Forum: College Basketball Forum - Post your picks and discuss anything related to betting College Hoops here.

Thread: So you mean I get to take the best team in this tournament on Monday night

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    "Calling All The Shots" TheShotDoctor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StanfordSam View Post
    Texas Tech should be favored by 3-5. They’re better and hotter. Virginia Tech is lucky to be here

Anything can happen in college basketball, but no question TT is the better team right now.
    VA TECH Is Not Here
    "Calling All The Shots!"

RX Junior
    Texas Tech should be favored by 3-5. They’re better and hotter. Virginia Tech is lucky to be here

Anything can happen in college basketball, but no question TT is the better team right now.
    not that lucky...since they're not here

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobdeeper7239 View Post
    Carson Edwards could shoot a beach volleyball through the basket that night.
    A beach volleyball is smaller than a basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Cheddar View Post
    A beach volleyball is smaller than a basketball

Yeah realized that after I wrote it, but you know what I mean. A fucking beach ball.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShotDoctor View Post
    VA TECH Is Not Here

Lmfao. Now this is worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Peters View Post
    Didn’t you also have Auburn losing by double digits to UK???

How can you say Virginia is overrated? They lost only 3 games (twice to Duke and to FSU in the conference tourney). Their SOS is the same as TT, Virginia is rated higher than TT in the Sagrin Rating, Virginia is #1 on KenPom through Saturdays games. Yes TT is a solid team but I think the Cavs are being undervalued by their close calls in winning games. Eye test and public preception is in TT’s favour right now. It would not surprise me if TT won, but very surprised at how so many are already not giving Virginia any chance tomorrow night. Should be a great game.
    I saw a post that he said if Auburn gets behind by double digits they would fold. Well, Auburn was behind by double digits almost the entire first half and not only did they not fold, they beat Kentucky. Saying Virginia is over rated is a amature comment at best. Whether they have covered the spreads or not lately really has nothing to do with this matchup tonight. The spread is 1. I wouldn't take much stock in his comments Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    Yes I had KY, I haven't won every tourney game, have you? I saw NBA bound Washington back for KY, and NBA bound Okeke out for Auburn, figured the KY bigs would dominate inside, and had seen KY guards on "D" minimize Wofford's 3 pt shooters. Auburn bigs compensated, KY did not execute, IMO poor coaching, too, by Calapari.

Yes, VA is overrated, the whole ACC was this tourney (last year they did well), especially the favorites, especially the three #1 seeds... how did they do ATS (look it up, please, it matters)? VA is solid but luckiest team on the planet to beat Purdue and Auburn, both in the final seconds on crazy plays. By the way, Brown had the flu and had to sit out here and there and that hurt Auburn though he got back in late and hit some big 3's.

Again, teams in the tourney, look for those that keep pounding the spread against those that keep losing or barely squeeking by. And also look for conference ATS... by the way the Big 12 is top notch hoops, for years, this yr KU had injuries, so did K State or they would be in the fray. There are other things to look at, of course, and yes VA -1.5 is now a small spread for VA to cover. But TT (if Owens is OK) should win SU by 7-10.

GL!

GL!
    I'll take Virginia +7 to +10. Is PP ok for payment? Lol

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Loves2kickass View Post
    I saw a post that he said if Auburn gets behind by double digits they would fold. Well, Auburn was behind by double digits almost the entire first half and not only did they not fold, they beat Kentucky. Saying Virginia is over rated is a amature comment at best. Whether they have covered the spreads or not lately really has nothing to do with this matchup tonight. The spread is 1. I wouldn't take much stock in his comments Russell.
    Wrong again. I did not think much of KY but with NBA-Washington back, and Auburn's NBA-Okeke was out, I thought KY would prevail, but the Auburn back up bigs played well. Calapari was out coached, big time.

It is basketball. Pounding the pointspread matters. I had Auburn +5 vs 'lil Virginia.

TT has dominated ATS it's last 9 games but especially in the Big Dance.

VA has not, EVERYBODY knows they have been disappointing, lucky, overrated.

In football a team wins by 21 but one TD was a punt return and one they got a fumble on the 5 yd line and then ran it in after a few plays. In hoops it is 1-2-3 points at a time, on "O" and "D", so it is much more indicative of performance (this is for the tourney, when they are always playing full tilt, no let downs).

ACC has sucked. Big favorites, #1 seeds, NC, Duke, VA have been overrated, did not cover. It matters.

Tech has pounded the best team in the Big 10 Mich St, #1 seed Gonzaga, a very good Michigan team, and Buffalo. ATS they slaughtered 'em.

With Tariq Owens a question mark, thought, I am going to wait to see how he looks, if he is himself, going up to block shots, I will go with TT "in game", BIG.

RX Senior
    Wrong again. I did not think much of KY but with NBA-Washington back, and Auburn's NBA-Okeke was out, I thought KY would prevail, but the Auburn back up bigs played well. Calapari was out coached, big time.

It is basketball. Pounding the pointspread matters. I had Auburn +5 vs 'lil Virginia.

In football a team wins by 21 but one TD was a punt return and one they got a fumble on the 5 yd line and then ran it in after a few plays. In hoops it is 1-2-3 points at a time, on "O" and "D", so it is much more indicative of performance (this is for the tourney, when they are always playing full tilt, no let downs).

ACC has sucked. Big favorites, #1 seeds, NC, Duke, VA have been overrated, did not cover. It matters.

Tech has pounded the best team in the Big 10 Mich St, #1 seed Gonzaga, a very good Michigan team, and Buffalo. ATS they slaughtered 'em.

With Tariq Owens a question mark, thought, I am going to wait to see how he looks, if he is himself, going up to block shots, I will go with TT "in game", BIG.
    TT covering or dominating ATS while Virginia being lucky and winning and not covering ATS has no bearing on tonight’s game. I honestly think you are undermining Virginia’s prowess here, as good as TT’s defense has played the Cavs statistically are still better. This Virgina team beat a hot Oregon team, another hot team in Purdue and another hot team in Auburn. But because they were lucky to win and didn’t cover the spread in 2 of those 3 wins people are hating on them. TT looks more appealing, winning convincingly and looking good as a dog. IMO public loves TT right now while they frown on the Cavs. I think Virginia is 2 to 3 points better than TT on a neutral court. Good luck on TT!!

TT covering or dominating ATS while Virginia being lucky and winning and not covering ATS has no bearing on tonight’s game. I honestly think you are undermining Virginia’s prowess here, as good as TT’s defense has played the Cavs statistically are still better. This Virgina team beat a hot Oregon team, another hot team in Purdue and another hot team in Auburn. But because they were lucky to win and didn’t cover the spread in 2 of those 3 wins people are hating on them. TT looks more appealing, winning convincingly and looking good as a dog. IMO public loves TT right now while they frown on the Cavs. I think Virginia is 2 to 3 points better than TT on a neutral court. Good luck on TT!!
    Pretty much this...

I have no idea who wins tonight. Should be a great game...

RX Junior

Yeah, no doubt Texas Tech is better than Virginia. But anything can happen in hoops. Seems like Tech is the play though
    Go Patriots

RX Senior
    Yeah, no doubt Texas Tech is better than Virginia. But anything can happen in hoops. Seems like Tech is the play though
    No doubt? They are equal at worst, should be a great game.

RX Senior
    Very well put! Enjoy the game

RX Member
    The problem with betting UVA to cover big spreads is their pace of play. When you're always draining the shot clock, never pushing the ball up court and only allowing 3 guys to shoot with any regularity, it's very difficult to cover large numbers on a neutral floor. When UVA has the crowd behind them, like at home, their D is ferocious and can lock down any college basketball team. I admittedly had UVA -6 on Saturday, and when they went up by 10 I thought I had a winning ticket. But, on a neutral floor their D allowed a few late threes from Auburn and they were extremely lucky to get a W.

Texas Tech has destroyed every team they've played in this tournament, except for Gonzaga. Gonzaga can score like an NBA team and UVA absolutely cannot. I think the Tech D will limit UVA to 55 points or less. The question I struggle with, is whether Tech can score 56. The way I look at it, Culver will have a better game and Mooney and Moretti will have good shooting nights and tech will win by 2-3 pts.

Should be a boring slug fest, and if you love defense, this is the game for you. I imagine ratings will be terrible and only College hoops fans/ gamblers will watch this game.

Good luck to whomever you play.

RX Junior
    So what's the play then..... who we taking tonight fellas....let's goooooo

Some guys are taking Virginia. Some guys are taking Texas Tech. Maybe ScamfordSam is taking Virginia Tech?

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by LargeMarge View Post
    Some guys are taking Virginia. Some guys are taking Texas Tech. Maybe ScamfordSam is taking Virginia Tech?
    Hahaha lmao

Whatever everyone plays whether TT or Virginia, may the ball bounce your way and wishing everyone good luck on all their plays/props. Bet responsibly and don’t go crazy with the unit sizes just because it’s the championship. It’s just another game to bet on but with a much tighter line as all the attention is on this game. There is better value at one of the MLB games being played today that no one is paying attention to. Good luck folks!!!

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich3227 View Post
    I'm doing Tech
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter". "A rising tide raises all boats". "MAGA"

RX Junior
    Bet responsibly and don’t go crazy with the unit sizes just because it’s the championship. It’s just another game to bet on but with a much tighter line as all the attention is on this game. There is better value at one of the MLB games being played today that no one is paying attention to. Good luck folks!!!
    Trolling aside, this is a very good point. Don't bet more because it's a bigger game.

GL
    Go Patriots

RX Senior
    Best of luck tonight Willie! Thanks for all your contributions this year! Enjoy the game!

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    Quote Originally Posted by spidur94 View Post
    Best of luck tonight Willie! Thanks for all your contributions this year! Enjoy the game!
    back at you
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter". "A rising tide raises all boats". "MAGA"

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich3227 View Post
    TT ML

Took a shot on TT -5 at +220 as well; don't feel as great about that one, but worth the shot IMO

GL with your action
    Go Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by Willie99 View Post
    I'm doing Tech
    Hey now, BAS and HM said this was a Family Forum.

Good luck Willie.

Actually I was right again. GL

Clueless yet again.

”No doubt Texas tech is better than UVA.” Lmfaoooo. Willie knows basketball I just didn’t agree with his analysis. But this moron doesn’t know shit about sports. Period.
    Accomplished