Forum: The Rubber Room - Serious disease and death wishes =automatic ban. No blatant socially taboo racist insults, no obscenely gross pics and ABSOLUTELY NO HARDCORE PORNOGRAPHY.

Thread: UnderSiege Picks

  1. #1901  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Palo Alto
    Posts
    4,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Keef View Post
    So how is it you lose 5 units in baseball but you gain half a percent "ROI"?
    I use the term ROI interchangeably with profit margin. Some people use it as a measure of fluctuation in bankroll, but I find this to be a flawed concept because you aren't necessarily investing money that is sitting in your bankroll. I calculate ROI only on what has been wagered.


    If you go 0-1 on your first day and lost 1.1 units, you have an ROI/PM of -100% and are -1.1 units

    If you go 1-1 on your second day and lost 0.1 units, you have an ROI/PM of -36.4% and are -1.2 units

    So your ROI/PM can go up even if you lost units overall in the same day.... just as you can gain units and lose ROI/PM in the same day.
    Go Patriots
     

  2. #1902  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Palo Alto
    Posts
    4,933
    That phenomenon can happen when you have either been so good or so bad over a stretch. In my case, I have been so dreadful recently that a day where I invest a good amount and only lose a little bit can actually make my PM nicer overall -- which is what happened yesterday.

    Again, I use ROI interchangeably with PM
    Go Patriots
     

  3. #1903  
    RX Junior LargeMarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    US
    Posts
    713
    Ok so quick question you were down close to 65 units in baseball, with a -15% roi. What’s that mean to you? Break it down Siege
     

  4. #1904  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by StanfordSam View Post
    That phenomenon can happen when you have either been so good or so bad over a stretch. In my case, I have been so dreadful recently that a day where I invest a good amount and only lose a little bit can actually make my PM nicer overall -- which is what happened yesterday.

    Again, I use ROI interchangeably with PM

    So if I understand your made up terms, if you start with $1,000, that being your whole net worth, and you bet $1,000 (even) and win the first day, lose the next, win the next, lose the next etc. for a year, everyday but lose your last two days of betting consecutive, you now have a loss of $1,000 (entire net worth), but invested $365,000 for a -.27% "ROI".

    Lost 100% but the ROI is about a quarter percent negative. That is just stupid. Where the hell did you come up with this?
     

  5. #1905  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Palo Alto
    Posts
    4,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Keef View Post
    So if I understand your made up terms, if you start with $1,000, that being your whole net worth, and you bet $1,000 (even) and win the first day, lose the next, win the next, lose the next etc. for a year, everyday but lose your last two days of betting consecutive, you now have a loss of $1,000 (entire net worth), but invested $365,000 for a -.27% "ROI".

    Lost 100% but the ROI is about a quarter percent negative. That is just stupid. Where the hell did you come up with this?
    No, you're not interpreting that correctly. You've lost 100% of what you've invested so far if you are 0-1, not 100% of your "bankroll".

    Even if you have a bankroll of $1 million, you have only invested $1,000 -- so that is all that is figured into ROI/PM.

    Bankroll has nothing to do with the calculation.
    Go Patriots
     

  6. #1906  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Palo Alto
    Posts
    4,933
    -15% in PM would mean that you've lost 15 cents per dollar you've wagered/invested
    Go Patriots
     

  7. #1907  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by StanfordSam View Post
    No, you're not interpreting that correctly. You've lost 100% of what you've invested so far if you are 0-1, not 100% of your "bankroll".

    Even if you have a bankroll of $1 million, you have only invested $1,000 -- so that is all that is figured into ROI/PM.

    Bankroll has nothing to do with the calculation.
    You did not understand.

    Read it again.
     

  8. #1908  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Palo Alto
    Posts
    4,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Keef View Post
    You did not understand.

    Read it again.
    How would you be losing 100% if you invested $365,000 but only had a profit of -$1,000?

    Im saying you only count what’s been wagered, not what’s in your bankroll.

    In my above example, -36.4% ROI comes from losing 1.2 units after wagering 3.3 units total.

    -1.2/3.3 = .3636
    Go Patriots
     

  9. #1909  
    RX Junior LargeMarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    US
    Posts
    713
    But you never state what you’re wagering. You only state units. So your ROI figure is meaningless
     

  10. #1910  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Palo Alto
    Posts
    4,933
    Quote Originally Posted by LargeMarge View Post
    But you never state what you’re wagering. You only state units. So your ROI figure is meaningless
    Why would unit size matter in ROI/profit margin calculation? How would the percent calculation be different if it were $1 units vs $1000 units?
    Go Patriots
     

  11. #1911  
    RX Junior LargeMarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    US
    Posts
    713
    Correct, it doesn’t. But you don’t state what you’re wagering. That remains my point
     

  12. #1912  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Palo Alto
    Posts
    4,933
    Quote Originally Posted by LargeMarge View Post
    Correct, it doesn’t. But you don’t state what you’re wagering. That remains my point

    .....is this going somewhere? What are you trying to argue?
    Go Patriots
     

  13. #1913  
    RX Junior LargeMarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    US
    Posts
    713
    I just want to understand the figures you are throwing out for your followers. Obviously you spend so much time tracking it yourself. So what $$$ unit sizes are you using?
     

  14. #1914  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by StanfordSam View Post
    How would you be losing 100% if you invested $365,000 but only had a profit of -$1,000?

    Im saying you only count whatís been wagered, not whatís in your bankroll.

    In my above example, -36.4% ROI comes from losing 1.2 units after wagering 3.3 units total.

    -1.2/3.3 = .3636

    Because $1,000 was all you had in this example. You want to claim that "Action" is investment.

    You can't invest what you don't have.

    If you only have $1,000, win game 1 for $1,000 (even), you now have $2,000.

    Game 2 you lose $1,000 (even), you now have your original $1,000.

    Game 3 you lose $1,000 (even), you now have $0.


    You are going to say that you invested $3,000, lost $1,000 for an "ROI" of -33.3%.......Right?
     

  15. #1915  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Palo Alto
    Posts
    4,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Keef View Post
    Because $1,000 was all you had in this example. You want to claim that "Action" is investment.

    You can't invest what you don't have.

    If you only have $1,000, win game 1 for $1,000 (even), you now have $2,000.

    Game 2 you lose $1,000 (even), you now have your original $1,000.

    Game 3 you lose $1,000 (even), you now have $0.


    You are going to say that you invested $3,000, lost $1,000 for an "ROI" of -33.3%.......Right?
    Why was $1000 all I had? I understand your trolling tendency, but I don’t get how you don’t understand this.

    PM = profit or loss divided by total wagered/invested

    Not very complicated
    Go Patriots
     

  16. #1916  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    1,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Keef View Post
    Because $1,000 was all you had in this example. You want to claim that "Action" is investment.

    You can't invest what you don't have.

    If you only have $1,000, win game 1 for $1,000 (even), you now have $2,000.

    Game 2 you lose $1,000 (even), you now have your original $1,000.

    Game 3 you lose $1,000 (even), you now have $0.


    You are going to say that you invested $3,000, lost $1,000 for an "ROI" of -33.3%.......Right?

    I am sure he did that for that exact reason. Most if not all have a bankroll. Not only did he not mention the unit size, he never stayed the starting bankroll. That way, he could chase with whatever he likes and hope for the best, thus "unlimited" fund.
     

  17. #1917  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Palo Alto
    Posts
    4,933
    Problem with that is I clearly stated and tracked starting bankroll and kept track of bankroll throughout in the pick tracker forum. I don’t get what the squabble is about, and unit size is irrelevant
    Go Patriots
     

  18. #1918  
    RX Junior LargeMarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    US
    Posts
    713
    Pusssssssy
     

  19. #1919  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by StanfordSam View Post
    Why was $1000 all I had? I understand your trolling tendency, but I donít get how you donít understand this.

    PM = profit or loss divided by total wagered/invested

    Not very complicated

    I mentioned the $1,000 was an example. Could be any number.

    I was trying to understand how you can lose money but improve ROI.

    I now understand that you have no clue of the terminology you use.


    As far as trolling, I'm just pointing out what a idiot you are:


    Down 19 units= -14.4% ROI

    Down 40 units= -14.4% ROI


    That's some funny shit right there.
     

  20. #1920  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    1,653
    51-82
    -62.55 units
    -15.04% RoI



    Worse than EVEN: 19-21
    EVEN to +200: 31-51
    Better than +200: 1-10

    4/15

    Phillies -1.5 (+190) -- risking 5 units
    Phillies ML (-110) -- risking 5.5 units
    Royals ML (+110) -- risking 5 units
    Royals -1.5 (+180) -- risking 5 units
    Dodgers -1.5 (+130) -- risking 5 units


    Good luck!

    SS

    Looks like a clean sweep today, -25.5 units in a single day. Jeesh. This is what a progressive system will eventually get you every single time, just a matter of time.
     

  21. #1921  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Fountain Valey,Ca
    Posts
    5,798
    Quote Originally Posted by largemarge View Post
    suck my dick baron
    large marge your called out . It does not count if you dont post. No mention of bet. Game over you won large. Another liar in this thread. God any you tell truth in here about your bets.
     

  22. #1922  
    RX Local Acebb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    20,510
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodStool View Post


    Looks like a clean sweep today, -25.5 units in a single day. Jeesh. This is what a progressive system will eventually get you every single time, just a matter of time.
    Yeah, but his "ROI" is only -20% so this isn't that bad!!!!

    PS: The fact that he lost on the biggest comeback on NBA playoff history is fucking hysterical. Of course all we need here is some NBA player props to get out of this hole!
     

  23. #1923  
    RX Local Acebb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    20,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Keef View Post
    I mentioned the $1,000 was an example. Could be any number.

    I was trying to understand how you can lose money but improve ROI.

    I now understand that you have no clue of the terminology you use.


    As far as trolling, I'm just pointing out what a idiot you are:


    Down 19 units= -14.4% ROI

    Down 40 units= -14.4% ROI


    That's some funny shit right there.
    When you remember that his goal is to get people to pay him for his picks, it all makes sense.
     

  24. #1924  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    1,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Acebb View Post
    When you remember that his goal is to get people to pay him for his picks, it all makes sense.
    What?? The guy is trying to sell his picks??
     

  25. #1925  
    Banned Mobdeeper7239's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    19,743
    Quote Originally Posted by acebb View Post
    when you remember that his goal is to get people to pay him for his picks, it all makes sense.


    100000000% fact
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •