Forum: Hockey Forum - Sponsored by: bet365.com
Post your picks and discuss anything related to betting hockey here.

Thread: Blues

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    RX Junior
    My work is done here.
    I had some good info on them that proved to be right, as I have explained several times, and have ridden the Blues since Feb 4, did not take them with Allen except one game, and also did not take them in back to back games...and it paid off.
    I have The Blues ML and regulation tonight. It is not a BIG bet, just that I believe they are better, they are still underrated, but sure, it is hockey, Boston is good, Boston can win.
    GL!

most goals in the NHL:

• off rebounds
    • goalie screened
    • from unintended deflections off a defensive player (both Blues goals in 2-1 win over Sharks btw)
    • off bad bounces off ice late in a period especially in JUNE when the ice has problems
    • off power plays (only sport where you take a player off the field?)
    • off intentional deflections from offensive player (that's ok actually)

Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    It is a media myth, a narrative only, for the normie fans.
    These are pros making millions.
    There is no pressure related to the Stanley Cup that they haven't experienced thus far (and IMO that is insignificant), hell, they are playing hockey against a team they have played 6 times already.
    Funniest was the media saying over and over and over that Chara playing (2 games ago when he was injured) would give Boston inspiration, an emotional lift! That is funny, what, were they going to loaf in the middle of the Stanley Cup Finals, but, now, with Chara, they would be pumped up? (and, they lost)
    Binnington has been playing for his career since mid January, talk about pressure? He was still in the minors in December, on loan, and is 25 years old, finally got a chance. THAT is pressure.
    Two elements affect a team's ability to win playoff games: head coach postseason experience and team chemistry.
    Postseason player experience increase a team's ability to reach the playoffs but doesn't increase its ability to win playoff games.

Bruins win this game. That’s a guarantee

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by skins85 View Post
    since he started this thread the blues went on a 23-10-4 run to close out the season and have made a run to game 7 of the stanley cup finals (maybe win the whole thing). he started this thread and the ran off 9 straight wins immediately after. at the all star break they blues had 36 points and were 9 points out of a wild card spot in the playoffs and second to last in the western conference. give credit where it is due, this has been an amazing run for the blues and one of the more profitable threads on the Rx that i can remember.
    I also warned posters to stay off The Blues on back to back games with travel and / or when Allen started in goal so I avoided several of those losses. However, I went with Allen one game anyway because I liked the situation but I cannot remember if I posted that probably didn’t.

And you also advised against taking them over the Jets in the first round. No offense but you’ve waffled plenty in this thread

He’s not a Psychic he’s a Blues Fan and it’s always good to get someone’s perspective that has watched them all year, even if it has a Shade of Blue. I for one appreciate the insights. Great Season....

Bruins in deep shit here

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by LargeMarge View Post
    Nice call

Quote Originally Posted by LargeMarge View Post

Serbone, thanks for ALL of your insight on the Blues and congrats! You called it perfectly. Gotta love threads like this that end up with a happy story/results.

Thanks serbone!!!