Forum: NFL Football Forum - Sponsored by: WagerWeb - get your 100% bonus here!
Post your picks or discuss anything related to betting NFL football here.

Thread: 35% on Wash. Why?

1. #1 35% on Wash. Why? 
    I just can't see Sanchez engineering a win, or a cover for that matter. Yet 35% are on Wash. Please explain.

Even with OBJ out. Wash is 16th in rushing, ~115yds/gm. Ny is 21st in run defense. Can't see Wash controlling ball and marching down field vs 8 in the box. All of Sanchez's stats are several years out of date. Before last week, 2 games and 10 passes in 3 years, with a qbr of 3.2.

Any thoughts on how wash makes 3.5 a winner?

BOL 2 all !

SEASON TEAM GP CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD LNG INT FUM QBR RAT
    2009 15 196 364 53.8 2,444 6.71 12 65 20 8 34.8 63.0
    2010 16 278 507 54.8 3,291 6.49 17 74 13 5 51.6 75.3
    2011 16 308 543 56.7 3,474 6.40 26 74 18 4 44.1 78.2
    2012 15 246 453 54.3 2,883 6.36 13 66 18 9 27.1 66.9
    2014 9 198 309 64.1 2,418 7.83 14 72 11 3 57.5 88.4
    2015 4 59 91 64.8 616 6.77 4 43 4 1 34.4 80.7
    2016 2 10 18 55.6 93 5.17 0 33 2 0 3.2 30.3
    2018 1 13 21 61.9 100 4.76 0 20 1 1 13.3 53.7
    Career 78 1,308 2,306 56.7 15,319 6.64 86 74

RX Senior
    You act like the Giants are good lol. +3 is pretty good for a home dog when two teams are pretty even. Wash is +14 and the Giants -29 net yards rushing a game if 65% think the Giants win a game by more than 3 take the dog just on that. Giants shouldn't be favored by 3.5 on the road against anyone if you ask me. Manning overall was decent in the regular season. Last few years garbage. He made hs name in the playoffs on two different runs. Not sure if this is a great play on Washington or a total stay away game JMO

Not suggesting a NYG play. Many other games I prefer.

But NY has won 3 of last 4 and last week beat the bears. Playing better of late. Enough so, that I was just struggling to understand why over a third of the bettors would pick Wash. OBJ's absence is a factor, but its not even changed the line a half point. And Sanchez is an anvil around Wash's neck.

Thanks for your input.

Adrian Peterson plans to whup Saquan Barkley with a hand-cut switch pre-game. You heard it here first.

RX Senior
    Played Washington ML

Both of these teams are very bad, and I’m going to take the home team in a battle of bad teams generally. Nothing would really surprise me
    Wheres the collusion?

Quote Originally Posted by exploited17 View Post
    You act like the Giants are good lol. +3 is pretty good for a home dog when two teams are pretty even. Wash is +14 and the Giants -29 net yards rushing a game if 65% think the Giants win a game by more than 3 take the dog just on that. Giants shouldn't be favored by 3.5 on the road against anyone if you ask me. Manning overall was decent in the regular season. Last few years garbage. He made hs name in the playoffs on two different runs. Not sure if this is a great play on Washington or a total stay away game JMO
    I agree with the Giants not being good, I don't think he was saying they were good, just that they were the side. I just see better games on the board than needing to reach for this one. This looks like a pass or Giants bet to me.

The biggest factor here and the first thing to check in any handicap is the injury report. The skins have both guards out AND their back-ups. The books see this and this is the reason for the ~5 point adjustment. It's both terrible for a below average quarterback who is pick prone like Sanchez, and more importantly it's very, very bad for any team looking to run the ball (Redskins should be looking to ride Peterson with backup Sanchez in). I get it that Beckham is out but I think a weak o-line + Sanchez is absolutely just a no bet for me (Sanchez alone was and has always been a no bet for me or a fade).

I'm staying away, but lean Giants as USCMD said.

Quote Originally Posted by StanfordSam View Post
    Played Washington ML

Both of these teams are very bad, and Im going to take the home team in a battle of bad teams generally. Nothing would really surprise me
    Or just pass when bad teams play eachother and bet some pizza money if you have to have action.

RX Senior
    Giants have been playing well but we dont know if theyll show up. At some point with teams in this spot, it happens. Sure theyve rallied last 4 games and played good ball.

Skins are decimated injury wise but are still in the playoff hunt. Sanchez is not as bad as the narrative. Skins might fight to the end but deep in their hearts might know they are doomed and quit.

Id wait and see how it looks and possibly make an in game wager.

Otherwise, pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    Giants have been playing well but we don’t know if they’ll show up. At some point with teams in this spot, it happens. Sure they’ve rallied last 4 games and played good ball.

Skins are decimated injury wise but are still in the playoff hunt. Sanchez is not as bad as the narrative. Skins might fight to the end but deep in their hearts might know they are doomed and quit.

I’d wait and see how it looks and possibly make an in game wager.

Otherwise, pass.

Sanchez has a career 1:1 TD to pick ratio, low QBR, and has been on 4 different teams in his last 10 years. There's a reason he's not starting. I don't trust Eli either, but I trust him a lot more than Sanchez. I'm staying away from the game, not sure who wins, but Sanchez is neither a good nor average QB if history is any indicator. It's the NFL so anything can happen, no real strong feeling on either side. Good luck to you guys.

I'm with you on the in-game wager.

RX Senior
    Im not big on Sanchez just saying he isnt horrible. There are QBs that have started this year that Sanchez is slightly better than. In the right situation hed do adequately. This is probably not the right situation Skins are decimated and hes just been on the roster for I think less than 2 weeks.
    Pass.
    If Giants come out hard, stop the run on D or establish the run on O an early live bet might be wise.

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyisgod View Post
    Or just pass when bad teams play eachother and bet some pizza money if you have to have action.
    That's definitely fair lol

but I think getting Washington at +160 at home against a BAD team is worth the risk IMO
    Wheres the collusion?

RX Senior
    If Giants get Barkley at least 25 touches they win the game and cover.

Sanchez

RX Senior
    Beckham not playing

I think the Giants win..sanchez is horrible. It's been years since he has had a significant game, Washington is missing a ton of offensive linemen and I expect sanchez to have no significant effect. Remember he just signed there and has basically no repore with any of the receivers . the worry is Josh Norman or Ryan Kerrigan make a huge defensive play. Without OBJ look for Manning to go to Barkley early and often. Love his reception total prop

RX Senior
    Im a Giants fan. Giants 3 of their wins have been squeakers against 2 backups (Chicago and Tampa) and a 3rd string QB (at San Fran). Eli was terrible for the most part against the Bears D (Giants scored a defensive TD and OBJ threw one for a TD). Skins D is above average and sacked Eli 7 times in the first meeting. This will probably be one ugly game. I wouldnt feel confident the Giants can cover 3.5 here even with Sanchez.

RX Member
    everybody likes NYG in the Supercontest.......Giants are the 5th most selected and 2d in margin.......while Wash is the 4th least picked....I don't always take the unpopular ones but this is defnitley one of them........they say though to go against the public so who knows ?

RX Senior
    Great spot for Washington imo. Giants offensive line still bad and redskins defense should have a good day. Not sure how people all of a sudden go to trusting Eli Manning after the way he started the season. Washington just played 2 tough road games and come home and play a bad team, should get the win even with Sanchez. The public confidence in New York is based solely on Sanchez but they should realize who the giants really are. I think a.redskins and bears ml parlay is tempting today.

Who the #$@! are the giants to be giving points to anyone on the road? You're asking for trouble.....BOL

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    Im not big on Sanchez just saying he isnt horrible. There are QBs that have started this year that Sanchez is slightly better than. In the right situation hed do adequately. This is probably not the right situation Skins are decimated and hes just been on the roster for I think less than 2 weeks.
    Pass.
    If Giants come out hard, stop the run on D or establish the run on O an early live bet might be wise.

Please stop posting if you think Sanchez isnt horrible.

RX Senior
    I was definitely wrong. Glad I didn't take it. I did say they would end up 8-8 when they were 6-4 and lost to Texans. But getting beat down by Giants is ugly