstream or cyber-based journalism is active, as are virtually everyone in the legal and political fields and obviously anyone in the entertainment business. Which last I checked television remains the number one channel of information to Americans nationwide

Trump's use of twitter, along with his millions of dedicated Followers is what propelled him to the combined 100,000 vote margin in WI, MI and PA that flipped the electoral college in his favor.

*You* (or I or anyone else) may view the platforms with skepticism and/or disdain but that is akin to someone in the early aughts turning their nose up to 'the internet'
    If your mouth gets dry, You Plenty High

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    And Twitter still doesn't reflect the views of the majority. A minority of the people scream the loudest and complain all the time. Presumably because they really have NOTHING else to do, they exist to be offended for somebody else.

Social media has given them a voice they never had in the real world
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter". "A rising tide raises all boats". "MAGA"

RX Local
    Quote Originally Posted by barman View Post
    Twitter and IG may not yet be 'the majority', but they are certainly the primary communication tool worldwide for people aged 18-50. Every single person in any form of mainstream or cyber-based journalism is active, as are virtually everyone in the legal and political fields and obviously anyone in the entertainment business. Which last I checked television remains the number one channel of information to Americans nationwide

Trump's use of twitter, along with his millions of dedicated Followers is what propelled him to the combined 100,000 vote margin in WI, MI and PA that flipped the electoral college in his favor.

*You* (or I or anyone else) may view the platforms with skepticism and/or disdain but that is akin to someone in the early aughts turning their nose up to 'the internet'
    According to Statista, as of Fall of 2018, the two most used social media platforms by teens and young adults are Instagram and Snapchat.
    Welchers are the worst.

Honey Badger Don't Give A Shit barman's Avatar
    According to Statista, as of Fall of 2018, the two most used social media platforms by teens and young adults are Instagram and Snapchat.
    Correct....My ignorance of SC fairly explained by my own age of 58.

But overall social media is still driven by Twitter, especially among the journalists, legal professionals and of course those in the political fields.

Those outside the aforementioned demographic (age 18-50) may well roll their eyes and decry these platforms as "young loudmouths making the most noise", but in doing so they reveal the ironic paradigm shift - that is, the primary lines of social communication in the year 2018 and forward will be driven by people aged 18-50.

And five years from now, it will be driven by people aged 18-55.

Anyone older than that might sneer at this reality but ruefully, increasingly less people are paying them (those older than 55) much attention.

*I* am just happy that I've managed to retain a fair number of connections w those in the younger demos...My three adult kids in their 30s, my five business partners aged 28-45 etc.

Otherwise I myself might be yelling at the majority of Americans younger than me and being frustrated that they refuse to listen to my telling them "how things worked back in my day!!"
    If your mouth gets dry, You Plenty High

RX Local
    Quote Originally Posted by barman View Post
    Correct....My ignorance of SC fairly explained by my own age of 58.

But overall social media is still driven by Twitter, especially among the journalists, legal professionals and of course those in the political fields.

Those outside the aforementioned demographic (age 18-50) may well roll their eyes and decry these platforms as "young loudmouths making the most noise", but in doing so they reveal the ironic paradigm shift - that is, the primary lines of social communication in the year 2018 and forward will be driven by people aged 18-50.

And five years from now, it will be driven by people aged 18-55.

Anyone older than that might sneer at this reality but ruefully, increasingly less people are paying them (those older than 55) much attention.

*I* am just happy that I've managed to retain a fair number of connections w those in the younger demos...My three adult kids in their 30s, my five business partners aged 28-45 etc.

Otherwise I myself might be yelling at the majority of Americans younger than me and being frustrated that they refuse to listen to my telling them "how things worked back in my day!!"
    This is why Twitter isn't real life.
    Welchers are the worst.