Saturday 4/13/2019 ... Comps / Bonus Plays / Trends / Betting Info / Requests Etc

Search

Tokens
Brooklyn Nets vs. Philadelphia 76ers Preview and Predictions 04-13-2019 in NBA

Philadelphia took advantage of its opportunities to rest players down the stretch, but the third-seeded 76ers still have some serious health concerns entering Game 1 of their best-of-seven first-round matchup with the visiting Brooklyn Nets on Saturday. After sitting out five of the final seven games of the regular season to rest his balky knee, Sixers All-Star center Joel Embiid may need to sit out the series opener, according to general manager Elton Brand.

Philadelphia was just 8-10 without Embiid during the regular season, but the Nets are refusing to dwell on any potential advantages entering the series. "No, no. I'm afraid it's what you did with your little brother. 'Ah, my knee hurts,' and then, the guy gets 50 on you," Brooklyn coach Kenny Atkinson told reporters when asked if he is preparing for a game without Embiid. "If he's out there, we'll play it normal. We won't go at him any more. This is the playoffs, I expect him to play. I expect him to be full force. If he doesn't play, we'll make adjustments." The Nets have already been in playoff mode, clinching a postseason spot for the first time in four years in their second-to-last game and then locking down the sixth seed with a win over Miami on the final day of the regular season. Embiid averaged 30 points and 14.3 rebounds in four meetings with Brooklyn this season as the teams split four matchups.

TV: 2:30 p.m. ET, ESPN, WWOR-TV (Brooklyn), NBCS Philadelphia

ABOUT THE NETS (42-40): Brooklyn surged to its first winning season since 2013-14 largely on the back of All-Star guard D'Angelo Russell, who posted career highs in scoring (21.1 points per game) and assists (7.0), bumping those numbers to 23.3 and 7.7, respectively, after the All-Star break. He had six straight 20-point games down the stretch and fellow guard Caris LeVert averaged 17.3 while making 5-of-9 3-pointers during the team's three-game winning streak to finish the regular season. Starters Joe Harris (toe) and DeMarre Carroll (wrist) both sat out the win over the Heat on Wednesday but Atkinson told reporters he expects them to be ready for Game 1.

ABOUT THE 76ERS (51-31): Philadelphia made big moves during the regular season to build a formidable unit around Embiid, acquiring standouts Tobias Harris and Jimmy Butler, but the team's optimal starting five has been on the court together just 10 times. "To say we are all prepared and ready go to isn't true," coach Brett Brown told reporters after a 125-109 win over Chicago on Wednesday to end the regular season. "The good news is we have talent. We are hoping to jump into the playoffs, find the wave, ride the current, and play good basketball. But to suggest we have had a season's worth of preparation is really just factually wrong." Shooting guard JJ Redick averaged 27 points over his last four games but sat out the final two contests of the regular season with back and quadriceps issues.

BUZZER BEATERS

1. The teams last met in the playoffs in 1984, when the New Jersey Nets scored a first-round upset over the Sixers, who were the defending NBA champs.

2. Butler (back) played just 16 minutes over the final four games and was held to nine points on 3-of-10 shooting in the 123-110 win over Brooklyn on March 28.

3. The winning team scored at least 122 points in all four meetings during the regular season.

PREDICTION
Brooklyn Nets 110 - Philadelphia 76ers 114

Tokens
BROOKLYN (42 - 40) at PHILADELPHIA (51 - 31) - 4/13/2019, 2:30 PM

Top Trends for this game.

PHILADELPHIA is 140-115 ATS (+13.5 Units) in all games over the last 3 seasons.
PHILADELPHIA is 51-35 ATS (+12.5 Units) in home games over the last 2 seasons.
PHILADELPHIA is 20-8 ATS (+11.2 Units) in home games when playing with 2 days rest over the last 3 seasons.
PHILADELPHIA is 30-18 ATS (+10.2 Units) in home games when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
PHILADELPHIA is 75-55 ATS (+14.5 Units) versus good offensive teams - scoring 106+ points/game over the last 3 seasons.
PHILADELPHIA is 42-24 ATS (+15.6 Units) versus good offensive teams - scoring 106+ points/game - 2nd half of the season over the last 3 seasons.
BROOKLYN is 45-37 ATS (+4.3 Units) in all games this season.
BROOKLYN is 33-23 ATS (+7.7 Units) when the total is greater than or equal to 220 this season.
BROOKLYN is 65-51 ATS (+8.9 Units) as an underdog over the last 2 seasons.
BROOKLYN is 25-16 ATS (+7.4 Units) in road games this season.
BROOKLYN is 28-14 ATS (+12.6 Units) in a road game where the total is greater than or equal to 220 over the last 2 seasons.
BROOKLYN is 31-16 ATS (+13.4 Units) in road games in the second half of the season over the last 3 seasons.
BROOKLYN is 32-16 ATS (+14.4 Units) revenging a loss vs opponent this season.
BROOKLYN is 51-34 ATS (+13.6 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
BROOKLYN is 24-10 ATS (+13.0 Units) in road games when playing against a team with a winning record - 2nd half of the season over the last 3 seasons.
BROOKLYN is 34-22 ATS (+9.8 Units) in road games versus poor defensive teams - allowing 106+ points/game over the last 2 seasons.
BROOKLYN is 37-22 ATS (+12.8 Units) versus good offensive teams - scoring 106+ points/game this season.
BROOKLYN is 19-8 ATS (+10.2 Units) in road games versus good offensive teams - scoring 106+ points/game - 2nd half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
PHILADELPHIA is 13-24 ATS (-13.4 Units) vs. division opponents over the last 2 seasons.
PHILADELPHIA is 6-15 ATS (-10.5 Units) after a win by 10 points or more this season.
PHILADELPHIA is 16-27 ATS (-13.7 Units) after scoring 115 points or more this season.

Head-to-Head Series History

BROOKLYN is 6-5 against the spread versus PHILADELPHIA over the last 3 seasons
PHILADELPHIA is 8-4 straight up against BROOKLYN over the last 3 seasons
6 of 12 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

Tokens
Orlando Magic vs. Toronto Raptors Preview and Predictions 04-13-2019 in NBA

The Toronto Raptors have reached the Eastern Conference semifinals in each of the past three seasons and begin pursuit of another appearance on Saturday when they open the first-round series against the visiting Orlando Magic. Toronto harbors hopes of reaching the NBA Finals this time around behind All-Star small forward Kawhi Leonard.

The second-seeded Raptors no longer have LeBron James - and the Cleveland Cavaliers - halting their NBA Finals' bids and this could be a one-and-only chance with Leonard, who could be one of the most coveted free agents this July. "What we've been talking about all year -- being able to get to the Finals and win," Leonard told teammate Serge Ibaka in a YouTube appearance on Thursday of the focus. "That's always my mindset coming into the season, that's always a goal of mine." While Toronto reached 50 wins for the fourth consecutive season, Orlando halted a six-season playoff drought by putting together an 11-2 finishing kick to earn the No. 7 seed. "I think we can win, too, and we all do," Magic coach Steve Clifford told reporters, well aware the Raptors are huge favorites. "Look, no matter what, our guys have done a good job, but the NBA is about winning in the playoffs. We have size, we have intelligence and we're playing good basketball right now."

TV: 5 p.m. ET, ESPN, FS Florida (Orlando), Sportsnet One (Toronto)

ABOUT THE MAGIC (42-40): Reserve swingman Terrence Ross averaged 27.3 points over the past four games - including a season-high 35 in the regular-season finale against the Charlotte Hornets - and drained 22 3-pointers during the stretch. Ross made 217 3-pointers to become the first player to top 200 in a season without starting a game in NBA history and is thriving in Orlando after spending the first 4 1/2 seasons of his seven-year career with the Raptors. "My role is night and day different than when I was in Toronto," Ross, who averaged a career-best 15.1 points, told reporters. "I've stepped into a new role here and I'm embracing it."

ABOUT THE RAPTORS (58-24): Leonard averaged 26.6 points while playing in 60 games, fewer than he was anticipating after playing in just nine for the San Antonio Spurs last season before being dealt to Toronto. "We did a great job of just attacking the problem in the beginning, during training camp, laying out the schedule, and I feel good," Leonard told reporters. "I wasn't as healthy as I wanted to be this year, but I couldn't say I would have this type of season in the beginning of the year, you know, the way things have started and how I felt." The Raptors finished the season strong by winning seven of their last eight games, including a 121-109 home win over Orlando on April 1.

BUZZER BEATERS

1. The Magic split four regular-season meetings with the Raptors after losing 17 of the previous 21 matchups.

2. Toronto is just 2-13 in Game 1s in its playoff history.

3. Orlando All-Star C Nikola Vucevic (stomach illness) is expected to be fine after missing the regular-season finale on Wednesday.

PREDICTION
Orlando Magic 102 - Toronto Raptors 108

Tokens
ORLANDO (42 - 40) at TORONTO (58 - 24) - 4/13/2019, 5:00 PM

ORLANDO is 5-15 ATS (-11.5 Units) in road games when playing with 2 days rest over the last 3 seasons.
TORONTO is 8-0 ATS (+8.0 Units) in home games in April games over the last 2 seasons.
ORLANDO is 44-35 ATS (+5.5 Units) in all games this season.
ORLANDO is 8-1 ATS (+6.9 Units) on Saturday games this season.
ORLANDO is 14-4 ATS (+9.6 Units) against Atlantic division opponents this season.
ORLANDO is 17-8 ATS (+8.2 Units) after scoring 115 points or more this season.
ORLANDO is 22-13 ATS (+7.7 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
ORLANDO is 36-27 ATS (+6.3 Units) versus poor defensive teams - allowing 106+ points/game this season.
ORLANDO is 36-26 ATS (+7.4 Units) versus good offensive teams - scoring 106+ points/game this season.
ORLANDO is 20-10 ATS (+9.0 Units) versus good offensive teams - scoring 106+ points/game - 2nd half of the season this season.
TORONTO is 206-261 ATS (-81.1 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record - 2nd half of the season since 1996.

ORLANDO is 6-5 against the spread versus TORONTO over the last 3 seasons
TORONTO is 7-4 straight up against ORLANDO over the last 3 seasons
7 of 11 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

Tokens
LA Clippers vs. Golden State Warriors Preview and Predictions 04-13-2019 in NBA

The slog through an inconsistent and drama-filled regular season is over for the Golden State Warriors, who can finally get to the business of winning a third straight NBA championship and fourth in five seasons. The top-seeded Warriors will begin their quest by hosting the eighth-seeded Los Angeles Clippers in Game 1 of the first round of the Western Conference playoffs on Saturday.

Golden State is 16-2 in the first round over the last four seasons but isn't overlooking the Clippers, who made the playoffs despite numerous preseason lottery predictions. "They've been getting better with every move they've made," Warriors coach Steve Kerr told reporters of Los Angeles. "They've really set themselves up for the future, and I think just making the playoffs surprised a lot of people. But the way they've played the last couple of months, they've been rock-solid. They're a tough opponent. It doesn't matter who you play in the playoffs - you're gonna get tested, and it's gonna be fun." The Clippers dropped three of their last four regular season games, including a 131-104 setback at Golden State, to fall into the No. 8 spot and go into the postseason with a pair of rookies in the starting lineup. "Not a lot of teams that ever have had two rookies starting going into the playoffs, but we do," Los Angeles coach Doc Rivers told reporters. "And (center Ivica Zubac) is like a rookie. So, that experience for them is gonna be amazing ... and we want them to have a great experience. They're gonna have to grow up fast, but I think they will."

TV: 8:15 p.m. ET, ABC

ABOUT THE CLIPPERS (48-34): Los Angeles starts a pair of rookies in the backcourt in Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Landry Shamet but surrounds them with plenty of experience. Sixth man and leading scorer Lou Williams (20-point average) will take the big shots at the end of games along with veteran small forward Danilo Gallinari (19.8 points) while veteran point guard Patrick Beverley will be counted on to provide tough defense against the likes of Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson. "I'm happy for the opportunity for Shai, (Shamet), (Zubac), some of the guys that have never been to the playoffs," Beverley told the Southern California News Group. "You make your name in the playoffs."

ABOUT THE WARRIORS (57-25): Golden State is full of playoff experience with most of the key pieces back from the last two NBA title runs, but center DeMarcus Cousins will be enjoying his first postseason experience. "I'm about to be on a stage that I've never been on before, and it's crazy," Cousins told reporters. "I'm so (expletive) excited. I plan on leaving it all on the floor. I'm trying to take my game to another level and show everyone a player they've never seen before. That's my plan." Cousins, who averaged 16.3 points and 8.2 rebounds in 30 games after returning from an Achilles injury, will not be asked to shoulder the scoring load with Curry (27.3 points), Kevin Durant (26) and Thompson (21.5) around.

BUZZER BEATERS

1. Curry (ankle) sat out Wednesday's season finale but is expected to play Game 1.

2. Williams averages 11.2 points on 37.6 percent shooting in 52 career playoff games.

3. Golden State took three of the four regular-season meetings, with the lone loss coming in overtime at Los Angeles on Nov. 12.

PREDICTION
LA Clippers 112 - Golden State Warriors 123

Tokens
LA CLIPPERS (48 - 34) at GOLDEN STATE (57 - 25) - 4/13/2019, 8:00 PM

LA CLIPPERS are 1-9 ATS (-8.9 Units) in April games over the last 2 seasons.
LA CLIPPERS are 229-290 ATS (-90.0 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record - 2nd half of the season since 1996.
GOLDEN STATE is 136-100 ATS (+26.0 Units) in April games since 1996.
GOLDEN STATE is 68-44 ATS (+19.6 Units) in all playoff games since 1996.
GOLDEN STATE is 27-10 ATS (+16.0 Units) in the first round of the playoffs since 1996.
GOLDEN STATE is 18-5 ATS (+12.5 Units) in home games after allowing 130 points or more since 1996.
GOLDEN STATE is 86-58 ATS (+22.2 Units) versus good offensive teams - scoring 106+ points/game - 2nd half of the season since 1996.
LA CLIPPERS are 45-36 ATS (+5.4 Units) in all games this season.
LA CLIPPERS are 47-33 ATS (+10.7 Units) in road games over the last 2 seasons.
LA CLIPPERS are 23-9 ATS (+13.1 Units) vs. division opponents over the last 2 seasons.
LA CLIPPERS are 60-44 ATS (+11.6 Units) versus poor defensive teams - allowing 106+ points/game over the last 2 seasons.
LA CLIPPERS are 29-17 ATS (+10.3 Units) in road games versus good offensive teams - scoring 106+ points/game over the last 2 seasons.
GOLDEN STATE is 35-46 ATS (-15.6 Units) in all games this season.
GOLDEN STATE is 31-43 ATS (-16.3 Units) as a favorite this season.
GOLDEN STATE is 37-53 ATS (-21.3 Units) in home games over the last 2 seasons.
GOLDEN STATE is 24-36 ATS (-15.6 Units) in a home game where the total is greater than or equal to 220 over the last 2 seasons.
GOLDEN STATE is 45-59 ATS (-19.9 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
GOLDEN STATE is 27-41 ATS (-18.1 Units) versus poor defensive teams - allowing 106+ points/game this season.

GOLDEN STATE is 7-5 against the spread versus LA CLIPPERS over the last 3 seasons
GOLDEN STATE is 10-2 straight up against LA CLIPPERS over the last 3 seasons
9 of 12 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

Tokens
San Antonio Spurs vs. Denver Nuggets Preview and Predictions 04-13-2019 in NBA

The San Antonio Spurs are playoff regulars but the postseason represents new ground for this group of Denver Nuggets. The second-seeded Nuggets are ending a five-season playoff drought when they host the Spurs in Saturday's opener of the Western Conference first-round series.

Denver was an NBA-best 34-7 at home while falling three victories shy of matching the franchise record for wins in a season and is hoping to make a good impression this postseason. "There's an excitement (about the playoffs)," Nuggets coach Michael Malone told reporters. "This is a new challenge for our guys. We're going to embrace it, we're looking forward to it. We'll see what we can do." Seventh-seeded San Antonio is part of the postseason for the 22nd consecutive season - the longest streak among the four major North American sports - and enters with momentum after winning its last three games and six of its past nine. "We ended off strong," guard DeMar DeRozan told reporters. "Our confidence is high. ... I think we've got our mindset where it's supposed to be heading into the playoffs."

TV: 10:30 p.m. ET, ESPN, FS Southwest (San Antonio) ET, Altitude (Denver)

ABOUT THE SPURS (48-34): San Antonio is viewed as the underdog and guard Bryn Forbes said the team has a major grudge toward the naysayers. "Everyone here is hungry, even the young guys," Forbes told reporters. "We all want to prove people wrong who didn't even have us in the playoffs at the beginning of the season. We want to win it all, you know what I mean? We want to prove everybody wrong and do what we know we are capable of doing." The Spurs will certainly rely heavily on All-Star power forward LaMarcus Aldridge, who averaged 22.3 points and shot 55.7 percent from the field in four games against Denver this season.

ABOUT THE NUGGETS (54-28): All-Star center Nikola Jokic will be the focal point after posting the second-most double-doubles (56) and triple-doubles (12) in franchise history, behind Hall of Famer Dikembe Mutombo (58 in 1992-93) and Fat Lever (16 in 1986-87), respectively. But perhaps just as important for Denver is the play of shooting guard Gary Harris, who averaged 15.7 points over the final three games of the regular season after scoring 11 or fewer in each of his previous eight appearances. "The last three or four games, he's been the Gary Harris of old," Malone told reporters. "I just sense that this is a guy that wants it. He wasn't going to (kick) away the opportunity at the No. 2 seed."

BUZZER BEATERS

1. The teams split all four regular-season meetings with the home team winning each time.

2. DeRozan was just 7-of-45 from 3-point range this season after making a career-best 89 for the Toronto Raptors last season.

3. San Antonio has two backcourt members who finished among the top five in 3-pointers by a reserve - Patty Mills (third with 155) and Marco Belinelli (fifth, 145).

PREDICTION
San Antonio Spurs 104 - Denver Nuggets 108

Tokens
SAN ANTONIO (48 - 34) at DENVER (54 - 28) - 4/13/2019, 10:30 PM

SAN ANTONIO is 15-27 ATS (-14.7 Units) in road games when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
DENVER is 25-16 ATS (+7.4 Units) in home games this season.
SAN ANTONIO is 1090-956 ATS (+38.4 Units) in all games since 1996.
SAN ANTONIO is 26-8 ATS (+17.2 Units) revenging a loss vs opponent this season.
SAN ANTONIO is 33-24 ATS (+6.6 Units) versus good offensive teams - scoring 106+ points/game this season.
DENVER is 12-24 ATS (-14.4 Units) against Southwest division opponents over the last 2 seasons.

SAN ANTONIO is 7-4 against the spread versus DENVER over the last 3 seasons
SAN ANTONIO is 7-4 straight up against DENVER over the last 3 seasons
6 of 11 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

Tokens
Carolina Hurricanes vs. Washington Capitals Preview and Predictions 04-13-2019 in NHL

The Carolina Hurricanes took the fight to the reigning Stanley Cup champions in their series opener, only to see the Washington Capitals record the knockout blow due in large part to their special teams play. The Hurricanes aim to pick themselves off the mat on Saturday afternoon when they play Game 2 of their Eastern Conference first-round series in Washington.

Nicklas Backstrom scored one of his team's two power-play goals and tallied again in the first period on Thursday as the Capitals built a 3-0 lead before holding on for a 4-2 victory. "We got a good start there. We got some energy off our (three) goals in the first, but overall I think we got fortunate a little bit," said the 31-year-old Swede, who has 100 career points in the playoffs. "... I think as a team we can play a little bit better. We got lucky there." Rookie Andrei Svechnikov tallied twice in the third period, but Carolina failed to convert on all three power-play opportunities -- including a pair in the final eight minutes of the game. "Our special teams in general has to be better. Both PK and power play weren't good enough," Hurricanes forward Jordan Staal said. "Special teams have to be better if we're going to win some games."

TV: 3 p.m. ET, NBC, Sportsnet, TVAS

ABOUT THE HURRICANES: Carolina's success on the power play has seen more twists and turns than most murder-mystery novels, with the club failing to score with the man advantage during a nine-game stretch only to convert in each of the final four contests of the season. Lucas Wallmark set up both of the 19-year-old Svechnikov's goals in the third period to give him three points in his last two games after being held off the scoresheet in each of his previous seven. "We've been playing with each other a lot this season," the 23-year-old Swede said. "We know each other out there and we like to play with each other. He's a great player."

ABOUT THE CAPITALS: Defenseman John Carlson tied an NHL playoff record for most assists in a period with three, but it was his team's play at the other end of the ice that resonated with him the most. "Yeah, at the end, that was big, a lot of big-time blocks, big-time clears and guys paying the price, and that's what we're going to need," the 29-year-old Carlson said. "No team is going to just roll over no matter what the score in the playoffs." Captain Alex Ovechkin, who led the league with 51 goals in the regular season and had an NHL-best 15 in last year's playoff run, scored his 62nd in the postseason to move into a tie with Hall of Famer Bobby Hull for 27th place on the league's all-time list.

OVERTIME

1. Carolina C Sebastian Aho, who led the team with 30 goals, has been held without a tally in 15 straight games.

2. Capitals G Braden Holtby has turned aside 171 of 181 shots in his last six contests (6-0-0), with three of those wins coming against the Hurricanes.

3. Carolina D Calvin de Haan practiced with his teammates on Friday as he attempts to work his way back from an upper-body injury that has sidelined him since March 31.

PREDICTION
Carolina Hurricanes 3 - Washington Capitals 2

Tokens
CAROLINA (46-30-0-7, 99 pts.) at WASHINGTON (49-26-0-8, 106 pts.) - 4/13/2019, 3:00 PM

CAROLINA is 23-34 ATS (-15.4 Units) vs. division opponents over the last 2 seasons.
CAROLINA is 32-48 ATS (+83.4 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
WASHINGTON is 115-75 ATS (+195.0 Units) in all games over the last 2 seasons.
WASHINGTON is 67-45 ATS (+0.3 Units) second half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
WASHINGTON is 45-24 ATS (+10.6 Units) vs. division opponents over the last 2 seasons.
WASHINGTON is 45-23 ATS (+11.6 Units) after a division game over the last 2 seasons.
WASHINGTON is 62-42 ATS (+6.6 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
WASHINGTON is 38-26 ATS (+7.5 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
CAROLINA is 30-15 ATS (+9.6 Units) second half of the season this season.
CAROLINA is 19-10 ATS (+30.6 Units) in road games after allowing 4 goals or more over the last 2 seasons.
WASHINGTON is 9-15 ATS (-17.6 Units) in home games when leading in a playoff series since 1996.

WASHINGTON is 10-3 (+5.4 Units) against the spread versus CAROLINA over the last 3 seasons
WASHINGTON is 10-3-0 straight up against CAROLINA over the last 3 seasons
7 of 13 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+0.4 Units)

Tokens
Dallas Stars vs. Nashville Predators Preview and Predictions 04-13-2019 in NHL

Having already stolen home-ice advantage in their Western Conference first-round series, the Dallas Stars have an opportunity to take a commanding lead in their best-of-seven set when they visit the Nashville Predators for Game 2 on Saturday night. Dallas, seeded seventh after claiming the top wild card, overcame an early deficit to post a 3-2 win in Wednesday's series opener.

While the Stars lost three of five meetings to the Predators in the regular season, Wednesday's matchup marked their third victory at Bridgestone Arena, but overconfidence is not an issue for the players. "The emotions are incredible," defenseman Ben Lovejoy said. "You win one game, you feel like you're winning a Stanley Cup. You lose one game you feel like you're going to get swept and the series is over. ... We need to be even keel." Nashville was bounced in the second round last season after winning the Presidents' Trophy but advanced to the Stanley Cup Finals two years ago by winning three road series, so the team is not overreacting to one defeat. "It feels like it's five losses in a row right now, but it's just the first game of the playoffs," forward Colton Sissons said. "There's areas that we can clean up and be better at, and we'll do that. We know exactly what we need to do."

TV: 7 p.m. ET, CNBC, Sportsnet, TVAS2, FS Southwest (Dallas), FS Tennessee (Nashvile)

ABOUT THE STARS: Although a league scoring change one day later denied him a second goal, rookie defenseman Miro Heiskanen, the No. 3 overall pick in the 2017 NHL draft, was the unquestioned star of Game 1. "I am not surprised anymore, but it is truly impressive," goaltender Ben Bishop said of the 19-year-old. "He plays like he has been in the league 10 years. He just goes about his business quietly, efficiently. This guy is going to be a star in this league for a long time." Bishop also stood tall by making 30 saves in his first playoff game in three years.

ABOUT THE PREDATORS: One of the major concerns entering the series for Nashville is a power play that finished the regular season with a league-worst 12.9 percent success rate, and it remained an issue after the Predators came up empty on all four chances in Game 1. "That's going to be one thing that we're going to want to improve on next game," defenseman P.K. Subban said. "I think we just got out of our groove a little bit and just didn't put the puck in the right places." Both goals in Game 1 came from defensemen as Roman Josi and Subban each scored.

OVERTIME

1. Nashville is 0-9 in playoff series after losing Game 1.

2. Stars F Alexander Radulov was the beneficiary of the scoring change, giving him six goals in his last seven games.

3. Predators G Pekka Rinne has lost five of his last six playoff starts at home.

PREDICTION
Dallas Stars 2 - Nashville Predators 3

Tokens
DALLAS (44-32-0-7, 95 pts.) at NASHVILLE (47-30-0-6, 100 pts.) - 4/13/2019, 6:00 PM

NASHVILLE is 286-222 ATS (+514.3 Units) revenging a loss versus opponent since 1996.
NASHVILLE is 59-34 ATS (+13.8 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
DALLAS is 219-240 ATS (+509.5 Units) in road games when playing against a team with a winning record since 1996.

NASHVILLE is 9-6 (+0.6 Units) against the spread versus DALLAS over the last 3 seasons
NASHVILLE is 9-6-0 straight up against DALLAS over the last 3 seasons
8 of 14 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+2.0 Units)

Tokens
Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Boston Bruins Preview and Predictions 04-13-2019 in NHL

The setting of the Toronto Maple Leafs' recent postseason nightmares has been the beautiful city of Boston, but the visitors could go a long way toward exorcising those demons on Saturday when they play Game 2 of their Eastern Conference first-round series against the Bruins. The Maple Leafs answered a pair of demoralizing Game 7 losses in Boston with an emphatic 4-1 win in the series opener on Thursday.

"We're a different team. We've got a little more confidence in this room and we're ready to play with it," said Mitch Marner, who scored twice to help Toronto secure its first series-opening victory since 2003. The 21-year-old Toronto area native capped his first multi-goal postseason performance by converting a penalty shot late in the second period on Thursday, giving him 11 points (four goals, seven assists) in eight playoff games versus Boston. Marner's second tally changed the momentum of the contest for both clubs, as the Bruins saw their bid to regain the lead with a power-play opportunity go by the boards shortly after Jake DeBrusk dragged down the speedy Maple Leafs forward. "When you get a power play, you want to get something good out of it and get some momentum. Obviously, that did the opposite. ... That can't happen," said Patrice Bergeron, who scored with the man advantage for Boston's lone goal.

TV: 8 p.m. ET, NBC, CBC, TVAS

ABOUT THE MAPLE LEAFS: John Tavares collected a goal and an assist on Thursday to boost his playoff point total to 24 (12 goals, 12 assists) in 25 career games. Fellow forward William Nylander also scored in Game 1, giving him goals in back-to-back contests after tallying just once in his previous 18. Defenseman Jake Muzzin notched the primary assist on Marner's first-period goal, lifting his point total to 21 (seven goals, 14 assists) in 51 career playoff games and 17 (five goals, 12 assists) in 31 contests with the Maple Leafs since being acquired in a trade with Los Angeles on Jan. 28.

ABOUT THE BRUINS: DeBrusk, who crashed hard into the boards following his exchange with Marner, was not at practice Friday morning and could be in line to sit out Game 2. "Jake was given a maintenance day (and I) assume he'll be back with us tomorrow morning," coach Bruce Cassidy said. "Right now, I anticipate he'll play. If not, (David) Backes will go in." Boston did see the returns to practice of forward Sean Kuraly and defenseman John Moore, with the former skating with a stick for the first time since breaking his hand on March 21 while the latter has been sidelined since March 25 with an upper-body injury.

OVERTIME

1. Boston D Torey Krug, who set up Bergeron's first-period goal, has seven points (one goal, six assists) in his last five games versus Toronto.

2. Maple Leafs C Patrick Marleau, who had an assist on Nylander's second-period goal, is expected to skate in his 186th NHL postseason game on Saturday to move past Hall of Famer Denis Potvin for 27th place in NHL history.

3. Bergeron won 16 of 27 faceoffs in Game 1.

PREDICTION
Toronto Maple Leafs 2 - Boston Bruins 3

Tokens
TORONTO (47-28-0-8, 102 pts.) at BOSTON (49-25-0-9, 107 pts.) - 4/13/2019, 8:00 PM

TORONTO is 21-23 ATS (-19.4 Units) second half of the season this season.
TORONTO is 10-20 ATS (-11.5 Units) in road games after a win by 2 goals or more over the last 2 seasons.
TORONTO is 14-7 ATS (+21.0 Units) in road games when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
BOSTON is 290-245 ATS (-156.2 Units) in home games second half of the season since 1996.
BOSTON is 36-43 ATS (-31.8 Units) in home games revenging a home loss versus opponent since 1996.
BOSTON is 35-36 ATS (-14.6 Units) revenging a loss versus opponent over the last 2 seasons.

TORONTO is 12-8 (+5.5 Units) against the spread versus BOSTON over the last 3 seasons
TORONTO is 12-8-0 straight up against BOSTON over the last 3 seasons
9 of 18 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=-0.7 Units, Under=-0.5 Units)

Tokens
Colorado Avalanche vs. Calgary Flames Preview and Predictions 04-13-2019 in NHL

Perhaps the biggest question mark for the Calgary Flames entering their Western Conference first-round playoff series was their goaltending, but those concerns were allayed for at least one night. Buoyed by veteran netminder Mike Smith's sensational performance in Game 1, Calgary looks to take a 2-0 series lead against the visiting Colorado Avalanche on Saturday night.

Despite a 4-0 victory in the opener, a result that was deceptive after scoring a pair of late goals, the Flames were already looking ahead rather than revel in their first postseason victory in four years. "Celebrating after wins? It's not the regular season anymore," forward Matthew Tkachuk said. "You can enjoy it right now, but as soon as you leave the rink, I feel like you should focus on Game 2." Colorado, which used a 10-game point streak down the stretch to snag the final wild card, was not discouraged by the loss despite the inability to dent Smith. "I think we played a good game. We can learn a little bit from them," goaltender Philipp Grubauer said. "It was fun to play for sure and we're all looking forward to Game 2. We need to get the split."

TV: 10:30 p.m. ET, NBC Sports Network, Altitude (Colorado), CBC, Sportset, TVAS (Calgary)

ABOUT THE AVALANCHE: Coach Jared Bednar noted that second-leading scorer Mikko Rantanen looked "rusty" in his return to the lineup after sitting out the previous eight games due to an upper-body injury. "I thought as the game went on he got a little more competitive and started making things happen," Bednar said of Rantanen, who had three points in as many games against Calgary this season. "I think he got better as the game went on, and I expect him to be real good next game." The Avalanche's No. 7-ranked power play whiffed on all four chances Thursday.

ABOUT THE FLAMES: Making his first playoff appearance since 2012 with Arizona, Smith became the fourth goaltender age 37 or older to post a series-opening shutout while Calgary's fans chanted his name throughout. "I haven't quite heard anything like that before in my career," acknowledged Smith, who had a 1.94 goals-against average in his previous 11 starts. "Not in my 13 years in the league. It gives you confidence. It was something else. Special. Something I'll probably never forget." Tkachuk, who scored 34 times in the regular season, had two goals Thursday.

OVERTIME

1. The Flames scored twice on the power play Thursday after converting once in their previous 13 games.

2. Avalanche leading scorer Nathan MacKinnon lost 13 of 17 faceoffs in Game 1.

3. Flames F Mikael Granlund had a power-play goal Thursday after collecting four points in three regular-season matchups versus Colorado.

PREDICTION
Colorado Avalanche 3 - Calgary Flames 4

Tokens
COLORADO (38-31-0-14, 90 pts.) at CALGARY (51-25-0-7, 109 pts.) - 4/13/2019, 10:30 PM

COLORADO is 38-45 ATS (-15.6 Units) in all games this season.
COLORADO is 16-53 ATS (+102.1 Units) in road games second half of the season over the last 3 seasons.
COLORADO is 11-17 ATS (-9.3 Units) after allowing 4 goals or more this season.

CALGARY is 9-1 (+8.0 Units) against the spread versus COLORADO over the last 3 seasons
CALGARY is 9-1-0 straight up against COLORADO over the last 3 seasons
5 of 9 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+1.0 Units)

Tokens
Chicago White Sox vs. New York Yankees Preview and Predictions 04-13-2019 in MLB

Rookie outfielder Eloy Jimenez is making a strong first impression in the majors and thoroughly enjoyed his first taste of the Big Apple. Jimenez will try to follow up an impressive New York debut and lead the Chicago White Sox to a second straight win when they visit the Yankees for the second of a three-game series on Saturday.

Jimenez, who made history when he agreed to a six-year, $43 million contract before even making his major league debut, hit the first two home runs of his career on Friday to lead Chicago to a 9-6 win in a seven-inning, rain-shortened series opener. The 22-year-old Dominican Republic native blasted a go-ahead two-run shot in the fifth to center and lifted a 446-foot blast between the rain drops in the seventh inning to provide some insurance before the contest was washed out. The Yankees are suddenly slumping with losses in four straight and an ever-expanding injury list that added catcher Gary Sanchez (calf) on Friday. New York will take one player off that list when left-hander CC Sabathia makes his season debut opposite former Yankees righty Ivan Nova on Saturday.

TV: 1:05 p.m. ET, NBCS Chicago, YES (New York)

PITCHING MATCHUP: White Sox RH Ivan Nova (0-1, 7.71 ERA) vs. Yankees LH CC Sabathia (2018: 9-7, 3.65)

Nova got off to a strong start in his Chicago debut, holding the Cleveland Indians to one run over seven innings in a no-decision on April 1, but was not as sharp last time out. The Dominican Republic native was ripped for seven runs on as many hits in 2 1/3 innings to suffer a loss against Seattle on Sunday. Nova, who spent the first 6 1/2 seasons of his career in New York, is 27-19 with a 4.35 ERA in 67 career games - 62 starts - at Yankee Stadium.

Sabathia is making his first start of his final season after announcing his retirement and going through a heart procedure over the winter. The 38-year-old, who also battled a knee injury during spring training, is the active major league leader in wins (246) and strikeouts (2,986), and his 3.65 ERA last season was his best mark since 2012. Sabathia went 0-1 with a 3.09 ERA in two starts against Chicago last season, posting 18 strikeouts in 11 2/3 total innings.

WALK-OFFS

1. Yankees 2B DJ LeMahieu went 2-for-2 on Friday to raise his batting average to .439.

2. White Sox SS Tim Anderson is 16-for-29 over the last seven games.

3. New York RHP Dellin Betances (shoulder) experienced a setback in his rehab after pitching a simulated game on Thursday and will be shut down for three weeks.

PREDICTION
Chicago White Sox 3 - New York Yankees 6

Tokens
CHI WHITE SOX (3 - 8) at NY YANKEES (5 - 7) - 1:05 PM
IVAN NOVA (R) vs. C.C. SABATHIA (L)

CHI WHITE SOX are 23-52 (-24.4 Units) against the money line in day games over the last 2 seasons.
NY YANKEES are 92-67 (-29.1 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 3 seasons.

There were no past matchups in this series during this time period.
IVAN NOVA vs. NY YANKEES since 1997
NOVA is 1-0 when starting against NY YANKEES with an ERA of 1.29 and a WHIP of 0.714.
His team's record is 1-0 (+1.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 1-0. (+1.0 units)
C.C. SABATHIA vs. CHI WHITE SOX since 1997
SABATHIA is 19-7 when starting against CHI WHITE SOX with an ERA of 3.75 and a WHIP of 1.238.
His team's record is 24-13 (+8.1 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 20-15. (+3.5 units)

Tokens
Baltimore Orioles vs. Boston Red Sox Preview and Predictions 04-13-2019 in MLB

The Boston Red Sox ticked off a couple of milestones for the 2019 season on Friday - first back-to-back victories and first win by a starting pitcher - and it only took the defending champs 14 games. The Red Sox will try to make it three straight wins when they host the Baltimore Orioles on Saturday in the second of a four-game series.

Boston got off to a 3-9 start due in large part to poor starting pitching but received 6 2/3 strong innings from Eduardo Rodriguez in Friday's series opener and enough from the bats to earn a 6-4 victory. The Red Sox took an early lead with some power behind a home run from Andrew Benintendi and an RBI double from Xander Bogaerts before tacking on some insurance runs with small ball in a well-rounded effort. The Orioles are trending in the opposite direction with losses in four straight and eight of their last nine games while enduring their own problems on the mound with an average of 8.3 runs allowed in those nine contests. Baltimore will turn to right-hander Andrew Cashner to stop the bleeding on Saturday while Boston hopes righty Rick Porcello can give it back-to-back quality outings.

TV: 1:05 p.m. ET, MLB Network, MASN (Baltimore), NESN (Boston)

PITCHING MATCHUP: Orioles RH Andrew Cashner (2-1, 5.28 ERA) vs. Red Sox RH Rick Porcello (0-2, 13.50)

Cashner started on opening day and was knocked around in a loss at the New York Yankees but fared better in his next two turns, earning the win in each. The veteran Texan tossed six scoreless innings in a win at Toronto on April 2 and got the win against the Oakland Athletics on Monday while yielding three earned runs and nine hits in 5 1/3 frames. Cashner did not face Boston last season and is 1-1 with a 3.75 ERA in two career starts against the Red Sox.

Porcello was roughed up in each of his first two starts, lasting 2 2/3 innings at Seattle on March 31 and serving up seven runs and 10 hits over 4 2/3 frames at Arizona on April 5. The former Cy Young Award winner issued seven walks in those 7 1/3 innings and yielded a total of three home runs among 16 hits. Porcello won both of his starts against Baltimore last season, allowing a total of three runs while striking out 15 in 12 total frames.

WALK-OFFS

1. Orioles 1B Chris Davis lined out in a pinch-hitting appearance on Friday and is suffering through a MLB-record streak of 62 consecutive hitless plate appearances (54 at-bats).

2. Red Sox 1B Mitch Moreland recorded at least one extra-base hit in each of his last six starts.

3. Boston CF Jackie Bradley Jr. is 1-for-16 over his last six games.

PREDICTION
Baltimore Orioles 8 - Boston Red Sox 5

Tokens
BALTIMORE (5 - 8) at BOSTON (4 - 9) - 1:05 PM
ANDREW CASHNER (R) vs. RICK PORCELLO (R)

BALTIMORE is 52-123 (-51.3 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 23-64 (-24.5 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 6-27 (-18.9 Units) against the money line when playing on Saturday over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 3-22 (-16.5 Units) against the money line when playing with a day off over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 29-87 (-49.7 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
BALTIMORE is 24-46 (-22.3 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 94-47 (+27.7 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 4-9 (-10.1 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
BOSTON is 426-359 (-87.4 Units) against the money line in home games against division opponents since 1997.

There were no past matchups in this series during this time period.
ANDREW CASHNER vs. BOSTON since 1997
CASHNER is 1-1 when starting against BOSTON with an ERA of 3.75 and a WHIP of 1.333.
His team's record is 1-1 (+0.1 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-1. (-0.2 units)
RICK PORCELLO vs. BALTIMORE since 1997
PORCELLO is 6-11 when starting against BALTIMORE with an ERA of 4.62 and a WHIP of 1.304.
His team's record is 8-12 (-7.7 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 12-7. (+4.1 units)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
depolarizados
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com