Forum: College Football Forum - Post your picks or discuss anything related to betting NCAA football here. Sponsored by:

Thread: UGA has no OC or DC currently

1. #1 UGA has no OC or DC currently 
    Mel gone to HC

Fat boy Chaney heading to Tenny

Who will Kirby find? Hopefully someone with a better ST fake playbook.....hehe
    Donít drink and drive...
    you might slice a hook!

RX Wizard
    Working all those years with Saban, Smart has seen plenty of coaches come and go.

He should have a solid plan and handle the hiring of new coaches with little problem.

I can't believe Pruitt hired Chaney...thought he was smarter than that.
    "A trophy carries dust. Memories last forever." Old Coach

RX Junior
    Haha why in the heck would anyone continue to hire Chaney. Guy is the definition of a sec retread.

Kirby doesn’t need the DC to be as big of a hire as he does the OC. Go get the briles kid and see what happens

RX Wizard
    Kirby may be considering Eddie Gran (Kentucky OC) as his next offensive coordinator. At
    least that's the vibes coming out of Athens. Gran makes $850,000 a year with the Cats but
    Georgia could bump that easily.

Gran is reportedly happy at Kentucky even though he took heat from the fan base as too
    conservative. One thing in his favor is he's a top-notch recruiter. Stay tuned.
    "A trophy carries dust. Memories last forever." Old Coach

RX Junior
    Yep Chaney just to GA to top 15 offense and top two SEc and 36 points a game

Quote Originally Posted by Kysps2020 View Post
    Yep Chaney just to GA to top 15 offense and top two SEc and 36 points a game
    Hard not to with the croots Kirby has landed
    Donít drink and drive...
    you might slice a hook!

thought UGA was hiring Tosh from Bama and he was bringing Kugs as DL coach? we all know Kirby can only hire Saban scraps since he has no network of his own

RX Senior
    Sabin owns Kirby, just like urban owned TTUN coach...
    "I don't want to know the odds."..Luke Skywalker.

Quote Originally Posted by rolltide View Post
    thought UGA was hiring Tosh from Bama and he was bringing Kugs as DL coach? we all know Kirby can only hire Saban scraps since he has no network of his own
    Like most Bama fans.....i dont want Tosh at DC. Great recruiting guy, terrible DC.
    Donít drink and drive...
    you might slice a hook!

RX Member
    After watching them vs Clemson, I hear Kirby pulled the offer from Tosh.

Dude can recruit though.

RX Junior
    hilarious to see Ga fan not admit reality... Ga upped anti to 1.5 to keep chaney but chaney WANTED out.. all he did was raise Ga ppg to 36.. man he sucks.. He will do just fine at Tennessee
    Ga is SEC champs back to back and natl champs under chaney IF smart had a brain and didnt throw away SEC this year on genius fake punt and last year in championship game changing calls.. I hate GA but come one..
    Smart is trying to be SAban and act like him WITHOUT championships.. coaches dont want to work for an asshole that doesnt win championships
    be glad pittman stayed.. he wanted to leave but Tennessee didnt make the move for him and Pruitt get rid of his friend Friend at line coach or Ga would really be in trouble.

Not sure where you get your info, but that is far from what really went down. Chaneys contract was over. Kirby was taking some heat for Chaney. It's more of a just part ways. Chaney is a decent coach, but sucks play calling in big games. Look at his record while at GA. Pittman has said numerous times he will retire at UGA.

While I am not included in meetings at UGA, i do have some pretty good connections. You want find many UGA fans to blast Chaney, but nobody really cared when he left. Kirby is going after A+ recruiters and he expects them to focus 100% on that.

My connections claim that was the main reason he didnt land Enos as well. Apparently Enos didnt want to take another job where recruiting was such high pressure. Why he left Bama and didnt come to Athens.
    Donít drink and drive...
    you might slice a hook!

RX Junior
    It is not far from what went down.. I understand you THINK you know what happened but uga did Offer him 1.5 to stay. Kirby tried as hard as he could to keep him.. Its ok.. you can not live in reality.. you can think you know "insiders", I got it straight...... same with Tee Martin turning down offers from almost every SEC school including GA and Bama and coming to Tennessee.
    Tennessee has been at bottom for 12 years and finally spending money to try to get back to top..Now, a long way to go but..
    oh and by the way..... i am not thrilled with Chaney.. I dont think he is great.. but he was also hamstrung by Kirby in said tight situations and games.. bank on that... next OC will be to.. Chaney also knew at UT Pruitt is concentrating on D and giving him the O

Quote Originally Posted by Kysps2020 View Post
    It is not far from what went down.. I understand you THINK you know what happened but uga did Offer him 1.5 to stay. Kirby tried as hard as he could to keep him.. Its ok.. you can not live in reality.. you can think you know "insiders", I got it straight...... same with Tee Martin turning down offers from almost every SEC school including GA and Bama and coming to Tennessee.
    Tennessee has been at bottom for 12 years and finally spending money to try to get back to top..Now, a long way to go but..
    oh and by the way..... i am not thrilled with Chaney.. I dont think he is great.. but he was also hamstrung by Kirby in said tight situations and games.. bank on that... next OC will be to.. Chaney also knew at UT Pruitt is concentrating on D and giving him the O
    Are you Junk47?

You post the same BS.
    Donít drink and drive...
    you might slice a hook!

Had a funny conversation with a colleague this past week regarding Chaney and UT fans. When UGA hired him UT and Arky was ripping us on how shitty of a coach he was.

Arky still claims that, but in Vol eyes he is the greatest OC that has ever walked the earth. They look like past or present fools.....so which is it?
    Donít drink and drive...
    you might slice a hook!

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Albatross View Post
    Not sure where you get your info, but that is far from what really went down. Chaneys contract was over. Kirby was taking some heat for Chaney. It's more of a just part ways. Chaney is a decent coach, but sucks play calling in big games. Look at his record while at GA. Pittman has said numerous times he will retire at UGA.

While I am not included in meetings at UGA, i do have some pretty good connections. You want find many UGA fans to blast Chaney, but nobody really cared when he left. Kirby is going after A+ recruiters and he expects them to focus 100% on that.

My connections claim that was the main reason he didnt land Enos as well. Apparently Enos didnt want to take another job where recruiting was such high pressure. Why he left Bama and didnt come to Athens.
    Enos made it known while at Arkansas he didn't really like to recruit either.

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Albatross View Post
    Had a funny conversation with a colleague this past week regarding Chaney and UT fans. When UGA hired him UT and Arky was ripping us on how shitty of a coach he was.

Arky still claims that, but in Vol eyes he is the greatest OC that has ever walked the earth. They look like past or present fools.....so which is it?

Guy sucks. He can not scheme whatsoever. He can have talent, but he can not isolate that talent using scheme to get them open.

We had a WR who was one of our top guys, that when Enos came in immediately following Chaney, the WR publicly came out and said the route tree was insane how much more routes we had to know under Enos, and he said we are constantly being told this route will do this against this defense and that's why. Chaney had none of that built into his "magnificent" play book that so many want to give him credit for.

RX Junior
    maybe re read my post.. i put I am not thrilled with Chaney.. but I do know kirby tried to keep him. I am not convinced Chaney will do great at UT.. I think he will probably do better than the last OC but thats not saying a ton either.