Forum: OFFSHORE FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The internet's most popular and busiest sports betting forum. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: Does Brady finally retire IF he wins another Superbowl?

  1. #1 Does Brady finally retire IF he wins another Superbowl? 
    RX Local Dante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    71,614
    I still think the stubborn sob will play another year or 2 unless he has a fallout with the hoody
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    RX Local JustinCruise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    16,788
    He wont retire either way
    The little things, there's nothing bigger
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Que pasa? festeringZit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    36,438
    If he's still enjoying it, and is effective, why retire?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    RX Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    772
    I don't think he likes making commercials for Insurance companies like another QB. As much as I truly think he loves the game , Brady is one major hit away from possibly changing his mind about 2 more years..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    Posts
    63,361
    He says no, I'm taking him at his word
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter". "A rising tide raises all boats". "MAGA"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    RX SemiGod
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    13,209
    regardless of winning or losing I think he's coming back - he loves playing and he's still the best there is
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    I'm on the TRAIN Desert Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The House of Heat
    Posts
    2,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie99 View Post
    He says no, I'm taking him at his word
    Yup. This guy will probably play into his mid-40ís. He said it. I believe him.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    I'm on the TRAIN Desert Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The House of Heat
    Posts
    2,704
    Barring injury of course.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    RX SemiGod
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    13,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    regardless of winning or losing I think he's coming back - he loves playing and he's still the best there is
    The reports of his demise were all poppycock. Still playing at the same level he always has. Just a little smarter and wiser.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    I'm on the TRAIN Desert Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The House of Heat
    Posts
    2,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelangelo View Post
    The reports of his demise were all poppycock. Still playing at the same level he always has. Just a little smarter and wiser.
    He's not the same QB he was. He's 41. And he's had some struggles this season in stretches.

    Is he still one of the best QB's in the game at 41? Absolutely. But age catches up to everyone. Even Tommy.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #11  
    RX Local Dante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    71,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Devil View Post
    Barring injury of course.
    Yep .. and he may be more prone to it... Age
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #12  
    RX SemiGod
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    13,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Devil View Post
    He's not the same QB he was. He's 41. And he's had some struggles this season in stretches.

    Is he still one of the best QB's in the game at 41? Absolutely. But age catches up to everyone. Even Tommy.
    You and others have been saying this for much of this season. Some said it last season. Because someone has an imperfect game it is not evidence that they are in decline.

    Now I want you to point to anything in his game today that was evidence of his demise. It wasn't there. Because it isn't there. He is as good as ever.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #13  
    I'm on the TRAIN Desert Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The House of Heat
    Posts
    2,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelangelo View Post
    You and others have been saying this for much of this season. Some said it last season. Because someone has an imperfect game it is not evidence that they are in decline.

    Now I want you to point to anything in his game today that was evidence of his demise. It wasn't there. Because it isn't there. He is as good as ever.
    He's 41. He's defying age right now. No doubt.

    Look, it's not a knock on him. He's doing things now that nobody at his age has done at his position.

    And he had a great game today. Playing within the game plan and the system. He was almost perfect.

    But he's 41 bro. It ain't gonna last forever. And we saw stretches of him not playing well this season.

    It will end. Not if, but when. Maybe it's next week, maybe when he's 50. But it will end. ;-)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #14  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    marlton,nj
    Posts
    1,817
    Watching him today he looked at good as ever. Sure he had a lot of easy throws because SD couldn't touch him but still he delivers the ball with pinpoint accuracy. You know how hard it is to get back to conference championship after losing a Super Bowl. Other than the Pats who have now done it twice in the last 20 years it was the 49ers. Only the 1972 Dolphins have won a Super Bowl the year after losing a Super Bowl. Most teams aren't able to climb the mountain again after losing a Super Bowl the previous year. The Patriots don't look at that way. They expect to play in it every year and if they lose they just gear up and try again.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #15  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1
    I think he wont retire either way.




    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #16  
    RX Senior beefdiesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    1,213
    He plays either way, I’m thinking 3 more years
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #17  
    Super Moderator
    A Good Head & A Good Heart Are Always A Formidable Combination
    Hache Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    119,013
    No I don't think he retires
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #18  
    RX Senior BostonBettor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    in front of my computer screen
    Posts
    1,963
    He'll be back . . . on the other hand, Gronk should retire.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #19  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    4,121
    Why would he retire? He can still do what he loves at an extremely high level. It hasn't been done before but people take better care of themselves than they did before. I'm 42 and still play competitive basketball but my dad at 42 smoked and didn't stay in very good shape. He couldn't have played ball at 32 let alone 42. It's a different time, people care about their bodies much more than they did before. Have better health supplements, better information, etc.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #20  
    RX SemiGod
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Roll Tide
    Posts
    12,759
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue34 View Post
    Why would he retire? He can still do what he loves at an extremely high level. It hasn't been done before but people take better care of themselves than they did before. I'm 42 and still play competitive basketball but my dad at 42 smoked and didn't stay in very good shape. He couldn't have played ball at 32 let alone 42. It's a different time, people care about their bodies much more than they did before. Have better health supplements, better information, etc.
    +1

    Watch the draft, that will let us know what he's thinking per Mr. B.
    "A trophy carries dust. Memories last forever." Old Coach
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •