Forum: Hockey Forum - Sponsored by: bet365.com
Post your picks and discuss anything related to betting hockey here.

Thread: Blues

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    RX Junior
    A 4-0 W on the road, the Blues look to be for real, Arizona is missing some players but had just won @ LV and against Dallas, so a dominant shutout win on the road is a legit indication.

The Blues clearly outplayed the Coyotes in most every phase of the game.

I think it will be wise to play them the next several games even though most are on the road... but I think they have a back to back situation and Allen will probably be in goal and that is risky so that one is TBD.

I like wildcard-motivated hungry teams, especially at home, so tonight Minny -1.5 versus a weary reeling NJ team is a big opportunity, and Buffalo & Carolina both, in regulation -1/2, are smaller moves for me.

GL!

RX Junior
    I put a little on the Blues today -115, though Colorado will be playing all out.

Blues still need a win, were impressive again in AZ, so I will ride them again.

I cannot see going with them back to back on the road tomorrow in Minnesota, though, Minny has a day of rest and will be angry about their collapse last night (up 4-1, lost 5-4 in OT WTF?). Blues will be tired and probably have Allen in goal, so I will pass tomorrow.

bol bro w/blues tonite

Dice, Sports & Cocktails powerz's Avatar
    looks like Allen today and that line looks low - I am laying off the blues today - which is good news for you serbone they probably win again!

Haha gl

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by powerz View Post
    looks like Allen today and that line looks low - I am laying off the blues today - which is good news for you serbone they probably win again!

Haha gl
    Well, they smothered Colorado 3-0, two shutout road wins in a row vs legitimate playoff contenders. The Blues continue to play solid all around hockey.
    I did not know about Allen starting, I was out and about today, had assumed Binnington would start, but fortunately Allen played well.
    Tomorrow, with Binnington, now, I might go with the Blues again even in the back to back road situation against a better rested team. Minny coming off a loss, wondering what happened to them, they blew a 4-1 lead to a bad team, lost 5-4 last night.

"Go crazy folks...Go crazy!!"...R.I.P. JB Chong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    Well, they smothered Colorado 3-0, two shutout road wins in a row vs legitimate playoff contenders. The Blues continue to play solid all around hockey.
    I did not know about Allen starting, I was out and about today, had assumed Binnington would start, but fortunately Allen played well.
    Tomorrow, with Binnington, now, I might go with the Blues again even in the back to back road situation against a better rested team. Minny coming off a loss, wondering what happened to them, they blew a 4-1 lead to a bad team, lost 5-4 last night.
    Allen played extremely well today. Was waiting for the wheels to fall off, but shame on me for being such a pessimist. 9 in a row!!

I wouldn't bet against them until they lose. That's if they do lose another game. The way they are playing they may run the table!

RX Senior
    IMO anyone who has been riding this streak with Serbone should keep on it regardless of who they are playing or whatever. No point in fading the streak now or stopping since you have a guaranteed profit even if you lose today. GL

my clock is stuck on 420 time to hit this bong brendanjack's Avatar
    Great run

RX Member
    Here's a way to play the Minnesota / St. Louis game today. Minnesota is likely seething after allowing the Devils to beat them in overtime at home the other night. They've had a couple of days to simmer on that loss where New Jersey scored the final 3 goals in the game. Look for them to come out smoking this afternoon versus a team who played yesterday and had to travel from Colorado to Minnesota last night. I like the Wild to win the first period (-1/2 goal +175). The Blues are the better and hotter team and may wear down the Wild over the rest of the game. But I'll take my chances at nice odds that Minnesota gets an early jump in this game.

RX Junior
    Yes I have been on them every game, even after my initial 5 game initiative, riding them till they lose 2 in a row.

But I am cautious in recommending them at this point because 1) Vegas/juice has caught up with them and, 2) today, they are playing back to back road games against a better rested, solid playoff contender coming off a bad loss... worried the Blues will falter in the 3rd.

Nevertheless, they are hot, so today I am going with them, ML +100, even though it is a tough spot... Binnington is scheduled to be back in goal.

GL!

This team is Solid! Even tough the Wild are not that good of a NHL team, the Blues still took this game seriously and have taken control early. These Blues look strong.

RX Senior
    19-3 run score in their past 4 with 27 minutes left in this game.

RX Junior
    FYI.

They seem to finally have their shit together, attitude is solid, they apparently believe they can make the playoffs and are going all out after the break.

I am hearing good things about them that does not sound like "just" the usual positive narrative BS.

They totally outplayed Columbus on the road the other night, IMO enough to have won by 3-4 goals. Got the loose pucks, forechecked relentlessly, far out shot them significantly, hit hard, word is they have jelled and see opportunity. Earlier in the year they were a clustershtook.

Especially when Binnington is in goal, I am going with them next 5 games or so, expect to do well.

GL!
    (Feb 4, two weeks ago)

Yesterday, 4-0, another impressive win, a back to back road game against a better rested, playoff caliber team... and Minny was coming off an embarrassing loss and was on high alert, needed the win.

The Blues are for real.

Solid.

Mostly the same players, but a different team, a different system, a different attitude. It is not just Binnington, nope, the whole team attacks on offense, prevents odd man rushes on defense that helps keep pressure off the goalie... Allen had a road shutout in Colorado Saturday. They backcheck, forecheck, get the loose pucks, sometimes look like they are on a power play when they are not...

Tarasenko is being allowed to be himself (shoot!), and O'Reilly, others are all playing well.

Not sure how far they will go, but I will ride them until they lose two in a row, and then be selective.

GL!

My blues are hot!! Been riding them as well. Continued sucess Serborne

RX Senior
    Hall of fame thread going here.9-0 if you have followed since the beginning

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by exploited17 View Post
    Hall of fame thread going here.9-0 if you have followed since the beginning
    Yep, they did it again, a rare home game, but against a quality club that was coming off a loss.

The two Toronto goals were tainted, first was deflected in by Blues defenseman, 2nd one off a Toronto skate, but I was grateful for the OT win.

After my 5 game pledge, again, I am on the Blues, blind, until they lose 2 in a row...

St. Louisans are commonly saying that they cannot believe their eyes, mostly the same players, but look incredibly better, much faster, tougher... every pass is on a stick, etc, etc. They were last in the entire NHL just a bit ago.

GL!

Your Bookies Worest Enemy XSPower's Avatar
    NFL 28-18 61% . MLB 22-9 71% . NHL 20-13 61%

RX Junior
    Also as I have stated, former coach Yeo played all speed finesse type game, somewhat wasting the Blues big, strong defensemen's strength, and last night you could see how Berube is using them as physical players to protect the goalie, though yes, their speed comes in handy.

Binnington* in goal made some great saves last night, I have not given him enough credit, he has been outstanding in this run.

Toronto was in about the same place as the Blues in their playoff positioning, were coming off a loss, they were not taken by surprise, they came in alerted to the challenge, they came in to win.

(*Winnington, fans are calling him )

RX Junior
    Took Blues -130 for tonight, they can not possibly keep this going but I will ride them till they lose 2 in a row. WTF.

Also like the NY Rangers, -115, plus a small regulation -1/2, and also a small -1.5. Minny is a wreck, on the road, I think they will collapse, again, though they are pros, fighting for million dollar salaries, this might be the game the fight hard, finally. Rangers need it, too, though, at home!

GL!

RX Junior
    FYI.

They seem to finally have their shit together, attitude is solid, they apparently believe they can make the playoffs and are going all out after the break.

I am hearing good things about them that does not sound like "just" the usual positive narrative BS.

They totally outplayed Columbus on the road the other night, IMO enough to have won by 3-4 goals. Got the loose pucks, forechecked relentlessly, far out shot them significantly, hit hard, word is they have jelled and see opportunity. Earlier in the year they were a clustershtook.

Especially when Binnington is in goal, I am going with them next 5 games or so, expect to do well.

GL!
    11-2 since I mentioned this... and 8 of the games were on the road.

Still haven't lost two in a row, I have been riding them every game till they lose 2 in a row. Unfortunately, I have just been wagering "small or regular" sized bets.

Tonight on the road, again, +115, Allen is in goal, he seems to play well on the road. Steen is back, Columbus is hungry for a win they are on the playoff bubble, so I went small on the Note.

GL!

RX Junior
    Blues are a quality club and get another few days off (for a change) before game at home vs. Arizona tomorrow night.

However, Tarasenko will be out, 10 days at least, he is the catalyst for the offense and irreplaceable, one of the top scoring forwards in the NHL though streaky (moody?). Losing him changes everything. Peron has been out for months and then Schenn was out several games (after the Blues winning streak) and the offense clearly suffered. Now, Schenn has been back for a few games and they started scoring again. Til this...

With Tarasenko out, the Blues will have trouble, again, so I would stay away from them for awhile. I would not go against them, though, for awhile except against top opponents, unless they look very bad for a game or two.

The injury is "upper body", reportedly an elbow, so at least he can skate to keep in shape in the meantime.

GL!

RX Junior
    Wow.
    This hockey forum is dead.
    Nothing happening.

RX Junior
    FYI.

GL!

Well they were 24-22-5 when I posted this, finished *45-28-9. Not bad. New coach implemented traditional physical style, abandoned Yeo's Euro type finesse, led the team with understanding (Yeo was a nit picking pain in the ass) but was a strong leader to be feared if the circumstances warranted it. And Binnington ("Winnington") in goal has led the league. They are a tad offensively challenged but withstood some key injuries to key forwards Perron, Tarasenko, and Schenn.

Playoffs? It's always more physical in the playoffs, and remember The Blues were not built to be a top physical team, and now things change. Can they beat Winnipeg? Yes. Do I recommend them for the series? No. First game? No. Winnipeg is one of the most difficult places to play. I think I will look at the first game, maybe put something small on the Blues, since they are so hot though no longer underrated... the series and first game are both pretty much a pick em.
    If I look at anything differently, I will let you know.
    GL!

*Large Dumb Marge, put that in your pipe and smoke it

RX Junior
    Talked to some people, I was very worried about the physical play in the playoffs, hard to say but in the West SJ is the most physical, then Vegas, Nashville, then Winnipeg, so the Blues with their new coach's tougher style should be OK in this spot in this category, Blues defensemen are good and tough though not playoff level intimidating.
    AND of the few losses that the Blues suffered in their strong finish since I drew them to your attention on Feb 4th, 6 were with Allen in goal.
    Binnington will be the man for the playoffs.
    SO I am now recommending the Blues tomorrow night, I just played them @ +105.
    Winnipeg is one of the most hostile environments in the NHL, (home ice advantage in the playoffs generally speaking is not that overwhelming these days). Winnipeg came out early in the year with a roar, then slipped... will they come back to earlier form or do they have some weaknesses?
    We shall see.
    GL!