Forum: NFL Football Forum - Sponsored by: WagerWeb - get your 100% bonus here!
Post your picks or discuss anything related to betting NFL football here.

Thread: I can see it all now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rams by 7+

RX Local
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanatic View Post
    People have lost their mind over this game lol
    Just once I would like to see the Patriots on the wrong side of a phantom call or a call like the Saints received last week. The Pats started their dynasty with a BS call, " the tuck rule fiasco", & they've been getting those kind of calls ever since.

RX Local
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintsFan1977 View Post
    the NFL. Uses their officials to manipulate the game for TV ratings. The gambling outcome is lagniappe and nothing anyone can say will change my mind. With the technology the NFL uses there should never be a blown call or non call of that magnitude. Those officials were directed by the league to not call PI and they preach player safety. The league is bullshit. Always has been.
    100% correct.......

RX Junior
    The INT in overtime.
    Brees arm was hit.
    But the ball was not touched.
    Pop fly, DB hammered the Saints WR (as usual) with the ball in the air, fell back and caught it himself.
    Wasn't that pass interference?

RX Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    The INT in overtime.
    Brees arm was hit.
    But the ball was not touched.
    Pop fly, DB hammered the Saints WR (as usual) with the ball in the air, fell back and caught it himself.
    Wasn't that pass interference?
    One notch short of "manslaughter" ? ...............That hit by the defender was brutal, the receivers underbelly was completely exposed......ouch.

Wasn’t there a missed face mask/roughing passer call on that INT?

RX Junior
    I am asking, when I saw the DB & receiver it was PI to me, then it was said the ball was tipped, to it is OK to smash into the WR.

Then I think the slow mo showed the ball was not tipped and that was it... no more discussion.

Is the rule that if the arm is hit there is no PI?

Is that the rule?

I think I missed something I am asking... (someone please respond except Wizard and L2K, nothing please)

Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    I am asking, when I saw the DB & receiver it was PI to me, then it was said the ball was tipped, to it is OK to smash into the WR.

Then I think the slow mo showed the ball was not tipped and that was it... no more discussion.

Is the rule that if the arm is hit there is no PI?

Is that the rule?

I think I missed something I am asking... (someone please respond except Wizard and L2K, nothing please)
    Im not sure on the ruling that you can smash a defenseless WR on a tipped ball. Either way the replay should have been used to make a decision.

In reality, There really only needs to be 1 official on the field. He has a headset and the booth, NY, or whatever can have multiple guys watching everything. They have cameras everywhere on the field. They can relay to the guy on the field the correct call every time, but they don't use the technology. Why?

I think it's because they want certain outcomes.

9. #34 What you smoking ??? 
    RX Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wizard1183 View Post
    Rams by 7+
    Man , ... so the Pats have AGED , ... and they were not supposed to win the Divisional playoffs , ... and not supposed to win the Conference playoffs , ... now you're telling me that the Rams will win by 7+ points ??? what you smoking ? - perhaps this game goes into overtime and the Pats win by 6 , ... the same way they won the Conference game over KC. Maybe I should put $50 on the Superbowl to go into overtime, eh ???

If the arm is hit or if the ball is tipped you can smash the reciever, as long as it's within the rules (helmet to helmet...defenseless receiver etc. Is a penalty obviously)

RX Member
    the NFL. Uses their officials to manipulate the game for TV ratings. The gambling outcome is lagniappe and nothing anyone can say will change my mind. With the technology the NFL uses there should never be a blown call or non call of that magnitude. Those officials were directed by the league to not call PI and they preach player safety. The league is bullshit. Always has been.
    youre getting warmer))))))

Quote Originally Posted by thinwhiteduke View Post
    youre getting warmer))))))
    I don't have inside knowledge of the inner workings but I've watched NFL football since I was just out of diapers and not just Saints games. It's 100% tainted.

I see people claiming the refs are human, coincidence, and the speed of the game as excuses, but coincidences don't happen as often as they do in the NFL. When you see the same things happen over and over, it's not a coincidence anymore.

If you know more, I'm definitely all ears to hear it. You wont be getting a debate from me.

RX Member
    I don't have inside knowledge of the inner workings but I've watched NFL football since I was just out of diapers and not just Saints games. It's 100% tainted.

I see people claiming the refs are human, coincidence, and the speed of the game as excuses, but coincidences don't happen as often as they do in the NFL. When you see the same things happen over and over, it's not a coincidence anymore.

If you know more, I'm definitely all ears to hear it. You wont be getting a debate from me.
    you're right. at some point the wisdom sinks in. I could throw out detail after detail and someone just screams coincidence.
    theres no such thing as coincidence in the first place. Military intelligence teaches that the first week to recruits.
    the nfl and all leagues now know, theyve dumbed down society so much, that they can have a guy hit a guy in the head, live , to a high tech mass audience..but plead ignorance like a 5 year old that looked the other way. And people buy it like dumb dogs. Assuming authority would never f them over.
    as of 4 years ago, I know to watch pro sports the same way others watch wrestling and movies. Its a show, not a competition.

Quote Originally Posted by thinwhiteduke View Post
    you're right. at some point the wisdom sinks in. I could throw out detail after detail and someone just screams coincidence.
    theres no such thing as coincidence in the first place. Military intelligence teaches that the first week to recruits.
    the nfl and all leagues now know, theyve dumbed down society so much, that they can have a guy hit a guy in the head, live , to a high tech mass audience..but plead ignorance like a 5 year old that looked the other way. And people buy it like dumb dogs. Assuming authority would never f them over.
    as of 4 years ago, I know to watch pro sports the same way others watch wrestling and movies. Its a show, not a competition.
    Agreed. Especially that last sentence.