Forum: College Basketball Forum - Post your picks and discuss anything related to betting College Hoops here.

Thread: So you mean I get to take the best team in this tournament on Monday night

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #26  
    "Calling All The Shots" TheShotDoctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    10,800
    Quote Originally Posted by StanfordSam View Post
    Texas Tech should be favored by 3-5. They’re better and hotter. Virginia Tech is lucky to be here


    Anything can happen in college basketball, but no question TT is the better team right now.
    VA TECH Is Not Here
    "Calling All The Shots!"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #27  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    rockchester
    Posts
    2,668
    Quote Originally Posted by StanfordSam View Post
    Texas Tech should be favored by 3-5. They’re better and hotter. Virginia Tech is lucky to be here


    Anything can happen in college basketball, but no question TT is the better team right now.
    not that lucky...since they're not here
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #28  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobdeeper7239 View Post
    Carson Edwards could shoot a beach volleyball through the basket that night.
    A beach volleyball is smaller than a basketball
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #29  
    RX Local Mobdeeper7239's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    21,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheddar View Post
    A beach volleyball is smaller than a basketball

    Yeah realized that after I wrote it, but you know what I mean. A fucking beach ball.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #30  
    RX Local Mobdeeper7239's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    21,381
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShotDoctor View Post
    VA TECH Is Not Here

    Lmfao. Now this is worse.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #31  
    RX Junior Loves2kickass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Reno, Nv
    Posts
    2,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Peters View Post
    Didn’t you also have Auburn losing by double digits to UK???

    How can you say Virginia is overrated? They lost only 3 games (twice to Duke and to FSU in the conference tourney). Their SOS is the same as TT, Virginia is rated higher than TT in the Sagrin Rating, Virginia is #1 on KenPom through Saturdays games. Yes TT is a solid team but I think the Cavs are being undervalued by their close calls in winning games. Eye test and public preception is in TT’s favour right now. It would not surprise me if TT won, but very surprised at how so many are already not giving Virginia any chance tomorrow night. Should be a great game.
    I saw a post that he said if Auburn gets behind by double digits they would fold. Well, Auburn was behind by double digits almost the entire first half and not only did they not fold, they beat Kentucky. Saying Virginia is over rated is a amature comment at best. Whether they have covered the spreads or not lately really has nothing to do with this matchup tonight. The spread is 1. I wouldn't take much stock in his comments Russell.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #32  
    RX Junior Loves2kickass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Reno, Nv
    Posts
    2,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    Yes I had KY, I haven't won every tourney game, have you? I saw NBA bound Washington back for KY, and NBA bound Okeke out for Auburn, figured the KY bigs would dominate inside, and had seen KY guards on "D" minimize Wofford's 3 pt shooters. Auburn bigs compensated, KY did not execute, IMO poor coaching, too, by Calapari.

    Yes, VA is overrated, the whole ACC was this tourney (last year they did well), especially the favorites, especially the three #1 seeds... how did they do ATS (look it up, please, it matters)? VA is solid but luckiest team on the planet to beat Purdue and Auburn, both in the final seconds on crazy plays. By the way, Brown had the flu and had to sit out here and there and that hurt Auburn though he got back in late and hit some big 3's.

    Again, teams in the tourney, look for those that keep pounding the spread against those that keep losing or barely squeeking by. And also look for conference ATS... by the way the Big 12 is top notch hoops, for years, this yr KU had injuries, so did K State or they would be in the fray. There are other things to look at, of course, and yes VA -1.5 is now a small spread for VA to cover. But TT (if Owens is OK) should win SU by 7-10.

    GL!

    GL!
    I'll take Virginia +7 to +10. Is PP ok for payment? Lol
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #33  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    4,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Loves2kickass View Post
    I saw a post that he said if Auburn gets behind by double digits they would fold. Well, Auburn was behind by double digits almost the entire first half and not only did they not fold, they beat Kentucky. Saying Virginia is over rated is a amature comment at best. Whether they have covered the spreads or not lately really has nothing to do with this matchup tonight. The spread is 1. I wouldn't take much stock in his comments Russell.
    Wrong again. I did not think much of KY but with NBA-Washington back, and Auburn's NBA-Okeke was out, I thought KY would prevail, but the Auburn back up bigs played well. Calapari was out coached, big time.

    It is basketball. Pounding the pointspread matters. I had Auburn +5 vs 'lil Virginia.

    TT has dominated ATS it's last 9 games but especially in the Big Dance.

    VA has not, EVERYBODY knows they have been disappointing, lucky, overrated.

    In football a team wins by 21 but one TD was a punt return and one they got a fumble on the 5 yd line and then ran it in after a few plays. In hoops it is 1-2-3 points at a time, on "O" and "D", so it is much more indicative of performance (this is for the tourney, when they are always playing full tilt, no let downs).

    ACC has sucked. Big favorites, #1 seeds, NC, Duke, VA have been overrated, did not cover. It matters.

    Tech has pounded the best team in the Big 10 Mich St, #1 seed Gonzaga, a very good Michigan team, and Buffalo. ATS they slaughtered 'em.

    With Tariq Owens a question mark, thought, I am going to wait to see how he looks, if he is himself, going up to block shots, I will go with TT "in game", BIG.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #34  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Regal Beagle
    Posts
    8,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    Wrong again. I did not think much of KY but with NBA-Washington back, and Auburn's NBA-Okeke was out, I thought KY would prevail, but the Auburn back up bigs played well. Calapari was out coached, big time.

    It is basketball. Pounding the pointspread matters. I had Auburn +5 vs 'lil Virginia.

    TT has dominated ATS it's last 9 games but especially in the Big Dance.

    VA has not, EVERYBODY knows they have been disappointing, lucky, overrated.

    In football a team wins by 21 but one TD was a punt return and one they got a fumble on the 5 yd line and then ran it in after a few plays. In hoops it is 1-2-3 points at a time, on "O" and "D", so it is much more indicative of performance (this is for the tourney, when they are always playing full tilt, no let downs).

    ACC has sucked. Big favorites, #1 seeds, NC, Duke, VA have been overrated, did not cover. It matters.

    Tech has pounded the best team in the Big 10 Mich St, #1 seed Gonzaga, a very good Michigan team, and Buffalo. ATS they slaughtered 'em.

    With Tariq Owens a question mark, thought, I am going to wait to see how he looks, if he is himself, going up to block shots, I will go with TT "in game", BIG.
    TT covering or dominating ATS while Virginia being lucky and winning and not covering ATS has no bearing on tonight’s game. I honestly think you are undermining Virginia’s prowess here, as good as TT’s defense has played the Cavs statistically are still better. This Virgina team beat a hot Oregon team, another hot team in Purdue and another hot team in Auburn. But because they were lucky to win and didn’t cover the spread in 2 of those 3 wins people are hating on them. TT looks more appealing, winning convincingly and looking good as a dog. IMO public loves TT right now while they frown on the Cavs. I think Virginia is 2 to 3 points better than TT on a neutral court. Good luck on TT!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #35  
    RX Local MattyMatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    15,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Peters View Post
    TT covering or dominating ATS while Virginia being lucky and winning and not covering ATS has no bearing on tonight’s game. I honestly think you are undermining Virginia’s prowess here, as good as TT’s defense has played the Cavs statistically are still better. This Virgina team beat a hot Oregon team, another hot team in Purdue and another hot team in Auburn. But because they were lucky to win and didn’t cover the spread in 2 of those 3 wins people are hating on them. TT looks more appealing, winning convincingly and looking good as a dog. IMO public loves TT right now while they frown on the Cavs. I think Virginia is 2 to 3 points better than TT on a neutral court. Good luck on TT!!
    Pretty much this...

    I have no idea who wins tonight. Should be a great game...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #36  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Palo Alto
    Posts
    4,938
    Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    Wrong again. I did not think much of KY but with NBA-Washington back, and Auburn's NBA-Okeke was out, I thought KY would prevail, but the Auburn back up bigs played well. Calapari was out coached, big time.

    It is basketball. Pounding the pointspread matters. I had Auburn +5 vs 'lil Virginia.

    TT has dominated ATS it's last 9 games but especially in the Big Dance.

    VA has not, EVERYBODY knows they have been disappointing, lucky, overrated.

    In football a team wins by 21 but one TD was a punt return and one they got a fumble on the 5 yd line and then ran it in after a few plays. In hoops it is 1-2-3 points at a time, on "O" and "D", so it is much more indicative of performance (this is for the tourney, when they are always playing full tilt, no let downs).

    ACC has sucked. Big favorites, #1 seeds, NC, Duke, VA have been overrated, did not cover. It matters.

    Tech has pounded the best team in the Big 10 Mich St, #1 seed Gonzaga, a very good Michigan team, and Buffalo. ATS they slaughtered 'em.

    With Tariq Owens a question mark, thought, I am going to wait to see how he looks, if he is himself, going up to block shots, I will go with TT "in game", BIG.
    Yeah, no doubt Texas Tech is better than Virginia. But anything can happen in hoops. Seems like Tech is the play though
    Go Patriots
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #37  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,459
    Quote Originally Posted by StanfordSam View Post
    Yeah, no doubt Texas Tech is better than Virginia. But anything can happen in hoops. Seems like Tech is the play though
    No doubt? They are equal at worst, should be a great game.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #38  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Peters View Post
    TT covering or dominating ATS while Virginia being lucky and winning and not covering ATS has no bearing on tonight’s game. I honestly think you are undermining Virginia’s prowess here, as good as TT’s defense has played the Cavs statistically are still better. This Virgina team beat a hot Oregon team, another hot team in Purdue and another hot team in Auburn. But because they were lucky to win and didn’t cover the spread in 2 of those 3 wins people are hating on them. TT looks more appealing, winning convincingly and looking good as a dog. IMO public loves TT right now while they frown on the Cavs. I think Virginia is 2 to 3 points better than TT on a neutral court. Good luck on TT!!
    Very well put! Enjoy the game
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #39  
    RX Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Bay area
    Posts
    196
    The problem with betting UVA to cover big spreads is their pace of play. When you're always draining the shot clock, never pushing the ball up court and only allowing 3 guys to shoot with any regularity, it's very difficult to cover large numbers on a neutral floor. When UVA has the crowd behind them, like at home, their D is ferocious and can lock down any college basketball team. I admittedly had UVA -6 on Saturday, and when they went up by 10 I thought I had a winning ticket. But, on a neutral floor their D allowed a few late threes from Auburn and they were extremely lucky to get a W.

    Texas Tech has destroyed every team they've played in this tournament, except for Gonzaga. Gonzaga can score like an NBA team and UVA absolutely cannot. I think the Tech D will limit UVA to 55 points or less. The question I struggle with, is whether Tech can score 56. The way I look at it, Culver will have a better game and Mooney and Moretti will have good shooting nights and tech will win by 2-3 pts.

    Should be a boring slug fest, and if you love defense, this is the game for you. I imagine ratings will be terrible and only College hoops fans/ gamblers will watch this game.

    Good luck to whomever you play.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #40  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,065
    So what's the play then..... who we taking tonight fellas....let's goooooo
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #41  
    RX Junior LargeMarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,771
    Some guys are taking Virginia. Some guys are taking Texas Tech. Maybe ScamfordSam is taking Virginia Tech?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #42  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Regal Beagle
    Posts
    8,401
    Quote Originally Posted by LargeMarge View Post
    Some guys are taking Virginia. Some guys are taking Texas Tech. Maybe ScamfordSam is taking Virginia Tech?
    Hahaha lmao

    Whatever everyone plays whether TT or Virginia, may the ball bounce your way and wishing everyone good luck on all their plays/props. Bet responsibly and don’t go crazy with the unit sizes just because it’s the championship. It’s just another game to bet on but with a much tighter line as all the attention is on this game. There is better value at one of the MLB games being played today that no one is paying attention to. Good luck folks!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #43  
    Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    Posts
    66,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich3227 View Post
    So what's the play then..... who we taking tonight fellas....let's goooooo
    I'm doing Tech
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter". "A rising tide raises all boats". "MAGA"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #44  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Palo Alto
    Posts
    4,938
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Peters View Post
    Bet responsibly and don’t go crazy with the unit sizes just because it’s the championship. It’s just another game to bet on but with a much tighter line as all the attention is on this game. There is better value at one of the MLB games being played today that no one is paying attention to. Good luck folks!!!
    Trolling aside, this is a very good point. Don't bet more because it's a bigger game.

    GL
    Go Patriots
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #45  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    5,550
    Best of luck tonight Willie! Thanks for all your contributions this year! Enjoy the game!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #46  
    Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    Posts
    66,256
    Quote Originally Posted by spidur94 View Post
    Best of luck tonight Willie! Thanks for all your contributions this year! Enjoy the game!
    back at you
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter". "A rising tide raises all boats". "MAGA"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #47  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Palo Alto
    Posts
    4,938
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich3227 View Post
    So what's the play then..... who we taking tonight fellas....let's goooooo
    TT ML

    Took a shot on TT -5 at +220 as well; don't feel as great about that one, but worth the shot IMO

    GL with your action
    Go Patriots
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #48  
    RX Senior Mosi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Land of the Big Rat
    Posts
    5,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie99 View Post
    I'm doing Tech
    Hey now, BAS and HM said this was a Family Forum.

    Good luck Willie.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #49  
    RX Junior Loves2kickass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Reno, Nv
    Posts
    2,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    Wrong again. I did not think much of KY but with NBA-Washington back, and Auburn's NBA-Okeke was out, I thought KY would prevail, but the Auburn back up bigs played well. Calapari was out coached, big time.

    It is basketball. Pounding the pointspread matters. I had Auburn +5 vs 'lil Virginia.

    TT has dominated ATS it's last 9 games but especially in the Big Dance.

    VA has not, EVERYBODY knows they have been disappointing, lucky, overrated.

    In football a team wins by 21 but one TD was a punt return and one they got a fumble on the 5 yd line and then ran it in after a few plays. In hoops it is 1-2-3 points at a time, on "O" and "D", so it is much more indicative of performance (this is for the tourney, when they are always playing full tilt, no let downs).

    ACC has sucked. Big favorites, #1 seeds, NC, Duke, VA have been overrated, did not cover. It matters.

    Tech has pounded the best team in the Big 10 Mich St, #1 seed Gonzaga, a very good Michigan team, and Buffalo. ATS they slaughtered 'em.

    With Tariq Owens a question mark, thought, I am going to wait to see how he looks, if he is himself, going up to block shots, I will go with TT "in game", BIG.
    Actually I was right again. GL
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #50  
    RX Local Mobdeeper7239's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    21,381
    Quote Originally Posted by StanfordSam View Post
    Yeah, no doubt Texas Tech is better than Virginia. But anything can happen in hoops. Seems like Tech is the play though
    Clueless yet again.


    ”No doubt Texas tech is better than UVA.” Lmfaoooo. Willie knows basketball I just didn’t agree with his analysis. But this moron doesn’t know shit about sports. Period.
    Accomplished
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •